What Should A Person Do If They Miss The Rapture ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
who said i believe everything that comes out of the pre trib camp? where did i say that i'm even 100% pre trib myself. i've supported the idea and am open to it.
the foolish mind comment is also illogical if i'm wrong about a pre trib rapture to begin with.
i love you veteran, but the truth is i believe the rapture to be imminent, which means it could happen before, after, or in the middle of the tribulation.

Oh, so you mean taking parts of their doctrine and making up a brand new one then?? That's nice now isn't it?

That "imminent" idea is one of their old doctrines too.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Oh, so you mean taking parts of their doctrine and making up a brand new one then?? That's nice now isn't it?

why so hostile? i'm not making up a new doctrine. the bible is the final answer. i get my answers from there.
for example, when i said i enterpreted those verses in luke as someone being taken away for judgement, i came to
that conclusion by going back and reading the verses before them and everything in context, instead of just
listening to someone on tv, or a book.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
why so hostile? i'm not making up a new doctrine. the bible is the final answer. i get my answers from there.
for example, when i said i enterpreted those verses in luke as someone being taken away for judgement, i came to
that conclusion by going back and reading the verses before them and everything in context, instead of just
listening to someone on tv, or a book.

Asking you to explain the Luke 17 Scripture and also why the pre-trib rapture school uses it to back up their rapture prior to the tribulation theory is a show of hostility?

Those like Tim LaHaye have got the TV and book racketeering with the pre-trib rapture theory, not me. They've sucked a lot of money off of people who believe that false doctrine too, and still are, simply because their audience won't discipline theirselves in God's Word for themselves.

Shalom, veteran.

Allow me. (Of course, you're not going to like my answer, but, oh well.)

Luke 17:34-37
34 "Legoo humin, tautee tee nukti esontai duo epi klinees mias, ho heis paralee(m)ftheesetai kai ho heteros afetheesetai;
35 esontai duo aleethousai epi to auto, hee mia paralee(m)ftheesetai, he de hetera afetheesetai.
36 Duo esontai en too agroo, ho heis paralee(m)ftheesetai, kai ho heteros afetheesetai."
37 Kai apokrithentes legousin autoo, "Pou, Kurie?" Ho de eipen autois, "Hopou to sooma ekei kai hoi aetoi episunachtheesontai."

Luke 17:34-37
34 "Legoo = 34 “I-say
humin, = to-you,
tautee = in-that
tee = (the)
nukti = night
esontai = there-shall-be
duo = two
epi = upon
klinees = bed
mias, = one,
ho = the
heis = one (masculine)
paralee(m)ftheesetai = shall-be-received-along-side
kai = and
ho = the
heteros = other-one (masculine)
afetheesetai; = shall-be-sent-forth;
35 esontai = 35 there-shall-be
duo = two
aleethousai = mill-grinding
epi = upon
to = the
auto, = herself,
hee = the
mia = one (feminine)
paraleemftheesetai, = shall-be-received-along-side,
he = the
de = but
hetera = other-one (feminine)
afetheesetai. = shall-be-sent-forth.
36 Duo = 36 Two
esontai = shall-be
en = in
too = the
agroo, = field,
ho = the
heis = one (masculine)
paraleemftheesetai, = shall-be-received-along-side
kai = and
ho = the
heteros = other-one (masculine)
afetheesetai." = shall-be-sent-forth.”
37 Kai = 37 And
apokrithentes = they-asked
legousin = saying
autoo, = to-Him,
"Pou, = “Where,
Kurie?" = Lord/Sir?”
Ho = The-(one)/He
de = but
eipen = said
autois, = to-them,
"Hopou = “Wherever-(is)
to = the
sooma = body/meat
ekei = there
kai = and/also
hoi = the
aetoi = eagles/vultures
episunachtheesontai." = shall-flock-upon.”
All Yeshua` was saying was that there was coming a time soon when people were going to be trying to trick them into thinking the Messiah had come to draw them out so they could capture them, and about 50% of them would be captured. His students asked Him where it would happen, and He answered "wherever the corpse is, that's where the vultures will flock." In other words, wherever THEY, His disciples, would be, that's where these deceivers would show up.

This happened in the first century between 66 and 68 A.D. prior to the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. I know some will object to this statement, but one should remember that a "revealing" (apokalupsis, as in Luke 17:22, 24, 26, 30) of the Son of man is technically different than the "coming" (erchomenon, as in Matthew 24:30) of the Son of man.

I understand your propensity to interpret end time prophecy strongly in a Historicist sense, like a lot of Bible prophecy that's still future already happened back sometime in past history.

Starting at Luke 20, Christ was giving events of the very end... of this present world, events that are yet to occur. He associated the days of Noah with it, and even His coming with lightning shining from one part of heaven to the other, which is the same timing reference He gave in His Olivet Discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13. His answer was with the Pharisees demanding 'when' the kingdom of God should come, so the subject context about events still future to us is unmistakeable...

Luke 17:20-26
20 And when He was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, 'Lo here! or, lo there!' for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
22 And He said unto the disciples, "The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
23 And they shall say to you, 'See here; or, see there': go not after them, nor follow them.

When others say that, "See here, or, see there:", it's about the events Jesus warned of in Matt.23-26 of a pseudo Christ some will say is our Lord Jesus. In this version, Christ is showing how they will be proclaiming God's Kingdom having come also, with "See here...". In Matt.24, He gave that in relation to the time of "great tribulation" when the "abomination of desolation" is setup.

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in His day.
25 But first must He suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

Then He continues the subject of events and signs when HIS DAY comes...

Luke 17:26-27
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
(KJV)

Luke 17:28-30
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
(KJV)

Christ Jesus being 'revealed' returning from Heaven is about His literal return back to this earth, in like manner how He ascended to Heaven from the Mount of Olives, per Acts 1. No mistaking what time period these Scriptures are about, a still future to us time, the second coming of Jesus Christ.

That same subject context continues like that all the way to the end of the Luke 17 chapter.

Luke 17:31-34
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
32 Remember Lot's wife.
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
(KJV)

From Luke 17:20 all the way to the end of that chapter, Christ did not change the subject of the time of His second coming, which is what makes it specifically about events for the very end of this present world, not events back in history.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011

this^ was the post that came across as hostile but that's ok, i forgive you. ;)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
this^ was the post that came across as hostile but that's ok, i forgive you. ;)

Yet that's exactly what you were doing, because the Imminent doctrine (or "any moment" doctrine as some call it) from the pre-trib rapture school is only about their belief in Christ rapturing them out PRIOR to the tribulation, saying it could happen at any moment, but definitely not... during, nor after, the tribulation.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
What to do if one is not taken in the rapture? Firstly, consider who the rapture is for... those not able to deny the mark of the beast. Elderly, people incarsurated, those with severe health issues and more. Consider those christains being beheaded becaue they will not accept the mark, and those persecuted yet not beheaded. Consider those that are not taken who curse God beacuse they thought (were taught) that all christains go in the rapture. How many may curse God when they realize tribulation started but they wwere not taken in a pre-trib rapture? An old saying.. prepare for the worst.. hope for the best. Sound wisdom in an instance like this topic. Many people will be lost because they expected... yes demanded a pre-trib rapture and demanded they should go because they are christain... but the strong and/or those needing further testing stay behind. Consider the 144,000, what is their job except to help convert non-christainsn (including jews) and to help strenghten christains weak in spirit? Next, consider that those of strenght, youth and "freedom" weathering the turmoils of Tribulation... those preparing to weather tribulation. If your mind and body is secure and able to survive tribulations your next concerns are to help others. Think of the "fence walkers" those who are christains but are weak in spirit and looking at the mark for self preservation. Hunger can do amazing things to the thoughts of people and satan is counting on that. When you know how to protect you and yours... learn how to protect others. Certainly people will ARM themelves for protection but a fishing pole is a better food provider. Camping is an american pastime (and other countries too) but how many know how to, well enough to survive an entire month let alone 7 years? Camping without the ability to run to the store for more supplies? How about learning to hide in plain sight - for those unable to find refuge in the wilderness. If you can help yourself.. can you help others? Do you know how to "screen" others to ensure the security of the peoples you assist? I have these skills and I am willing to use them, but, alas my "calling" is much different than surviving tribulation.

Often I have seen others claim this or that concerning Tribulations, Rapture, even Satan being chained in hell, as already taken place. Johavah Witnesses claim moat of this happened long ago. I can assure you they have not. Yet there are other instances that have transpired that appear as the same as some of these occurances. How many meanings has the word shalom? (spelling may be bad) - the point being the duality of the Hebrew language I tend to think also emulates duality in instances of history and so seems to be able to mask understandings. This is just something to consider.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
What to do if one is not taken in the rapture? Firstly, consider who the rapture is for... those not able to deny the mark of the beast. Elderly, people incarsurated, those with severe health issues and more. Consider those christains being beheaded becaue they will not accept the mark, and those persecuted yet not beheaded. Consider those that are not taken who curse God beacuse they thought (were taught) that all christains go in the rapture. How many may curse God when they realize tribulation started but they wwere not taken in a pre-trib rapture? An old saying.. prepare for the worst.. hope for the best. Sound wisdom in an instance like this topic. Many people will be lost because they expected... yes demanded a pre-trib rapture and demanded they should go because they are christain... but the strong and/or those needing further testing stay behind. Consider the 144,000, what is their job except to help convert non-christainsn (including jews) and to help strenghten christains weak in spirit? Next, consider that those of strenght, youth and "freedom" weathering the turmoils of Tribulation... those preparing to weather tribulation. If your mind and body is secure and able to survive tribulations your next concerns are to help others. Think of the "fence walkers" those who are christains but are weak in spirit and looking at the mark for self preservation. Hunger can do amazing things to the thoughts of people and satan is counting on that. When you know how to protect you and yours... learn how to protect others. Certainly people will ARM themelves for protection but a fishing pole is a better food provider. Camping is an american pastime (and other countries too) but how many know how to, well enough to survive an entire month let alone 7 years? Camping without the ability to run to the store for more supplies? How about learning to hide in plain sight - for those unable to find refuge in the wilderness. If you can help yourself.. can you help others? Do you know how to "screen" others to ensure the security of the peoples you assist? I have these skills and I am willing to use them, but, alas my "calling" is much different than surviving tribulation.

Often I have seen others claim this or that concerning Tribulations, Rapture, even Satan being chained in hell, as already taken place. Johavah Witnesses claim moat of this happened long ago. I can assure you they have not. Yet there are other instances that have transpired that appear as the same as some of these occurances. How many meanings has the word shalom? (spelling may be bad) - the point being the duality of the Hebrew language I tend to think also emulates duality in instances of history and so seems to be able to mask understandings. This is just something to consider.

There is no 'rapture' written in God's Word, but their is written the event of the saints that are still alive on earth at the time of Christ's coming after the tribulation, being changed at the twinkling of an eye, and gathered with the 'asleep' saints that Jesus brings with Him.

The pre-trib rapture doctrine, which used to be taught as a 'secret' rapture originally per John Darby in the 1830's, and later, is a doctrine of men. Those who believe in that are not going to be raptured anywhere. They will go through the "great tribulation" Christ mentioned just like everyone else here on earth. And they will be 'gathered', but among the wrong ones, which is what our Lord's 'taken' idea was really about per the end of Luke 17. Those who don't yet know that show they haven't really studied the Scripture about it as written, but are simply heeding the doctrines of men instead.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, veteran.

I understand your propensity to interpret end time prophecy strongly in a Historicist sense, like a lot of Bible prophecy that's still future already happened back sometime in past history.

Starting at Luke 20, Christ was giving events of the very end... of this present world, events that are yet to occur. He associated the days of Noah with it, and even His coming with lightning shining from one part of heaven to the other, which is the same timing reference He gave in His Olivet Discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13. His answer was with the Pharisees demanding 'when' the kingdom of God should come, so the subject context about events still future to us is unmistakeable...

Baloney.

First, did you mean to say "Starting at Luke 17:20?" If not, it doesn't make sense why you would then backtrack from chapter 20 to chapter 17.

Second, you DO know that Luke 17 is NOT the same event as the Olivet Discourse, right? Simply look at the context surrounding the chapter to see when this event

And, why I say "Baloney" is because it matters to whom Yeshua` was speaking! Yeshua` was NOT going to "cast His pearls before the swine!" There would be no sense to reveal ANYTHING to the P'rushiym (Pharisees) because (1) they wouldn't believe Him anyway, (2) they would try to use His words against Him, and (3) they would only mock the truth! Yeshua` had already said that He would only speak to them in parables so that "seeing they would not see and hearing they would not hear." So, let me get this straight: You're saying that Yeshua` was telling the P'rushiym that THEY had "the kingdom of God within them?!" Look at what you quoted again; look to whom Yeshua` was talking at that moment:

Luke 17:20-26
20 And when He was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, 'Lo here! or, lo there!' for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
22 And He said unto the disciples, "The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
23 And they shall say to you, 'See here; or, see there': go not after them, nor follow them.

When others say that, "See here, or, see there:", it's about the events Jesus warned of in Matt.23-26 of a pseudo Christ some will say is our Lord Jesus. In this version, Christ is showing how they will be proclaiming God's Kingdom having come also, with "See here...". In Matt.24, He gave that in relation to the time of "great tribulation" when the "abomination of desolation" is setup.

No. He was telling them that there would be those who would try to trick THEM ... IN ... THEIR ... LIFETIME! Not in some time off 2000 years or so in the future! PAY ATTENTION TO THE PRONOUNS! The English words in the translation are YE and YOU, second person plural, same as the second-person plural endings on the Greek verbs and the pronoun "HUMIN!" He wasn't talking about those in the future; He was talking to THEM, His disciples who were standing right there beside Him!

Furthermore, Yeshua` was NOT talking about A "pseudo-Christ" in ANY of the four chapters of Mattityahu's Gospel you mentioned, although He did talk about MANY who would present themselves as the Messiah SIMPLY TO DECEIVE those who would believe them about the Messiah having arrived! Thus, He was specifically talking about the Jews! Many of those who call themselves Christians today don't even know what "Christ" means, let alone understand what the concept of "the Messiah" meant to the Jews! They still think "Christ" was Jesus' LAST NAME! So, what would THEY care about a Messiah showing up here or there? If you bring it up to them, they will even tell you that to your face! They're just looking forward to going to "Heaven" when they die!

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in His day.
25 But first must He suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

Then He continues the subject of events and signs when HIS DAY comes...

NO! This is where you make your mistake in the interpretation of this passage! He does NOT "continue the subject of events and signs when HIS DAY comes!" He goes BACK to His present and the near future in verse 25! "But FIRST; PROOTON de!" The events which follow 25 are once again talking about those events which will DIRECTLY affect His students IN THEIR LIFETIME! The "days of the Son of man" are DURING THE LIFETIME OF THE "SON OF MAN!" He was simply saying that LIFE WILL GO ON AS USUAL and that HIS REJECTION, THEIR DESOLATION, and the RESULTING ABOMINATION will take them by surprise! Once the die was cast, there was no going back! Look at it again as though these verses were talking about the LIFETIME of Yeshua` BEFORE His death! He's talking about HIS REJECTION!

Luke 17:26-27
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
(KJV)

Luke 17:28-30
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
(KJV)

Christ Jesus being 'revealed' returning from Heaven is about His literal return back to this earth, in like manner how He ascended to Heaven from the Mount of Olives, per Acts 1. No mistaking what time period these Scriptures are about, a still future to us time, the second coming of Jesus Christ.

This passage doesn't say "revealed returning from Heaven!" It just said "in the day when the Son of man is revealed or literally 'uncovered!'" You don't think they remembered His pronouncement of desolation on their household when Rome invaded?! Suddenly, they KNEW! He WAS the Messiah of God! And, He was already GONE! They finally understood just how WRONG they were ... TOO LATE!

That same subject context continues like that all the way to the end of the Luke 17 chapter.

Luke 17:31-34
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
32 Remember Lot's wife.
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
(KJV)

From Luke 17:20 all the way to the end of that chapter, Christ did not change the subject of the time of His second coming, which is what makes it specifically about events for the very end of this present world, not events back in history.

Luke 17:20-37 are NOT talking about the distant future; Yeshua` was warning His students of the impending downward spiral that, once put in motion, would be the undoing of the Jewish household! One absolutely MUST learn from history! These events were FULFILLED during the lifetime of the Messiah and in the forty years following! YES, they are prophecy, but they are FULFILLED prophecy! They do NOT need to be fulfilled again!

Look, I understand quite well the problem of being able to see a passage of Scripture from a different point of view. We are constantly bombarded with sermons that interpret a passage in a particular way, and ever afterward we can't see it any other way. However, we need to keep our focus on a few points that will "strain out the particulates and leave the waters clear":

First, don't confuse the revealing of the Lord with the coming of the Lord. They are NOT the same thing!
Second, don't confuse the "day of the Lord," which is yet to come, with the "days of the Son of man," which were the days while the Son of man was still living during His first advent - His first coming!

The way one can tell if he or she is making a better interpretation of a passage is when it ceases to look like a jumble of thoughts and becomes a coherent flow of thought. Neither Yeshua` nor Lukas was disjoint in his thoughts! Yeshua`s and Lukas' minds did not wander! They weren't jumping from thought to thought! There was a CONTROLLING THEME to Yeshua`s words and a CONTROLLING THEME in Lukas' report of Yeshua`s words! Why did it flow to the parable of the unjust judge after this? How does that fit in? Yeshua` said why and Luke reported it, but many gloss over the reason! And, a key passage is in the assumed answer to Yeshua`s question in 18:8. Let me just say this, and I'll stop for now: The Greek of the question in Luke 18:8 assumes a NEGATIVE RESPONSE! As though the words following should include, "(I doubt it.)"

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Retrobyter

i could not of said it any better then you just did. i agree with what you say and i applaud your understanding of the word. congrats

veteran

being closed minded to other people's interpretation without listening to what is being said will lead you into deception yourself. look at the church leaders of Jesus' time who supposedly could quote the bible without having to read it and yet understood very little of what the bible was trying to say. but you tell people to interpret certain verses and then you will explain your scriptual stance and once several people do that you just ignore them and go after just one person who is new to understanding the bible and try and cut him down. If this is Christ like behavior then i want nothing more to do with your explanationss or words because instead of building people up you are knocking them down instead. the bible teaches to avoid fools and the way you are behaving is foolish according to how the word describes what a fool is. there are 3 types of people in proverbs which are wise, simple, and fools. wise is easy to understand who and what they are a simple person is like teamventure who do things out of ignorance or misunderstanding. then you have the fools who believe that everything they say and do is correct, they hold themselve high because of pride.

jam 4:6
Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. i implore you us all for our own sake to start asking God to show us where we need a heart change and to ask God for a cleasing and cleaning of those areas. a wise man listens to wisdom but a fool disregards it. please wise. xhoose life and not death.

yours in Christ

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
veteran

being closed minded to other people's interpretation without listening to what is being said will lead you into deception yourself. look at the church leaders of Jesus' time who supposedly could quote the bible without having to read it and yet understood very little of what the bible was trying to say. but you tell people to interpret certain verses and then you will explain your scriptual stance and once several people do that you just ignore them and go after just one person who is new to understanding the bible and try and cut him down. If this is Christ like behavior then i want nothing more to do with your explanationss or words because instead of building people up you are knocking them down instead. the bible teaches to avoid fools and the way you are behaving is foolish according to how the word describes what a fool is. there are 3 types of people in proverbs which are wise, simple, and fools. wise is easy to understand who and what they are a simple person is like teamventure who do things out of ignorance or misunderstanding. then you have the fools who believe that everything they say and do is correct, they hold themselve high because of pride.

You can bet I am not close-minded about the pre-trib secret rapture theory issue. I'm well familiar with it as a doctrine, and its history. I completely reject it simply because it's not a doctrine written in God's Word.

Many today on that doctrine aren't even aware how it originally was presented in 1830's Great Britain. Originally, it was taught that the saints would be raptured in secret prior to the tribulation (per John Darby who got the idea from others, like Edward Irving). In other words, those left behind would not see it happen.

But that's not how that pre-trib rapture theory is pushed today, is it? Nope. Quite a while back the pre-trib rapture school started trying to separate their theory from Darby's original 'secret' idea by saying he never used the word secret. Yet when one says no one would know about it or see it, that is pushing the idea of a secret coming of our Lord Jesus. For those who want to believe in it, you'd think they'd take the time to look how the leaders of it keeping changing things up from the original idea, and realize what doing that points to.

Rascus

Mar 16, 2012
South Carolina
veteran....
Amen to that....I do believe there will be a Rapture though it might be thought of as something different when it comes...as I believe it will be a combined event of the Lords 2nd Advent.....the Ressurection/Rapture together.....and it will be at the end of the tribulation....the 7th Trump.....this is what I get out my reading and studying the Scripture.....but I know for sure He tells us that no man ....no not anyone know when but the Father! So how can everyone seem to know when this will all take place even by reading the Scriptures? Im not even certain of my own conclusion as to this event.....except that I look always for His coming and the signs! God Bless.

Rascus

You're not going to miss any so-called 'Rapture', simply because there is NO pre-tribulational rapture of the saints written in God's Word.

Matt 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
(KJV)

Our gathering to Christ Jesus is for AFTER that tribulation He taught us about. The events some call 'The Rapture' are actually about the events of that Matthew 24:30-31 verses. Apostle Paul taught it in 1 Thessalonians 5, with Christ coming as a thief on the Day of The LORD. Peter also marked that time in 2 Peter 3:10. Paul again showed it in 2 Thessalonians 2 and 1 Corinthians 15, and 1 Thessalonians 4.

All... those Scripture examples agree with Christ gathering His Church AFTER... that tribulation, not before it. Those teaching the "Left Behind" ideas instead believe it's going to happen BEFORE that tribulation. It's not.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
veteran....
Amen to that....I do believe there will be a Rapture though it might be thought of as something different when it comes...as I believe it will be a combined event of the Lords 2nd Advent.....the Ressurection/Rapture together.....and it will be at the end of the tribulation....the 7th Trump.....this is what I get out my reading and studying the Scripture.....but I know for sure He tells us that no man ....no not anyone know when but the Father! So how can everyone seem to know when this will all take place even by reading the Scriptures? Im not even certain of my own conclusion as to this event.....except that I look always for His coming and the signs! God Bless.

Rascus

I believe that about Christ's coming and our gathering on 7th last trump to Him too, I just choose not to use the word 'rapture' because of how it's used and abused by the Pre-trib Rapture school. It's not a word in Scripture anyway. The Greek word 'harpazo' is the word, and it means to be siezed.

As for the 'day' of His coming and our gathering, we can... know the times and the season. That means recognizing the times leading up to His return, which is about the 'season'. Not the specific day or hour, but the season, like in the general ballpark.

He said this to the Church at Sardis, but it's for His Church all the way up to His return too...

Rev 3:3
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
(KJV)

Our Lord Jesus is suggesting that His servants should... recognize the 'hour' of His coming per that. Is that going against what He said in Matt.24:36?

No, and I'll show you why.

In Revelation 8 through 11, we are given events to occur within the last 3 trumpets, and each one of those 3 final trumpets has a specific Woe period tied to them. On the last 7th trumpet - 3rd Woe period, study those events, because Christ's coming and our gathering is 'quickly' right after that. Thusly, what major event happens to end the 6th trumpet - 2nd Woe period? The killing of God's two witnesses in Jerusalem, the nations throwing a big party, and then the two witnesses are resurrected right in front of their eyes. There's a period of 3.5 days between their deaths and their being raised. Thus we can know that within 3.5 days after they are killed in Jerusalem, Christ's return will quickly occur right after that, within that 'same hour' (Rev.11:13-14). That's how we can... know the 'hour' of His coming.

So what's the difference with the Matt.24:36 verse? Does anyone know right now just 'when' God's two witnesses will appear in Jerusalem? No, not yet.

Thus it would be impossible to start that 3.5 days countdown today. This is why our Lord Jesus gave us 3 Woe periods along with those last three trumpets, in order to mark the event order leading up to the hour of His return. It's so we could remain watching and be spiritually sober, even to that 'same hour' of Rev.11:13. No one yet knows what day that will be on either, nor the year, etc., thus making what He said in Matt.24:36 also true.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Amen to that....I do believe there will be a Rapture though it might be thought of as something different when it comes...as I believe it will be a combined event of the Lords 2nd Advent.....the Ressurection/Rapture together.....and it will be at the end of the tribulation....the 7th Trump.....this is what I get out my reading and studying the Scripture.....but I know for sure He tells us that no man ....no not anyone know when but the Father! So how can everyone seem to know when this will all take place even by reading the Scriptures? Im not even certain of my own conclusion as to this event.....except that I look always for His coming and the signs!

The spirit in me witnesses that the spirit is leading you. You are not as far from God as you are tempted to think. No man can know these things except the father leads him.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
7angels --- What I see from Veteran and others that are not in agreement with "my" understandings is simple... conviction to stand their ground, just as I try to remain strong in my convictions.

I see no error in that because, if we were to take that away we would unite in one belief, even if it is the wrong path.

The anti-christ will achieve this wrongful united understanding in so much as he will gather the armies of the world to come against Israel. Be extremely careful whenever considering calling a person a fool... God tells us of the dangers of doing that.

Veteran wrote:

" So what's the difference with the Matt.24:36 verse? Does anyone know right now just 'when' God's two witnesses will appear in Jerusalem? No, not yet. "

No Veteran, not even the two witnesses know that, yet... (not a guess)

But it is pretty safe to say they will appear in Jerusalem toward the end of their time. Most all think they will go to Israel and remain there for the duration, I do not. I expect they will travel to diverse lands and seek counsel with the leaders of many countries in order to provide them a chance to wake up. For it is the job of the 2 witnesses to shake up the world and there is no government that can keep them from entering that country.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
FYI -

The Feast of Trumpets happens on the "new moon", which is 29.5 days after the last one, meaning it might occur on the 29th or 30th day, nobody knows for sure. "Of that day or hour no man knows" is a hebrew expression referring to this feast, and thus, the resurection/rapture.

please note the ressurection happens when the lord returns and at the last trump the dead in christ will rise according to 1 corinthians 15:52 - "in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet".

at the last trumpet, the last trumpet.

simple basic common sense should tell you that the trumpet that announces the lords return in matthew 24:31 is the last trumpet, any trumpet before that would not be considered the last trumpet!

Thanks, JLB

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
You're not going to miss any so-called 'Rapture', simply because there is NO pre-tribulational rapture of the saints written in God's Word.

Matt 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
(KJV)

Our gathering to Christ Jesus is for AFTER that tribulation He taught us about. The events some call 'The Rapture' are actually about the events of that Matthew 24:30-31 verses. Apostle Paul taught it in 1 Thessalonians 5, with Christ coming as a thief on the Day of The LORD. Peter also marked that time in 2 Peter 3:10. Paul again showed it in 2 Thessalonians 2 and 1 Corinthians 15, and 1 Thessalonians 4.

All... those Scripture examples agree with Christ gathering His Church AFTER... that tribulation, not before it. Those teaching the "Left Behind" ideas instead believe it's going to happen BEFORE that tribulation. It's not.
Denial is an act of disbelief when it comes to the rapture. The rapture is another word people use to describe how The Lord will take us.

Yes people will be able to come to Jesus after the rapture during tribulation. If they refuse to take the mark and they never take it, and Keep Jesus Christ in their hearts and repent, they will be beheaded and Killed for Jesus Christ, as he died for us, and was ressurected. These people being killed by the government are going to Heaven.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Denial is an act of disbelief when it comes to the rapture. The rapture is another word people use to describe how The Lord will take us.

Yes people will be able to come to Jesus after the rapture during tribulation. If they refuse to take the mark and they never take it, and Keep Jesus Christ in their hearts and repent, they will be beheaded and Killed for Jesus Christ, as he died for us, and was ressurected. These people being killed by the government are going to Heaven.

Warrior,

Do you believe "Every Eye" will see Him when He comes to rapture the Church?

Thanks, JLB

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Not during the rapture but every eye will see Him at the second coming...at least that is what I've been taught

Thanks for your honesty HollyRock.

Would you share the scriptures you have that says Jesus' return before the tribulation will be invisible.

Thanks, JLB