When Is It Time To Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
what i have a prob with here is that "die daily" is not being honored, and instead "die literally" has become the focus

How can someone metaphorically "die daily" if they are not ready to die literally? That person still clings onto this world.

What is did Jesus say? I'll paraphrase: He who saves his life will lose it, and who looses it for my sake will find it.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What is a caduceus ?

I selected the word with my cursor, then right-clicked, and 'Ask' came up. So I clicked (left) on it, and this appeared,

ca·du·ce·us
[k uh- doo-see- uhs, -syoos, -sh uhs, - dyoo-]
NOUN [PLURAL CA·DU·CE·I]
Classical Mythology. the staff carried by Mercury as messenger of the gods.
a representation of this staff used as an emblem of the medical profession and as the insignia of the U.S. Army Medical Corps.

Reactions: Butterfly

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ! now I have a better idea of why I am still here......... vitamins..... !
I am talking at least 10 a day... So as soon as they run out I am going to stop.
Maybe just the one a day..... then.......... My Pa and Ma, and sister and brother ,
did not live past there 70's.... and I am 82.......... And I really want to go home!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
How can someone metaphorically "die daily" if they are not ready to die literally? That person still clings onto this world.
yes, i understand that the diff in earth and world is not understood by most believers.
Bam seek Death More Abundantly then, and best of luck to you
beware the thief in the night though, k

night is coming, when no one can work

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
yes, i understand that the diff in earth and world is not understood by most believers.
Bam seek Death More Abundantly then, and best of luck to you
beware the thief in the night though, k

night is coming, when no one can work
There will be a new earth as it is written, but do you think this world of sin and death will last forever? It will not.
Even so, spiritually speaking Christians only die once 'to sin' because Jesus took it upon himself at the cross. The associated spiritual condition of the believer is eternal, and this isn't an actual death, hence Jesus said they will never die. Metephoricly it has been said to die daily, this is simply part of progressive sanctification. Physically everyone also dies once, unless you are lazarus for example. Or happen to be alive when the Lord returns.

Do you know what religion glorifies death? You know it well, that there are no 72 virgins waiting in heaven to indulge someone's sexual appetites. I remember a video from a muslim convert that was impressed by this difference in culture, I will try to find it for you.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Last edited:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ! now I have a better idea of why I am still here......... vitamins..... !
I am talking at least 10 a day... So as soon as they run out I am going to stop.
Maybe just the one a day..... then.......... My Pa and Ma, and sister and brother ,
did not live past there 70's.... and I am 82.......... And I really want to go home!

From 2Corinthians 5:
6. So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7. For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

It is better to be with the Lord, young lady, but don't intentionally kill yourself; even slowly.
Your posts are enjoyed by many on these forums.
As the KJV would say: Hangeth thou in there!

Reactions: Butterfly

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you ! tabeltalk

That seems impossible , I mix things up so much........ all the time...... !

OH! I KNOW WHY ? ! YOUR MIXING ME UP WITH SOME ONE ELSE :) :) :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
um, yikes?
you gotta see how this defines "dead already," at least in a sense? You are not supposed to be of the world right now, right? And Scripture illustrates a better def for "dead," that you seem to be proudly claiming, without maybe realizing it? According to God, you are dead in any way that matters when you are spiritually dead, right, and physical death should be irrelevant to you, yet see, it is not. it is in fact central to your perspective, i guess.

don't get me wrong, but imo "thief in the night" goes with your idea of "going home" to some place that you have never seen, and cannot verify, except by applying your expectations to Scripture, wadr.

Christ is now assumed to have come so that you might have death, more abundantly, by your own words, seems to me
Dead in Christ for long time that is why religion and I dont get along.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ya, not interested in any misdirection here, but ty
judge others' servants to your heart's content tho ok, i understand

ah, i wondered how that pesky "die daily" v was made irrelevant, hmm

1 Corinthians 15:31 Lexicon: I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

I don't believe it is a matter of repeatingly dying daily...but of acknowledging that we are dead and staying so!!! Giving to place or life to the dead man that we were.

Paul said " Reckon yourself to be dead indeed unto sin, and alive unto God....."
Our focus is not to be on the 'being dead' thing...because that is a "woe unto me, I am a worm" attitude of hanging the head = focus upon us!! ...We are called to live "Alive unto God"..which glorifies God, not us, as we then become His refection on this earth.

My two cents

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't believe it is a matter of repeatingly dying daily...but of acknowledging that we are dead and staying so!!! Giving to place or life to the dead man that we were.

Paul said " Reckon yourself to be dead indeed unto sin, and alive unto God....."
Our focus is not to be on the 'being dead' thing...because that is a "woe unto me, I am a worm" attitude of hanging the head = focus upon us!! ...We are called to live "Alive unto God"..which glorifies God, not us, as we then become His refection on this earth.

My two cents
we are in kind of a weird bubble in a forum, imo, bc even if we might agree that dying daily is a process of suppressing our egos, we are called upon to exert our ego in defense of an interpretation, seems to me?

since Paul obviously did not literally die daily, he must have meant something else done daily. But i agree that there is a difference in humility and poor self-esteem, ya

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but of acknowledging that we are dead and staying so!!! Giving to place or life to the dead man that we were.
seems to me that this person by definition would not be craving or even looking forward to literal death then, right, but rather exhibiting or manifesting the joy of the Lord?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
ya, not interested in any misdirection here, but ty
judge others' servants to your heart's content tho ok, i understand

ah, i wondered how that pesky "die daily" v was made irrelevant, hmm

1 Corinthians 15:31 Lexicon: I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Works for me I couldn't find it anyways.

If it is scripture it is important, rather it is to be taken literally or not. Did you actually think people are to literally die daily?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Works for me I couldn't find it anyways.

If it is scripture it is important, rather it is to be taken literally or not. Did you actually think people are to literally die daily?
well no, obviously Paul did not literally die every day either, so he must have meant something else, right. Plus we have the added confusion of the definition of "die, dead" which is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending upon what is dead. "by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord" should be understood, i guess, and it seems rather cryptic at first.

but i can assert with confidence that if one is reflecting upon their literal death, or looking forward to that day, then by definition they have missed the Message. This pov of "i'm going home soon" that = "as soon as i have gotten decrepit enough" is seriously warped stuff, ok.

Christ came that you might have life, more abundantly, and you can't wait to die?
what is wrong with this picture?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
fwiw, then you might put your money where your mouth is, and stop eating, ok.
common "you" here ok, i'm speaking generally;
as if any hypocrites who claim they are dying to die would actually stop stuffing their pie holes for any significant amount of time, right

now unfortunately (or fortunately, depending) what is going to happen is that you are not going to die, but you will kill the candida in about 2-3 days, and you won't have a death wish anymore, you're suddenly gonna be waking up with anticipation again, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it lol

"i'm ready to go" is strictly the perspective of someone who is ill, to the point of death, and these sound just like the teenagers on G+ who all have a death wish, who are all eating crap too. Gee, let's get our theology from them too, eh

vit D deficiency will also cause this, and trust me everyone reading this is critically D deficient. Go get some sublingual D, about $20, and if you suddenly don't wanna die so bad in about an hour, iow the D hits you like a B12 shot, then you know. I'd recommend a natural source for long term, but this is a good test. Take a picture of yourself before and after, and see if you note any changes in color, etc. D is really hard to get now

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
guess i'm just being rude, sorry

but i sure wouldn't trust the theology of anyone with a death wish, ok

Guess you wouldn't trust the wisest man to have lived. Ecclesiastes 7 wouldn't fit well within a peaches and creme theology.