What millenials think of Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is that only genuine Christians understand that spiritual warfare is being waged on every front, including the Interet. And the attacks are going to be there regardless. From the outside, it looks like Christians are simply squabbling and attacking each other, but from the inside it is the wheat against the tares, the sheep against the goats, the wolves against the sheep, Satan against Christ.

Yes and no. There most certainly IS a war going on, but I think part of the problem is that even the sheep, who are right in what they are teaching, are acting like goats in their behavior. We have forgotten what James said when he asked, "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth." (James 3:13-14)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the kind of thing that I was wondering about. That must happen at some point. (I even see it with some of my kids.) What do we pray for when that takes place?
It's already in place...the millenials are now adults having kids who are not taught anything about God.
We pray for revival....the outpouring of the Holy Spirit

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and no. There most certainly IS a war going on, but I think part of the problem is that even the sheep, who are right in what they are teaching, are acting like goats in their behavior. We have forgotten what James said when he asked, "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth." (James 3:13-14)
Good post...the kind of mindset of many Christian's have is distorted... this is a kind of religious spirit....hence judgment beginning with us.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I think there are actually a lot of people who want nothing to do with Christianity after seeing the way many Christians act on Facebook and various Christian forums, don't you?

I think there is a stigma with non-Christians believing Christians should be Perfect, Submissive, Tolerant and even at times a doormat...and WHEN they discover They're Not...I think they are surprised.

Glory to God,
Taken

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We pray for revival....the outpouring of the Holy Spirit
...And cancel the "falling away," or just shorten it, somehow?

Even with covid-19, it seems to be a last-days type pestilence. Being from God (if true), how do we pray about an act that has a deliberate spiritual objective?

Praying about the whims of weather (hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.) seems to be less complicated. They are more of a display of God's Power. Covid-19 looks more like a Judgment.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true....they are known as the generation who expects it to be handed to them and that they are entitled...they don't learn to be productive and grateful.
I remember when I first started to work for Social Security in 1974 there were a couple of programs for the very old that were not included in the original Social Security Act signed in 1935. One such program to pay a monthly check was called "Special Age 72 Benefits". It was for people who had worked hard and long, but most of their work was done before the Social Security Act of 1935 and its resulting benefits were in place. This program was for them even though they did not pay taxes to qualify because of when they were born. So Congress took care of them so as not to leave them with nothing coming in...A good purpose, right?

Often there has been a good purpose like that involved when new laws have been passed. It started long before then, but it has spiraled into a nightmare for the ones required to pay for the benefits which eventually were to be greater than the taxes could bring in... Everybody wants the money but nobody wants to foot the bill.

If only everyone worked that could or should work... but then they passed laws establishing Medicare and Disability Benefits, again with some good purposes, but the basically lazy man [who is not included in some measure in this group?] was right there wanting to getting a check as early as possible for as long as possible for as much as possible for as little effort or work as possible. It took a while, but more and more,
with the passage of more laws to spend more money than was being earned, he got his way and today..? Well let's just help out everyone who is in financial trouble... even if it is their own fault... Remember the massive bailouts of domestic automobile manufacturers? Their needs were caused by their own failure to develop and sell a better quality low priced vehicle, which they could have done, when they made and by far sold the lion's share of vehicles on the road in the USA. But... that is another story that continues to the point where foreign cars of comparative rarity became the norm... GM, Ford and Chrysler's fault and the government was there for them... why? In spite of bail-outs, they still lost out to better cars from abroad... We used to always drive a Chevy early in our marriage. A very long time ago we went to a Honda... because it lasted longer and was cheaper to operate. Perhaps the domestics are better now. I don't know but it is too late. We won't change back. Too little too late... Only one family? No, look at the number of Hondas on the road today as compared to the number of Chevys or Ford?

Now they, Congress and Presidents, don't even try to figure where the money is coming from as they simply pay every one a little extra. When I was a child, I never received an allowance, but I was always expected to do my chores. Now we get allowances even when we have not done a thing... and even refuse to do a thing... or cheat so as not to have to do a thing. I used to investigate the cheaters on SSA disability, but there were not enough investitators to scratch the surface and Congress and the President were no help without regard to party.

Complaining for me? Oh no, we accepted our allotment of $2400.00 from Uncle Sam, but being retired and comfortable we did not need it like many certainly did. For us it was a windfall, not really needed. For others it may mean survival, but what about our way of life? I don't mean mine and my wife's. We are too old to matter much longer anyway... Well now I have ranted on that...

And the one Hope that people could and should have is painted to be an evil thing. Not the fault of those who see it as evil, but the fault of those who are painting such a false picture of what Jesus is!

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there is a stigma with non-Christians believing Christians should be Perfect, Submissive, Tolerant and even at times a doormat...and WHEN they discover They're Not...I think they are surprised.

Glory to God,
Taken

Yes, I suppose there is that, too. Unbelievers are quick to judge based on their own morality, which isn't always Biblically-based. But some of their morals and convictions are in agreement with scripture, and when we are tearing people's heads off during debates, i.e. instead of "instructing those who oppose us in a spirit of meekness," well... let's just say we can't fall back on, "They just don't understand us."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...And cancel the "falling away," or just shorten it, somehow?

Even with covid-19, it seems to be a last-days type pestilence. Being from God (if true), how do we pray about an act that has a deliberate spiritual objective?

Praying about the whims of weather (hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.) seems to be less complicated. They are more of a display of God's Power. Covid-19 looks more like a Judgment.
Like I said it's already happening...but don't despair because when He pours out His Spirit (Awakening those who have fallen asleep) there will be a revival like they had on Azusa street.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken
But those who don't go to church only hear what they have been told about Christians....and mostly is that they are hypocrites.
I have witnessed to friends and when an issue arose between us the first thing they would say..."I thought you were suppose to be a Christian"....so we are held to a higher standard than non-Christians

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But those who don't go to church only hear what they have been told about Christians....and mostly is that they are hypocrites.
I have witnessed to friends and when an issue arose between us the first thing they would say..."I thought you were suppose to be a Christian"....so we are held to a higher standard than non-Christians

Sure. And a point...what exactly do they "think" being a Christain means...

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. And a point...what exactly do they "think" being a Christain means...

Glory to God,
Taken
They think Christians are people who never ever not in a million sin....because they were told Christians are hypocrites because they don't practice what they preach....so this gets validated in their minds when they witness a person who they know claims to be a Christian do something in their mind as wrong....example...seeing them drink a beer....that was enough to convince them that sure enough they don't practice what they preach.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I suppose there is that, too. Unbelievers are quick to judge based on their own morality, which isn't always Biblically-based. But some of their morals and convictions are in agreement with scripture, and when we are tearing people's heads off during debates, i.e. instead of "instructing those who oppose us in a spirit of meekness," well... let's just say we can't fall back on, "They just don't understand us."

I think there are a lot of Christians without Understanding and would dare to say non-believers certainly do not understand.
The last 100 years people appear more and more impatient...Readers Digest Version and Wanting understanding before they even know the basics.

Glory to God,
Taken

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good article, but I like this one myself...

59 Percent of Millennials Raised in a Church Have Dropped Out—And They're Trying to Tell Us Why

Once you end teenhood and become an "adult" the ministries end. At the time where teens are finally stepping into the place of leadership as an adult, the focus is gone. All of a sudden millenials are "adulting" expected to be the new generation of leaders in the church, etc. And well many go off to college and things. I am one of the few millenials at my church. Luckily, I fit in well with Generation X, but sometimes I feel like a ministry for just millenials just getting married/parenting for the first time/eager to really minister in church, but really wasn't part of a youth group much in teen years...is overlooked. Suddenly leadership is given to the older or the younger. And the ministry millenials do get involved in...it be nice to have a "wing man" on. Not just set loose. Easy to get burned out.Then there are millenials who just come to seek God, and find they have no one to relate too. Why? Most at this age go to college and never come back.
I just read that link...it's really good....by the same guy as the one I posted..

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...What sort of tyranosaurus rexes (or how ever you spell it) must some of us seem, then... :)

My hubby and I poke fun at age all the time, because he is generation x, three years younger then me. He sent dirt to his mom one mother's day (they all jokers and find this stuff funny) and said she was older then dirt. I told him that must make him the dirt. Bahaha.

But nahhh. If I ever really offend someone, I am sorry. You really.are only as old as you feel. And 33 is getting up there. I'm not a spring chicken anymore myself. :D

And actually I guess my hubby is millenial according to this chart. They slightly differ. Some even ads "Xenial" for older millinial like Bibby and me. 1976 to 1997 is a pretty wide age difference...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reactions: Heart2Soul