What to do about certain people...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is sort of a discuss or vent thread.

I would like to discuss what to do about people that troll without coming right out and trolling. It's about people that post inflammatory remarks. The effect is getting an escalating response. Where you could end up getting warned instead of them.

I would like to hear how people have learned to cope with this. I see it happen all the time. Rudeness on forums.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would Jesus do?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of Those who believe in Once Saved Always Saved eventually show their fangs as soon as you simply post a scripture that says to ‘stop sinning’ and keep posting them.

I used to get offended, now I just torment them with simple Bible verses.

@Lifelong_sinner put me on IGNORE because I preached righteousness to him. I guess with a screen name like that it was bound to happen…

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would Jesus do?
Dunno, he told people some pretty bad news about their futures. He's been there in the bible as the word of God. He's not always turning the other cheek as God is he. Sometimes he punishes people, sometimes he has mercy. He has turned the other cheek and beat people out of the temple.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is sort of a discuss or vent thread.

I would like to discuss what to do about people that troll without coming right out and trolling. It's about people that post inflammatory remarks. The effect is getting an escalating response. Where you could end up getting warned instead of them.

I would like to hear how people have learned to cope with this. I see it happen all the time. Rudeness on forums.

It’s gaslighting.
You can play for a break from the serious and more so for amusement,
or ignore.

The Fact is, other people do not define you.
The Fact is, everything is in writing. It is easy to read what one says for themselves and when gaslighters speak lies FOR an other.

Like God sits and laughs at their delusion, sometimes so do I.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of Those who believe in Once Saved Always Saved eventually show their fangs as soon as you simply post a scripture that says to ‘stop sinning’ and keep posting them.

@Lifelong_sinner put me on IGNORE because I preached righteousness to him. I guess with a screen name like that it was bound to happen…
Good idea. I got some pretty heated responses doing something similar. I know what you mean.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s gaslighting.
You can play for a break from the serious and more so for amusement,
or ignore.

The Fact is, other people do not define you.
The Fact is, everything is in writing. It is easy to read what one says for themselves and when gaslighters speak lies FOR an other.

Like God sits and laughs at their delusion, sometimes so do I.
That's a new term for me. I haven't read up on gaslighting. I'll check it out.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is so juvenile...Attack and then back-pack yourself.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears” (2 Timothy 4:2-3)

The majority of folks here have heaped to themselves ear scratchers…

My days are probably numbered. I can’t take the nonsense anymore.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure he learned that technique from another member whom I won't say whom that is. I did something similar but I don't call people sinners as I am a sinner in the Catholic sense of the word. I'm not perfect in my works and never will be while on this earth. So I am of the faith to say to God, "Have mercy please on this sinner". But I also try to obey the commandments and words of Christ.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i’ve managed to get 2 warnings this month alone. At some point, you get tired of the nonsense and say what needs to be said, defend your beliefs, and not worry about getting warnings or bans. :D
You honesty is refreshing. Hopefully you can avoid getting warned. As you are not one of the members I see attacking others. Perhaps you get provoked? Which is what this thread is about. How to recognize you're intentionally provoked by someone who is trying to ban you and report a post. I think some people do that. Try to provoke a response so they can report you. And I just don't want to fall for it ;)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I also try to obey the commandments and words of Christ.

Just do the following and you won’t have to try anymore - it will come as second nature:

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Romans 13:8-9)

“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” (Galatians 5:24)

“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin” (1 Peter 4:1)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just do the following and you won’t have to try anymore - it will come as second nature:

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Romans 13:8-9)

“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” (Galatians 5:24)

“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin” (1 Peter 4:1)
I do OK on those. I do find myself wanting as I am poor, so I have a little bit of coveting desires.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warning!!! It is against forum rules to discuss staff actions in a public forum.
All reports are dealt with privately and confidentially.
This thread is now CLOSED to any further replies.

Reactions: Lambano

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warning!!! It is against forum rules to discuss staff actions in a public forum.
All reports are dealt with privately and confidentially.
This thread is now CLOSED to any further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.