What is truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
no one only for those who refuse to repent of teaching error and heresy!

Do you see Jesus, the apostles and the early church using Inquisition techniques and turning unrepentant people over to the state for imprisonment, punishment and execution in scripture?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they are the witnesses of Christ!
Acts 1:8
They may or may not be witnesses, but they are NOT fathers and they are NOT to be believed on that basis. They are average Christians like anyone else.

Your religion is envious of Christ, which is why your religion has usurped the authority of Christ through false priests who take confession and give absolution.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They may or may not be witnesses, but they are NOT fathers and they are NOT to be believed on that basis. They are average Christians like anyone else.

Your religion is envious of Christ, which is why your religion has usurped the authority of Christ through false priests who take confession and give absolution.
On the contrary it establishes Christ and his authority thru all time and to al men and all places

The church is an extension of Christ!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

fake priests???

If Christ is high priest there must be low priests of the same order!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fake priests???

If Christ is high priest there must be low priests of the same order!
You heard what I said. There is only ONE priest and his name is Jesus Christ. The fact that Catholics have a priesthood is indicative false teaching. Those who are true followers of Jesus would NEVER agree to serve as a priest. NEVER.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not your church. Pedophilia, Paganism, Indulgences, Inquisition, Aster worship, Purgatory, Limbo, Confessional booth, etc. etc. etc.

Most of what you claim does not refer to the church but to modernist apostates

as for confession the Bible says

Jn 20:21-23
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You heard what I said. There is only ONE priest and his name is Jesus Christ. The fact that Catholics have a priesthood is indicative false teaching. Those who are true followers of Jesus would NEVER agree to serve as a priest. NEVER.

can you be saved without a priest?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

how is a high priest possible without low priests?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you see Jesus, the apostles and the early church using Inquisition techniques and turning unrepentant people over to the state for imprisonment, punishment and execution in scripture?

I would be greatly surprised if anyone does. It’s wholly antithetical to the attitude of Jesus, the apostles and the early church.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I see the Bible saying it

I’m greatly surprised. Where do you see Jesus, the apostles and the early church using Inquisition techniques and then turning unrepentant people over to the state for imprisonment, punishment and execution expressed in scripture?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not your church. Pedophilia, Paganism, Indulgences, Inquisition, Aster worship, Purgatory, Limbo, Confessional booth, etc. etc. etc.

absolution of sin:

Lk 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

christ extends his mission power and authority to his church in all places for all times! Jn 20:21-23

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m greatly surprised. Where do you see Jesus, the apostles and the early church using Inquisition techniques and then turning unrepentant people over to the state for imprisonment, punishment and execution expressed in scripture?

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in any sense what has been called “the priesthood of all believers” (1 Peter 2:5-9)?

Yes the royal priesthood

but Christ is high priest according to the order of melchisedec

So we must have priests according to the same order

Reactions: Matthias

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of what you claim does not refer to the church but to modernist apostates
Negative. Apostates are excommunicated. The Catholic Pedophiles were moved from area to area. Your religion has no authority.