What was the date of the Crucifixion 2?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'd like to take this from our last discussion and add more here.

A direct reference pointing to an AD30 crucifixion is John 2:13-20. This was the occasion when Jesus claimed he would rebuild the temple within three days, to which the Jews replied,

"It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?" (John 2:20)

This discussion took place early in Christ’s ministry, shortly after his first miracle, and it was Passover time. Therefore, since it was the first year of his ministry, it would have been exactly three years prior to the last Passover.

See diagram. Each year is marked clearly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
CG:
Please explain how the year count BC to AD works.
We know the years are counted from their commencement. For example on the first of January 2000, only 1999 years had elapsed.
This system goes both ways, so at the commencement of both BC 1 and AD 1, as you have put them on your chart, there was no year past yet.

My contention is; you should add 2 years to obtain the full amount of elapsed actual years. Two year zero's.

I do agree, though in the 30 AD date for the acclamation of Jesus as King and His subsequent death and Resurrection.
This simply makes the date the 2nd Temple was started to be rebuilt; in 18 BC

Last edited:

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here’s what Wikipedia says:

A year zero does not exist in the Anno Domini (AD) calendar year system commonly used to number years in the Gregorian calendar (nor in its predecessor, the Julian calendar); in this system, the year 1 BC is followed directly by year AD 1.​

Keraz, you are the only person I’ve ever heard say there are two year zeroes? You send me cross-eyed sometimes. :confused:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Soo, we establish the date of the crucifixion......what then?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A year zero does not exist in the Anno Domini (AD) calendar year system commonly used to number years in the Gregorian calendar (nor in its predecessor, the Julian calendar); in this system, the year 1 BC is followed directly by year AD 1.
THEREFORE: BC 1 and AD 1, both begin with the year already counted.
ONLY when BC1 and AD1 are over has 2 years elapsed.
BUT, on your chart #1, you make BC 1 & 2 and AD 1 & 2 add to 4 years, when actually only 2 have passed.
TO CORRECT this situation two year zero's must be added at the BC/AD changeover.

Furthermore, your year 20 BC is only 19 elapsed years and year 30 AD is only 29 elapsed years, total 48 years.
Soo, we establish the date of the crucifixion......what then?
Adam to Abraham; exactly 2000 years.
Abraham to Jesus, exactly 2000 years.
Jesus' Ascension to Return, now 1992 years and counting.
The Millennium reign of Jesus, exactly 1000 years.
Gods decreed time for mankind, exactly 7000 years.

Got any ideas what's next for us right now?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
breathing the air, walking the earth......or do we need to dance a jig to somebody else's tune?

We are to be witnesses.....the question is to what

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THEREFORE: BC 1 and AD 1, both begin with the year already counted.
ONLY when BC1 and AD1 are over has 2 years elapsed.
BUT, on your chart #1, you make BC 1 & 2 and AD 1 & 2 add to 6 years, when actually only 4 have passed.
TO CORRECT this situation two year zero's must be added at the BC/AD changeover.

Furthermore, your year 20 BC is only 19 elapsed years and year 30 AD is only 29 elapsed years, total 48 years.

Adam to Abraham; exactly 2000 years.
Abraham to Jesus, exactly 2000 years.
Jesus' Ascension to Return, now 1992 years and counting.
The Millennium reign of Jesus, exactly 1000 years.
Gods decreed time for mankind, exactly 7000 years.

Wow only 8 years to go until the second coming, what a calculation!

You going to be around in 9 years when it doesn't take place, been alot of date setters that have come and gone long before Keraz

Last edited:

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE CHART IS A COMPLETE FABRICATION. IT IS NOT THE TRUTH.

The only accurate information on your chart is that temple construction began in 20 BC and it took 46 years to build it.

The quote of scripture you give cannot be used to set a date.

John 2
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

Reason #1 The Chart is in TOTAL ERROR.
There is no way to determine the date of the quote.

You are using a quote that you cannot tie a date to. Someone else could make the same quote 5 years later and that would change everything.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

The only accurate information on your chart is that temple construction began in 20 BC and it took 46 years to build it.

The quote of scripture you give cannot be used to set a date.

John 2
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

Reason #1 The Chart is in TOTAL ERROR.
There is no way to determine the date of the quote.

You are using a quote that you cannot tie a date to. Someone else could make the same quote 5 years later and that would change everything.
Astronomy has tied a date to it (were you not reading what was written in the previous thread?)

You still have not replied to my reply to your post in the previous thread, either. Care to do so and leave this thread alone instead of getting it sidetracked also?

Your assertions were proved to be false here:

What was the date of the Crucifixion?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then it builds up our faith even more and gives us (proper) apologetic ammunition against gainsaying unbelievers - assuming that defense of the gospel is a priority for us.
I doubt whether historic information of this nature was significant in the change of the mind (heart) of anyone.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke 3
3 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Reason #2 The Chart is in TOTAL ERROR.
The 15th Year of Tiberius is 29 AD

The 15th year of Tiberius is 29 AD. That's a fact. Anyone can look that up. You are fabricating the date of 27 AD because the Word of God proves what you are teaching is in error. You can use the excuse that Tiberius took on some duties in 27 AD BUT THAT IS NOT THE 15TH YEAR OF TIBERIUS.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I see there are those who are determined to disrupt any thread you put out on this topic, CG. Maybe they're best ignored in this thread (they have the first thread to do that). I'll ignore their posts from now on in this thread also.

Reactions: Christian Gedge

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Astronomy has tied a date to it (were you not reading what was written in the previous thread?)

You still have not replied to my reply to your post in the previous thread, either. Care to do so and leave this thread alone instead of getting it sidetracked also?

Your assertions were proved to be false here:

What was the date of the Crucifixion?

I replied to the statement of the Astronomy assertion. AD 33 has the exact same Astronomy tying as AD 30. You didn't notice that he could not reply to rebuttal as he already knew what he was contending was partial truth.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I replied to the statement of the Astronomy assertion. AD 33 has the exact same Astronomy tying as AD 30. You didn't notice that he could not reply to rebuttal as he already knew what he was contending was partial truth.
I replied to your reply. You didn't bother to read the rebuttal.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see there are those who are determined to disrupt any thread you put out on this topic, CG. Maybe they're best ignored in this thread (they have the first thread to do that). I'll ignore their posts from now on in this thread also.
Yeah lets hide and keep the word of God from exposing the truth.