What's On your Mind! ~ Random Conversations about Anything...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I really wish I could locate the 'start a new post' button. Debates about doctrine are not very interesting to me. I do enjoy discussions about who God is, what God wants from us, and the like. I really like to mix science with my religion, but I cannot find the correct button to "start a new post". I'm probably being a duffus and its probably right in front of my eyes - but I can't see it.

1. Click on Forums to display the list of available forums to view. There are several sections and subforums.
2. Click the one that says Christian Debate Forum. It will open the list of current topics under that forum.
3. Then click "post new thread." Enter your text and create thread.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have something on my mind.

I'd like to know if anyone else gets what I get when on my lap top.

I am typing away and all of a sudden ( after much too long) I notice that what and where I am typing is right in the middle of what I have already written!!
Today has been particularly bad. Heaven knows how many things I have written , only to find that it is slap band in the middle of my post.

Why does my curser or whatever it is...jump unto what was previously written like that?
Any ideas?
If you are using a laptop with a touchpad below the keyboard it could be your palm is touching the pad, moving your cursor. At least that happens to me.

Much love!

Just realized I've answered a 3 year old post! I hope you've solved this long ago!

:)

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who likes popping bubble wrap? I have been sitting in front of my screen popping bubble wrap...which came from some knick knacks sent to me via my sister who just returned from a trip to Europe and the US...

Quite relaxing! :p

Old thread revived, I see!
Ahaha, Angelina, you must be pretty bored :D and yes I love bubble wrap but, my dogs on the other hand...not so much, lol.

Strange thoughts go through my mind during this lack of socialization.
Have you ever walked into a plate glass door that had no decal on it? I myself have not had that happen to me but, I have seen people do it. Then those who saw it are all just laughing and laughing and then the person who is like, really embarrassed at this point also starts to laugh right along with them saying, things like, "yeah, that's so funny...I just walked into a glass door...hahaha. 'Oh silly me, hahaha...I think my nose is broken, Ahahaha...isn't that funny??!!! 'Oh how clumsy of me! Hahaha...

So, anyone ever run into an unmarked glass door? I hope you did not hurt your self but I bet it was crazy funny to see :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a glass door. But, one time I was walking with a friend, who said something very funny (can't recall what was funny). I started laughing so hard that I walked directly into a street sign. My glasses flew off my face and I had a cut on my forehead, but I remember that I continued laughing through the entire experience. After we walked away from the sign, I realized that I had lost my glasses.

I'm sorry you lost your glasses :( But, you at least got a laugh :D
Welcome to the forum Matt!

Reactions: MattMooradian

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you are using a laptop with a touchpad below the keyboard it could be your palm is touching the pad, moving your cursor. At least that happens to me.

Much love!

Just realized I've answered a 3 year old post! I hope you've solved this long ago!

Hahaha...Yes a lap top....No, I still do it from time to time...thanks for the advice :)

Reactions: marks and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha...Yes a lap top....No, I still do it from time to time...thanks for the advice :)

I have the same problem when I get in a hurry, Helen. It is one reason I dislike using the laptop. Time usually passes very fast for me... except when I have to wait for something... like the repair of my desktop.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you ever walked into a plate glass door that had no decal on it?

So, anyone ever run into an unmarked glass door? I hope you did not hurt your self but I bet it was crazy funny to see :D

I haven’t done that ...but one winter morning , before we got the programmed thermostat , I jumped out of bed in the dark to turn the heat up, I quickly ran back to jump into bed , ran and leaped into bed ...flew right over it , landed head first into my bookcase , hitting my ribs on the elliptical machine ... Dave and I couldn’t stop laughing about it...but an hour later the pain started...and it lasted about 4 weeks. Ouch! Hahaha!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the concern Angelina! Sorry, I have been scarce. No issues, this whole debacle has just messed up my routine.

God is good--blessing to all!
Glad to hear from you @ScottA [SAT777] The first time I met you was when I just started to use the forums. New to the internet as well. Had a dial up account. No clue what any of you were talking about on the Eschatology forum at "ProphecyTalk" I learned so much on that forum as I came from a small christian world where folks got saved and then help to lead others to salvation. Growth came through experience and good bible teaching about Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit. Such forums were new and exciting to me. :) I can still remember when you asked me to look at a pic which I could not see. Then you said to copy and paste it to my browser. That was the end of that conversation and many times you asked if I had did it yet and my reply was always that it didn't work. :confused:

In all honesty though, if you could see me on this side of the computer, I was scratching my head asking myself and other folks what the heck a browser was and no-one on my side of the planet knew...lololol!:p

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I really wish I could locate the 'start a new post' button. Debates about doctrine are not very interesting to me. I do enjoy discussions about who God is, what God wants from us, and the like. I really like to mix science with my religion, but I cannot find the correct button to "start a new post". I'm probably being a duffus and its probably right in front of my eyes - but I can't see it.
Hi @MattMooradian you just need to go to the forum that you want to start a thread in. For example; The Fellowship forum. There is an icon that says "Post New Thread" Hit that icn and it will give you the opportunity to start a thread of your own :):)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven’t done that ...but one winter morning , before we got the programmed thermostat , I jumped out of bed in the dark to turn the heat up, I quickly ran back to jump into bed , ran and leaped into bed ...flew right over it , landed head first into my bookcase , hitting my ribs on the elliptical machine ... Dave and I couldn’t stop laughing about it...but an hour later the pain started...and it lasted about 4 weeks. Ouch! Hahaha!

Helen, I can so see your tiny body soaring through the air! Ahahaha!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Willie T

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahaha, Angelina, you must be pretty bored :D and yes I love bubble wrap but, my dogs on the other hand...not so much, lol.

Have you ever walked into a plate glass door that had no decal on it? I myself have not had that happen to me but, I have seen people do it. Then those who saw it are all just laughing and laughing and then the person who is like, really embarrassed at this point also starts to laugh right along with them saying, things like, "yeah, that's so funny...I just walked into a glass door...hahaha. 'Oh silly me, hahaha...I think my nose is broken, Ahahaha...isn't that funny??!!! 'Oh how clumsy of me! Hahaha...

When I was 15 our neighbor had a pool, and she let me and my sister use it whenever we wanted. We went one hot Saturday, her door was open, the house was designed to go straight through the glass sliders and out to the pool. I was nearly running through the house, out the slider, jumping into the pool, but no, it was closed, she had just cleaned, and SLAM!

Rung my bell!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was 15 our neighbor had a pool, and she let me and my sister use it whenever we wanted. We went one hot Saturday, her door was open, the house was designed to go straight through the glass sliders and out to the pool. I was nearly running through the house, out the slider, jumping into the pool, but no, it was closed, she had just cleaned, and SLAM!

Rung my bell!

Wow...amazing you did not break it! God had His hand on you that day!!

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow...amazing you did not break it! God had His hand on you that day!!
I was a skinny little kid, pretty much! Just bounced off!

God's had His hand in a number of times I think!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When at school I did quite well at jumping hurdles , but I never expected to jump right over the bed!!!!:eek:

Many good things come in small packages :cool: And no, I don't imagine you did expect to fly right over it :D

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol! Funny post!

I don’t think I’ve walked into a glass door, but during a strong Cat 3 hurricane, I saw a sliding glass door bowing in like a bubble. It was rather scary. We stayed away from it, and it never did blow. In that hurricane, I also saw a section of wood fence flying through the air like a piece of paper. It was no fun at all. :(

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! Funny post!

I don’t think I’ve walked into a glass door, but during a strong Cat 3 hurricane, I saw a sliding glass door bowing in like a bubble. It was rather scary. We stayed away from it, and it never did blow. In that hurricane, I also saw a section of wood fence flying through the air like a piece of paper. It was no fun at all. :(

Amazing that the glass door did not break. That sure does sound scary. :eek:

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who knew that glass can bend, right?

I did not know that until just now, and do not understand physics. At first I thought how strange that glass bent, then thought was it the glass? Or, the frame and made it look like it was bending?
Now, I am just going to have to look this up! lol.