What was the date of the Crucifixion 2?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But it is able to silence gainsaying unbelievers in front of those whose hearts are searching for the truth.
Truth is embodied in Jesus the person. I am the truth he said.
Without that context, searching for truth could mean anything from Copernicus' discovery and declaration the Earth revolved around the sun to President Trump being a narcissist.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Truth is embodied in Jesus the person. I am the truth he said.
Without that context, searching for truth could mean anything from Copernicus' discovery and declaration the Earth revolved around the sun to President Trump being a narcissist.
As long as you're thinking quietly I won't argue the point any further.

Reactions: Christian Gedge

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Back to the 46 years …

“The Jews then responded to him, What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this? Jesus answered them, Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.” They replied, It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” (John 2:18-20)

We are told that the main structure was finished within ten years, but finishing touches continued until AD 63, only seven years before its destruction in AD 70. So, it was still under construction during Jesus's ministry.

Therefore the “forty-six years” mentioned by the Pharisees counts from BC 20 to the start of Jesus ministry, as the timeline shows. In other words, if they were saying it at the end of Jesus ministry, they would have said “forty-nine years to build this temple.”

And yes, that comes to AD 30.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think there's considerable conjecture here
I have done the timeline, using 47 Bible verses. All the given time periods for the Patriarchs and the Kings of Judah, etc.
Your reject the Bible itself, I show what we have been told.
We are to be witnesses.....the question is to what
The faithful people of God will witness the saving power of God, as He destroys the ungodly around us. Psalms 91
Wow only 8 years to go until the second coming, what a calculation!
Believe it or not, your choice.
However I do consider that possibly the 3 1/2 years that Jesus was on earth may be added on, as that was the time Jesus was here.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your reject the Bible itself, I show what we have been told.
oh dear Keraz....a man who boasts of accuracy .....relying on the assumption I reject the Scriptures, tch tch tch tch!

The faithful people of God will witness the saving power of God, as He destroys the ungodly around us.
The witness of the disciples...of which the batten was passed to us....did this? ie, witness the saving power of God, as He destroys the ungodly??? .....Keraz, again, what has happened to your claimed accuracy??

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE CHART IS A COMPLETE FABRICATION. IT IS NOT THE TRUTH.

Luke 3
3 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Reason #2 The Chart is in TOTAL ERROR.
The 15th Year of Tiberius is 29 AD

The 15th year of Tiberius is 29 AD. That's a fact. Anyone can look that up. You are fabricating the date of 27 AD because the Word of God proves what you are teaching is in error. You can use the excuse that Tiberius took on some duties in 27 AD BUT THAT IS NOT THE 15TH YEAR OF TIBERIUS.
That was also the year John was put in prison. How long was John in prison?

Jesus was baptized before John was imprisoned. Notice how it is worded? All you have is a firm date of John's imprisonment.

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You can use the excuse that Tiberius took on some duties in 27 AD
Typo? I think you are referring to the chart showing Tiberius’ co-regency starting in 12 AD. Yes, it carried full status as regent two years before his father, Augustus, passed away. There are many examples of co-regency in history. A biblical case is how David made Solomon king while he was still alive.

When we count 15 years from 12 AD it comes to Jesus’ baptism, and synchronising perfectly with the 46 years mentioned on the chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typo? I think you are referring to the chart showing Tiberius’ co-regency starting in 12 AD. Yes, it carried full status as regent two years before his father, Augustus, passed away. There are many examples of co-regency in history. A biblical case is how David made Solomon king while he was still alive.

When we count 15 years from 12 AD it comes to Jesus’ baptism, and synchronising perfectly with the 46 years mentioned on the chart.

That's great, and yet Luke says that John the Baptist ministry began in 29 AD, the 15th year of Tiberius.

Luke 3
Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

That means that Jesus could not have died 30 AD as you propose, as His ministry was 3.5 years. The 15th year of Tiberius is 29AD plain, simple and truthful. You can't just go around changing dates to suit your needs and make things work out the way YOU want. We are looking for the truth.

The chart is a fabrication that is not based on facts.

Also we cannot date the death of Jesus, from a known date (the beginning of the rebuilding of the Temple) and adding another known date 46 years that is took to build the Temple because WE DO NOT KNOW THAT JESUS DIED THE SAME YEAR AS THE TEMPLE WAS COMPLETED. We don't know the year the quote was made. And since we already have truthful, factual, evidence, that John the Baptist started his ministry in 29 AD, the 15th year of Tiberius, we have the proof necessary that you are just making things up so it appears that the 70th week of Daniel is complete. Which it is not.

Last edited:

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Luke says that John the Baptist ministry began in 29 AD, the 15th year of Tiberius.
Luke never said "29 AD." You inserted it. :Bubbles:Luke simply said the "15th year of Tiberius." Now, listen up:

Tiberius became sole emperor on the death of his adoptive father, Augustus, on 19th August AD 14. However, it is a well-known fact that he had become co-regent with his ailing father two years earlier in AD 12.

In that year, he was made supreme military commander over Caesar's armies and provinces. Ancient coins from Antioch dated AD 12 display the head of Tiberius and documents attest to his reign being fully in force from that time. Thus, his inauguration in AD 14 as
emperor was only a formalisation of a reign that had begun two years earlier.

Therefore, the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius would make it late AD 26 correlating with the baptism of Jesus and supporting the AD 30 date as the most likely date of his crucifixion.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
However I do consider that possibly the 3 1/2 years that Jesus was on earth may be added on, as that was the time Jesus was here.
Actually, the better reason is to deduct the 3 1/2 years of the world control of the 'beast', not a part of the 2000 years of the Church age. In other words: the third tranche of 2000 years, will be completed 3 1/2 years before Jesus Returns.
This will give enough time for all of what is Prophesied to happen from the Sixth Seal to the Anti-Christ sitting in the Temple, to take place.

CG, you haven't acknowledged the truth of the years being counted at their commencement.
When babies are born, they are not 1 year old until a year has passed, but our Calander years are different. This year; designated 2022, is now actually only 2021 & 9 1/2 months.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The chart is a fabrication that is not based on facts.

fabricate

1. To make; create.
2. To construct by combining or assembling diverse, typically standardized parts: fabricate small boats.
3. To concoct in order to deceive: fabricated a convincing excuse.

Please explain what you mean by "fabrication".

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Luke never said "29 AD." You inserted it. :Bubbles:Luke simply said the "15th year of Tiberius." Now, listen up:

Tiberius became sole emperor on the death of his adoptive father, Augustus, on 19th August AD 14. However, it is a well-known fact that he had become co-regent with his ailing father two years earlier in AD 12.

In that year, he was made supreme military commander over Caesar's armies and provinces. Ancient coins from Antioch dated AD 12 display the head of Tiberius and documents attest to his reign being fully in force from that time. Thus, his inauguration in AD 14 as emperor was only a formalisation of a reign that had begun two years earlier.

Therefore, the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius would make it late AD 26 correlating with the baptism of Jesus and supporting the AD 30 date as the most likely date of his crucifixion.
Thanks for that. Like King Charles who is already king but his coronation is still coming. And 12+14 (years) =26, i.e the 15th year of his reign, because the 14th birthday of his reign was already passed.

Easy to understand, when there is no theological sandcastle built on a foundation of sand to desperately cling to.

Last edited:
Reactions: covenantee

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Funny you should mention Charles. Ive sometimes wondered why Queen Elizabeth didn't arrange a co-regency with him before she fell off the throne. It would have given him a bit of experience before he went on the old age pension.

(ps. There were a few co-regencies in the British monarchy.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I and the Prophets merely oppose your beliefs.

This is a discussion forum, address the issues I raise, opinions and what is even more useless is criticising the messenger.
Interesting response Keraz. I see you are a sidestepper and diversion when I suits is right under the skin!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE CHART IS A COMPLETE FABRICATION. IT IS NOT THE TRUTH.

John 19
14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.

Reason #3 The Chart is in TOTAL ERROR.
Jesus Died on Passover, Not the Day After.

Jesus died on Passover and you are claiming that He died the day after Passover. In AD 30 Jesus, the year that you propose that Jesus died, Friday is the 15th of Nisan. Passover is the 14th of Nisan. Jesus dies on April 3, AD 33 not April 7, AD 30.

Leviticus 23
5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover.

Last edited:

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Leviticus 23
5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover.
Thank you Light. Yes, Passover begins in the closing hours of the fourteenth and continues into the fifteenth day as it did in the Exodus.

However, could you keep the Passover discussion to the previous thread so that we can study other aspects of the crucifixion date? Would you like examples of co-regency similar to Augustus and Tiberius?

Last edited: