What's On your Mind! ~ Random Conversations about Anything...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Technically, Glass is a liquid. It is considered to be hard and therefore brittle. Cast iron is considered to be hard and brittle and it breaks readily if too much stress is applied to it.

If we heat up glass we can blow the glass and form various shapes and usable objects. Glass has to be tempered to remove the cracks from it.

I have broken a plain glass pane in two and then with heat joined the broken panes of glass back together with no raised edges where the glass planes were joined together because of misalignment.

The glass in doors and windows today is safety Glass which is laminated with a plastic sheet between two thin panes of glass, just like a windscreen in a car. It is more difficult to cut than ordinary glass because of the plastic films that are used to make the laminated glass panes.

Glass can be bent by applying heat. One method is to heat the glass pane up and to then allow the glass to take the shape of the mould, in an oven.

Technically, glass does not bend but breaks. Laminated Glass can take a lot more stress when being bent before it will fail and break.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got hands on certification yesterday. I feel a lot more comfident in proving first aid/cpr for a child if need be. School/working/pregnancy is a bit overwhelming, but God has really been here and giving me the strength to get what I need done. I don't have to be the best housekeeper/most wide awake mom right now. So trying to give myself grace. Especially this CDA program will be beneficial to my ministry with kids. I love kids with a passion...

Fell down and scraped my knee today/hurt my ankle. So glad I know first aid. Lol. But I really just walked it off. I fell couple times with Lorena too ehrn I was pregnant with her. Trip over my own ankle/feet. Hahaha

Reactions: farouk and Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may have already told this story but for the new people I will tell it again...
I had my 2 granddaughters with me years ago....Jaclyn was 5 and Hailey was 3....i had to get gas...so I pulled up to the pump and it was an old style gas pump (no card reader) and you had to prepay...there was a man on the other side of the pump getting gas...I got the girls out and we were walking into the store to pay for the gas....
The man on the other side of the pump had an amputated arm and was wearing a prosthetic with a hook style clamp at the end...

Now pause a second....the movie "Hook" was on tv and we had just finished watching it before leaving to go to the store and get gas....

Unpause....as we were walking towards the door, Hailey, the 3 y.o., had been staring at that man...and suddenly she said...no she YELLED. ...."GRANDMA!!!" ...(startled me)...I said What, honey?
"IS THAT MAN A PIRATE?"......gasp, oh my, 50 shades of red, and a horrifying look on my face....I said "No he isn't"....and apologized profusely to the man...
To my relief he started laughing and said it was fine...sigh....

Needless to say after that I always made sure to answer any questions before getting out of the car with the girls.:rolleyes:

Kids are so darn funny
..:eek:

Reactions: Angelina