What was the date of the Crucifixion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's NOT a game. The very reputation of God is at stake if this subject is not understood correctly. Messiah Jesus was crucified on the exact day of the Passover. He fulfilled all the prophecies described by the Passover.
No I am saying you are playing a game with the Word of God.

You state that the Passover was on Nisan 15.
Well this is one of the games people of low character play on this forum....they lie about what people say.
Find the word Nisan in my post.
And the exiles celebrated the Passover on the fourteenth of the first month.
Maybe your counting wrong.....the Passover occurs on the first evening of the full moon. Hebrew days are evening to evening.
If you truly don't know where we disagree re-read my answers to your posts. I give very clear Scriptural rebuttals to your views.
Your answer does not make any sense if you understood the Hebrew calander.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No I am saying you are playing a game with the Word of God.

Well this is one of the games people of low character play on this forum....they lie about what people say.

Maybe your counting wrong.....the Passover occurs on the first evening of the full moon. Hebrew days are evening to evening.

Your answer does not make any sense if you understood the Hebrew calander.
You'd better not go there with me. I understand the calendar FAR better than you do.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not a chance
Yes. I very much do. I am the one who has rediscovered the Jewish calendar in use during Biblical times. It is not the same calculated calendar in use today. The one that you obviously still use. You and everyone else who has not fully researched the subject.

Here are my presentations which also include mathematical proof.
Rediscovering the Real Jewish Calendar.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I very much do. I am the one who has rediscovered the Jewish calendar in use during Biblical times. It is not the same calculated calendar in use today. The one that you obviously still use. You and everyone else who has not fully researched the subject.

Here are my presentations which also include mathematical proof.
Rediscovering the Real Jewish Calendar.
When I am discussing the crucifixion I date it using the Gregorian calendar. Because that is what people understand.

The 1st of the Hebrew month is the evening of the New Moon.
People that are not knowledgeable like to focus on the questionable because they can make it anything they want.

Scholars debate when the Hebrew calendar was created and how many times it has changed. For example the word Nisan does not appear in the Torah.

As a whole I go with the timing of Passover as the evening of first full Moon after the Spring Equinox.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I am discussing the crucifixion I date it using the Gregorian calendar. Because that is what people understand.

The 1st of the Hebrew month is the evening of the New Moon.
People that are not knowledgeable like to focus on the questionable because they can make it anything they want.

Scholars debate when the Hebrew calendar was created and how many times it has changed. For example the word Nisan does not appear in the Torah.

As a whole I go with the timing of Passover as the evening of first full Moon after the Spring Equinox.
By your explanation it is obvious you don't have a complete understanding of the topic of the Jewish calendar. There is no debate whatsoever when the Jewish calendar changed. It was mid 4th century AD when Hillel II made it a completely calculated calendar with all its various rules. This is what is used in modern times. But this calendar was not in use during Biblical times.

The calendar during the time of Jesus was based on observation. Each month began based on observation of the first sliver of the new moon. That means a month started AFTER a new moon since a new moon is not visible. The start of the year was based on observation of the ripeness of the winter barley. It was based on environmental conditions which God controlled - not on calculation. But there still was a mathematical pattern to it. Not the one the modern calendar uses though.

The time of the Passover is very clearly set out by God as being on the 14th day of the first month. Nisan 14 is always Passover. It has nothing to do with the Full Moon. Yes, the full moon occurs at that time. But God never said anything about using the full moon for His Feasts.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your explanation it is obvious you don't have a complete understanding of the topic of the Jewish calendar. There is no debate whatsoever when the Jewish calendar changed. It was mid 4th century AD when Hillel II made it a completely calculated calendar with all its various rules. This is what is used in modern times. But this calendar was not in use during Biblical times.
LOL I am talking BC.

The calendar during the time of Jesus was based on observation. Each month began based on observation of the first sliver of the new moon. That means a month started AFTER a new moon since a new moon is not visible. The start of the year was based on observation of the ripeness of the winter barley. It was based on environmental conditions which God controlled - not on calculation. But there still was a mathematical pattern to it. Not the one the modern calendar uses though.
Rosh Chodesh – Hebrew for “head of the month” – is the monthly holiday that celebrates the arrival of the new moon, marking the start of a new month in the Jewish calendar.
Wrong again. And the barley thing and the harvest and Passover is another topic that I am not going to address it.

The time of the Passover is very clearly set out by God as being on the 14th day of the first month. Nisan 14 is always Passover. It has nothing to do with the Full Moon. Yes, the full moon occurs at that time. But God never said anything about using the full moon for His Feasts.
How you count and how God counts must be different. If a person tried to observe the Passover on an evening that did not have a full moon they would either think he was stupid or stone him.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL I am talking BC.

Rosh Chodesh – Hebrew for “head of the month” – is the monthly holiday that celebrates the arrival of the new moon, marking the start of a new month in the Jewish calendar.
Wrong again. And the barley thing and the harvest and Passover is another topic that I am not going to address it.

How you count and how God counts must be different. If a person tried to observe the Passover on an evening that did not have a full moon they would either think he was stupid or stone him.
Thanks for confirming that all of what you understand about the jewish calendar is in error.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your are just laughable....that was not my quote....how many do you want....go away....you are boring me now.
Keep writing wrong information and you will continually be corrected by scripture. I can't believe you can't read the black and white of scripture and still write blatant wrong statements. You are the one who is laughable.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"The Passover begins on the 15th day of the month of Nisan, "

According to scripture:
[Lev 23:5 YLT] 5 in the first month, on the fourteenth of the month, between the evenings, [is] the passover to Jehovah;

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep writing wrong information and you will continually be corrected by scripture. I can't believe you can't read the black and white of scripture and still write blatant wrong statements. You are the one who is laughable.
LOL like you have a clue

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know. Always assumed Jesus was 33 when he died, but some people debate on the day of his birth... just as much as his cruxifcition. All that is known is that a generation of time was 40 years.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to scripture:
[Lev 23:5 YLT] 5 in the first month, on the fourteenth of the month, between the evenings, [is] the passover to Jehovah;
Oh Geeez!!! 1+1 = 2 Elementary stuff!!!
On the evening of the 14th day at twilight is the next day! The Hebrew day starts at twilight! Passover on the 15th day. That evening is the full Moon!
Come on man you are driving me nutz!
Brain on please!

‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight is the LORD’S Passover.

Last edited:

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh Geeez!!! 1+1 = 2 Elementary stuff!!!
On the evening of the 14th day at twilight is the next day! The Hebrew day starts at twilight! Passover on the 15th day. That evening is the full Moon!
Come on man you are driving me nutz!
Brain on please!

‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight is the LORD’S Passover.
You are the one that keeps insisting that Passover is on the 15th. It is NOT. You are the one that cannot read plain words of scripture.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one that keeps insisting that Passover is on the 15th. It is NOT. You are the one that cannot read plain words of scripture.
Oh my! Yes the sun is hot. Water is wet. Rocks are hard.
15 days after the New Moon the full Moon occurs.
Every Passover occurs on the full Moon.
The Passover occurs on the first full Moon after the Summer Equanoz. Count 14 days after the New Moon on that evening at twilight the next Hebrew day start which is 15 days after the New Moon. You can test this yourself. Note the New Moon and count 14 days...that night will be a Full Moon every time.
You need to stop telling people you are knowledgeable about this because you are seriously confused.

1. Passover always begins on the 15th day of the Hebrew month of Nisan. Because the Hebrew months are pegged directly to the lunar cycle, the 15th day of Nisan is always a full moon.

2. Does Passover start on a full moon?
Passover is a spring festival, so the 15th day of Nisan typically begins on the night of a full moon after the northern vernal equin

3. Is Passover celebrated during a full moon?
The Jewish festival of Passover is held on the 15th day of the Hebrew month of Nisan, a lunar month determined by the moon's phases, so Passover is always on a full moon

4. Why is Passover based on full moon?

There is indeed deep astrological significance to the date of Passover. We celebrate the festival of freedom on the 15th of the Jewish month of Nissan.

5. Is the first full moon after the equinox for Passover?
The April full moon is known as the Pink Moon, and since this is the first full moon after the Spring Equinox, it is also known as the Paschal Full Moon, meaning that the following Sunday is Easter. This full moon also marks the beginning of Passover.

6. The festival dates are usually determined by the 15th day of the month of Nisan, which is on the first night of a full moon after the Spring equinox. The holiday can be seven or eight days long with one or two seders. Typically, the holiday is seven days in Israel and eight days everywhere else

Reactions: Christian Gedge

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh my! Yes the sun is hot. Water is wet. Rocks are hard.
15 days after the New Moon the full Moon occurs.
Every Passover occurs on the full Moon.
The Passover occurs on the first full Moon after the Summer Equanoz. Count 14 days after the New Moon on that evening at twilight the next Hebrew day start which is 15 days after the New Moon. You can test this yourself. Note the New Moon and count 14 days...that night will be a Full Moon every time.
You need to stop telling people you are knowledgeable about this because you are seriously confused.

1. Passover always begins on the 15th day of the Hebrew month of Nisan. Because the Hebrew months are pegged directly to the lunar cycle, the 15th day of Nisan is always a full moon.

2. Does Passover start on a full moon?
Passover is a spring festival, so the 15th day of Nisan typically begins on the night of a full moon after the northern vernal equin

3. Is Passover celebrated during a full moon?
The Jewish festival of Passover is held on the 15th day of the Hebrew month of Nisan, a lunar month determined by the moon's phases, so Passover is always on a full moon

4. Why is Passover based on full moon?

There is indeed deep astrological significance to the date of Passover. We celebrate the festival of freedom on the 15th of the Jewish month of Nissan.

5. Is the first full moon after the equinox for Passover?
The April full moon is known as the Pink Moon, and since this is the first full moon after the Spring Equinox, it is also known as the Paschal Full Moon, meaning that the following Sunday is Easter. This full moon also marks the beginning of Passover.

6. The festival dates are usually determined by the 15th day of the month of Nisan, which is on the first night of a full moon after the Spring equinox. The holiday can be seven or eight days long with one or two seders. Typically, the holiday is seven days in Israel and eight days everywhere else
None of what you said matters. God does not identify Passover in any of those ways. And that's the important point. God means what He says and says what He means. He specifically defined Passover to be on the 14th of Nisan. Not the 15th as you claim. There's a very specific reason that it MUST be the 14th. Otherwise you make God out to be a liar.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of what you said matters. God does not identify Passover in any of those ways. And that's the important point. God means what He says and says what He means. He specifically defined Passover to be on the 14th of Nisan. Not the 15th as you claim. There's a very specific reason that it MUST be the 14th. Otherwise you make God out to be a liar.
God was not wrong....you are

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God was not wrong....you are
"The Passover begins on the 15th day of the month of Nisan, "

According to scripture:

It's pretty obvious who is the one who is wrong. The one who can't read plain words.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of what you said matters. God does not identify Passover in any of those ways. And that's the important point. God means what He says and says what He means. He specifically defined Passover to be on the 14th of Nisan. Not the 15th as you claim.

It's on both days.

Luke 22:1 Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.

Lv:23:5: In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover. (KJV)

The day changes from 14 to 15 at even.

Lv:23:6:
And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. (KJV)

The feats of unleavened bread is called Passover, and it's the 15th yet Passover starts at even the 14th.

Ezekiel 45:21 In the first month, in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten.

Passover isn't one day, but seven.

Reactions: Christian Gedge