What millenials think of Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't mind me I don't know if I'm hanging or washing half the time
tenor.gif

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are those born around the great depression.
My grandmother grew up in that time....she said that once a week they would go to the store to get a loaf of bread....(they only delivered it once a week)....so bread back then a slice of bread was such a treat...Mom would say it was like getting candy.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grandmother grew up in that time....she said that once a week they would go to the store to get a loaf of bread....(they only delivered it once a week)....so bread back then a slice of bread was such a treat...Mom would say it was like getting candy.
My dad told me a story on e about when he was a kid, maybe around 1945. He was in the little general store near where he lived and the old men as reference by him were talking and one said there's gonna come a day when a loaf of bread will be a half dollar. He said they all fell out, said that was impossible.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know...I am one of the 7 I guess.
Honestly I can admit I am still lacking in walking in perfect love and grace.
His point was to bring it to the churches attention of how much of a turn off we create for them. They don't want what we have. :oops:
So the article is satirical.
This is why it is so very important for each of us to depict in ourselves for everyone to see just exactly what Jesus was/is!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now that is a legitimate and very serious problem with online Christianity, is it not?
The truth is that only genuine Christians understand that spiritual warfare is being waged on every front, including the Interet. And the attacks are going to be there regardless. From the outside, it looks like Christians are simply squabbling and attacking each other, but from the inside it is the wheat against the tares, the sheep against the goats, the wolves against the sheep, Satan against Christ.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is that only genuine Christians understand that spiritual warfare is being waged on every front, including the Interet. And the attacks are going to be there regardless. From the outside, it looks like Christians are simply squabbling and attacking each other, but from the inside it is the wheat against the tares, the sheep against the goats, the wolves against the sheep, Satan against Christ.
Truth! So where does judgment begin?

Reactions: Nancy

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...the old men as reference by him were talking and one said there's gonna come a day when a loaf of bread will be a half dollar.
That reminded me of lyrics to an '80s CCM song (that I can't seem to find) by The Robert Case Band(?).

"Well, it's a whole day's wages for a loaf of bread,
Just like the book of Revelation said.
Hey, hey, hey, we're living in the last days."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Truth! So where does judgment begin?
As Peter and Paul both said, "Judgment begins at the House of God".

PETER
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? (1 Peter 4:17,18)

PAUL: 1 CORINTHIANS 6

1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

These words apply in the context of the local church, where Christians personally know each other. The world has always despised Christians, and will continue to do so.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps he does understand how Christianity is seen by many people while not understanding Jesus at all. They are not the same, are they?
I read where the next generation are turning away from Christianity and not returning.....probably part of the great apostasy.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Peter and Paul both said, "Judgment begins at the House of God".

PETER
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? (1 Peter 4:17,18)

PAUL: 1 CORINTHIANS 6

1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

These words apply in the context of the local church, where Christians personally know each other. The world has always despised Christians, and will continue to do so.
Thank you, so is it the responsibility of the younger generation who needs to " repent and get saved" and adhere to the Christian faith or is it the Church the needs to clean up their act and start letting the world see what Jesus is really all about?

Reactions: amadeus