What was Yahoo's old photo website?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago Yahoo had a photo website. I had some photos, not many, on that site.

I can't remember the name. Anyone remember it? Would like to see if I can bring up those photos.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Years ago Yahoo had a photo website. I had some photos, not many, on that site.

I can't remember the name. Anyone remember it? Would like to see if I can bring up those photos.
I only know of flickr Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks much, that's it!
P.S. I couldn't find my photos....guess I was inactive there for too many years. Didn't have too many anyhow.
I never put photos on it but I used to look at the ones that were there, some so staggeringly wonderful.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I never put photos on it but I used to look at the ones that were there, some so staggeringly wonderful.
I think it may be obsolete now which is a shame.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it may be obsolete now which is a shame.
Well I did get into the site. They had me make a new password. But I couldn't find my photos. They were pretty old though.

My 93 year old, disabled, homebound mom likes me to show her photos of family and friends on my tablet. So I had some photos of Indian friends when I went to the zoo with them on Flickr.... thought she'd like those.

Usually she keeps asking to see the same photos over and over. We have good friends originally from Bangladesh. They love my mom and they send us photos.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was first made available in 2000, and it was discontinued in 2007.
photos.yahoo.com
I wonder if that was when Yahoo offered these gorgeous, scenic eCards.
I used to use the eCards all of the time....they were paintings.

Then one day they were no more!

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well I did get into the site. They had me make a new password. But I couldn't find my photos. They were pretty old though.

My 93 year old, disabled, homebound mom likes me to show her photos of family and friends on my tablet. So I had some photos of Indian friends when I went to the zoo with them on Flickr.... thought she'd like those.

Usually she keeps asking to see the same photos over and over. We have good friends originally from Bangladesh. They love my mom and they send us photos.
I got so far with registering and putting in a password and then nothing.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I wonder if that was when Yahoo offered these gorgeous, scenic eCards.
I used to use the eCards all of the time....they were paintings.

Then one day they were no more!
Yes, Yahoo did offer scenic eCards when photos.yahoo.com was still around. It seems like you have fond memories of using those eCards.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Yahoo did offer scenic eCards when photos.yahoo.com was still around. It seems like you have fond memories of using those eCards.
Yes, I loved those lovely cards.

A cat site had great eCards (pretty animated cats in cute or pretty settings)...they are no more as well.

• Love
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

whitemorning

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The photo website you're thinking of that was operated by Yahoo was called Flickr. Yahoo acquired Flickr in 2005, and it became one of the most popular photo-sharing platforms on the web. Although Yahoo underwent many changes and sold Flickr to SmugMug in 2018, the service is still active. You can visit Flickr and try logging in with your old Yahoo account details to see if your photos are still there. If you have trouble accessing your account, Flickr's customer support might be able to help.

Reactions: Debp and marks

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The photo website you're thinking of that was operated by Yahoo was called Flickr. Yahoo acquired Flickr in 2005, and it became one of the most popular photo-sharing platforms on the web. Although Yahoo underwent many changes and sold Flickr to SmugMug in 2018, the service is still active. You can visit Flickr and try logging in with your old Yahoo account details to see if your photos are still there. If you have trouble accessing your account, Flickr's customer support might be able to help.
I did get into my account some months ago. Transferred photos to my tablet. Didn't realize I had 50 plus photos there.