• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
This is the 1500's, and if you disagreed with the Catholic Church, or J.Calvin...... you could die that very day.

Catholics liked to burn you back then, and then later make you a "Saint" of their Church.
Just ask "Joan of Arc".
They burned her, then later made her a "saint'.
When she was burning, the Catholic Bishops nearby, started saying....."OMG, we made a mistake".
Why?
Because when she was on FIRE, she was calling on the name of JESUS>>>JESUS>>>JESUS>..... and they didn't really know Him.
Now, they wish they had.

Believe God's Word and ignore the ideas and opinions of little men!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your intent IS to name call,

Not at all.
My true "intent" is to shine a light on the devil's deception, in all forms.
If this light finds you, then it does.

Listen, if a person is a heretic, ..then that isn't an insult, that is just a fact.
Its a fact that there are heretics.
Paul classified them long before i was born.
Jude talks about them, quite a bit.
So, its not anything new.........as heretics were here, when Paul was here.
They accused Him of preaching "OSAS"< exactly like they do today, but in the last 2000 yrs, they have remodeled the term a few times..
"greasy grace"..."license to sin"...>" cheap grace"...
But its all the same devil trying to get people to not understand that God's Son died FREELY for their sin, and offers them "the gift of righteousness" as a Gift.
Its "the Gift of Salvation".
And even in Paul's day, you had heretics (Legalists) who were trying to add to the Grace of God, their lawkeeping and their commandment keeping and water baptism, as a NECESSARY PART of God's Redemption.. .. and Paul defined them as preaching "another Gospel", and said they are cursed of God for doing it.. Galatians 1:8

Listen, God made Salvation based on Christ on the CROSS, ONLY>....John 14:6.... and the Devil and his people try to get you up there on it, with commandment keeping, works, enduring to the end, law keeping, and lifestyle..

The Cross is the final proof that = ONLY Jesus SAVES and ONLY Jesus keeps you saved.

This is the "blood Atonement' ..

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen, if a person is a heretic, ..then that isn't an insult, that is just a fact.
Its a fact that there are heretics.

Just a fact:
Heretic is an intended insult by the one who is saying it.

They accused Him of preaching "OSAS"

Oh my....preaching what the Lord offered, (OSAS) is a negative accusation? :rolleyes:

< exactly like they do today, but in the last 2000 yrs, they have remodeled the term a few times..
"greasy grace"..."license to sin"...>" cheap grace"...

“THEY” who call The Lord’s Forever Offering of Salvation ^^^, such derogatory terms, are “THEY” who think name calling, is sufficient to reject The Lord’s Forever Offering of Salvation....because “THEY” favor, preaching being “Acceptable to the Lord, while continuing to Sin”.

I am not accountable for what men believed, said, did historically. My Biblical Historical Knowledge comes from Scripture. It was sufficient that God approved it, good enough for me. All the rules and nonsense men make up, irrelevant. Any man that becomes Converted IN Christ, IS Saved. Any man that believes in God, or in Jesus, at the time of his physical death; will BECOME Saved at his physical death, regardless of all other men differences and denominational differences.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Just a fact:
Heretic is an intended insult by the one who is saying it.

A lot of people like you believe that their opinion is realty.
Its not.

Heresy is simply what a Heretic teaches, which defines them.
I didnt define them........they defined themselves.

Think of it like this.
If you are an unbeliever, and i say, .....>"all the unbelievers are this.......John 3:36".

So, i just "called you" an unbeliever, but that is not an insult....its a fact.
And its a fact that all unbelievers are going to Hell, and its a fact that the judgment of God, is on them, already.

These are all facts., not insults.

So, dont stay confused.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He wasn't a Calvinist.
He was just a believer, who didn't agree with the Theological concept of the Trinity.
There are some of those on this forum.
If Calvin was here, he'd try to have you murdered for your "heresy".
J.Calvin was quite a guy....

-
Michael Servetus

Michael Servetus
( 29 September 1509 or 1511 – 27 October 1553) was a Spanish theologian, physician, cartographer and Renaissance humanist. He was the first European to correctly describe the function of pulmonary circulation, as discussed in Christianismi Restitutio (1553). He was a polymath versed in many sciences: mathematics, astronomy and meteorology, geography, human anatomy, medicine and pharmacology, as well as jurisprudence, translation, poetry and the scholarly study of the Bible in its original languages.

He is renowned in the history of several of these fields, particularly medicine. He participated in the Protestant Reformation, and later rejected the Trinity doctrine and mainstream Catholic Christology. After being condemned by Catholic authorities in France, he fled to Calvinist Geneva where he was denounced by Calvin and burned at the stake for heresy by order of the city's governing council.

Michael Servetus

Born Unknown, possibly 29 September 1511
Disputed, Villanueva de Sigena or Tudela, Kingdom of Navarre
Died 27 October 1553 (aged 42)
Geneva, Republic of Geneva
Alma mater University of Paris
Occupation Theologian, physician, editor, translator
Theological work
Era
Renaissance
Tradition or movement Renaissance humanism
Main interests Theology, medicine
Notable ideas Nontrinitarian Christology, pulmonary circulation

He fled from the catholics as they were going to burn him for heresy.
He was condemned and burned for heresy by the city council.
Calvin did not murder him.

Reactions: Lifelong_sinner

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not.

That’s rich....LOL
Other people do not define my one on relationship with the Lord God.

Heresy is:
A fundamental error in religion, or an error of opinion respecting some fundamental doctrine of religion. But in countries where there is an established church, an opinion is deemed heresy when it differs from that of the church. The Scriptures being the standard of faith, any opinion that is repugnant to its doctrines, is heresy; but as men differ in the interpretation of Scripture, an opinion deemed heretical by one body of christians, may be deemed orthodox by another.

A Heretic is; one who agrees with their own orthodox church’s teaching and not an other’s orthodox church’s teaching....Which while you are calling others a heretic, the same applies to you.

Heretic is one of those funky words, that can apply to the speaker as well as the listener....sort of like the funky word “Tempt”, where as a man can Tempt another man, but the other man being Tempted, is not Tempted,

Having disagreements, with funky name calling, just might spatter back on you.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
When you are dealing with a "predestined elect" heretic....the thing you have to realize is that they are theologically confused as well as deeply deceived.
So, that is the worst case scenario.
For example, a believer can be "fallen from Grace" , as Paul explains in Galatians.......and that means they are deceived. However, They dont really have a theology issue that is confusing them, they have a "bewitched" issue, as Paul explains that becomes their confused theology.
They are "in the flesh", as Paul explains , having no longer correct faith.....And this happens, because they become self righteous, and the term i use for them is......they've become a "self saver".
See that?
They stopped trusting in Christ to KEEP them saved, and are now trying to do it by 'SELF"...."self saving". "self effort". "works and commandment keeping"....all of this, as its all the same deception that that have....its always the same mind blindness that has become their broken faith.

Now the Predestined elect heretic, they are both mind blinded by the devil, and they are theologically confused to the max.

Reader.... here i is how you teach them......to try to help them.... You first have to understand their theological confusion, and its very simple..

They do not understand what the "conformed".. is literally talking about, when they read...>"predestined to be conformed"...
This confusion....is the entire cause of their theological and mental breakdown...... See, they do not understand that the "predestination", has a resolve...a resolution.........Its : "to be conformed".
So, that is where they lost the track and came apart theologically and never went back.

Let me show you how to help them..

You teach them that to be born again, starts a process, that has a final ending, destination, and : "conforming".
This process is pre-determined to happen to every born again person., just as God created it to happen.
See, God created Salvation as a process that has a beginning and a final result.
This process of "born again", and becoming a "new creation", is designed to end a believer up ....here....= "conformed into the image of Christ".
See that?
That is what is "predestined"... Its that all believers, (elect) born again, are predestined to end up...= "conformed into the image of Christ".

See Reader, what is pre-determined is what the process is going to resolve into ....... that is the "pre-destination".

So, what God did, is create a spiritual process, that is Salvation, that has a completed ending that is PRE-DETERMINED to happen to every Born again person.
This process that starts with the new birth, ends with the "conforming into the Image of Jesus"....and that is what is "pre-destined"., and this simple theology is completely twisted and subverted by heretics who belong to the Hyper Calvinist "pre-destined elect" cult.
These deceived people even teach that God created Evil, as if the Devil does not even exist.

Beware of them Believers.... as if they brainwash you, its almost impossible to escape their cult .
Yes, I'm sure that if a hyper Calvinist came along and read the OP, they would be enlightened and reformed. :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Listen, God made Salvation based on Christ on the CROSS, ONLY>....John 14:6....
Is this statement true or false? It is FALSE. Salvation is based upon the death, burial, AND resurrection of Christ. And that is the Gospel (1 Cor 15:1-4 and many other passages). No resurrection = no Gospel. So now who is the one presenting a false gospel?

Reactions: David H.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this statement true or false? It is FALSE. Salvation is based upon the death, burial, AND resurrection of Christ. And that is the Gospel (1 Cor 15:1-4 and many other passages). No resurrection = no Gospel. So now who is the one presenting a false gospel?
What about His spotless life? Don't we need that registered to our account to be justified?

Reactions: Cassandra

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about His spotless life? Don't we need that registered to our account to be justified?
Of course. But neither Peter nor Paul explicitly include that in the Gospel. It is a given. The Lamb of God on the cross was "without spot and without blemish". Hence He is "Christ our Passover" sacrificed for us.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. But neither Peter nor Paul explicitly include that in the Gospel. It is a given. The Lamb of God on the cross was "without spot and without blemish". Hence He is "Christ our Passover" sacrificed for us.
How can it be a given if it's expressed in the Bible?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ being without spot or blemish was the perfect Lamb of God to take away our sins.

1 Peter 1
18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
That idea goes way back to the burnt offering sacrifices. They animals offered had to be perfect in appearance as in no blemish and no defect.

1. Numbers 19:2
    “This is the ordinance of the law which the Lord has commanded, saying: ‘Speak to the children of Israel, that they bring you a red heifer without blemish, in which there is no defect and on which a yoke has never come.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Numbers 28:3
    “And you shall say to them, ‘This is the offering made by fire which you shall offer to the Lord: two male lambs in their first year without blemish, day by day, as a regular burnt offering.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Nothing else was acceptable to God, and we know all the law and ordinances are for pointing the people to Christ who was to come.
They were to offer up to God for the atonement a non blemished sacrifice.
BibleGateway - Keyword Search: atonement

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you

Something of interest to note here, is the fall in Eden was predetermined. Notice the wording, 'before the foundation of the world'
Christ was foreordained to die on the cross and be a sacrifice for sin before the world was made, it was just in the mind of God.

God calls things that are not as though they were.
17 As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed-the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. Romans 4:16-17 NIV

You must agree God is working all things according to His purpose and will.
Many verses confirm that truth.

And this too.
Acts 15
15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written:

16 ‘After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.’

18 “Known to God from eternity are all His works.

And some of His works is your being born again by the Holt Spirit.
Since Christ was foreordained, then also your individual salvation was foreordained as whom God FORKNEW, He did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son.

And we also see this in Hebrews about the works of God, that on the seventh DAY, God rested from ALL HIS WORKS.
Some of you will see the connection here to our particular salvation.

Hebrews 4
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”

although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; 5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not.

Think of it like this.
If you are an unbeliever, and i say, .....>"all the unbelievers are this.......John 3:36".

So, i just "called you" an unbeliever, but that is not an insult....its a fact.
And its a fact that all unbelievers are going to Hell, and its a fact that the judgment of God, is on them, already.

These are all facts., not insults.

So, dont stay confused.
What is your denomination, may I ask?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Barney,

Do the following verses relate to your subject?

"My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her." Song of Solomon 6:9

"That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:" I Tim 6:14

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" Heb 9:14

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:" I Peter 1:18-19

"Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." II Peter 3:14

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Barney,

Do the following verses relate to your subject?

"My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her." Song of Solomon 6:9

"That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:" I Tim 6:14

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" Heb 9:14

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:" I Peter 1:18-19

"Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." II Peter 3:14
Youbetcha. :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A Heretic is;

A heretic, as defined by Paul, in Galatians, is an enemy of the Cross.
Jude defines them as "committing the error of Cain".

So, its a specific heresy, that defines them all.

They are all defined by :

1. they believe they can lose their salvation
2. they teach a works based, law keeping, commandment keeping, water baptism,.. "false gospel" = that defies the Gift of God's Grace, and opposes the Cross of Christ and the Blood of Jesus..

A heretic does not believe that Jesus keeps them saved.
They believe that THEY keep themselves saved by : self effort, and they will give your their list of "do's and don't do's" that they TEACH and BELIEVE keeps them saved if they do it, or dont do it.....otherwise they lose their salvation, is what all heretics BELIEVE.

That's a "Heretic", according to Paul.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these people, have nothing better to do then to falsely try to convince you that you can lose your salvation
"... every branch IN ME (IN CHRIST) that beareth not fruit He (The Father) taketh away: ... If a man abide not IN ME, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."
John 15:2
John 15:6
then they'll teach that God created evil
"... I am The Lord, and there is none else. I form the light and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I The Lord do all these things."
Isaiah 45:6-7