When does Satan impersonate Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ gave us clear warning of what would come at the end, that would if possible, deceive even the saints.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

So we shall have things foretold happen and most Christians will be prepared and be able to discern they are false, but Satan as a 'angel of light' can show himself as such and the impersonation Christ takes place, and even the most sincere Christian would be hard pressed to see through this deception.

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The church has long professed to look to the Second Coming of Christ as the realization of her hopes. Now the deceiver himself shows up as the 'angel of light' and make it appear that Christ has come in different parts of the earth.

In the end, the Beast power and the power of image of the Beast won't be enough. Satan will see he is going to lose his case and the apostate 'Mystery Babylon' won't be set up over all the world. So Satan comes and will manifest himself as the ultimate false christ, as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description but only able to wander about on earth trying to deceive. What will Christians do?

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now we have been given much in scripture that gives us direction, but many Christians have failed even on these things..

2 Timothy 4:3-5
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

2 Peter 2:1-3
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

2 John 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward. 9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

1 Timothy 1:3-7
3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. 5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; 7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

2 Corinthians 11:3-15
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted you may well put up with it!
5 For I consider that I am not at all inferior to the most eminent apostles. 6 Even though I am untrained in speech, yet I am not in knowledge. But we have been thoroughly manifested among you in all things.
7 Did I commit sin in humbling myself that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you free of charge? 8 I robbed other churches, taking wages from them to minister to you. 9 And when I was present with you, and in need, I was a burden to no one, for what I lacked the brethren who came from Macedonia supplied. And in everything I kept myself from being burdensome to you, and so I will keep myself. 10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows! 12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Deuteronomy 13:1-5
1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

How will they be able to withstand the ultimate deceiver....

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the lack of knowing God's word that will cause many to be deceived.

These do not want sound doctrine rather they want teachers to tickle their ears, coddle their sinful living, and require no accountability for their lifestyles !

Only by living in the word, having it hidden in our hearts through study, reading, and prayer and then it being revealed by the Spirit in times of need can we overcome the deceivers.

• Love
Reactions: Cyd and Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ gave us clear warning of what would come at the end, that would if possible, deceive even the saints.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

So we shall have things foretold happen and most Christians will be prepared and be able to discern they are false, but Satan as a 'angel of light' can show himself as such and the impersonation Christ takes place, and even the most sincere Christian would be hard pressed to see through this deception.

The church has long professed to look to the Second Coming of Christ as the realization of her hopes. Now the deceiver himself shows up as the 'angel of light' and make it appear that Christ has come in different parts of the earth.

In the end, the Beast power and the power of image of the Beast won't be enough. Satan will see he is going to lose his case and the apostate 'Mystery Babylon' won't be set up over all the world. So Satan comes and will manifest himself as the ultimate false christ, as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description but only able to wander about on earth trying to deceive. What will Christians do?
I would think Satan impersonates the Lord any time he believes it will help accomplish his purposes.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be deceived brethren, because Satan and his angels will be booted out of the heavenly dimension at the very end of this world, for the time of "great tribulation" that happens just prior to Christ's future return.

What that specifically... means, is that Satan, who also has the image of 'man', with his angels, are coming into OUR EARTHLY dimension, and will show up in PLAIN SIGHT on this earth.

So don't let men's ignorant suggestions of that future time about Satan being invisible still, because that would have to mean he is still working from the 'heavenly dimension'!

There are only TWO separate dimensions of existence written of in God's Word:

1. the Heavenly dimension = where God's Abode is, and that of the angels, even the pit of hell.
2. the Earthly dimension = the dimension we live in here on earth.

So think about that when you read the following, which has not happened yet today...

Rev 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not;
neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
KJV

That Testimony is one of the SIGNS of the very END which Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse of Mark 13. It's about the saints that will be delivered up to councils and the synagogues of Satan to give that Testimony by The Holy Spirit.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His fav thing to do today is NOT outright lie about what God has said but rather to convince sinners to impersonate believers.

A true believer has the peace of God in their forgiveness even when the storms are raging around them.

This is the deception today, for ppl to SAY they are in Christ, then live like their father, the devil. Remember satan & his minions can quote the words of God.

These shall not inherit the kingdom of God

1 Corinthians 6:9-119
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time I read about an unsaved person having a near death experience in Heaven, I believe they are deceived.
Then you must think Apostle Paul himself was deceived per 2 Corinthians 12, ...

... because Paul was at one time stoned and left for dead (Acts 14). Most likely he was being modest in 2 Cor.12 speaking of himself being caught up to the 3rd heaven.

The old Jewish tradition that we literally sleep in the casket in a grave when our flesh dies is just that, an Old Testament tradition of men, even disregarding Old Testament Scripture like Eccl.12:5-7. The New Testament covers more specifically what happens after our flesh dies, even Lord Jesus giving us a picture of the great fixed gulf in the heavenly dimension (Luke 16).

Thus it is especially those stuck on old Jewish traditions of the 'dead in the ground' theory that would also be against the idea of near death experiences, which many doctors can testify happens with patients near death.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Satan appearing as an angel of light does not mean he is coming as a immitation for Christ, but as an immitation of a holy angel. A holy angel sent by God with a message.

An example of this is the claimed appearance of the archangel Gabriel to Mohammed. This archangel instructed Mohammed to write the Qur'an. Now we know by the Qur'an denying Jesus as the Son of God that it is lying. And a Holy Angel such as Gabriel wouldn't be tasked with spreading a lie that is counter to the will of God. The will of God the Father that all would believe in his son, whom he sent.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan appearing as an angel of light does not mean he is coming as a immitation for Christ, but as an immitation of a holy angel. A holy angel sent by God with a message.

An example of this is the claimed appearance of the archangel Gabriel to Mohammed. This archangel instructed Mohammed to write the Qur'an. Now we know by the Qur'an denying Jesus as the Son of God that it is lying. And a Holy Angel such as Gabriel wouldn't be tasked with spreading a lie that is counter to the will of God. The will of God the Father that all would believe in his son, whom he sent.

Bible Scripture is clear that Satan with his angels will be booted out of the heavenly dimension at the end of this world. That is what the Revelation 12:7-17 Scripture is about.

Many have gotten so used to man's science and materialism that they no longer understand about the two different dimensions written of in God's Word, especially events like Genesis 18 & 19 where Jesus and two angels appeared to Abraham, and ate the food Abraham prepared for them, and the two angels being sent to Lot in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Even upon the mount of transfiguration, when Jesus was transfigured, and seen talking with Moses and Elijah, many brethren still today don't believe that was real, just because of the old Jewish tradition of 'dead in the ground' theories.

Satan and his angels are coming into OUR EARTHLY dimension, and those who refuse to understand that point will most likely be among those who believe he is The Christ, as that is the specific warning Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse about the end of this world, and again through His servant Apostle John in Revelation.

Reactions: lforrest

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Muhammed was illiterate. It was his followers that wrote down his "revelation" after his death.

Reactions: lforrest

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

... because Paul was at one time stoned and left for dead (Acts 14). Most likely he was being modest in 2 Cor.12 speaking of himself being caught up to the 3rd heaven.

The old Jewish tradition that we literally sleep in the casket in a grave when our flesh dies is just that, an Old Testament tradition of men, even disregarding Old Testament Scripture like Eccl.12:5-7. The New Testament covers more specifically what happens after our flesh dies, even Lord Jesus giving us a picture of the great fixed gulf in the heavenly dimension (Luke 16).

Thus it is especially those stuck on old Jewish traditions of the 'dead in the ground' theory that would also be against the idea of near death experiences, which many doctors can testify happens with patients near death.

That's not what I said. The Apostle was saved; and chosen by Christ Himself. I said the Unsaved, having a near death experience in heaven. The Bible is clear that no one been to heaven, except the Jesus, John 3:13, then later the Apostle Paul talked about the 3rd heaven -2 Corinthians 12:4 -how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More specifically... , Satan is... coming to play God. That is who Apostle Paul was pointing to in 2 Thessalonians 2...

2 Thess 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth
and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
KJV

What level of deception does that mean, with his coming to exalt himself "above all that is called God, or that is worshipped"?

Apostle Paul included that false one doing miracle working along with that, "after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders." Has any flesh-born man had that "all power and signs and lying wonders" ability? No! That is about a SUPERNATURAL working right here on earth. It's about powers of the Heavenly dimension done right here on earth, like the works of miracles Lord Jesus did.

Oh, miracles like Lord Jesus did on earth?? YEAH! Even raining fire down from heaven in the sight of men! Can Rodney Howard Browne do that? No!

Who would have that LEVEL of power of miracles on earth if not The Christ? Neighbor George next door? No... . Paula across the street? No... . Help me figure this out!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Satan, the antichrist, and the false prophet make for a mocking immitation of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, that is a trinity.

Satan's role is as the incorporeal spirit directing his cause in revelation. While the antichrist is a different person, a man, a minister of Satan.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is clear that no one been to heaven, except the Jesus, John 3:13, ....

I think you need to stop while you can, and do more Bible study, particularly Luke 16 about Lazarus and the rich man.

Mark 9:2-5
2 And after six days Jesus taketh with Him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and He was transfigured before them.
3 And His raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for Thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias."
KJV

So Elias and Moses were laying down in their graves when speaking with Jesus there?? Men's Jewish traditions of 'dead in the ground' is not Biblical.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I didn't hear him say Jesus once.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you need to stop while you can, and do more Bible study, particularly Luke 16 about Lazarus and the rich man.

Mark 9:2-5
2 And after six days Jesus taketh with Him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and He was transfigured before them.
3 And His raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for Thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias."
KJV

So Elias and Moses were laying down in their graves when speaking with Jesus there?? Men's Jewish traditions of 'dead in the ground' is not Biblical.
What are you talking about? They were saints in the conscious state in Abraham's bosom, carried there by angels, like Lazarus. Moses and the prophets had the Holy Spirit in them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan, the antichrist, and the false prophet make for a mocking immitation of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, that is a trinity.

Satan's role is as the incorporeal spirit directing his cause in revelation. While the antichrist is a different person, a man, a minister of Satan.

Strange that you bring that up, because there is no mention of the "false prophet" in that Revelation 13:11-14 Scripture.

(By the way, one of the moderators here deleted what I said about the Trinity of The Godhead, so how are you getting by with that?)

No, The Antichrist is Satan himself. In the Greek, the word 'antichrist' simply means, 'the instead of' or 'in place of' Christ.

Now those who don't know all their Bible often make the mistake of not having understood just what 'sin' it was that Satan did in the beginning. Satan coveted God's Throne for himself, wanting to be GOD. Do you think Apostle Paul understood that point when he warned about that coming false one at the end of this world, exalting himself as GOD, and over all that is even called... GOD, or that is worshipped? (2 Thess.2:4). Paul was describing the very 'sin' that Satan first did in the beginning. And Paul attached the miracle working that Jesus described with that false one.

Not only this, but in Revelation 12:3-4 it is pointing to Satan as that "red dragon" who drew one third of the angels ("stars") to earth in rebellion with him. And there is given along with that time in the old world, a beast kingdom of ten horns, seven heads, but only seven crowns, that Satan used to rebel with in that OLD WORLD. I know, many would say to me about that, "what in the world are you talking about Davy?" ...

... simple, Satan originally rebelled in wanting to be GOD, and worshipped as GOD, and for the END of this world, Satan is being allowed to come to earth, literally, in OUR earthly dimension, and try to do it again.

May God help those who don't yet understand this, because the time is very short when he will come to play Messiah in today's Jerusalem. When he does come, working the great signs and wonders, claiming to be GOD, then it will be too late for those who do not yet understand this, for they will be deceived thinking he is The Christ-Messiah having returned.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about? They were saints in the conscious state in Abraham's bosom, carried there by angels, like Lazarus. Moses and the prophets had the Holy Spirit in them.

You still do not understand, it's obvious.

Jesus' Luke 16 description of the rich man being in torments in 'hell', and speaking to Abraham, reveals his doing that without the need of a flesh body. And that's my point. Per 2 Corinthians 12, the one Paul was speaking about was most likely himself, but he did not die!

So what is... the difference, since the 2 Cor.12 example of that one did NOT die, yet was caught up to the Heavenly dimension?

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men's Jewish traditions of 'dead in the ground' is not Biblical.
I don't think the idea of soul sleep is even a Jewish tradition? I know in the 1st century at least, the Sadducees didn't believe in an afterlife AT ALL, while most of the rest believed in an underworld where the dead lived in captivity (hades), and some believed in another place for the righteous or martyrs (paradise). None of that is soul sleep...