What Need I of Grace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From this scripture Paul begins down a line of reasoning that leads him to the opposite conclusion in Romans 3:28.

I've studied this letter at length. I'm convinced that Paul is not double minded. I'll present my work in this forum; but not right now. I have too many hot threads going at once.

Reactions: Candidus

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He fulfilled the Law. We stand justified by Faith in Him. It no longer applies to us. How are you not getting the simplicity of the Gospel message?

What does Romans 3:31 mean to you?
And Romans 6:1-2
And Romans 6:15
And 1 John 3 (the whole chapter!)

Why was it possible for God to take away the Law? The Law showed us our sin. Guess what? The gospel is that Jesus was manifest to take away our SIN, and in Him there is no sin. Instead of having to keep the Law with a sin nature, Jesus gave us His Spirit so that we are now born again of the Spirit. So as 1 John 3:9 says, Christians don't sin, (so no need for the Law!)

All you ever heard was Jesus took away the Law, and NOTHING WHATSOEVER that Jesus took away our SIN!!!

Your teachers are morons! Honey, RUN!!! What they are teaching you is greasy grace. Jude 1:4 spoke against turning the grace of God into licentiousness! Just believe in Jesus and you can do whatever you want. Licentiousness is a license to sin. That is not the grace of the apostles. Grace is the power of God given to us through His Spirit. Grace/Power is the reason we are dead to sin. Romans 6:2.

2 Peter 1:2-4
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Last edited:

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Romans 3:31 mean to you?
And Romans 6:1-2
And Romans 6:15

I like these too:

(CLV) Ro 7:12
So that the law, indeed, is holy, and the precept holy and just and good.

(CLV) Ro 7:22
For I am gratified with the law of God as to the man within,

(CLV) Ro 7:25
I thank God, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Consequently, then, I myself, with the mind, indeed, am slaving for God's law, yet with the flesh for Sin's law.

Slaving to YHWH's Torah..... I 'd just like to let that one sink in for a moment.

Even James got the wrong idea about Paul sometimes. He made him shave his head and pay for the expenses of four others taking the Nazarite vow. This was very expensive, even for one. Paul paid for their sacrifices to prove his love for the Torah.

(CLV) Ac 21:24
Taking these along, be purified together with them, and bear their expenses, that they should be shaving their heads, and all will know that what they have been instructed concerning you is nothing, but you also are observing the elements and you yourself are maintaining the law.

(CLV) Ac 24:14
"Yet I am avowing this to you, that, according to the way which they are terming a sect, thus am I offering divine service to the hereditary God, believing all that is written, according to the law and in the prophets,

(CLV) Ac 25:8
Paul defending that "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the sanctuary, nor against Caesar did I any sin."

Such dedication!

(CLV) 1Co 11:1
Become imitators of me, according as I also am of Christ.

So was Paul a hypocrite; was he obedient to the law; was messiah a scofflaw; or is this verse a forgery?

Is there any other possibility?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like these too:

(CLV) Ro 7:12
So that the law, indeed, is holy, and the precept holy and just and good.

(CLV) Ro 7:22
For I am gratified with the law of God as to the man within,

(CLV) Ro 7:25
I thank God, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Consequently, then, I myself, with the mind, indeed, am slaving for God's law, yet with the flesh for Sin's law.

Slaving to YHWH's Torah..... I 'd just like to let that one sink in for a moment.

Even James got the wrong idea about Paul sometimes. He made him shave his head and pay for the expenses of four others taking the Nazarite vow. This was very expensive, even for one. Paul paid for their sacrifices to prove his love for the Torah.

(CLV) Ac 21:24
Taking these along, be purified together with them, and bear their expenses, that they should be shaving their heads, and all will know that what they have been instructed concerning you is nothing, but you also are observing the elements and you yourself are maintaining the law.

(CLV) Ac 24:14
"Yet I am avowing this to you, that, according to the way which they are terming a sect, thus am I offering divine service to the hereditary God, believing all that is written, according to the law and in the prophets,

(CLV) Ac 25:8
Paul defending that "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the sanctuary, nor against Caesar did I any sin."

Such dedication!

(CLV) 1Co 11:1
Become imitators of me, according as I also am of Christ.

So was Paul a hypocrite; was he obedient to the law; was messiah a scofflaw; or is this verse a forgery?

Is there any other possibility?

Hark, what do you know about the Spirit? Why were we given the Spirit of Christ to dwell inside us? Study Romans 8:1-9 and tell me what you see.

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Going to bed. I'll talk to you later?
P. S. It explains the lion turning into the lamb very well.

Last edited:

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why was it possible for God to take away to Law? The Law showed us our sin. Guess what? The gospel is that Jesus was manifest to take away our SIN, and in Him there is no sin. Instead of having to keep the Law with a sin nature, Jesus gave us His Spirit so that we are now born again of the Spirit. So as 1 John 3:9 says, Christians don't sin, (so no need for the Law!)

So are you telling me the only way to be saved is to stop sinning and THEN come to Christ?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 4:15
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Some say that, as believers in Yahshua, we have no more commitment to the law.
Now if there is no law, there is no transgression. If there is no transgression; there is no sin.
If there is no sin; then I would ask, "what need I of grace?
Hello @Hark,

'Beloved, now are we the sons of God,
.. and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:
.... but we know that,
...... when He shall appear,
........ we shall be like Him;
.......... for we shall see Him as He is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself,
.. even as He is pure.
.... Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:
...... for sin is the transgression of the law.
And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins;
.. and in Him is no sin.
.... Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not:
...... whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him,
........ neither known Him.'

(1 John 3:2-6)

-----------------------------

'For the promise,
.. that He should be the heir of the world,
.... was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law,
...... but through the righteousness of faith.

For if they which are of the law be heirs,
.. faith is made void,
.... and the promise made of none effect:
...... Because the law worketh wrath:
........ for where no law is,
.......... there is no transgression.
Therefore it is of faith,
.. that it might be by grace;
.... to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed;
...... not to that only which is of the law,
........ but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham;
.......... who is the father of us all,'

(Rom 4:13-16)

* Context reveals all.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to Yahshua.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.
If we are still under the law then are under the curse of the law

And if this is true, Non of us have any hope

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to Yahshua.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.
The law will never fail. The law condemns anyone who does not obey every word (every jott and tittle) Which means, You, Myself. and everyone else here is under the curse of the law.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Hark,

'Beloved, now are we the sons of God,
.. and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:
.... but we know that,
...... when He shall appear,
........ we shall be like Him;
.......... for we shall see Him as He is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself,
.. even as He is pure.
.... Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:
...... for sin is the transgression of the law.
And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins;
.. and in Him is no sin.
.... Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not:
...... whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him,
........ neither known Him.'

(1 John 3:2-6)

-----------------------------

'For the promise,
.. that He should be the heir of the world,
.... was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law,
...... but through the righteousness of faith.

For if they which are of the law be heirs,
.. faith is made void,
.... and the promise made of none effect:
...... Because the law worketh wrath:
........ for where no law is,
.......... there is no transgression.
Therefore it is of faith,
.. that it might be by grace;
.... to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed;
...... not to that only which is of the law,
........ but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham;
.......... who is the father of us all,'

(Rom 4:13-16)

* Context reveals all.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Chris.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law will never fail. The law condemns anyone who does not obey every word (every jott and tittle) Which means, You, Myself. and everyone else here is under the curse of the law.

Do you believe that Yahshua actually meant this?

(CLV) Mt 5:20
For I am saying to you that, if ever your righteousness should not be superabounding more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, by no means may you be entering into the kingdom of the heavens.

If so, what do you believe it means?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an unusual expression. Do you suppose that there might be a difference between being under the law, and being obedient to the law?

UNDER THE LAW!
That is not the issue

The issue is, According to Gods standard. Imposed when he gave the law.

What does obedience to the law constitute. ie, is it possible?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Yahshua actually meant this?

(CLV) Mt 5:20
For I am saying to you that, if ever your righteousness should not be superabounding more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, by no means may you be entering into the kingdom of the heavens.

If so, what do you believe it means?
It meant that in Jesus day Everyone looked to the pharisee much like they do religious leaders today As the most morally upright people on earth.
Jesus is saying, what they reach is fine, But not even they are worthy.. Your righteousness must excede theirs because that is what Gods standard was. Not the pharisee standard.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the issue

The issue is, According to Gods standard. Imposed when he gave the law.

What does obedience to the law constitute. ie, is it possible?

Of course it's possible. Yahshua showed us that it is possible. He called us to follow his example.

What does it constitute?:

We can start here, step by step:

(CLV) DT 6:4
4 Hear, Israel! Yahweh is our Elohim; Yahweh the only One. 5 So you will love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your intensity. 6 These words which I am instructing you today will come to be in your heart.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It meant that in Jesus day Everyone looked to the pharisee much like they do religious leaders today As the most morally upright people on earth.
Jesus is saying, what they reach is fine, But not even they are worthy.. Your righteousness must excede theirs because that is what Gods standard was. Not the pharisee standard.

How do we know what YHWH's standard is?

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its By Grace THROUGH faith..

if we get this wrong. we risk getting it all wrong

Believing isn't some ethereal Greek philosophy. If we believe; there is action behind it.

(CLV) Ro 2:13
For not the listeners to law are just with God, but the doers of law shall be justified.