What you've become in Christ... is not a work you do.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
1.) If a believer is "sinning and confessing"..... then they don't understand the Cross of Christ or the Blood Atonement, or the New Covenant, yet.

So, that is the "natural mind" not understanding the 'new Covenant".. or the Grace of God, or being = "made righteous".

If i say that all the born again should think of themselves as this..........as Paul teaches...

= ""I am the Righteousness of God...In Christ""........then their carnal mind will think.....>>"how can i DO that".??..<<??

They will think of " doing it", because their un-renewed mind does not understand = "NEW CREATION"..."IN CHRIST"< Is not what you DO.
Its who you have eternally become,already... as = born again.
See, being now "the Temple of Holy Spirit" is not something you do for yourself.

2.) When a person is born again, they have literally been born again by the Holy Spirit of God, into the Holy Spirit of God. = '"one with God". "In Christ".

"God is A Spirit". and the CHRISTian is "born again" = spiritually.

The reason this is also know as "IN Christ" is because Jesus is God manifested in the Flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16

By being born again....They are now IN the Kingdom of God. They exist "in Christ"..."""seated in heavenly places"""", as "ONE with God".

And...While still on this earth, the born again exist as.. = "As Christ is...so are the born again, in...this...world".

A.)
This isn't mental ascension or "behavior modification self makeover",.... Reader

As That stuff is taught by self righteous fakirs who dont understand being 'Made Righteous" is not what you do, its this..."The New Creation, in Christ" is the result of being born again.

And....regarding the born again.... They are literally become a "NEW CREATION"....located in the 3rd Heaven, while still down here typing on a phone or keyboard, inside a body that is "dead because of sin"... that will be replaced sooner than you think.

Are you ready to meet the Lord ??

A.) Stay ready.

The un-renewed mind can't see any of that eternal reality, and exists as... the mind of the flesh.... the carnal minded believer.

This means they will try to explain being born again, exactly as an unbeliever would try to explain it.
This means they will try to exist as a Christian, exactly as an unbeliever would try to DO it, as in both cases neither understand having become "a new creation, in Christ", as "the Righteousness of God, in Christ".

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Praise God.....Amen!!

Thank you Jesus.
-
-
New International Version
For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

New Living Translation
For in him we live and move and exist. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

English Standard Version
for “‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’

Berean Literal Bible
For in Him we live and move and are.' As also some of the poets among you have said, 'For we are also His offspring.'

King James Bible
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

New King James Version
for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’

New American Standard Bible
for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His descendants.’

Amplified Bible
For in Him we live and move and exist [that is, in Him we actually have our being], as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
On The Cross, before the Lord died, He said...

"it is finished".

What is that?

A.) Salvation

What does that mean? It means you can't do that for yourself.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What you've become in Christ... is not a work you do.​

OP ^

Correct.
A mans WORK is Belief.
A mans SERVICE is Heartfully Confessing his Belief and in Truth Laying down his bodily LIFE unto the Lord God, as a once and forever Testimony of his Belief.

God does the WORKS of “changing” that man.
Mans “works” thereafter are to be a “reflection” of Gods Works that Glorify God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"what a Born again Christian has to do., and  you have to maintain it."Behold #1

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

1.) If a believer is "sinning and confessing"..... then they don't understand the Cross of Christ or the Blood Atonement.

So, that is the "natural mind" not understanding the 'new Covenant".. or the Grace of God, or being "made righteous".

If i say that all the born again should think of themselves as this..........

""I am the Righteousness of God...In Christ""........then their carnal mind will think.....>>"how can i DO that".??..<<??

They will think of " doing it", because their un-renewed mind does not understand = "NEW CREATION"..."IN CHRIST"< Is not what you DO.
Its who you have eternally become,already... as born again.
See, being now "the Temple of Holy Spirit" is not something you do for yourself.

2.) When a person is born again, they have literally been born again by the Holy Spirit of God, into the Holy Spirit of God.

"God is A Spirit". and the CHRISTian is "born again" = spiritually.

The reason this is also know as "IN Christ" is because Jesus is God.

By being born again....They are now IN the Kingdom of God. They exist "in Christ"..."""seated in heavenly places"""", as "ONE with God".

And...While still on this earth, the born again exist as..

= "As Christ is...so are the born again, in...this...world".

A.)
This isn't mental ascension or "behavior modification self makeover",.... Reader

That stuff is taught by self righteous fakirs who dont understand being 'Made Righteous" is not what you do, its this..."The New Creation, in Christ".

And....regarding the born again.... They are literally become a "NEW CREATION"....located in the 3rd Heaven, while still down here typing on a phone or keyboard, inside a body that is "dead because of sin"... that will be replaced sooner than you think.

Are you ready ??

A.) Stay ready.

The un-renewed mind can't see any of that eternal reality, and exists as... the mind of the flesh.

This means they will try to explain being born again, exactly as an unbeliever would try to explain it.
This means they will try to exist as a Christian, exactly as an unbeliever would try to DO it.
I think it's important to be honest with ourselves and God, we are not righteous or Good, God is. And he blesses us with the Holy Spirit to guide us to do the will of the Father and Christ. We may stumble from time to time and because of that it is important to confess our true nature, and that is a sinner. The bible supports this type of worship of God, and to accept our nature as fallen man, we may someday be made perfect in God, but perhaps not until after we die and are made as the angels of God.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"what a Born again Christian has to do., and  you have to maintain it."Behold #1

If "doing all that" can't "save you to begin with", then "not doing it" won't impact what God has given that is our Eternal Salvation.

If you can figure out that works, water, commandments, and law, can't save you, then you'll be able, hopefully, to understand that not doing any of those has no impact on Salvation, because Salvation is JESUS Himself.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think it's important to be honest with ourselves and God, we are not righteous or Good,

Correct.

We of ourselves are not good, we are definitely not righteous.

So, as this is the case, why would anyone try to falsely believe that they can change that by your "self" effort?

See, the eternal issue it this..

God is Righteous. and we are unrighteous.

God is Holy, as we have SIN.

"The end".

So, Because we are THAT,.... God can't have us, until we become righteous, and He offers Jesus on the Cross to deal without our sin, and then God will give us.

"the GIFT of Righteousness"..

This is to become a born again, "New Creation in Christ"..,,, a CHRISTian.

There is no going to Heaven, until that has happened to us.

To become a CHRISTian.... Jesus said.. "you must be BORN again".

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

We of ourselves are not good, we are definitely not righteous.

So, as this is the case, why would anyone try to falsely believe that they can change that by your "self" effort?

See, the eternal issue it this..

God is Righteous. and we are unrighteous.

God is Holy, as we have SIN.

"The end".

So, Because we are THAT,.... God can't have us, until we become righteous, and He offers Jesus on the Cross to deal without our sin, and then God will give us.

"the GIFT of Righteousness"..

This is to become a born again, "New Creation in Christ"..,,, a CHRISTian.

There is no going to Heaven, until that has happened to us.

To become a CHRISTian.... Jesus said.. "you must be BORN again".
Yes, and we can see that to be true since the "Holy Spirit" was not given to us until after the atonement. Only after that could the "Holy Spirit" reside with people that aren't "Holy".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If "doing all that" can't "save you to begin with", then "not doing it" won't impact what God has given that is our Eternal Salvation.

If you can figure out that works, water, commandments, and law, can't save you, then you'll be able, hopefully, to understand that not doing any of those has no impact on Salvation, because Salvation is JESUS Himself.
Amen!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, and we can see that to be true since the "Holy Spirit" was not given to us until after the atonement.

The Holy Spirit is not given to anyone until they do this, dev553344

A.) Jesus said..,"you must be Born again".

See that "BORN...,= again"?

That is birth #2..... in the Spirit........as you already had birth #1, and you can thank your mama for that ONE.

Now each of us has to have a 2nd Birth, or we will not go to Heaven after we die.

= A Spiritual Birth that God performs, ... And He does this when we TRUST IN CHRIST ., knowing we are a sinner, needing to be forgiven all our sin.

"all that call on the name of Jesus shall be Saved"

"as many as Received JESUS by Faith, God gives unto them the POWER to BECOME,.....a Son of God"

"Jesus said.., ALL that believe in me, i give unto them eternal life, and they shall never go to Hell, (perish).

"Faith, is counted as righteousness"... This means that when you go to the Cross, knowing your need of salvation, trusting in Christ alone to Save you, then God accepts your FAITH.... and will give you His Salvation.

"The GIFT of Salvation"
"The Gift of Righteousness"

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is not given to anyone until they do this, dev553344

A.) Jesus said..,"you must be Born again".

See that "BORN...,= again"?

That is birth #2..... in the Spirit........as you already had birth #1, and you can thank your mama for that ONE.

Now each of us has to have a 2nd Birth, or we will not go to Heaven after we die.

= A Spiritual Birth that God performs, ... And He does this when we TRUST IN CHRIST ., knowing we are a sinner, needing to be forgiven all our sin.

"all that call on the name of Jesus shall be Saved"

"as many as Received JESUS by Faith, God gives unto them the POWER to BECOME,.....a Son of God"

"Jesus said.., ALL that believe in me, i give unto them eternal life, and they shall never go to Hell, (perish).

"Faith, is counted as righteousness"... This means that when you go to the Cross, knowing your need of salvation, trusting in Christ alone to Save you, then God accepts your FAITH.... and will give you His Salvation.

"The GIFT of Salvation"
"The Gift of Righteousness"
I follow biblical teachings. The bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is given after baptism at confirmation thru the laying on of hands and praying over us by the elders of our churches. Being born again comes after that.

Acts 8:15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. 18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, 19 saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I follow biblical teachings. The bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is given after baptism at confirmation

So, you are taught that if you are in the middle of the Desert, (no water) you can't become a Christian.

That's interesting, isn't it.

And you are taught that the Dying Thief (next to Christ on the Cross) who is in Heaven now, and not water baptized.... is....

Ummmm.
Hummmm.
welll.

Ok, but......,,

So, you have to get out of all that, and just deal with the SIN issue.

Sin is the curse, the CROSS is the only Cure.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are taught that if you are in the middle of the Desert, (no water) you can't become a Christian.

That's interesting, isn't it.

And you are taught that the Dying Thief (next to Christ on the Cross) who is in Heaven now, and not water baptized.... is....

Ummmm.
Hummmm.
welll.

Ok, but......,,

So, you have to get out of all that, and just deal with the SIN issue.

Sin is the curse, the CROSS is the only Cure.
Stick to your own sins @Behold, it's not proper to address mine as you are not my authority. But some can receive the Holy Ghost before being baptized but they have been commanded to become baptized to fulfill righteousness too.

Acts 10: 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.

Then Peter answered, 47 “Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all die one of 2 ways.

"in our sin"

or

"forgiven".

And being born again, is the only proof your sins are forgiven.

water can't do that for you.

Why?

Because WATER BAPTISM, did not die on the Cross for your sin, Dev553344.
You should have really quoted the entire post that I had made. If a person has not been baptized then they are not following the commandments.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You should have really quoted the entire post that I had made. If a person has not been baptized then they are not following the commandments.

I was born again, 11 yrs before i was water baptized.

The member "Pearl" here, is about the same... i think she was WBtsd 9 yrs after she was Born again.

Ok then, we've had a nice discussion, dev553344..

-thank you.

Reactions: dev553344

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John chapter 3, every one must be born one time in the flesh, to decide to follow satan or Jesus. Only a few have holy spirit. God's Election have holy spirit, documentation, romans chapter 8, chapter 11, Isaiah chapter 6, first Peter chapter 1. Some people have spirit of slumber. Not everyone has the holy spirit. God placed spirt of stupor on many people. Those who do have holy spirit, are equipped with different gifts and abilities. To produce fruit for God. Many lost souls are headed for hell. Those who have spirtual sight should be producing fruit for God. Those who have spirit of slumber are different story. Revelation chapter 20, the spirituality dead will be taught during millennium.