When do you "expect" Jesus to return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you mean to test me, it is rather a test upon you instead of me...for I do know, and it is as I have been telling you, and as Paul stated, saying "but each one in his own order", and as Jesus stated, saying, "I stand at the door and knock, and if anyone hears and opens the door, I will come in..." Which did occur for me in February of 1986 when I called out to Him and He answered and caught me up in the spirit. Therefore, I confirm, "but each one in his own order" is the true day and hour of His coming.
So since you know, and it obviously didn't happen in 1986 when you called out to Him, when is it sir? You know I do not yet know the exact day or hour but can narrow it down to within 3 days.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, the context compares this time "as in the days of Noah". Rhe entire world did not believe the warning except Noah and his family. GOD told Noah when to load up the Ark and shut the doors.
So if you don't believe, then you can't expect anything to happen. Furthermore, if he doesn't give you a date then you can't possibly expect Him. Noah expected what would happen because He gave him a date.
If you invite a guest over for dinner on a certain date at a certain time, then you can "expect" him. If he promised he would stop by for a visit before the end of the year, you can only hope he'll show up. It would be unrealistic to expect him this Saturday night at 6pm. Likewise, we all hope and anticipate Jesus' return. He has given us signs that fall into this generation: Wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes in various places, pestilence are the beginnings of sirriw, the birth pangs. But more specifically, "when the gospel is peached to every nation", then the end will come. Well, that has been recently been accomplished.

We hope and anticipate He shows up soon. What if it's as simple as taking the scripture literally to determine when? When did the Flood begin? On the 17th day of the a second month. According to the Torah, that would be Iyar 17, so in 2023 it would be May 8. In 2024,
May 25 and so on ...
Another plausible date would be 2000 years after the actual day of His resurrection.
Some might anticipate His return on the fall, on the Day of Atonement for instance.
The hour is easy, 9PM ... somewhere in the world, it will be 9ish. The Bible says He'll show up at night time in Jerusalem and His light will make it look like day.
But the resurrection happened at sunrise ... now I'm just not sure when to _ expect _ Him, I just hope and anticipate that He'll soon be here!
We do know when most "expect" Jesus to return, which we should avoid because of what He said about it being "when you do not expect."

As for the time of Noah, it is better to understand it spiritually, that the ark rose that day above the earth. And if any have been raised above the earth--what day and hour do they say it was? Unfortunately, most deny the time of their being raised up with Him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta die one day...

I believe everyone will end up seeing the Lord Jesus Christ for who he is, and the Lord God Almighty, will do justly and rightly.

I do believe he physically returned in 70 Ad, and that is on faith.

It would have been ashamed to never returned to that generation.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
when we least expect him to return he will :)
probably when a lot of people fall and turn away from God

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Matthew 24:37-39 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

you do know that everything happens for a reason why did the elements of heaven melt? probably due to extreme global heat

2 Timothy 3:1-5 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

and you can now see that we are in the last days
the generations of today are too weak and evil compare in your younger days

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.​

When most "expect"--is wrong. Since Jesus put it in those terms--do you believe Him? Do those terms disqualify what you believe about when He returns?

During these times of when we are also supposed to be lead "unto all truth" by the Holy Spirit, just how are we to rationalize (or reconcile) both of these biblical facts as both being true, and what are we to do with the idea that what we "expect" is most likely wrong?

I suggest asking "When did what I believe about Jesus' return begin to be believed and taught among the Church?" Did it begin during the time when Peter warned about "false teachers" coming into the church, which he identified the time as the times of those he was speaking to, saying "among you?" Or did it begin during the time of when Paul warned of those who "believe a lie" leading to "strong delusion?" Did it begin anywhere in between--and therefore, there is no such time in all of church history that what "you expect" is to be considered reliable?

If so...who is it that has been leading you?

The point is, we all know what most "expect"...and that is not what we should believe.
I think Jesus has already returned, in the form of the Holy Spirit, inside of each of us.

Reactions: Mr E and ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it was important to understand what Christ's "return" actually meant.
Reading through Matthew 24, the disciples asked Jesus....
"Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
So Christ's return was connected to "the end of the age". And it would be revealed by a "SIGN".
But one word in that verse is mistranslated....that is "parousia" which in all the translation I look at, is translated as "coming", when Strongs primary definition is "presence"....now someone's "presence" is vastly different from their "coming". We could be at a gathering and see someone we know standing there, but never saw him arrive. We know he did because we saw him, but his presence at the gathering was not the same as his coming to the gathering. Why is this important?

Because it alters the perception of what to expect. Jesus was indicating that his "presence" would not be obvious to the world because it was to be revealed in world events....big important things that we could not miss.

Jesus answered his disciple's question with.....“See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains."

Luke's account also says...."Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs."

So the world events that Jesus spoke of were unprecedented on the world scene.....and they had to take place whilst the last "kings" of Daniel's prophesy ruled......we are living in "the days of those kings" right now. Daniel spoke of "the King of the North" and the King of the South" engaging in a "pushing" of one another. All the nations on earth are allied to only one of two major blocks, and these make up the two national alliances that have almost caused the Doomsday clock to strike twelve. We have Russia and China and their allies on one side.....and those allied with the Anglo-American world powers on the other.....neither is portrayed as "the good guys" because both are under the command of the grand puppeteer who is their coordinator....satan the devil. (1 John 5:19)

In 1914 the world went mad.....entering into an unprecedented kind of war that, for the first time in history, involved all the nations on earth. It was completely unexpected with the prospects for peace looking very promising.....but the assassination of Arch Duke Ferdinand in Sarajevo changed forever the way the world lived.....peace was taken away. The alliances the nations had formed drew them into the conflict even against their will as they had signed an agreement to defend their partners. This we believe was the first "sign"...it was followed closely by the Spanish Flu epidemic which claimed more lives than the war did. Food shortages were a result of efforts put into the war effort.....food was rationed and in short supply. Poor nutrition was probably responsible for the flu taking so many lives.

Earthquakes too were foretold and according to Wiki, 1914 was...."A fairly busy year with 17 events exceeding magnitude 7. The largest of these was a magnitude 8.1 in Indonesia in May. The deadliest event of the year was in Turkey in October with 4,000 deaths. Several other events resulted in sizable death tolls. Italy, Indonesia and Japan were affected."

Jesus went on to say to his disciples....

Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

True Christians could expect persecution and hatred from other "Christians" and from a godless world in general....and following through on Christ's commands to preach the "gospel of the kingdom throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations"....and with the "love of many growing cold" we could expect to see people turning their efforts and attention on themselves to the exclusion of others.
"Like the days of Noah", people were going to fail to respond to the message, and will pay with their lives. (Matthew 24:37-39)
Only our endurance and reliance on God will see us through the coming time of great distress. (Matthew 24:13, 21-22)
That is a long exhortation, but you begin with an assumption--with what you "expect." That being that you "expect" that the timing of this coming or presence is connected to the end of the age because He says "and" the end of the age. However that does not necessarily connected, just as "the beginning and the end" are not necessarily connected. Now, I do not mean that they are not, but rather that they are not connected in the way you assume--that is, as being at the end of the age, as it is commonly understood. It would appear that you mean at the end of the world...which is the end of times or the end of the age for some. But the end of the world for someone who dies today, is today, while the end of the world for the last person to leave this world is rather the actual end of the world as it is commonly thought to mean.

To which I submit, is the same with God, and only different with people and with the world; and yet because the terms are God's rather than that of the world...anyone who "expected" the terms to be that of people and the world...would be "when you expect" and therefore, wrong. Which is the point of the tread--that we should not lean on our own understanding and "expect" in error.

And now I will look at the rest of what you posted. Thank you!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People's expectations were wrong in 1914.....they were not expecting Christ's "parousia" because the world at large failed to discern it...and so did most of Christendom. Only those who had discerned the truth were led by God's spirit to proclaim Christ's message to the world from 1914 to the present day. They are still being ignored.
And yet, it sounds like that is what you "expect", making you wrong too.
The big picture has to be discerned.....staring at a few dead pixels will not give you the right time because Christ is already "present" and has been since 1914. He has been guiding his disciples in the greatest preaching campaign the world has ever seen, just as he promised....but the majority have failed to see it for what it is.....they are "blinded" by God's enemy. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Hatred for Christ's true disciples comes mostly from those who already imagine that they are "Christians". (Matthew 7:21-23)

Christ's coming manifestation as judge will be something very obvious.....the world will not be in any doubt that he has come to mete out his Father's justice. (Luke 21:25-28)
Jesus said...“Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don’t let that day catch you unaware, 35 like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. 36 Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”
The delay or coming of Jesus until 1914 is not biblical, it is just another version of the same sort of expectation. It would mean that Jesus lied about standing at the door and knocking, and that no one until 1914 opened the door and let him in, no one, which is just not true. It's not "soon" or "quickly", nor did it "shortly come to pass", therefore it too is just what was "expected" and is wrong.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no question that (1) Christ will come for His Bride at the Resurrection/Rapture and then (2) Christ will come with the saints and angels at His Second Coming. While date-setting is not recommended, the coming of Christ is very near as seen by world events and what Christ prophesied in the Olivet Discourse. So Christians are definitely required to EXPECT the coming of Christ.
Nonetheless, "The Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is a long exhortation, but you begin with an assumption--with what you "expect." That being that you "expect" that the timing of this coming or presence is connected to the end of the age because He says "and" the end of the age. However that does not necessarily connected, just as "the beginning and the end" are not necessarily connected. Now, I do not mean that they are not, but rather that they are not connected in the way you assume--that is, as being at the end of the age, as it is commonly understood.
This was determined in hindsight, as many prophesies are only clear once they have been fulfilled.
Just as the Jews were expecting their Messiah when Jesus arrived on the scene, (according to Daniel's prophesy) so we expect the Messiah's return in this "time of the end" because Daniel told us who would be ruling the nations at this juncture.
He told us that "In the days of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever". (Daniel 2:44)

He interpreted Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the huge image made up of different body parts represented by different metals in order of value, picturing rulerships down through the centuries, until the rule of the final kings......the time period we are living in now. Jesus told us to "keep on the watch" so we will know by the "signs" he gave, in Matthew 24, that his return had taken place.
It would appear that you mean at the end of the world...which is the end of times or the end of the age for some. But the end of the world for someone who dies today, is today, while the end of the world for the last person to leave this world is rather the actual end of the world as it is commonly thought to mean.
The end of the age is not the end of the world as many think. The planet isn't going anywhere but the end of the wicked system implemented by the devil is. These are "the last days" and this time period has been set aside for all the features of the sign Jesus gave in Matthew 24 to be fulfilled. Only at the end of these allotted days will "the end" come, after mankind has been given notice just as the people of Noah's day were.
Jesus said his disciples would receive the same response to his message as the people did to Noah's warning. (Matthew 24:37-39)

The end of one's life does not mean that they will never live on earth again as this was God's purpose for mankind all along. If he had wanted us to live in heaven, he would have put us there in the first place, like he did the angels. The earth was made for man...and man for the earth. I think that is obvious.

Going to heaven was never in the equation when God created Adam and his wife. They had opportunity for everlasting life right here on earth in paradise, but they lost it due to disobedience. Jesus came so that their children, born in sin through no fault on their part, could get it back.

To which I submit, is the same with God, and only different with people and with the world; and yet because the terms are God's rather than that of the world...anyone who "expected" the terms to be that of people and the world...would be "when you expect" and therefore, wrong. Which is the point of the tread--that we should not lean on our own understanding and "expect" in error.
If Jesus told us to expect his return, and with the calculation made by the Jews in the first century, according to Daniel's prophesy, Messiah was due to make his appearance in 29 C.E. Jesus came right on time, (they knew the year but not the day or the hour) The majority of Jews however, failed to recognize him because their religious Leaders had led them astray. He said that many false Christs would come and they did....but none of them were like Jesus.

Using that same calculation, we have discerned that Jesus was to return in 1914 C.E....and the features of the sign Jesus gave show us that these things did indeed occur just as Jesus said they would. So Jesus "parousia" or "presence" is a completely different event to his "coming" to judge the world of wicked mankind....we are staring down the barrel of that right now.

Peter wrote...
"But if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not feel ashamed, but let him keep on glorifying God while bearing this name. 17 For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the outcome be for those who are not obedient to the good news of God? 18 “And if the righteous man is being saved with difficulty, what will happen to the ungodly man and the sinner?” 19 So, then, let those who are suffering in harmony with the will of God keep on entrusting themselves* to a faithful Creator while they are doing good." (1 Peter 4:16-19)

Judgment will "start with the house of God" because it is they who have been used most prominently in the devil's schemes to mislead those who thought they were following Christ, when their conduct said otherwise.
When Jesus comes, who will he claim as his own? Those disobeying him....putting on a show with their miracles and spiritual gifts?....or will it be those who claim to have God's spirit guiding them, even though they are a lone voice on the internet?
Or will it be those who are despised for showing them a different "Christianity" where love, unity and loyalty to Christ are the most important elements?

I know where my loyalties lie....

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So since you know, and it obviously didn't happen in 1986 when you called out to Him, when is it sir? You know I do not yet know the exact day or hour but can narrow it down to within 3 days.
When I told you is when--which was my time of "but each one in his own order", which was indeed in 1986. Your not being aware of it is as it should be, for it was to me that He came and not to you in your "own order", but mine.

And if Jesus has come knocking and come into you and you now deny that He has again "come in the flesh" (yours), then He also denies you before the Father until such a time that you fully receive Him according to the terms He spoke of in the parable of the evil servant.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what year, day and hour is that? Was a poll taken by 2.7 billion people?
It may as well have been a poll, as most believe Jesus' coming/return is "future" as in "my master delays his coming."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus has already returned, in the form of the Holy Spirit, inside of each of us.
You have answered correctly!

If Jesus came the first time and then went to the Father; and then if anyone hears Him knocking on the door and opens it, and He has come into them in the spirit and power and glory of the Father--Yes, He has indeed come again a second time, even coming in the flesh (theirs).

Reactions: Bob Estey

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may as well have been a poll, as most believe Jesus' coming/return is "future" as in "my master delays his coming."
Back then the future meant anytime, any generation ... 100 years, 1000 years ... not very specific. Now the meaning has been narrowed down to the time we are in, our generation.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has indeed come again a second time, even coming in the flesh (theirs).
I understand the Amillennial viewpoint, but this added, "even in the flesh (theirs)" is unique. Did you come up with that one? You think the Holy Spirit is Jesus and so whenever we look at a Christian, when can say, "There he is, and over there _ Jesus _ in the flesh_ in everyone.
No, Jesus in His own bodily appearance as the disciples saw him after His resurrection will come in the same manner as those who saw Him ascend - so says the angels at His ascension. That hasn't happened yet.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but no, you have misunderstood, and therefore have believed the "lie" that "my Master is delaying his coming" that brings forth "strong delusion" just as it was foretold to occur.

Meanwhile, you have overlooked the fact that Jesus gave the specific day and hour of when those passages you quoted occur, as when He stands "at the door and knocks."
Just can't help some folks, especially when they won't even listen to Christ's Own witness in those Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 Scriptures about His future coming and gathering of His faithful Church on the LAST DAY of this present world.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was determined in hindsight, as many prophesies are only clear once they have been fulfilled.
Just as the Jews were expecting their Messiah when Jesus arrived on the scene, (according to Daniel's prophesy) so we expect the Messiah's return in this "time of the end" because Daniel told us who would be ruling the nations at this juncture.
He told us that "In the days of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever". (Daniel 2:44)

He interpreted Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the huge image made up of different body parts represented by different metals in order of value, picturing rulerships down through the centuries, until the rule of the final kings......the time period we are living in now. Jesus told us to "keep on the watch" so we will know by the "signs" he gave, in Matthew 24, that his return had taken place.
Jane,

Unfortunately, moving forward the "lie" that causes "strong delusion" of believing "my master is delaying his coming" to 1914, by definition, simply means believing the same lie.
The end of the age is not the end of the world as many think. The planet isn't going anywhere but the end of the wicked system implemented by the devil is. These are "the last days" and this time period has been set aside for all the features of the sign Jesus gave in Matthew 24 to be fulfilled. Only at the end of these allotted days will "the end" come, after mankind has been given notice just as the people of Noah's day were.
Jesus said his disciples would receive the same response to his message as the people did to Noah's warning. (Matthew 24:37-39)

The end of one's life does not mean that they will never live on earth again as this was God's purpose for mankind all along. If he had wanted us to live in heaven, he would have put us there in the first place, like he did the angels. The earth was made for man...and man for the earth. I think that is obvious.

Going to heaven was never in the equation when God created Adam and his wife. They had opportunity for everlasting life right here on earth in paradise, but they lost it due to disobedience. Jesus came so that their children, born in sin through no fault on their part, could get it back.
This is another error. These heavens and earth and all the elements hereof, are to be "dissolved by fervent heat and with fire." The new heavens and new earth are rather "made new"..."old things have passed away, all things have become new." Notice also, that these truths are written in [past] tense.
If Jesus told us to expect his return, and with the calculation made by the Jews in the first century, according to Daniel's prophesy, Messiah was due to make his appearance in 29 C.E. Jesus came right on time, (they knew the year but not the day or the hour) The majority of Jews however, failed to recognize him because their religious Leaders had led them astray. He said that many false Christs would come and they did....but none of them were like Jesus.

Using that same calculation, we have discerned that Jesus was to return in 1914 C.E....and the features of the sign Jesus gave show us that these things did indeed occur just as Jesus said they would. So Jesus "parousia" or "presence" is a completely different event to his "coming" to judge the world of wicked mankind....we are staring down the barrel of that right now.

Peter wrote...
"But if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not feel ashamed, but let him keep on glorifying God while bearing this name. 17 For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the outcome be for those who are not obedient to the good news of God? 18 “And if the righteous man is being saved with difficulty, what will happen to the ungodly man and the sinner?” 19 So, then, let those who are suffering in harmony with the will of God keep on entrusting themselves* to a faithful Creator while they are doing good." (1 Peter 4:16-19)

Judgment will "start with the house of God" because it is they who have been used most prominently in the devil's schemes to mislead those who thought they were following Christ, when their conduct said otherwise.
When Jesus comes, who will he claim as his own? Those disobeying him....putting on a show with their miracles and spiritual gifts?....or will it be those who claim to have God's spirit guiding them, even though they are a lone voice on the internet?
Or will it be those who are despised for showing them a different "Christianity" where love, unity and loyalty to Christ are the most important elements?

I know where my loyalties lie....
Again, that all assumes the "lie" that "my master is delaying his coming" rather than what is actually written--as Jesus said, these "things which must shortly take place." Meaning all those things He foretold as coming before "this generation", meant that very generation to whom He spoke, identifying the time by addressing them personally, saying, "you" will see theses things "shortly take place." That is what He said. That is what is written.

And I submit to you that Judgement began no later than the thief on the cross who was judged that very day, that he should join Jesus in paradise--that very day.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back then the future meant anytime, any generation ... 100 years, 1000 years ... not very specific. Now the meaning has been narrowed down to the time we are in, our generation.
No, Jesus identified the generation as "this generation", meaning His generation, as He spoke to those of that generation specifically say, "you" will see these "things which must shortly take place."

The point is, most since Jesus' generation and of those He spoke these things to, have wrongly believed that it was to be in the distant future--that is as soon as it did not appear to them to come during that generation, not having eyes to see. At which time they began to believe and teach the "lie" that "my master is delaying his coming."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the Amillennial viewpoint, but this added, "even in the flesh (theirs)" is unique. Did you come up with that one? You think the Holy Spirit is Jesus and so whenever we look at a Christian, when can say, "There he is, and over there _ Jesus _ in the flesh_ in everyone.
No, Jesus in His own bodily appearance as the disciples saw him after His resurrection will come in the same manner as those who saw Him ascend - so says the angels at His ascension. That hasn't happened yet.
No, I did not come up with it...it is what is written. But most have assumed something else.

This is the very thing which Paul foreshadowed, saying, "for me to live is Christ."

Jesus did not say "I [will] stand at the door and knock and if anyone hears me and opens the door, I will come into him", but rather "Behold, [I stand] at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me" (present tense). So, not only did these things "soon" begin and "shortly take place", but He also began to come [into] the flesh of those to whom He gave His body, fulfilling the claim that "Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God." To which there is also a negative claim, saying: "and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world."

In other words, if we say we are His body, but do not confess that He has come [again] into our flesh--we are "not of God", but are lying about His body and His presence...which "is the spirit of Antichrist."