What is truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
three persons

So, if I understand you correctly, you’re a 3 selves trinitarian. Is that right?

Why do some trinitarians believe the Trinity is 1 self? Do you view it is a problem that they do?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if I understand you correctly, you’re a 3 selves trinitarian. Is that right?

Why do some trinitarians believe the Trinity is 1 self? Do you view it is a problem that they do?

three persons one divine nature

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
three persons one divine nature

So say the 1 self trinitarians and the 3 selves trinitarians.

I take it from your response that you see no problem with either position.

A 1 self Trinity and / or a 3 selves Trinity is still the Trinity.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So say the 1 self trinitarians and the 3 selves trinitarians.

I take it from your response that you see no problem with either position.

A 1 self Trinity and / or a 3 selves Trinity is still the Trinity.

no only three!
Three persons in one God!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
no only three!
Three persons in one God!

Trinitarianism.

Is “your” Triune God 3 selves or only 1 self?

As I’ve pointed out several times now, some trinitarians say the Trinity is 1 self, some say the Trinity is 3 selves and some say they don’t know if the Trinity is 1 self or 3 selves.

Does it matter to “you” which position is true about the Trinity?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trinitarianism.

Is “your” Triune God 3 selves or only 1 self?

As I’ve pointed out several times now, some trinitarians say the Trinity is 1 self, some say the Trinity is 3 selves and some say they don’t know if the Trinity is 1 self or 3 selves.

Does it matter to “you” which position is true about the Trinity?

two spirations!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why do some trinitarians say only one?

We were able to agree on the general principle that truth matters.

Is the truth about the Trinity being only 1 self or being 3 selves knowable?

The penny catechism

24. Is there only one God? There is only one God. 25. Are there three Persons in God? There are three Persons in God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.

26. Are these three Persons three Gods? These three Persons are not three Gods: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are all one and the same God. 27. What is the mystery of the three Persons in one God called? The mystery of the three Persons in one God is called the mystery of the Blessed Trinity. 28. What do you mean by a mystery? By a mystery I mean a truth which is above reason, but revealed by God. 29. Is there any likeness to the Blessed Trinity in your soul? There is this likeness to the Blessed Trinity in my soul, that as in one God there are three Persons, so in my one soul there are three powers. 30. Which are the three powers of your soul? The three powers of my soul are my memory, my understanding, and my will. THE SECOND ARTICLE 31. What is the second article of the Creed? The second article of the Creed is, “and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.” 32. Who is Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ is God the Son, made man for us. 33. Is Jesus Christ truly God? Jesus Christ is truly God. 34. Why is Jesus Christ truly God? Jesus Christ is truly God because He has one and the same nature with God the Father. 35. Was Jesus Christ always God? Jesus Christ was always God, born of the Father from all eternity. 36. Which Person of the Blessed Trinity is Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. 37. Is Jesus Christ truly man? Jesus Christ is truly man. 38. Why is Jesus Christ truly man? Jesus Christ is truly man because He has the nature of man, having a body and soul like ours. 39. Was Jesus Christ always man? Jesus Christ was not always man: He has been man only from the time of His Incarnation. 40. What do you mean by the Incarnation? I mean by the Incarnation that God the Son took to Himself the nature of man: “the Word was made Flesh.” (John 1:14.) 41. How many natures are there in Jesus Christ? There are two natures in Jesus Christ, the nature of God and the nature of man.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The penny catechism

24. Is there only one God? There is only one God. 25. Are there three Persons in God? There are three Persons in God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.

26. Are these three Persons three Gods? These three Persons are not three Gods: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are all one and the same God. 27. What is the mystery of the three Persons in one God called? The mystery of the three Persons in one God is called the mystery of the Blessed Trinity. 28. What do you mean by a mystery? By a mystery I mean a truth which is above reason, but revealed by God. 29. Is there any likeness to the Blessed Trinity in your soul? There is this likeness to the Blessed Trinity in my soul, that as in one God there are three Persons, so in my one soul there are three powers. 30. Which are the three powers of your soul? The three powers of my soul are my memory, my understanding, and my will. THE SECOND ARTICLE 31. What is the second article of the Creed? The second article of the Creed is, “and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.” 32. Who is Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ is God the Son, made man for us. 33. Is Jesus Christ truly God? Jesus Christ is truly God. 34. Why is Jesus Christ truly God? Jesus Christ is truly God because He has one and the same nature with God the Father. 35. Was Jesus Christ always God? Jesus Christ was always God, born of the Father from all eternity. 36. Which Person of the Blessed Trinity is Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. 37. Is Jesus Christ truly man? Jesus Christ is truly man. 38. Why is Jesus Christ truly man? Jesus Christ is truly man because He has the nature of man, having a body and soul like ours. 39. Was Jesus Christ always man? Jesus Christ was not always man: He has been man only from the time of His Incarnation. 40. What do you mean by the Incarnation? I mean by the Incarnation that God the Son took to Himself the nature of man: “the Word was made Flesh.” (John 1:14.) 41. How many natures are there in Jesus Christ? There are two natures in Jesus Christ, the nature of God and the nature of man.

Thanks, but that doesn’t resolve the issue I asked about.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
three selfs or persons one god

I understand your position. What I’m asking about is an alternate position held by some trinitarians.

I don’t think it matters. I’m still uncertain whether or not you think it does.

One theory about how many selves the Trinity is is as good as another as far as I’m concerned.

Trinity (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

I. How many selves / persons?

Me. How many selves / persons?

My. How many selves / persons?

Mine. How many selves / persons?

Myself. How many selves / persons?

Himself. How many selves / persons?

Yourself. How many selves / persons?

Easy questions. Easy answers.

We’re able to communicate with one another because we understand what singular personal pronouns mean.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your position. What I’m asking about is an alternate position held by some trinitarians.

I don’t think it matters. I’m still uncertain whether or not you think it does.

One theory about how many selves the Trinity is is as good as another as far as I’m concerned.

Trinity (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

I. How many selves / persons?

Me. How many selves / persons?

My. How many selves / persons?

Mine. How many selves / persons?

Myself. How many selves / persons?

Himself. How many selves / persons?

Yourself. How many selves / persons?

Easy questions. Easy answers.

We’re able to communicate with one another because we understand what singular personal pronouns mean.

Yep

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don’t you ask the Protestant queen Elizabeth who murdered
Thousands of faith Christians (Catholics) and martyrs for the faith of Jesus Christ!
Why should i have to ask Elizabeth???

I am asking you. You say heresy is treason. Is it worthy of death? Are you saying that we, who refuse to become Catholic should be killed and that the state should carry it out?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should i have to ask Elizabeth???

I am asking you. You say heresy is treason. Is it worthy of death? Are you saying that we, who refuse to become Catholic should be killed and that the state should carry it out?

no one only for those who refuse to repent of teaching error and heresy!