What Is Your Super Power?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello sister, long time no see. I am very rarely on FB anymore so I don;t get to check out the prayer pages, I'm sorry...just don't like FB.

Super powers, Ahahahaha....well, ok. No spiritual gifts that I know of :(

………. Comforting others draws me as I feel their pain, I am a crier, daily. .

I think you have conveyed spiritual gifts Nancy, but perhaps haven’t recognised them as such. Not everyone can bring comfort to others or empathise with their pain. You used the words “draws me “ …something within you takes over
Being empathic and having a desire to come alongside someone is something Jesus did. ……….

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think you have conveyed spiritual gifts Nancy, but perhaps haven’t recognised them as such. Not everyone can bring comfort to others or empathise with their pain. You used the words “draws me “ …something within you takes over
Being empathic and having a desire to come alongside someone is something Jesus did. ……….
@Rita Good point.....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a morning person. Some days I've either swam 1000 yards or ran 3 miles AS WELL AS cycled 9.5 miles before work at 7 AM.
You exercise buffs make me want to eat twice as much ice cream and lay on my sofa all day watching movies.:p

(Sorry, I just noticed my spell check changed buff to buffoon)

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

'Surely the nations are like a drop in a bucket;
they are regarded as dust on the scales ...' Isaiah 40:15

What! I have Super Power??

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can walk into any room of kids and know one of them needs to be changed. I have this super smelling. It is amazing. But yeh, working with kids. Singing and writing are my other gifts.

This is my wife. I can blow out a candle on the complete opposite end of the house, and within 15 seconds I'll hear, "Something's burning!"

I tend to sleep with the dogs when I'm in my own bed, and last night I went in to join her and she said, "You smell like a dog."

surprised-shocked-animals-funny-1__700.jpg

Fine kettle of fish. I thought about using one of my superpowers and irritating her with it, but in the end I just went and changed my shirt.

c5cf9cf6fa4f3b73552ccc57b30d53b0.jpg

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of outside the gifts of the Holy Spirit is serving and witnessing. Everyday I find myself helping someone with a ride or whatever and on the way we talk about the Lord...my radio station is always on a Christian station.
I am a good listerner...but if you're not going to talk I get uncomfortable with the quietness then I start blabbing non stop.:D

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is my wife. I can blow out a candle on the complete opposite end of the house, and within 15 seconds I'll hear, "Something's burning!"

I tend to sleep with the dogs when I'm in my own bed, and last night I went in to join her and she said, "You smell like a dog."

surprised-shocked-animals-funny-1__700.jpg

Fine kettle of fish. I thought about using one of my superpowers and irritating her with it, but in the end I just went and changed my shirt.

c5cf9cf6fa4f3b73552ccc57b30d53b0.jpg

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of outside the gifts of the Holy Spirit is serving and witnessing. Everyday I find myself helping someone with a ride or whatever and on the way we talk about the Lord...my radio station is always on a Christian station.
I am a good listener...but if you're not going to talk I get uncomfortable with the quietness then I start blabbing non stop.:D

I used to do that. :) Good witnessing tool. Only you gotta be selective. One time I gave this guy a ride, and we ended up in the projects. I think he went in to do a drug deal. I'm sitting there waiting for him with gunshots going off four buildings away.

Kinda changed the way I looked at car ride evangelism, LoL.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I once bought some earmuffs cuz I wanted some peace and quiet to think, cuz she would do that thing where they call out to you from the opposite side of the house, and you have to yell to answer or stop whatever you are doing and go walk over there.

Someone came over and saw my earmuffs, and asked me what they were for. I said, "They're 'Marriage Savers.'"

earmuffs.jpg

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to do that. :) Good witnessing tool. Only you gotta be selective. One time I gave this guy a ride, and we ended up in the projects. I think he went in to do a drug deal. I'm sitting there waiting for him with gunshots going off four buildings away.

Oh my goodness, that happened to my husband about 15 yrs ago! He got out of there quick ...he was more careful about offering rides after that!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, I quit doing that years ago.
Offering car rides was legit back before cell phones.
But nowadays, anyone thumbing a ride...that's not a good sign.
I don't even stop for broken down cars anymore.
One, everyone's already called someone about it from their cell phone, and two, the days when you could pop the hood of a broken down car and get it running in a couple of minutes are long gone.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Never have used an alarm clock.
* Decide when I want to wake up and do.

* Organization of every item, (house, garage, shop, vehicle, storage)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Had a friend telling me about growing up and his mom complaining about having to wash his sheets so often because all the dog hair.
It wasn’t dog hair, it was him shedding. Oops. After he moved out of the house, was when his mom realized it wasn’t the (family) dog. Lol

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...when I got Covid for the 2nd time.
Oh, I guess that's my superpower.
Because I've had Covid twice (the second time was a breeze) I feel like I'm super resistant to whatever Covid has to throw at me from here on out....I think, lol.

And, by the way, I'm unvaxxed. (I had to look up how to spell that.)

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Taken

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had a friend telling me about growing up and his mom complaining about having to wash his sheets so often because all the dog hair.
It wasn’t dog hair, it was him shedding. Oops. After he moved out of the house, was when his mom realized it wasn’t the (family) dog. Lol
...and the fleas?

Reactions: TLHKAJ