What treats do you like to have at Christmas …..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok... so treats... favorite treats... I need to break this down in categories...
CHOCOLATE
CARAMEL
CANDY
DRINKS
DESSERTS
COOKIES and SQUARES
SNACK FOODS ( like favorite crackers... potato chips... popcorn )

Favorite chocolate bar.... Coffee Crisp and those Andes mint wafers.
I have made home made chocolates with caramel filling... and my own peanut butter cups... OH my goodness YUMMIE.
I also enjoy almond bark ( both white and dark chocolate )
Oh and I must not FORGET.... a good box of mixed chocolates ( Laura Secord )
Mint smoothies.... OH my goodness... Don't get me started on those.... LOL

Disclaimer.... In all actuality... I prefer CARAMEL over CHOCOLATE.... ( I know... I'm weird )

Favorite candy ... licorice babies and Anisette candy ( those lovely licorice hard candies often served after you pay the bill at Italian restaurants. and YES... I also like All Sorts.... the very ones that people think nobody likes. Do you sense a licorice theme going on?? I once heard someone ask if there is any human being that likes ALL SORTS... My mother used to buy a box EVERY CHRISTMAS.... along with those nuts in shells where you had to CRACK them to eat them... I would always hurt myself trying to pry out the brazil nuts... and those things can go FLYING right across a room. Plus.... CHRISTMAS tangerines... they came in a wooden crate... each one individually wrapped in light green paper. MEMORIES... Today is actually my late mother's birthday... so I am doing this in memory of her.

Where are we?? DRINKS.... home made apple cider ( no alcohol )... and GOOD egg-nog... NOT the store bought stuff... OH my goodness... DELICIOUS!!! I think it was Helen who decided this is GROSS.... LOL ... and it's nutmeg... ( she wasn't sure ).

The above are treats I don't usually buy but we have a specialty produce store here where I live and they sell their own brand of both cider and nutmeg.... THIS year... I have decided I am going to TRULY CELEBRATE and INDULGE.

DESSERTS.... OH MY ........ SMILING really BIG..... Ok so here is the dilemma... IF I could only choose one.... ( I can't do it ). Pumpkin pie is my favorite. I prefer it with the real crust over the graham cracker... but I do like it when it has a gingersnap cookie base... Adds a nice touch.

HOWEVER.... we have the dilemma of CHEESECAKE.... a good BAKED cheesecake... NOT one where you mix cream cheese with coolwhip.... YUCK... I'm talking about.... baked... heavy.... CHEESECAKE.... I think they call it New York style.... OH my goodness.... THE BEST.... As for flavour.... It's a toss up between CHERRY and STRAWBERRY.

ICE CREAM... I forgot to put that in the category... Ice Cream should be it's own food group. Haagen Daaz Dulce de leche Ice cream... It does NOT get better than that.

Butter tarts... they are a wonderful confection... mine are more like a custard... they don't have the drippy thing happening... those are the ones made with corn syrup... I use cream in mine.

I have had authentic baklava before... there are simply NO words to describe this... OH BOY!!!

WOW... already at COOKIES and SQUARES.... Soft Molasses cookies are the BEST... Peanut Butter is next... and as for squares... I like blondies over brownies.... ( but that is my caramel thing going on ). I have never been one to buy a lot of cookies... but would be interested in hearing what some good store bought cookies might be?? I know Australia has a thing for Tim Tams.

SNACK FOODS.... Favorite potato chip flavour ( used to be Maple bacon... BUT President's choice does not make them anymore...or at least I have not been able to find them )... so sour cream and onion and BBQ... and I like the Cheetos Cheesies. WHO likes the Hawkins hard cheesies???

They are a legend... LOL

POPCORN... Gotta be WHITE CHEDDAR... and the orange cheddar is ok too.

Never been a cracker girl. But Ritz are it. LOL

AND... who can forget the piece de resistance.... and in honour of my good friend @Truman

CHRISTMAS CAKE!!!!

That is how you fill out a FAVORITES FORM.... LOL
Yesterday was my parents' wedding anniversary.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not laughing at you being hurt prying open brazil nuts, but the flying across the room bit made me smile.
That brings back many memories as a kid trying to use the nut crackers with Brazil nuts…..it was much easier when the decided to cover Brazil nuts in chocolate and sell them in boxes xx

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That brings back many memories as a kid trying to use the nut crackers with Brazil nuts…..it was much easier when the decided to cover Brazil nuts in chocolate and sell them in boxes xx
My Mom used to set out nuts also. And those Brazil nuts were a challenge for sure. They definitely can get some lift on takeoff.

So did you open the Brazil nuts and then cover them in chocolate? I'm trying to understand. But that sounds pretty good.

When I was married I would melt some milk chocolate on the stove and dip strawberries in it for my wife for valentines day. They were so good after refrigerating them.

Reactions: Truman

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My Mom used to set out nuts also. And those Brazil nuts were a challenge for sure. They definitely can get some lift on takeoff.
The almonds weren't much better... you still had to put the cracker in just the right place... but oh my goodness... the brazil nuts were lethal weapons.... and then... once you opened the darn thing... you had to use the picker to take them out because they were almost like STUCK to the shell.... Sadly... they were the best of all the nuts...

Very nice to see you also... I'm not really back... Just making special appearances here and there... LOL

I am going to steal your idea @devin553344 ... It is absolutely the MOST precious thing I have heard... to write Jesus a Birthday card for when HE returns.... There are no words to describe how precious and beautiful this is. Much Love... Addy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The almonds weren't much better... you still had to put the cracker in just the right place... but oh my goodness... the brazil nuts were lethal weapons.... and then... once you opened the darn thing... you had to use the picker to take them out because they were almost like STUCK to the shell.... Sadly... they were the best of all the nuts...

Very nice to see you also... I'm not really back... Just making special appearances here and there... LOL

I am going to steal your idea @devin553344 ... It is absolutely the MOST precious thing I have heard... to write Jesus a Birthday card for when HE returns.... There are no words to describe how precious and beautiful this is. Much Love... Addy
Thanks Addy.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

So did you open the Brazil nuts and then cover them in chocolate? I'm trying to understand. But that sounds pretty good.

When I was married I would melt some milk chocolate on the stove and dip strawberries in it for my wife for valentines day. They were so good after refrigerating them.
No they stared to sell them in the shops, so we brought them instead !
Just remember we use to have dates ( fruit !? )
Oh and orange and lemon shaped jelly sweets ……

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truman , are you ok. Anniversaries can be difficult xx
Thanks for asking, Rita. Today is a mixed blessing. Yeah, I miss them a lot. We were like best friends. I met some new friends today.
BYNA.jpg

Reactions: Rita and dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for asking, Rita. Today is a mixed blessing. Yeah, I miss them a lot. We were like best friends. I met some new friends today.
BYNA.jpg
March onwards in the glorious LORD my friend .
Let all that breathes praise the glorious Lord .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The brazillian nuts are the best of all the nuts . I wonder how they would taste with pure dark chocolate spread on them .
That would be tasty and very good for you as well .

Reactions: Rita and Truman

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The brazillian nuts are the best of all the nuts . I wonder how they would taste with pure dark chocolate spread on them .
That would be tasty and very good for you as well .
They are lovely, I have had the with milk chocolate and dark chocolate …..not sure I could risk them now my teeth are not as strong. ………

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thumbprint cookies, a thick cookie with a Hershey's Kiss in the middle. And those thin crispy cookies like windmills. Spiced apple cider.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the secret to roasting chestnuts? Does anyone do that? Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, but I couldn't get them to roast!

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Food :) ham, green bean, casserole, stuffing love some stuffing, hawiian bread rolls, baked beans, think that is about it on Christmas this is about the same on thanksgiving too.

Reactions: Rita and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Food :) ham, green bean, casserole, stuffing love some stuffing, hawiian bread rolls, baked beans, think that is about it on Christmas this is about the same on thanksgiving too.
Do you ever have stuffing sandwiches?

Much love!