What Was Jesus Like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I would say a whole lot like Gandalf the wizard in that he could be both gracious and short tempered.

That's for sure.
What does the video have to do with what you posted.
I really don't learn from links of individual pastors.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Frank Lee

Hi Frank so good to share your testimony, and I can only say teh same. He is so patient and knows us all so well, even just as teh bible says, down to the very last hair on our heads, And this is what people need to understand, there is nothing they can do that He doesnt already know about, so why get upset, we cannot surprise Him. Loves us all so much. always smiling, always caring, loves to show us the things of God, seems everything He taught me I needed to know for teh journey, glad or i would of given up years ago. Cant wait to see Him again, being a while, but we have those times.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May the Lord bless, direct, anoint and keep you as you seek His face. Stop whatever you are doing and look around you. Realize, know that as a believer the Holy Spirit is there. You are not alone.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
May the Lord bless, direct, anoint and keep you as you seek His face. Stop whatever you are doing and look around you. Realize, know that as a believer the Holy Spirit is there. You are not alone.
I also see God the Creator all around me.
His breath, and thoughts, Jesus, created all nature and is all around.
The Holy Spirit is there to help us, He is our paraclete. He walks by our side.

What we see is the work of our Lord.
We can say that Jesus made everything beautiful for us.
This is another one of His attributes - to create beauty.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes address Him in prayer as the Holy Spirit of the frame.

Once He gave me a brief but intense dream or vision as I slept. There was a wooden frame that although not very heavy it was in such a shape and size that only one person could not lift it nor carry it. A four posted frame. I was supposed to lift it and carry it but could not.

The Holy Spirit spoke and said "you cannot carry this by yourself. You carry one end and I'll pick up the other and together we'll carry it off.

The frame? It represented the gospel of Jesus Christ. We can't carry it by our self we need the Holy Spirit to go forth with us carrying His part of the gospel message. You must have the anointing of the Holy Spirit in order to fulfill the great commission. You must be baptized in the Holy Spirit in order to have His power and help. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gifts. Jesus most of all.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He loved children...and, how does He want us to come to him?
Matthew 18:3 and Jesus says, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you change and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.”

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have YOU not learned anything?
Is this why you don't know what He's like??
Jesus said the first will be last and the last will be first.
I do believe you believe you're one of the first.

One I have not seen yet! HUMBLE, which some here lack!!!!
Shouldnt the topic be " what is Jesus like" shouldnt all that learning teach you such things, of course you could just ask him than you would know.

Read the book of the Revelation; Jesus as described by John has made a few Changes, after As-sending to His Fathers Side. I think the Question is how can we be as Jesus was on Earth!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He connected with people immediately - true self to true self. Those who continued to wear their animal skin/ego/mask/old man/false self felt exposed by him and no narcissist responds well when they feel exposed.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not GG or @GodsGrace , but consider these verses:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:22-23

These people knew something and thought they knew Jesus, but He did not KNOW them. It was a critical lack was it not. How could they be assured of ending up not in that group but rather this group...?

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matt 7:21

It would seem that knowing His will and doing it is infinitely more important than prophesying and casting our devils and doing other wonderful works.

How do we get to know what we need to know? Perhaps by simply putting first things first:

Good post @amadeus,! Him, always first...always. One of my favorite verses is: Proverbs 3:6- In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Be blessed,
-nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was a lonely man. Except for the Heavenly Father there was no one to really draw close too. The immature fleshly disciples were not able to draw close to Him. They loved Him yes but He was a man with a heavenly mission. He was here on a round trip ticket.

So many old testament scriptures tell us much about Him. Especially Isaiah 53. He was a man of sorrows and well acquainted with grief. God has a tremendous sense of humor. Once I awakened my wife as I was laughing in my sleep. She asked "what are you laughing at"? for it was in the wee hours.

I said "Jesus just told me a joke". It was true, with a thought toward John the Baptist as I slept He remarked "that hair shirt gets itchy when it gets dry doesn't it"? The quiet humor and light heartedness of His words were so obvious, so uplifting. His voice was just filled with joy. I am constantly hungry for anything He has to say!

He teaches serious lessons in an easy yet powerful way. Once as I read the account of John the Baptist's imprisonment and subsequent beheading I paused and asked "Lord how do I keep from losing MY head"?!

The answer from Him was instant and I laughed right aloud. "put it in a safe place" was His matter of fact wisdom. I laughed but understood.

He is so inventive, wise send diverse in His ways of answering our prayers. Like the tax money in the fish's mouth. After church one night we stopped at the market to pick up a few things. Going out to our car we began a conversation with a couple parked nearby.

We began sharing about Jesus and being Christians they chimed right in so we traded testimonies. Then they said something that took me aback. It made me ask them to repeat it since I thought my ears had deceived me.

They said again "He had the dogs give us a baby shower"!

"what"? Was my amazed reply.

They recounted the events to us. The wife was pregnant and they were waiting expectantly for their first child to be born. They were not well to do and had very little. They needed everything and had nothing. As they sat in their home one night they heard noises outside. Dogs were barking and growling, having a big fight. The husband went to the door and turned on the outside light and as he did several dogs began to run away. His yells scared off the last of them.

They had been fighting over the contents of a large paper bag or bags that were lying in the grass. He gathered the stuff and brought it into the house. The large quantity of items amazed them. Still in new packaging were baby blankets, diapers, oils, powders, several baby outfits, rattles, on and on. Everything for a new baby. The dogs had been sent by Jesus to give them a much needed baby shower!

Truly Jesus' ways are past finding out! He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. How is He we ask. What's He like?

He REALLY dies know exactly how we feel and responds with compassion. I sat weeping in my greenhouse one moonlit night. Overcome with grief and heaviness. I noticed that I was slowly nodding my head up and down in a yes motion and saying over and over "you felt these same things, you felt these same things"! He had let me know that He'd been there too. He REALLY IS TOUCHED by the feelings of our weaknesses, our infirmities, our grief, pain and sadness. Whatever you feel He feels also. Joy, anger, hurt, compassion, excitement. Every single thing. For those that pursue Him with the whole heart there awaits a wealth of the love and tender care of our beautiful savior.

The same savior that wanted to hear what was being spoken of him by those rejoicing at His resurrection. "what things"? he asked.
He is closer than you know. I have been with him 40 years now and there is so much I don't know. His love is so big. In time your capacity to understand more of him will increase. In any relationship time is required to nurture the union. Keep walking with Him and grow closer.

Wonderful experiences!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
His relationship with nicodemus confuses me most.
With Nicodemus, the Divine Teacher -- Jesus -- had to teach the rabbinic teacher (Nicodemus) that he did not understand spiritual things. But we know that Nicodemus became a secret disciple of Christ and attended at His burial with Joseph of Arimathea. He must have spent a small fortune on the spices he brought for the burial of Christ.

Lack of spiritual understanding would be true for many so-called *Christian* professors and theologians, who have a rationalistic and naturalistic frame of mind, and need to be taught to go back to square one. But who will teach them?

As to "What was Jesus like?" one would need a book the size of the New Testament (at least) to describe what Jesus was like. As to the things He did, John says that the books written would be too many to count. But if Christians want an insight into Jesus of Nazareth as the Messiah of Israel, one of the best books to read is The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah by Alfred Edersheim. Edersheim was a very learned Hebrew Christian with tremendous spiritual insight.

Jesus came to present God to mankind. So what must be always kept in mind is that this is God walking about as Man, and then taking upon Himself the sins of the whole world. As Scripture says "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (1 Tim 1:15).

Reactions: Nancy