What you've become in Christ... is not a work you do.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll have to address that to someone whose earlier post referred to self righteousness.
We are all just random names in a hat. :Laughingoutloud:

I am so very thankful HE knows my name and will give me a new one,when he clothes me in white linen and places the crown of HIS righteousness upon my head, saying well done my child, enter into the glories of your Lord !

Makes me wanna SHOUT !

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've worked out what the missing subtext is:

What you become in Christ, is not a work you do... alone.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all just random names in a hat. :Laughingoutloud:

I am so very thankful HE knows my name and will give me a new one,when he clothes me in white linen and places the crown of HIS righteousness upon my head, saying well done my child, enter into the glories of your Lord !

Makes me wanna SHOUT !
Yet, you cast that crown at his feet right after you get it.

We're going to have heads that can wear crowns after we're dead? :dusted:

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Self righteousness, is trying to make self right with God by deeds and wrong faith.

A self righteous person will say.... "God, im keeping this and doing that and so, there is my performance, ... now take me to heaven".

God says... "I'll only save you based on what my Son Jesus did for you on the Cross". "Hell is being filled by law and commandment keepers who are water baptized".

Reader, who is going to win that disagreement?
The jews have not attained to the law of righteousness .
WHY
cause they sought it as it were by the works of the law
THERE is but one way , one name alone whereby a man can be justified , made righteous .
That name is JESUS CHRIST .
Unto those who profess Him and yet honor their sins , THESE DO NOT KNOW HIM but rather
they follow another jesus . And that one cannot save them .
A few examples .
The give me that money for i am kings kid prosperity fellow . THEMS do not know or love JESUS .
For of whom a man is overcome of that is he brought unto bondage .
The love of money be the root of all evil .
Or the rainbow jesus . The i am a gay christain group . Those who honor their sin
DO Not know JESUS and follow another jesus , another god .
The largest group of all is the false inclusive love ones . They holler a truth taken out of text .
For they do say GOD IS LOVE , and HE IS , but follow a version of love that honors sins and others paths to GOD .
Thus IT BE FALSE and will not save them .
A friendly reminder to all today . IF THE god we follow omits the dire necessity to have to believe on CHRIST JESUS
it aint GOD it be the dragon who loveth to lie .
If the god we follow serves the lusts of the flesh , then you must understand why i did not captilize that god . CAUSE it aint GOD .
Some folks know this already , but more and more are showing they have believed in vain
and are quickly coming out from amongst the true lambs and true doctrine , true gospel of Christ Jesus .
And this lamb is gonna continually expose this stuff . TO JESUS CHRIST ALONE let the lambs POINT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, you cast that crown at his feet right after you get it.

We're going to have heads that can wear crowns after we're dead? :dusted:
I am at the assumption you already know what i am about to type .
But i am gonna type it anyway as a reminder for all .
This message is , never forget that them crowns come at the end of our faith .
we got way too many who sat under kings kid syndrome and already walk around with crowns on their heads .
Forgetting quickly that while JESUS was upon the earth , the world gave him a crown of thorns .
And if the world persecuted JESUS CHRIST , let us know and understand that we are not ABOVE OUR MASTER .
IT WILL PERSECUTE US TOO . Never forget that . Ye have been appointed unto persecutions
and tribulations in this world . Too many believe in the mentality
I am a kings kid now , now i demand my bently and penthouse and air port in His name , cause THAT is what is owed to me .
A lover of self can never be a lover of GOD or of His CHRIST
for he will cling to self and serve the god of the mirror . That aint the god folks want to be serving .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Paul says that this type of Christian is "fallen from Grace".. "in the Flesh".. and "Bewitched"..... = A Legalist.
And DONT forget , and CHRIST SHALL PROFIT YOU NOTHING . This is no place anyone wants to be .
We better start using all grave reminders and not just picking and choosing what to say and how to twist what to say .
I am telling us all that if One returns to the pit and is overcome , aka dies in that state
The Work of Christ and HIS salvation WILL NOT PROFIT such a one for they have DENIED HE WHO came to save .
Folks better get back in bibles and start getting much more grave about things .
cause i am watching an approach that is gravy and wont savy none or help to build them up either .
Every warning is not to be omitted nor twisted to fit any mans doctrine .
ITS ALL FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN CHRIST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Paul says that this type of Christian is "fallen from Grace".. "in the Flesh".. and "Bewitched"..... = A Legalist.
They are bewitched . And paul knew something .
WHY did paul so often correct , warn , remind the church .
LEST THE TEMPTOR have tempted you and our labor be IN VAIN . THATS WHY BEHOLD .
OSAS has made a serious mistake by removing the warnings necessary to help remind the church .
Never have i seen a group become more lukewarm through SOME of its twisted teachings .
WE better TEACH all things LIKE JESUS and the aspostels did . ITS THERE FOR A REASON
to KEEP THE CHURCH SAFE . IT WAS ALL INSPIRED BY GOD behold . SO folks need to stop
listening to those who try and twist such warnings to fit an acroymn .
And rather SIMPLY LEARN AND TRUST IN CHRIST ALONE , THOSE SPIRIT INSPIRED WORDS
Which by the SPIRIT given unto believers will KEEP US BUILT UP and safe .
ALL warnings , all reminders are FOR OUR GOOD BEHOLD . but i have watched men of OSAS
twist those doctrines unto serious destruction . Let us get back in those bibles .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to hyper grace....
FB_IMG_1688501234152.jpg
This means as Jesus said @ 12 y. o., we must be about the Father's business !

Reactions: amigo de christo

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All else, to show our Faith is IN HIM, is our discipleship or stewardship of the word of God and it is in the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus, for how shall they be saved unless we share that "good news" with a lost, dying world in unbelief!

This is our work, prepared for by Christ and manifested by the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers!

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All else, to show our Faith is IN HIM, is our discipleship or stewardship of the word of God and it is in the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus, for how shall they be saved unless we share that "good news" with a lost, dying world in unbelief!

This is our work, prepared for by Christ and manifested by the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers!

Of course.

But all that doing is Discipleship, not Salvation.

Salvation is Jesus on the Cross, and you can't "do" that One.
You have to receive that One by Faith.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course.

But all that doing is Discipleship, not Salvation.

Salvation is Jesus on the Cross, and you can't "do" that One.
You have to receive that One by Faith.
I agree.
Maybe a teaching on "Discipleship would be a better thing to discuss.
There are many proponents of salvation, born again, regeneration, ect. but  few want to discuss what it means to follow Jesus !

ps. Jesus left the cross and now sits at the right hand of the Father! No longer is he "hanging" there and by his D, B and Resurrection can we be saved!