What Mormons Believe--according to a Former BYU Professor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not enough information. You failed to mention what you believe about the Deity of Christ; and, also, if you believe Him to be God, what you think it means that He is God.
He is 100% divine. THe if God, the Only Begotten. Alpha and Omega. Before this world was during. This world, during his mortal ministry, today, and after His Second Coming.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See 1 Corinthians 1:18.
So that is your test, so blind. That is not a test, twisting scripture to suit your blindness, the pot calling the kettle black, All you know is the bible of that you have coninually reminded us,. So you know nothing.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you can easily ace the test if you know the Person of whom the test is about...I would say that the test is concerning as to whether you know God personally and not about head knowledge per se.
Salvation is not about academic knowledge or tests. Those things are important, but not what saves.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is 100% divine. THe if God, the Only Begotten. Alpha and Omega. Before this world was during. This world, during his mortal ministry, today, and after His Second Coming.
You get a fail if I am the teacher; because you are not putting it into your own words.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I simply pointed out that if you fail the theology test, it would indicate that you don't know the God of whom the test is the subject.
There are many who could ace a theology test and never know God or even know who He is, as you have clearly shown.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is not about academic knowledge or tests. Those things are important, but not what saves.
Salvation results in knowing God (see 1 John 2:20). Therefore, whether a person knows God is a good test of whether they are saved or not.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You get a fail if I am the teacher; because you are not putting it into your own words.
...?
I’m not reciting anything here. This is me typing on my stupidly small phone screen way too late at night.
So, God is not an exalted Man in your theology?
I 100% believe that God (the Son) lived a mortal lif. which in no way demishes His magesity. In fact I. celebrate that.

Anything beyond the Son’s mortal life is speculation

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you really knew God you would know God threatens no one. What do you think love is... Hate...

That is your concept of God that you determine from your own mind and thinking.

Of course God made a threat in Revelation 22:18-19. Also, do you not believe in hell and then the lake of fire for those who are wicked? Is it not a threat that God has placed these things at the end of time?

There are many who could ace a theology test and never know God or even know who He is, as you have clearly shown.

See Luke 6:37.

Also, I'm not certain that I would ace a theology test unless I got the answers from Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I 100% believe that God (the Son lives a mortal life), which in no way demishes His magesity In fact I. celebrate that.

Anything beyond the Son’s mortal life is speculation.
You are being vague.

Maybe you should wait until you can use your laptop or PC before responding.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are being vague.

Maybe you should wait until you can use your laptop or PC before responding.
God, the Son, lived a mortal life. As a man. He even suffered, and died. That does not make Him and less. In fact I celebrate that. That’s not vague.

Anything beyond that (Christ’s mortal life) in regards to your question is speculation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...?
I’m not reciting anything here.
If I am administrating an essay test, I expect the student to put their answers into their own words and not use words that have one meaning for them and another meaning for the teacher. You need to break the language barrier by using words that translate well so that I understand what you are saying in the language that I am speaking in...not mormonese.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, give me the scoop about what mormons believe about what they say when they say such things as, "Jesus is the Son of God."

Because I happen to know that those words have a different meaning for you than they do for me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that God the Father is an exalted Man? Did he have sex with Mary in order to produce Jesus? etc.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) Do you believe that God the Father is an exalted Man? 2) Did he have sex with Mary in order to produce Jesus? etc.
1) There is no definitive statement in regards to the Father having lived a mortal life. There’s some speculation, but nothing scriptural or otherwise definitive. You’ll find LDS Christians with a wide range of views in the subject. Personally it doesn’t really matter to me. He Is perfect, wonderful, almighty. I know from Christ’s example a person could have lived a mortal life and be divine.

2) Mary was a virgin at the time of Christ’s birth. LDS Christians doesn’t believe in her perpetual virginity though (she did marry Joseph and gave more children).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no definitive statement in regards to the Father having lived a mortal life.
Actually, there is (while I do not remember the exact quote). But I'm certain you know what I'm talking about as it is a famous quote about how what God is now, we can become, and what we are now, God once was.