What's becomming of our Country ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It can be a very difficult subject. I was never really allowed to marry, because as a man I could not meet the financial needs of my family. And a married man who does not meet the financial needs of his family is worse then an infidel. So I was obliged to be a celibate. Marraige was out of the question for me since God hated infidels and I'd be worse then them. So I stayed single and now I am terrified of what is termed longterm relationships such as marraig due to upbringing by an excessively narcissistic parent who was quite likely too ill to have raised me anyway. But it is often that people don't understand my views because I am quite deep in my thinking. But God created marraige. But politicians make the laws based on a selfish desire to stay in power in a nonChristian world. Even Christian politicians do that. As one of them told me:" I,m a Christian to the degree that it does not interfere with the Constitution." So even Christian politicians are making the laws for marraige that were not those God made. On a personal note I learned that it was important to honor thy Father and Thy mother. So when I read that a man was to leave his father and mother to be joined to his wife I considerred that cruel. Unfortunately the parent who was the alleged moral authority was excessively narcissistic and no way was interested in God and a whole lot of other things that were essential to me being a child and growing up to be an adult. Everything had to center aaaround the parent . So that law was violated. And I as a concequence sufferred immensely. So youi are right. How many of God's laws can be broken without anybody being hurt by the rewriting of them by politicians? It doesn't take many! And when the number is augmented one gets to see the result of such a horror story. I am such a result. But most decision makers are interested in that which will please the adult community with total disregard for concequences for children and other vulnerable people who are not heard on voting day. So based on the last USA Federal election children are not important . Nor will they be. Now others who are vulnerable human beings. So God made the laws. Man changes them even if those men are Christians.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I wonder if I can add something- but just a prospective.........
I got married at the age of 21 years old, neither me or my husband were Christian- I came to faith three years into my marriage, my husband never came to faith. 24years into the marriage I found out that he was having an affair, but God laid it on my heart to forgive- but the marriage was never the same. Three years later , I remember it so clearly, the Holy Spirit laid three words on my heart' let him go ' - I had no idea why, or what it was linked to. Two days later the Holy Spirit laid a command on my heart ' ask Jeff about his secrets' - at first I did not obey, but then the command came again. I picked up courage and asked him, he had no choice but to admit to having another affair.
I had valued my marriage, and longed for the day he would come to faith. However God knew that I could not end my marriage without his permission- in that moment I knew that the words ' let him go ' was God saying ' it's okay' - my 27 year old marriage ended. Now two years later my eldest son took a massive overdose- he was so burdened. He thankfully survived and three months later fell into my arms in tears and confessed that my ex had shared his secret affairs with him since he was 16 years old ( he was 27years old when he told me ) I found out that night that my ex had been unfaithful for over 16 years with many different women.
My marriage had been a lie. Two months after my marriage ended, he became engaged to his new partner- we had not even discussed divorce. There is more to the story, but the grief and pain I felt when my marriage died was so deep it took much healing, but God used it all to heal so much more within me. I have come alongside so many Christian women who have abusive marriage, who have divorced and been heartbroken- but what adds to their heartache is the judgments of other Christians - I have yet to meet one Christian women who wanted to divorce, who wanted their marriages to die.
I am grateful that I encountered a compassionate and caring savour throughout my own experience- but boy do other Christians who have not walked that path find it so easy to condemn.
I do not share this in defence of anything I have done- God knows my heart, situation and I have peace about the whole thing.............
I agree that Satan wants to destroy marriages, but abuse within marriage can equally destroy children. For those of you who have true Godly husbands, embrace and be thankful - for it is a true blessing and one that not all people have. Xxxxxxx
Butterfly
Amen Butterfly.
I have divorced friends and one with almost the same exact situation as you explain. Putting that burden on your son is just going over the line...
I say that it takes two to tango. When one stops, the dance is over.
If both are not committed, it will not work.
God has blessed you with understanding.
(I do think divorce is terrible for all the reasons you've stated)

Reactions: Helen

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder if I can add something- but just a prospective.........
I got married at the age of 21 years old, neither me or my husband were Christian- I came to faith three years into my marriage, my husband never came to faith. 24years into the marriage I found out that he was having an affair, but God laid it on my heart to forgive- but the marriage was never the same. Three years later , I remember it so clearly, the Holy Spirit laid three words on my heart' let him go ' - I had no idea why, or what it was linked to. Two days later the Holy Spirit laid a command on my heart ' ask Jeff about his secrets' - at first I did not obey, but then the command came again. I picked up courage and asked him, he had no choice but to admit to having another affair.
I had valued my marriage, and longed for the day he would come to faith. However God knew that I could not end my marriage without his permission- in that moment I knew that the words ' let him go ' was God saying ' it's okay' - my 27 year old marriage ended. Now two years later my eldest son took a massive overdose- he was so burdened. He thankfully survived and three months later fell into my arms in tears and confessed that my ex had shared his secret affairs with him since he was 16 years old ( he was 27years old when he told me ) I found out that night that my ex had been unfaithful for over 16 years with many different women.
My marriage had been a lie. Two months after my marriage ended, he became engaged to his new partner- we had not even discussed divorce. There is more to the story, but the grief and pain I felt when my marriage died was so deep it took much healing, but God used it all to heal so much more within me. I have come alongside so many Christian women who have abusive marriage, who have divorced and been heartbroken- but what adds to their heartache is the judgments of other Christians - I have yet to meet one Christian women who wanted to divorce, who wanted their marriages to die.
I am grateful that I encountered a compassionate and caring savour throughout my own experience- but boy do other Christians who have not walked that path find it so easy to condemn.
I do not share this in defence of anything I have done- God knows my heart, situation and I have peace about the whole thing.............
I agree that Satan wants to destroy marriages, but abuse within marriage can equally destroy children. For those of you who have true Godly husbands, embrace and be thankful - for it is a true blessing and one that not all people have. Xxxxxxx
Butterfly
You could have ended your marraige after his first sexual affair. He committed adultry and when Jesus was on the earth, adultry was the only legitimate reason for divorce according to Jesus. I too hate the judgement women face upon becoming divorced. You are divorced. Don't want to know why. It is enough that you are a divorced woman. It is the same with homosexuals. "Divorced" and "homosexual " are two words that bring about instant judgement from the Christian community without even wanting to know if their judgement is justified. I always asked if adultry was involved in a divorce between Christians when hearing it from a third party. Always got "no" as an answer. Divorcee bashing? Yet you had every right to divorce that unfaithful man. Has my blood boiling since that is a rule for divorce that many Christians are happy to ignore. Not my case though. I'm sorry for all you went through.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual sexuality is a sin, just as heterosexual sexuality is a sin if committed outside of marriage. So. Is pedophilia a sin. But pedophilia is.more acceptable sad to say. I have seen two examples of pedophilia being accepted by esteemed spiritual church authorities and I was not taken seriously when I complained of being cruised by a homosexual Christian. There are also the examples. Of a child being told by the adult the child confided in, that the pastor is a deeply caring and loving MSN and would not commit acts of pedophilia against him/her. Just so that the adult won't lose the pastor. So.if one is to be against homosexual and pedophile sexuality then it ought to be in word and deed. But you won brownie points as gay marriage is wrong because of the hosexual sexuality in existence but if homosexuals are not accepted if they are sexually abstinate while pedophiles can do no wrong even when children denounce them, then assemblies are built on a foundation of sand instead of a foundation of rock. The foundation of rock being Jesus.

You're arguing semantics.

The Word of God condemns both homosexuality and pedophilia.

It's that simple.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Every law you break that God made will have some effect on someone.
yes, so imo the oppression suffered upon homosexuals by the religious should be considered in this light, and the fact that there is also a counterfeit, "legal" definition of marriage should be understood. Most--exceptions granted, ok--homosexuals are not trying to enforce the spiritual definition, but seek the legal one simply as a means to relieve their unjust treatment.

"You're gay, so you cannot visit your terminal friend in hospital" is just oppression, it is not justifiable

Reactions: Butterfly
B

Butterfly

You could have ended your marraige after his first sexual affair. He committed adultry and when Jesus was on the earth, adultry was the only legitimate reason for divorce according to Jesus. I too hate the judgement women face upon becoming divorced. You are divorced. Don't want to know why. It is enough that you are a divorced woman. It is the same with homosexuals. "Divorced" and "homosexual " are two words that bring about instant judgement from the Christian community without even wanting to know if their judgement is justified. I always asked if adultry was involved in a divorce between Christians when hearing it from a third party. Always got "no" as an answer. Divorcee bashing? Yet you had every right to divorce that unfaithful man. Has my blood boiling since that is a rule for divorce that many Christians are happy to ignore. Not my case though. I'm sorry for all you went through.
I am equally sorry for what you have gone through ' narcissism ' is a difficult thing to face , and it leaves a trail of distruction.
I had one Christian friend say to me ' I could never divorce my husband, I hope you can live with your conscience ' - at the time I felt stabbed in tha back, I was on a bus going to work - it was not a good day. I did confront her about it, about a year later when the pain had subsided- she apologised.
Yes, I could have divorced earlier, but God clearly laid forgiveness on my heart- at the time I was not in the right place to deal with the divorce, by the time that happened I was in a loving church with a pastor who had the gift of empathy and understanding- so I believe in Gods timing xxx
I know it sounds crazy, but I am the person I am today because of what I went through- I fully trust in Romans 8:28 now.
I have felt for a very long time that many Christians put on judges hats, when they should in fact be leading people to Christ and allowing God to work in a persons life a deal with whatever God thinks needs dealing with, in his timing.
Butterfly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are you saying a person can't be a homosexual and a Christian?
Of course he can.
Why would he not be able to??
He just has to follow all the same commandments we do.
i noticed in prison that many inmates enjoy castigating pedophiles as being beneath themselves, too. Ppl need scapegoats; at least until they no longer do, i guess

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're arguing semantics.

The Word of God condemns both homosexuality and pedophilia.

It's that simple.
The Word of God condemns them. Not all Christians condemn pedophilia however or homosexual advances within their church. . And because of such a pastor I left the Church. I recently emailed that pastor and told him bluntly that what he said to me was absolutely stupid stuff to say to a victim of childhood sexual abuse, such as myself. I got a "facebook" reply from him. Always get no answer back when such prestigious Christians are caught with their pants down on facebook. As for arguing symantics, that is best left up to politicians and administrators. They love those kinds of arguments. Accusing me of arguing symantics was a great way to get away from discussing what Christians believe on such issues. But I was quite clear in what I said. I no way know what would happen if a child came to you and told you (s)he was a victim of childhood sexual abuse by a pastor or other esteemed spiritual authority in the church. Do I? And saying what makes God happy is easier then saying what you actually would do if such a situation presented itself quite possibly. So I'm acused of arguing symantics. That is a response in itself to what I presented equivalent to "no comment". Thank you for the reply anyway. :)

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God condemns them. Not all Christians condemn pedophilia however or homosexual advances within their church.

In the end we're accountable to God, not a bunch of wannabe christians.

Accusing me of arguing symantics was a great way to get away from discussing what Christians believe on such issues.

You stated: "Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual sexuality is a sin,"

Semantics.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end we're accountable to God, not a bunch of wannabe christians.

You stated: "Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual sexuality is a sin,"

Semantics.

"Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual sexuality is a sin,"

What the FFFFFFFFFFF........:rolleyes:..............where do people get this crap from? It never ceases to amaze me how good humans can be at being spin doctors, wow.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like this person in the video above..she brings out the good point about what is driving things...the trans-gendering and the G and L not only "what rights"..what THEY want and are pushing for is that NONE of US should say that we are a woman or a man...because it offends them!!! :eek:
Talking of marriage of a man and woman with boy or girl children is offensive and should be stopped.
THAT is the agenda. That is the evil....that is anti God , anti Christ and anti Christian.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality is a sin. Teaching others that it is normal and should be accepted is also a sin.

That's what needs to be remembered.

Why does it matter if you accept it or not?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Because 'they' want it accepted...when the world started accepting everything it is 'death by gradualism'... the frog in water...slowly, slowly dying yet not aware of the danger and death.

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because it speaks to our belief in the All Mighty. If we accept sin, our belief becomes null and void.

It's that simple.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
"Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual sexuality is a sin,"

What the FFFFFFFFFFF........:rolleyes:..............where do people get this crap from? It never ceases to amaze me how good humans can be at being spin doctors, wow.
It never ceases to amaze me how good humans can use such language.
Seriously.

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Because 'they' want it accepted...when the world started accepting everything it is 'death by gradualism'... the frog in water...slowly, slowly dying yet not aware of the danger and death.
hey, every one of your Supreme Court is either a Catholic or a Jew, not a Protestant in the bunch lol. Didn't happen overnight.