What's becomming of our Country ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i also agree. its not right to try and force someone to not sin or be morally decent.
when i lived in Europe it was legal in many countries, if you wanted to get with a hooker you went to a business. and it didnt lead to mass debauchery all around.
IMO who really cares. there are more important issues. our government is ran by maniacs and the media makes a big deal out of prostitution, marijuana and gay marriage.
Just a quick word...
Re gay marriage.
It shouldn't be called marriage.
God created marriage,,,it has a specific meaning.
MAN cannot change that meaning.
It's wrong for two of the SS to be Married.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO who really cares. there are more important issues. our government is ran by maniacs...

Those maniacs were put into position to accomplish what has been written.

Romans 13
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

And the issues may seem important, but they're not our issues.

2 Timothy 2
4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

The government, regardless of which one, is an institution of the world and is not a friend of those who name Jesus, Lord.

Just a thought...

Reactions: bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem you bring up is a very serious problem.
These girls are held AGAINST their will. As far as I'm concerned the law should be after these persons who are trafiking in HUMAN BEINGS.

I'd rather see all effort go towards this then to do the EASY thing and keep after those who are consensual.

This is a big problem in Europe, for instance, and probably in the states too. Who knows how many girls would like to flee from this life of slavery and there's no one to help them.

Let those that consent be in a confined area and where I don't have to see them. This would also help to cut down on the illegal practice, I think - not sure.
the subject is about legalizing correct? and the last comment is to show in the US legalizing s far hasn't changed a thing, get it?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens in the west is observed by all the world. We are a beacon on a hill on one hand, and a red light district on the other. Either way the world is watching and following.

Nonetheless, "My strength is made perfect in weakness", and even though many "meant evil against me... God meant it for good."

Reactions: Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just a quick word...
Re gay marriage.
It shouldn't be called marriage.
God created marriage,,,it has a specific meaning.
MAN cannot change that meaning.

It's wrong for two of the SS to be Married.

Agree
It is impossible!!
Marriage is a shadow type of Christ and His Bride...I believe that is why Satan hates it so much...and he will always try to ruin and nullify marriage...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Agree
It is impossible!!
Marriage is a shadow type of Christ and His Bride...I believe that is why Satan hates it so much...and he will always try to ruin and nullify marriage...
Right.
The enemy hates strong families ... they're the backbone of a society.
He loves divorce and discord.
Children suffering because the parents are divorced.
Children trying to handle extended families.
No one even desires marriage anymore.
Everyone is fearful of marriage.
I like your second sentence and agree.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
might be helpful to see that it is "civil marriage" being debated, a legal contract iow, not a spiritual one under God.
It's not called a "spiritual contract".

A contract with man = A covenant with God.
A promise with man = An oath with God.

Marriage cannot be dissolved because it's a Covenant with God, not a contract. A husband and wife is forever; Jesus said so.
(there are some rare exceptions)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It's not called a "spiritual contract".
yes, exactly my point; it is not a spiritual contract, but a legal one. "Marriage" in the legal sense, just like you go to a "church," in the legal sense.
A contract with man = A covenant with God.
A promise with man = An oath with God.

Marriage cannot be dissolved because it's a Covenant with God, not a contract. A husband and wife is forever; Jesus said so.
(there are some rare exceptions)
So, the term marriage has been appropriated, and it means something different to the state, a different meaning for the same term is being used. So what believers are really doing is identifying with the law, in resisting legal marriages (or getting marriage certificates, for that matter). Not saying that that is bad or good, necessarily.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
yes, exactly my point; it is not a spiritual contract, but a legal one. "Marriage" in the legal sense, just like you go to a "church," in the legal sense.
So, the term marriage has been appropriated, and it means something different to the state, a different meaning for the same term is being used. So what believers are really doing is identifying with the law, in resisting legal marriages (or getting marriage certificates, for that matter). Not saying that that is bad or good, necessarily.
Are you saying a Christian marriage should be celebrated only in a church and a civil marriage only in a court of law?

No. A marriage is a marriage. It's civil because it also has to be shared with a community. It's a religious ceremony that has to be recognized by society. It doesn't only concern the two getting married, but their familes and friends and community.

That's why the priest or pastor says "we are gathered here"...

If SS persons want to get "married" THEY have to find a new term, not we Christians.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If SS persons want to get "married" THEY have to find a new term, not we Christians.
ha well understand that i pretty much agree with you, ok, only we do not get to define "marriage," and there is our def, and then there is the legal def, and these ppl are seeking a legal marriage, not a spiritual one. So, you say "a marriage is a marriage," but even the dictionary recognizes the other kinds of "marriage" that we are not considering here. Although i agree that terming it "marriage" is strictly a slap in the face, and "union" or "partnership" would have sufficed; but that would not have divided us, see, which is really the point there i guess.

Reactions: pia

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before we get carried away here, let us remember Paul's words to the Cori thians: It is good for a man to live alone. But if a man is not able to control his members it is better that he marry. A perfect solution to heterosexual men. But if a homosexual man becomes a Born Again Christian and can't control his members what does HE do? Face it. The only reason that many Christians are so righteous is because they realised they could not control there members the way they expect homosexuals to do to be 'OK" and got married. Like duh. So in regards to as marriages I don't have a fixed view on it. But if homosexual Christians are indeed sexually celebrate they are better then a lot of married heterosexual Christians. But marriage laws are made by politicians. Not by homosexuals.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before we get carried away here, let us remember Paul's words to the Cori thians: It is good for a man to live alone. But if a man is not able to control his members it is better that he marry. A perfect solution to heterosexual men. But if a homosexual man becomes a Born Again Christian and can't control his members what does HE do? Face it. The only reason that many Christians are so righteous is because they realised they could not control there members the way they expect homosexuals to do to be 'OK" and got married. Like duh. So in regards to as marriages I don't have a fixed view on it. But if homosexual Christians are indeed sexually celebrate they are better then a lot of married heterosexual Christians. But marriage laws are made by politicians. Not by homosexuals.

Homosexuality is a sin. Teaching others that it is normal and should be accepted is also a sin.

That's what needs to be remembered.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Homosexuality is a sin. Teaching others that it is normal and should be accepted is also a sin.

this is the religious pov, and while i certainly don't disagree with you, there are civil/moral considerations that should be considered also. Our personal judgement is not legitimate grounds for oppressing other people, as we have always done in this matter in the past. Judgement is a bigger sin iow.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual sexuality is a sin, just as heterosexual sexuality is a sin if committed outside of marriage. So. Is pedophilia a sin. But pedophilia is.more acceptable sad to say. I have seen two examples of pedophilia being accepted by esteemed spiritual church authorities and I was not taken seriously when I complained of being cruised by a homosexual Christian. There are also the examples. Of a child being told by the adult the child confided in, that the pastor is a deeply caring and loving MSN and would not commit acts of pedophilia against him/her. Just so that the adult won't lose the pastor. So.if one is to be against homosexual and pedophile sexuality then it ought to be in word and deed. But you won brownie points as gay marriage is wrong because of the hosexual sexuality in existence but if homosexuals are not accepted if they are sexually abstinate while pedophiles can do no wrong even when children denounce them, then assemblies are built on a foundation of sand instead of a foundation of rock. The foundation of rock being Jesus.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha well understand that i pretty much agree with you, ok, only we do not get to define "marriage," and there is our def, and then there is the legal def, and these ppl are seeking a legal marriage, not a spiritual one. So, you say "a marriage is a marriage," but even the dictionary recognizes the other kinds of "marriage" that we are not considering here. Although i agree that terming it "marriage" is strictly a slap in the face, and "union" or "partnership" would have sufficed; but that would not have divided us, see, which is really the point there i guess.
Who gets to define marriage?
Atheists who don't even believe in God?
Who created marriage in the first place?
Are we allowed to change what God made?
Did you ever hear:
What God has joined together let no man put assuner?
Or that man must leave mother and father and cleave to his wife?

What other laws of God do you think we could break with no effect?

NONE!!!
Every law you break that God made will have some effect on someone.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Marriage laws are made by God.
How could we not know this?

I do understand your point.
I leave everything to God. I know two that have been together for over 40 years and would not even think of getting married because they're Christian! They go to mass and participate.

Some heterosexual persons cheat all the time.
Abandon their wives/husbands and children and cause much grief.
God will know the right thing to do.

I'm not advocating easy homosexuality, I'm just saying that I understand the problem.
Ditto for divorced persons who are never supposed to get married again. It's a difficult subject...

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual sexuality is a sin, just as heterosexual sexuality is a sin if committed outside of marriage. So. Is pedophilia a sin. But pedophilia is.more acceptable sad to say. I have seen two examples of pedophilia being accepted by esteemed spiritual church authorities and I was not taken seriously when I complained of being cruised by a homosexual Christian. There are also the examples. Of a child being told by the adult the child confided in, that the pastor is a deeply caring and loving MSN and would not commit acts of pedophilia against him/her. Just so that the adult won't lose the pastor. So.if one is to be against homosexual and pedophile sexuality then it ought to be in word and deed. But you won brownie points as gay marriage is wrong because of the hosexual sexuality in existence but if homosexuals are not accepted if they are sexually abstinate while pedophiles can do no wrong even when children denounce them, then assemblies are built on a foundation of sand instead of a foundation of rock. The foundation of rock being Jesus.

FYI there is no such thing as a homosexual Christian a wolf in the place for sheep maybe, but certainly no follower in Christ. you better get used to it if you are going to continue to attend such places, they are the wicked in the name of church. tearing at everything they hate, which of course is the Righteousness of the Lord. this will be very trying times for the few my friend, its going to get worse.

this society, western culture, was started in Greece /Rome and back in the days of Peter and Paul romans would give their own children to pedophiles that were prominent to gain influence and success for themselves, and it was acceptable to do so. so this same people are returning to their own ways, and doing the best they can to eliminate God's influences in this society, and declare themselves victims, every time some one says their ways are wrong immoral or evil. they're on a mission and the law protects their ways. the party's over, and all the focus is going back to Israel.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
FYI there is no such thing as a homosexual Christian a wolf in the place for sheep maybe, but certainly no follower in Christ. you better get used to it if you are going to continue to attend such places, they are the wicked in the name of church. tearing at everything they hate, which of course is the Righteousness of the Lord. this will be very trying times for the few my friend, its going to get worse.

this society, western culture, was started in Greece /Rome and back in the days of Peter and Paul romans would give their own children to pedophiles that were prominent to gain influence and success for themselves, and it was acceptable to do so. so this same people are returning to their own ways, and doing the best they can to eliminate God's influences in this society, and declare themselves victims, every time some one says their ways are wrong immoral or evil. they're on a mission and the law protects their ways. the party's over, and all the focus is going back to Israel.
Are you saying a person can't be a homosexual and a Christian?
Of course he can.
Why would he not be able to??
He just has to follow all the same commandments we do.

B

Butterfly

I wonder if I can add something- but just a prospective.........
I got married at the age of 21 years old, neither me or my husband were Christian- I came to faith three years into my marriage, my husband never came to faith. 24years into the marriage I found out that he was having an affair, but God laid it on my heart to forgive- but the marriage was never the same. Three years later , I remember it so clearly, the Holy Spirit laid three words on my heart' let him go ' - I had no idea why, or what it was linked to. Two days later the Holy Spirit laid a command on my heart ' ask Jeff about his secrets' - at first I did not obey, but then the command came again. I picked up courage and asked him, he had no choice but to admit to having another affair.
I had valued my marriage, and longed for the day he would come to faith. However God knew that I could not end my marriage without his permission- in that moment I knew that the words ' let him go ' was God saying ' it's okay' - my 27 year old marriage ended. Now two years later my eldest son took a massive overdose- he was so burdened. He thankfully survived and three months later fell into my arms in tears and confessed that my ex had shared his secret affairs with him since he was 16 years old ( he was 27years old when he told me ) I found out that night that my ex had been unfaithful for over 16 years with many different women.
My marriage had been a lie. Two months after my marriage ended, he became engaged to his new partner- we had not even discussed divorce. There is more to the story, but the grief and pain I felt when my marriage died was so deep it took much healing, but God used it all to heal so much more within me. I have come alongside so many Christian women who have abusive marriage, who have divorced and been heartbroken- but what adds to their heartache is the judgments of other Christians - I have yet to meet one Christian women who wanted to divorce, who wanted their marriages to die.
I am grateful that I encountered a compassionate and caring savour throughout my own experience- but boy do other Christians who have not walked that path find it so easy to condemn.
I do not share this in defence of anything I have done- God knows my heart, situation and I have peace about the whole thing.............
I agree that Satan wants to destroy marriages, but abuse within marriage can equally destroy children. For those of you who have true Godly husbands, embrace and be thankful - for it is a true blessing and one that not all people have. Xxxxxxx
Butterfly