What Things Would you Like to See, Functioning In Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think they call that Cessationism. It's a belief that the gifts stopped after the Apostles....something like that.
True and some of us are being called liars because we dare to mention seeing those gifts in action.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are some things I would love to see in a church environment

1. Multicultural - members from all races joined together in worship to God.
2. Biblical - preaching the word and also relating that word into today's world.
3. Spirit Filled - expecting that the Holy Spirit will turn up in power when the word is preached, souls are saved and also in corporate worship.

4. Leaders - who are genuine, caring and selfless about those whom they have to one day, make an account.
5. Social - On all levels from the creche to the elderly. Everyone can enjoy some kind of social gathering.

I will stop there. Please add ore or create your own list....
I would like to see more holy spirit preaching. I had to watch a NDE suggested by @Pearl to get that recently.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest with you I can't bring myself to watch any more video claiming the latest prophetic word. Even from legit, respected teachers. It feels like they've been crying wolf for too many years now.
I have tended never to give much credence to the professional prophets.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
True and some of us are being called liars because we dare to mention seeing those gifts in action.
Totally @Pearl and I agree with what you are saying. We know that the gifts are for today. We also know that some who call themselves believers have never experienced the power of the Holy Spirit working in their lives and probably never will....

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy Spirit preaching and Holy Spirit led worship and prayers too.
I do get that sometimes. But in every church I've been to it's hit and miss.

With that I would like to see less ritual in my Mass. I have to watch it everyday to get the spirit in me daily and the ritual gets a little boring.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@quietthinker That's your opinion but you are talking to me. I am a Pentecostal believer.... Do you know me? Are you saying that I do not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within me? is that what you are saying brother because that is enough to get you deleted off this forum.o_O
I see it doesn't require much to get you angry Angelina.....it almost seems to me you are looking for an excuse to kick me off?.....but I understand.....sacred cows are sacrosanct!

In any case, if you can, look at what I've said objectively.....that way you won't be miffed so quickly.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do get that sometimes. But in every church I've been to it's hit and miss.

With that I would like to see less ritual in my Mass. I have to watch it everyday to get the spirit in me daily and the ritual gets a little boring.
I used to be afraid of what I might miss is I didn't go to church - those were exciting times.

Reactions: dev553344

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I see it doesn't require much to get you angry Angelina.....it almost seems to me you are looking for an excuse to kick me off?.....but I understand.....sacred cows are sacrosanct!

In any case, if you can, look at what I've said objectively.....that way you won't be miffed so quickly.

I don't know you but I do know what you are insinuating and I gotta tell ya brother. I have been mod here for 11years and I won't tolerate someone saying that members who are Spirit filled and giving God the glory are somehow doing it via another spirit. You are insulting a whole load of Penetcostals who frequent this forum including me and I will not stand by and let you do that. If you want to leave, don't slam the door on your way out.

Reactions: Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6. A congregation that looks out for one another.
I will also like this. I went to a church that claimed they looked out for one another and it didn't prove when I came into a needy situation 10 years later. Some people helped for a little while, but not the leaders. And it shouldn't be that way. If we are brothers and sisters then we should be treated and treat others as if we are in fact brothers and sisters.

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Angelina.....how do you imagine a counterfeit spirit will/would manifest?.......and how do you think those with a counterfeit spirit will respond if not in outing and isolating any reference which highlights the phenomena?

I find it disturbing that you would want to shut someone down who addresses this matter.
Of all the weird and wonderfull things addressed on this forum, hitting nerves in the pursuit of truth is inevitable.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@quietthinker just because you have never experienced the power and the anointing of the Holy Spirit does not mean that others here have not. Please read this title thread. This is not a debate forum so don't even start it here....

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm saying that Pentecostals do not find it easy to stay silent when asked. It's almost impossible to keep a Pentecostal sitting in their respective seats and act in a sedate and conservative manner because the Holy Spirit is within them and all they want to do is give God the Glory! dance and praise him, Hallelujah!, Glory to God!, Thank you Jesus! View attachment 21951Amen and Amen!!!!

My experience was that sometimes when I was quite and manifesting God's spirit, that people would come running up to me to touch me so that they could get a touch of the spirit that I was experiencing. Now I do not "speak" in tongues, but I do "cry" in the spirit.

I also know of people who travelled the world to find God's spirit and in fact one such person actually stole God's spirit from a remote island church such that God's spirit disappeared or wanned on that island.

Often the façade of the church hides the underlying sins that exist within that church.

Now I am not saying that a church should squash a genuine move of the spirit within it, but discernment is often needed.

I remember in one church service where a person went out the front and suggested that we had come into a holy place within the church service and that he had taken off his shoes because he felt that was the right thing to do, when the place had been made holy by God, and that the congregation should do likewise. Sadly, few if anyone in the congregation took their shoes off, and the gentleman sulked back to his pew and put his shoes back on because he he was embarrassed since on one followed the prompting that he had received.

When we sense a prompting from God through a move of the spirit within us, wisdom suggests that we should test that the spirit we sense is actually from God and ask for discernment to identify the source of that prompting sense.

Often when I sense God is speaking to me, it is not God yelling at me in a loud voice, but Him speaking quietly to me. When I act on that quite prompting from the Lord, it is only my responsibility to deliver that message, and then to walk away. How the message is received and is responded to, is not my responsibility.

I often have to ask myself when in Pentecostal Church services, "Why am I crying? Why do I sense that I should be crying when there is so much "joy" and "praise" in the room?" Often, I sense that my crying is a form of intercession for the congregation at that time and I do not necessarily receive words that I can use to convey what is happening in my spirit. In fact a couple of Sunday services ago, I began began to cry and so I got up and walked out of the room where the service was being conducted, because the people around me would not understand what I was sensing. It took me a couple of days to process why I was crying before I could convey my thoughts to another who would understand. A Sunday or so later, I had no sense that there was a need for me to cry on behalf of the Lord.

Angelina, my apologies for creating such a long response. But I find that I dance and sing praises to the Lord more so when I am alone with Him where no one else can see me doing so.

Shalom

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@quietthinker just because you have never experienced the power and the anointing of the Holy Spirit does not mean that others here have not. Please read this title thread. This is not a debate forum so don't even start it here....
I have felt an immense love and peace that lasted for hours. It came with messages from God. It was unearthly. Is that an anointing?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That @devin553344 is God acknowledging to you that what you had heard is from him. It was no mistake. The anointing is very much like this. It gives you a sense of heavenly peace and his presence all wrapped up together....
OK, I've had that before. Is this something that happens at Pentecostal Church services?

Reactions: Lambano

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes it does but in context. Sometimes someone may give another member a word because it's burning like fire in their heart and so they speak out and say it either in the service or after, what the Lord has said to them about the other member. It is confirmed in the heart of the person recieving. This confirmation is in the form of a strong acknowledgement in your heart, a ding, an anointing [like oil poured over the body] , an unction, a strong yes combined with a heavenly peace all wrapped together in the presence of God. Sometimes there is an aroma, perfume. Shekinah power, Dunamis power......

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does but in context. Sometimes someone may give another member a word because it's burning like fire in their heart and so they speak out and say it either in the service or after, what the Lord has said to them about the other member. It is confirmed in the heart of the person recieving. This confirmation is in the form of a strong acknowledgement in your heart, a ding, an anointing [like oil poured over the body] , an unction, a strong yes combined with a heavenly peace all wrapped together in the presence of God. Sometimes there is an aroma, perfume. Shekinah power, Dunamis power......
I have been smelling male and female perfume at times on my walks and no one is around. I kinda thought it might be angels that I couldn't see. Interesting.

Reactions: Angelina

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina.....how do you imagine a counterfeit spirit will/would manifest?.......and how do you think those with a counterfeit spirit will respond if not in outing and isolating any reference which highlights the phenomena?

I find it disturbing that you would want to shut someone down who addresses this matter.
Of all the weird and wonderfull things addressed on this forum, hitting nerves in the pursuit of truth is inevitable.
My impression I get from you is that you are a faith bully...you seem to negate or counter any testimony of faith by members here. I would liken you to a "doubting Thomas" except he came to believe...you are a type of person that tries to put doubt on people's faith. That's a shame....*

Reactions: Angelina

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often have to ask myself when in Pentecostal Church services, "Why am I crying? Why do I sense that I should be crying when there is so much "joy" and "praise" in the room?" Often, I sense that my crying is a form of intercession for the congregation at that time and I do not necessarily receive words that I can use to convey what is happening in my spirit.
Jay, I find this quite moving. This must be the "groanings too deep for words" from Romans 8:26.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay Ross