When Is It Time To Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mithraism is just that, a myth.
so is the death cult that has everyone centered on someday at the expense of today, Rollo

and a dialectic understanding reveals where vv are even poking fun of our assumptions, etc,
as they appear to say something else that seems validating. You are tacitly encouraged to associate yourself with Jacob, for instance. You are assured that PAul said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." many other lies that make up a tapestry.

"I'm not long for this world, this world is not my home"
and other deafening yack

our concept of a fiery place of eternal torture in the afterlife comes the same way; via scribes.
many will be deceived

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denying an afterlife seems to go against what Christ believed. How do you explain the disciples’ belief in the empty tomb and Christ’s appeareances after his death, bbryd?

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gosh, i thought ‘holistic Christian’ was Christianity

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
so is the death cult that has everyone centered on someday at the expense of today, Rollo

and a dialectic understanding reveals where vv are even poking fun of our assumptions, etc,
as they appear to say something else that seems validating. You are tacitly encouraged to associate yourself with Jacob, for instance. You are assured that PAul said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." many other lies that make up a tapestry.

"I'm not long for this world, this world is not my home"
and other deafening yack

our concept of a fiery place of eternal torture in the afterlife comes the same way; via scribes.
many will be deceived

There is Liberty in what you call defeat, because we can accept this world's struggles in stride. We know God's judgement is near. Anything he has not made will be consumed. Not even death has power over us. Everything is within God's area of influence.

All it takes is one word from his mouth and night turns to day, or day to night. His word will not come back empty.

In light of his awsome power, what in the world do we have to worry about?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
might seem unpleasant, sorry, but "we have the joy of knowing" is a dangerous perspective imo. For the very reason that you have enforced; an imagined afterlife that that has been inferred, but fails in light of other Scripture. Yes, you have vv that seem to say you are going to live "after you die," but see how that becomes "i'm ready to leave this world" etc, when we are commanded to leave the world if we wanna even follow Christ, right, so what happened

careful what you know, at least, alright
might seem unpleasant, sorry, but "we have the joy of knowing" is a dangerous perspective imo. For the very reason that you have enforced; an imagined afterlife that that has been inferred, but fails in light of other Scripture. Yes, you have vv that seem to say you are going to live "after you die," but see how that becomes "i'm ready to leave this world" etc, when we are commanded to leave the world if we wanna even follow Christ, right, so what happened

careful what you know, at least, alright

You should really read what is actually written. I made it clear that I referred to resurrection life. There is no life apart from resurrection.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You should really read what is actually written. I made it clear that I referred to resurrection life. There is no life apart from resurrection.
ah, there isn't? then when does this "resurrection" begin?
how are you defining that iow?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
nonetheless you can't wait to "leave the world," right
been ready to leave earth since you got "saved," isn't that correct?
iow world = earth, in that pov
"resurrection" has to mean "after i have physically died" iow?
you see no comparison with Esau here, denying his birthright?
Comfy identifying with Jacob? etc?

understand the only thing that might change here is perspective, ok, i don't mean these to be any final judgements or even binding edicts or anything, ok. If you want to believe in a place called heaven that you might attain only after you have died, then that is your right. Do you think of it as Valhalla, or Mt Olympus, or do you just leave it as "heaven" in your mind?

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah, there isn't? then when does this "resurrection" begin?
how are you defining that iow?
iow i'd like to suggest that this perspective of a better life after one physically dies is an ancient desire, that was prevalent at the time of the writing of the NT, too, and that Christ sought to overturn, when we "die daily." Only if one is determined enough, they can read whatever they want to read, see. "Life, more abundantly" can certainly be overlooked in favor of "death, more abundantly" if one wants to; hence to "thief in the night" imo.

and while this might seem to deny some other existence, tomorrow, i suggest that it only seeks to line up with "we do not yet know what we will become," and "take no thought for tomorrow."

"you and your sons will be here with me."

Reactions: amadeus

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iow i'd like to suggest that this perspective of a better life after one physically dies is an ancient desire, that was prevalent at the time of the writing of the NT, too, and that Christ sought to overturn, when we "die daily." Only if one is determined enough, they can read whatever they want to read, see. "Life, more abundantly" can certainly be overlooked in favor of "death, more abundantly" if one wants to; hence to "thief in the night" imo.

and while this might seem to deny some other existence, tomorrow, i suggest that it only seeks to line up with "we do not yet know what we will become," and "take no thought for tomorrow."

"you and your sons will be here with me."
I don't know where you stand byrdman, but if you have no hope of eternal life with Jesus Christ, then you have no hope at all.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know where you stand byrdman, but if you have no hope of eternal life with Jesus Christ, then you have no hope at all.
but i never said i have no hope of that Rollo; just that i have no desire to "live" only for that, or to imagine that i know what will become of me then, as a belief in heaven as a place that one might go to tomorrow invites imo.

i certainly agree that 19If we have put our hope in Christ for this life only, we should be pitied more than anyone, ok, but i can also see how many do not put their hope in Christ for this life at all!

Which is surely the seen and not seen point of that verse.
"Die daily" and stop worrying about dying literally, imo

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but i never said i have no hope of that Rollo; just that i have no desire to "live" only for that, or to imagine that i know what will become of me then. i certainly agree that 19If we have put our hope in Christ for this life only, we should be pitied more than anyone, ok, but i can also see how many do not put their hope in Christ for this life at all!

Which is surely the seen and not seen point of that v
You need to explain it better
You are constantly confusing people.

Isaaac Asimov was an astronomer and genius.
Yet he wrote books on astronomy that the average mind could understand.
And he wrote children's Bible stories that are some of the best ever written.
And yet he died an athiest.

Where do you stand?
I don't think anyone on this forum knows for sure

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You need to explain it better
You are constantly confusing people.
well, we might contemplate the v,
19If we have put our hope in Christ for this life only, we should be pitied more than anyone

which can be understood one way, or another way, as noted; or see that Paul is quoted as saying
"to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord," when that cannot really be quoted, etc.

or--and i could go on all day here; surely you could even add to the list--we might examine this "i am not long for this world, i'm eighty years old, and going to some place that i have been assured of by some ordained guy, but cannot really quote from Scripture" whatever language, in stead of "leave the world right now, if you seek to follow Christ," (paraphrased) and "you and your sons will be here with me." And "no one knows where they go when they die," and "we do not yet know what we will be."

see, you kind of have to pick one, the two do not go together