What millenials think of Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...And cancel the "falling away," or just shorten it, somehow?

Even with covid-19, it seems to be a last-days type pestilence. Being from God (if true), how do we pray about an act that has a deliberate spiritual objective?

Praying about the whims of weather (hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.) seems to be less complicated. They are more of a display of God's Power. Covid-19 looks more like a Judgment.
Covid is among other things I think one of God's tools for doing a lot of good in this world.

Not without difficulties, but He's working good through it.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I suppose there is that, too. Unbelievers are quick to judge based on their own morality, which isn't always Biblically-based. But some of their morals and convictions are in agreement with scripture, and when we are tearing people's heads off during debates, i.e. instead of "instructing those who oppose us in a spirit of meekness," well... let's just say we can't fall back on, "They just don't understand us."
It's like what Paul wrote, I become all things to all people that I may save some, something like that.

We have to be aware how we come across to others, so we're not getting in the way of the Gospel.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have to be aware how we come across to others, so we're not getting in the way of the Gospel.

That was actually a strong focus of Paul's. You can tell in the way he would word things. "Let fornication not be named among you..." and whole lot of other instances. As all the other apostles were, Paul was very concerned about Christians being blameless, and not just before the Lord but before the eyes of men.

Enoch's point notwithstanding, we are called to be blameless in the midst of a sinful generation.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the Scripture "avoid appearance of evil" is much mis-quoted.

Instead, with no care at all for what others think , as if "before the eyes of men" was at all important,

the Ekklesia are to be perfect before God, to be holy, in all behavior, set apart to God, for God, by God, as God Says.

Whatever others think will vary from being blessed, to being consumed with envy and hatred,
just
as happened to Jesus.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was actually a strong focus of Paul's. You can tell in the way he would word things. "Let fornication not be named among you..." and whole lot of other instances. As all the other apostles were, Paul was very concerned about Christians being blameless, and not just before the Lord but before the eyes of men.

Enoch's point notwithstanding, we are called to be blameless in the midst of a sinful generation.
People have enough excuses on their own. We don't need suppy any extra!

:)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the Scripture "avoid appearance of evil" is much mis-quoted.

Instead, with no care at all for what others think , as if "before the eyes of men" was at all important,

the Ekklesia are to be perfect before God, to be holy, in all behavior, set apart to God, for God, by God, as God Says.

Whatever others think will vary from being blessed, to being consumed with envy and hatred,
just
as happened to Jesus.

There's another idea possible in that passage.

Avoid every appearance of evil, that word "appearance" is from a word that's more like "perception" rather than appearance. Not was "looks like evil" to someone else, necessarily, but what appears to me as evil.

So it may be saying, "don't go near anything that looks like evil". This is leaning heavily on a friend who is much better in Koine Greek than I am.

At the end of the day it works the same. Avoid anything that looks like evil, for your sake, and for theirs!

Much love!

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Himself ATE with TAX COLLECTORS - and that LOOKED EVIL, to religious leaders....

He even ..... shhhhhhh....... talked with foreign and sinful women....... shhhhhh... don't tell ....... that looked evil to religious leaders and even 'normal' people .......

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grandmother grew up in that time....she said that once a week they would go to the store to get a loaf of bread....(they only delivered it once a week)....so bread back then a slice of bread was such a treat...Mom would say it was like getting candy.
When I was younger I worked maintenance for flowers baking Co here in North Carolina. l kept a jar of honey in my locker the only thing I can think of that was tastier than that steaming hot bread straight out the oven is the bread Jesus gives. Too the hungry soul every bitter thing is made sweet..