What makes a doctrine false?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigmund freud was just a man with intellect jim . He had many thoughts
and saw things through THE LENS OF MAN the WISDOM OF MAN .
No matter if truths are in it , IT WONT LEAD ONE TO GOD , rather far from GOD . that too is a fact .
And physcology seems to always change with the times .
I mean back in the day they had some things right that now today THEY HAVE DEAD WRONG .
TODAYS physcology sees gay marriage as good ,
back in the day if even a man thought he was a woman , EVEN THE PHYSOCOLOGISTS were still wise enough
to call that MADNESS . NOT TODAY JIM . PHYSCOLOY DOES as the WORLD DOES JIM .
IT ALWAYS CHANGES WITH THE TIMES , IT MIGHT CONTAIN TRUTHS BUT NEVER WILL IT CONTAIN THE TRUTH .
Why can't you write in even reasonably clear English? And you claim that you went to college?

P.S. There is no such thing as "physcology".

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wisdom of man will always change in time . THE WORD OF GOD WILL NOT CHANGE .
THE wisdom of men will always change and go with the flows of society
the wisdom of man embraces evolution and change and thus believes that knowledge gets better in time .
The wisdom of men will holler and say things like the bible is outdated .
OR that we know more about homosexaulity than the primative man did back then .
BUT WHAT THE MIND OF MAN DOES NOT KNOW NOR CAN IT KNOW
IS THAT GOD HAS ALWAYS KNOWN FAR MORE THAN MAN about ANY SUBJECT .
and that what HE said from the beginning IS AS TRUE back then as it is TODAY .
THUS i say , WHATEVER GOD SAYS , NOW THAT IS TRUTH . ME IS STICKING TO THE BIBLE .
Cause man will change and times do change , BUT THE TRUTH changes NOT and shall endure forever .
Ignored...

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You use the term "social gospel" ad nauseum but that term means something different from what you think it means. That is why I looked it up. You have yet to define what you mean!

And if you claim to have attended college (at least some college) why can't you write even reasonable English?

And you claim to understand early 17th Century Englyshe? LOL!!!!!
yeah but you forget and forgot something . THEY always say or give a definition of something
make it sound good . BUT IT SURE AINT HOW they teach it .
It would be like me saying HEY i am a red letter christain , WE FOLLOW JESUS TEACHINGS
only to find out what i teach OMITS HIS TEACHINGS and maybe teaches some of what he says .
THE SOCIAL GOSPEL is a guise my friend . SURE it speaks of doing good to the people
IT sure does focus on doing good works . BUT WATCH OUT FOR WHAT ELSE THEY TEACH .
ITS ALL A GUISE to get us all connected . And by us i dont mean just the faiths in christendom
i mean the other religons , even the athiest .
SEE they are smarter than you realize jim .
IF i wanted to take over the world . I would go about it
by preaching something that all religoins and athiest could agree upon .
ANY GUESSES What that is jim .
WHAT DO ALL religoins have in COMMON . EVEN THOUGH most all are false .
WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON . What does the atheist even have in common with them .
THEY ALL DESIRE A LOVE . LOVE IS GONNA CONNECT THEM ALL . BUT IT WONT BE GODS LOVE
cause that gets rejected . ITS A SENSUAL LOVE that says DO GOOD to your fellow man
love ye one another . AND YET it hates the heck of of absolute truth .
SEE the religoins cannot unite as one UNDER THEIR FUNDAMENTAL CORE BELIEFS . CAUSE WE DONT FUNDAMENTALLY AGREE .
Atheist dont beleive as we do , nor do muslims hindus or others . TRUTH is the religoins FUNDAMENTALLY
do disagree with one another on many things .
BUT , here is the key . FROM atheist to all religoins , ALL BELIEVE IN AN IDEA OF LOVE
in an idea of doing good . SO THAT IS WHAT THEY DID .
THEY made FUNDEMENTAL TRUTH and truths LOOK bad , look as though they are in the way oF LOVE
THEY went about breaking down every religoin from within and focused on PREACHING
what ALL have in common . AN UNDERSSTANDING of what the world sees as love .
AND BAM THEY BOUGHT IT JIM . THEY BOUGHT IT HOOK LINE and sinker .
IF my desire were to rule the world , BY GOLLY i have to have the mind of the world the heart of the world .
SO I GOTTA PREACH what all have in common . A love , an idea about doing good
CAUSE EVERYONE has that within them . SO
i would go about breaking down barriers , aka GETTING RID of CERTAIN FOUNDATIONAL TRUTHS
which CONTRADICT one another . AND I WOULD BE REPLACING IT WITH A LOVE that ALL CAN UNITE UNDER .
AND you thought ol amigo was a dumby . IF I KNOW THIS JIM , THEY KNOW THIS .
THEY BEEN DOING THIS THROUGH education , within the religoins and etc . AND SADLY you bought it big time .
THE LOVE they preach DONT HONOR CHRIST OR GOD .
IT rather UNITED and UNITES THEM as one under an idea they THINK IS LOVE . THEY GOT THEM JIM .
THEY GOT THEM NOW . But i have come to expose the lie .
AND have come to point folks back to BIBLCAL TRUTH , THAT GOD , HIS CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignored...
OF course you ignored it jim . CAUSE YOU CANT PROVE IT WRONG . just like you did with other posts .
YOU KNOW and I KNOW ITS TRUE . But this proves something else my friend .
IT PROVES you dont CARE . you just care about this other agenda . GO ahead jim .
TELL ME WHERE I WAS WRONG WITH THAT . OH WAIT YOU CANT . cause YOU KNOW ITS TRUE .
just as ususal you make it seem like a rant .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Start erasing those other posts jim , hurry cause i remember my friend . OR
OR rather do this . LET US LEARN THE TRUE BIBLICAL JESUS . Let us flee the progressive realm and
realms of men who have for so long decieved the peoples .
LET US RETURN TO THE BIBLE and read it with LOVE and JOY IN OUR HEARTS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You running out of gas jim . all you have now is insults . And me thinks the people are wise enough
to see this jim .
I DESIRE GOOD FOR YOU . But you are in danger and as long as you follow the social progressive movement
you are a danger to others too . I truly desire and desired good for you jim .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah but you forget and forgot something . THEY always say or give a definition of something
make it sound good . BUT IT SURE AINT HOW they teach it .
It would be like me saying HEY i am a red letter christain , WE FOLLOW JESUS TEACHINGS
only to find out what i teach OMITS HIS TEACHINGS and maybe teaches some of what he says .
THE SOCIAL GOSPEL is a guise my friend . SURE it speaks of doing good to the people
IT sure does focus on doing good works . BUT WATCH OUT FOR WHAT ELSE THEY TEACH .
ITS ALL A GUISE to get us all connected . And by us i dont mean just the faiths in christendom
i mean the other religons , even the athiest .
SEE they are smarter than you realize jim .
IF i wanted to take over the world . I would go about it
by preaching something that all religoins and athiest could agree upon .
ANY GUESSES What that is jim .
WHAT DO ALL religoins have in COMMON . EVEN THOUGH most all are false .
WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON . What does the atheist even have in common with them .
THEY ALL DESIRE A LOVE . LOVE IS GONNA CONNECT THEM ALL . BUT IT WONT BE GODS LOVE
cause that gets rejected . ITS A SENSUAL LOVE that says DO GOOD to your fellow man
love ye one another . AND YET it hates the heck of of absolute truth .
SEE the religoins cannot unite as one UNDER THEIR FUNDAMENTAL CORE BELIEFS . CAUSE WE DONT FUNDAMENTALLY AGREE .
Atheist dont beleive as we do , nor do muslims hindus or others . TRUTH is the religoins FUNDAMENTALLY
do disagree with one another on many things .
BUT , here is the key . FROM atheist to all religoins , ALL BELIEVE IN AN IDEA OF LOVE
in an idea of doing good . SO THAT IS WHAT THEY DID .
THEY made FUNDEMENTAL TRUTH and truths LOOK bad , look as though they are in the way oF LOVE
THEY went about breaking down every religoin from within and focused on PREACHING
what ALL have in common . AN UNDERSSTANDING of what the world sees as love .
AND BAM THEY BOUGHT IT JIM . THEY BOUGHT IT HOOK LINE and sinker .
IF my desire were to rule the world , BY GOLLY i have to have the mind of the world the heart of the world .
SO I GOTTA PREACH what all have in common . A love , an idea about doing good
CAUSE EVERYONE has that within them . SO
i would go about breaking down barriers , aka GETTING RID of CERTAIN FOUNDATIONAL TRUTHS
which CONTRADICT one another . AND I WOULD BE REPLACING IT WITH A LOVE that ALL CAN UNITE UNDER .
AND you thought ol amigo was a dumby . IF I KNOW THIS JIM , THEY KNOW THIS .
THEY BEEN DOING THIS THROUGH education , within the religoins and etc . AND SADLY you bought it big time .
THE LOVE they preach DONT HONOR CHRIST OR GOD .
IT rather UNITED and UNITES THEM as one under an idea they THINK IS LOVE . THEY GOT THEM JIM .
THEY GOT THEM NOW . But i have come to expose the lie .
AND have come to point folks back to BIBLCAL TRUTH , THAT GOD , HIS CHRIST .
Are you serious? I hope not, because what you wrote is strictly from your imagination. I would laugh, only it isn't funny.

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life." (How many times must I post this same verse?)

Luke 6:31-32, "Do to others as you would have them do to you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them."

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just wondering.....why does Jim belittle people without a bible college or university education.
Gospel preaching did not change over 2000 years, the apostles were guided by the Holy Spirit,.
Jesus said He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
I.o.w the Holy Spirit is still guiding people today.

Belittling people about their education shows to me that the one doing this is running out of steam.
I have been really surprised how this thread has been going.
Maybe time to take a deep breath.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
P.S. There is no such thing as "physcology".
There is. It's actually spelt PSYCHOLOGY, not as above.
It is the study of the mind.
Secular psychology and Christian psychology are at variance over many things but the Bible does have much to say about the mind.

One of them is Matthew 22:37-40, where Jesus says: “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Col 3:2
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

2Ti_1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

And many more . . .

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks.
That's a common response to the question. However...
There is no consensus on what the Bible means. That's the problem.
Who's interpretation is correct?
'Of these things put them in remembrance,
charging them before the Lord
that they strive not about words to no profit,
but to the subverting of the hearers.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
But shun profane and vain babblings:
for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
And their word will eat as doth a canker: .
.. ... ... '
(2 Tim. 2:14-17a)

I believe that God says what He means and means what He says. Therefore I do not seek to 'interpret', I simply believe what I read.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is. It's actually spelt PSYCHOLOGY, not as above.
It is the study of the mind.
Secular psychology and Christian psychology are at variance over many things but the Bible does have much to say about the mind.

One of them is Matthew 22:37-40, where Jesus says: “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Col 3:2
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

2Ti_1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

And many more . . .
I was correcting amigo, whose English is extremely poor. His misspelling of "psychology" is just a single example.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We ALL are different.

Let us look @ the differences of the uneducated fisherman, Peter & the highly educated Pharisee, Paul ; the Gospel of Jesus must be preached to all nations, kindreds & tongues!

God uses THOSE willing to put on his armour, take a stand against the evils of satan, be instant in / out of season for the truth. The preaching of the gospel is FOOLISHNESS........

Are you a  fool that you fail to recognize the TRUTH when it is taught in the simplicity of a child's understanding?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Please quote what you would like to respond to. Thanks.

1. You've never heard it before. (knee-jerk defensive response)

2. You have heard of it before, but assume it's false. (haven't looked into it)

3. Doesn't align with your church's doctrine (your church would say it is false)

4. Doesn't align with your personal doctrine (your views differ)

5. YOUR "Bible" says it is false. (other biblical opinions don't matter)

6. It makes you uncomfortable. (therefore it must be wrong)

7. Everyone knows it's false. (except those who believe it)
I like your topics.

As for this question in your thread title,

The only thing that makes a doctrine false, is if it's false. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. Everything else is secondary to that.

Reactions: St. SteVen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like your topics.

As for this question in your thread title,

The only thing that makes a doctrine false, is if it's false. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. Everything else is secondary to that.
I see it like this, Jesus gives life to ALL humanity yet strangely, not all want life.

Suicide results because HOW one sees allows no hope. It is the result of deception.
God gives life unasked for. Any new born is testimony to this. God gives hope and promise. It is Satan who steals hope and promise. It is Satan who has the power of Death, not God. (Hebrews 2:14)

The perspective of the Apostle Paul, which incidentally I believe Jesus confirms is that in Adam ALL die but in Christ ALL are made alive.
ALL die a natural death not because we choose to but because Adam did. We have inherited the death factor. Animals die, plants die, babies die from no choice of their own.
The reality of Jesus changes that trajectory. IN Jesus ALL humanity is resurrected to life but sadly and most strangely, not ALL want life. They choose to stay at odds with the gift of life freely given.....and their choice is/will be honoured as God does not force life on people

To reiterate, God gave life to Adam and Eve yet warned them of dire consequences if they chose to oppose him. Death was not a threat, it was a consequence. We need to distinguish the difference.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I see it like this, Jesus gives life to ALL humanity yet strangely, not all want life.

Suicide results because HOW one sees allows no hope. It is the result of deception.
God gives life unasked for. Any new born is testimony to this. God gives hope and promise. It is Satan who steals hope and promise. It is Satan who has the power of Death, not God. (Hebrews 2:14)

The perspective of the Apostle Paul, which incidentally I believe Jesus confirms is that in Adam ALL die but in Christ ALL are made alive.
ALL die a natural death not because we choose to but because Adam did. We have inherited the death factor. Animals die, plants die, babies die from no choice of their own.
The reality of Jesus changes that trajectory. IN Jesus ALL humanity is resurrected to life but sadly and most strangely, not ALL want life. They choose to stay at odds with the gift of life freely given.....and their choice is/will be honoured as God does not force life on people

To reiterate, God gave life to Adam and Eve yet warned them of dire consequences if they chose to oppose him. Death was not a threat, it was a consequence. We need to distinguish the difference.
I agree. Your post shows that individuals make different choices, or at least have different reactions. Christ's resurrection is the resurrection of all the children of Adam because he is the last Adam, but it's a kind of communist-collectivist idea to believe that His sacrifice will cause all to change their minds, turn away from living life by their own standards of right and wrong, and turn to faith in Christ.

The words "whoever believes on Him" imply human and individual participation - not efforts / works, but participation through faith. So there is a second death for whoever does not believe on Him.

Also my experience has taught me that some adult humans will 'repent' when the pressure is on - but not really - only for as long as is needed to get the pressure off - but then by choice they will revert straight back to what caused the pressure to be brought upon them in the first place.

Lots of children are like that, but that's because they are children, so no one can say that that sort of principle will apply all their lives - but there are adults whose hearts will never ever soften for long. They will always choose to revert because they simply do not want any god but themselves on the throne.

IMO Universalism is like communist-collectivism. It does not work in practice because it does not take into account the reality of individualism and individual choices, whereas God does take it into account, and has taken it into account. God is not going to turn humans made in His own image and likeness into animals living by instinct so that He can cause their natural animal instinct to follow Him. He allows time for those who will never change to prove that they will never ever change.​

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…you, who were once alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish, and without charge in His sight, if indeed you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:21-23)

That is indeed a condition of attaining salvation. However, it does not say that one who has attained salvation can loose it, as he speaks of the "hope" of salvation through the gospel, not of the assurance of having received it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please quote what you would like to respond to. Thanks.

1. You've never heard it before. (knee-jerk defensive response)

2. You have heard of it before, but assume it's false. (haven't looked into it)

3. Doesn't align with your church's doctrine (your church would say it is false)

4. Doesn't align with your personal doctrine (your views differ)

5. YOUR "Bible" says it is false. (other biblical opinions don't matter)

6. It makes you uncomfortable. (therefore it must be wrong)

7. Everyone knows it's false. (except those who believe it)

The greatest question to ask of concern during these times should be:

What is the "lie" and who are the "false teachers" foretold to bring "destructive doctrines" into the church causing "strong delusion"--and have I believed them?

Most have.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree. Your post shows that individuals make different choices, or at least have different reactions. Christ's resurrection is the resurrection of all the children of Adam because he is the last Adam, but it's a kind of communist-collectivist idea to believe that His sacrifice will cause all to change their minds, turn away from living life by their own standards of right and wrong, and turn to faith in Christ.

The words "whoever believes on Him" imply human and individual participation - not efforts / works, but participation through faith. So there is a second death for whoever does not believe on Him.

Also my experience has taught me that some adult humans will 'repent' when the pressure is on - but not really - only for as long as is needed to get the pressure off - but then by choice they will revert straight back to what caused the pressure to be brought upon them in the first place.

Lots of children are like that, but that's because they are children, so no one can say that that sort of principle will apply all their lives - but there are adults whose hearts will never ever soften for long. They will always choose to revert because they simply do not want any god but themselves on the throne.

IMO Universalism is like communist-collectivism. It does not work in practice because it does not take into account the reality of individualism and individual choices, whereas God does take it into account, and has taken it into account. God is not going to turn humans made in His own image and likeness into animals living by instinct so that He can cause their natural animal instinct to follow Him. He allows time for those who will never change to prove that they will never ever change.​
God draws with kindness. Force is not a part of his M.O. If it were he would have deleted Lucifer at the outset. He allows the choices of intelligent creatures to run their course, counselling us not to be deceived.....ie, that death masquerades as life.

If death (cessation of life) were not a possible reality then the counsel against being deceived is void.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life