What millenials think of Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really think Christians should take rubbish posted against Christians seriously? Such articles should simply be ignored.

Relax, Enoch. One of his first paragraphs reads (under The Know-It-All), "Their main goal in life is to bait anything with a pulse into an argument, preferably online, and then attack-attack-attack until anyone with an internet connection wants nothing to do with God."

Now that is a legitimate and very serious problem with online Christianity, is it not? I think there are actually a lot of people who want nothing to do with Christianity after seeing the way many Christians act on Facebook and various Christian forums, don't you?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh great thanks for that...I guess I was off a decade or so...lol

Used to it. But yeh. If you think about it, Millenials can more closely relate to teens of this day and age. And millenials are going and not coming back...Generation Z and future generations are suffering because of that.

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the article is about what bothers him about fellow believers. :) There are many more categories that could be added in...but aren't.

And a lot of this has to do with how somebody seems to be compared to how they are being perceived. So then a rebellious Christian who is corrected could see the person who is doing the correction as a "know-it-all...or a "holier-than-thou. And it comes from having an unteachable and rebellious attitude which is the MOST prevalent attitude of all in the modern church...yet not listed. Coincidence? I think not! What caused God to reject the people in the wilderness? Does God still count?

Hmmmm....what does that say about the author? ;)

And many of the so-called genuine but flawed believers today that he seems to think he belongs to...are actually just new-agers who seek to appear loving even as they are enemies of the cross.

Christianity is about holiness and truth...and people HATE holiness and truth. So that is reflected in the article. What people care more about is presentation. How something seems to a person on the carnal level.
EXACTLY!!!! We think that when we tell people we are Christians we have just created a perceived expectation of how we should act according to what the definition of what a Christian is.....and those who aren't saved and do not understand being a Christian doesn't mean you are flawless...so He is speaking through the eyes and mentality of young people who see the flaws of Christians and conclude that they talk the talk but never walk the walk and they don't want anything to do with a pretentious ideology of morality.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the article is about what bothers him about fellow believers. :) There are many more categories that could be added in...but aren't.

And a lot of this has to do with how somebody seems to be compared to how they are being perceived. So then a rebellious Christian who is corrected could see the person who is doing the correction as a "know-it-all...or a "holier-than-thou. And it comes from having an unteachable and rebellious attitude which is the MOST prevalent attitude of all in the modern church...yet not listed. Coincidence? I think not! What caused God to reject the people in the wilderness? Does God still count?

Hmmmm....what does that say about the author? ;)

And many of the so-called genuine but flawed believers today that he seems to think he belongs to...are actually just new-agers who seek to appear loving even as they are enemies of the cross.

Christianity is about holiness and truth...and people HATE holiness and truth. So that is reflected in the article. What people care more about is presentation. How something seems to a person on the carnal level.
Now the greatest generation that's the one everyone would wish they were a part of these men and women weren't entitled as many today are.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay now which Christian is described that fits this kind of answer?....lol
Now don't be the first one to reply and claim you aren't or have not been that kind or you will let everyone know which kind you are...Hehehe

Gotcha! :D All in a spirit of love, brother....I already admitted I am one of them.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Relax, Enoch. One of his first paragraphs reads (under The Know-It-All), "Their main goal in life is to bait anything with a pulse into an argument, preferably online, and then attack-attack-attack until anyone with an internet connection wants nothing to do with God."

Now that is a legitimate and very serious problem with online Christianity, is it not? I think there are actually a lot of people who want nothing to do with Christianity after seeing the way many Christians act on Facebook and various Christian forums, don't you?

Very good insight there brother! This is exactly what the writer was trying to convey....it's what others see and perceive in us that is the problem...how are we coming across to them?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good article, but I like this one myself...

59 Percent of Millennials Raised in a Church Have Dropped Out—And They're Trying to Tell Us Why

Once you end teenhood and become an "adult" the ministries end. At the time where teens are finally stepping into the place of leadership as an adult, the focus is gone. All of a sudden millenials are "adulting" expected to be the new generation of leaders in the church, etc. And well many go off to college and things. I am one of the few millenials at my church. Luckily, I fit in well with Generation X, but sometimes I feel like a ministry for just millenials just getting married/parenting for the first time/eager to really minister in church, but really wasn't part of a youth group much in teen years...is overlooked. Suddenly leadership is given to the older or the younger. And the ministry millenials do get involved in...it be nice to have a "wing man" on. Not just set loose. Easy to get burned out.Then there are millenials who just come to seek God, and find they have no one to relate too. Why? Most at this age go to college and never come back.

This article rings more with me, because I see more "in church" then being the church. The next Bible study is thought more about then getting out and helping the least of these. This is what I want to be involved in...most of these ministries are alas, focused towards the teen generation. My mom never allowed missions trips. And it is way harder with kids. (Starting.to rant, so Ima going away and.cooling down.) But yes...as far as Patty's article, I can see these people in church and out of church. I think Generation Z more likely views people this way though. My generation more wonders which Christian they are seen as.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I resent that. Lol. Never going to church again you hypocrites talking to me on the phone. :p (kidding)
:D:D:D:D:D:D
tenor.gif