When Is It Time To Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@amadeus ...Thank you so much for sharing that John....What a precious woman, couldn't have been easy, as severe pain can be extremely difficult to hide from others.......My thought are that she had asked the Lord for help with that...It is an odd thing how some have to suffer so long, particularly if they are believers....but then, I guess we must be willing to let go too....Perhaps her concern for her husband kept her here a bit longer than perhaps she would have been, if she had simply surrendered to the Lord....I don't know....It's a hard thing to work out for sure...

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
that I will live to be 87
Amazing testimony Helen....I sincerely hope it is the truth, that you will at least make it to 87......It is a good age, but then again...My mother in law ( from my first husband who died ) turned 94 last month...My dad is 89 this year....My mum is 83 this year...Then my mum's sister is 85 this may and her husband is 87......My great grand mother lived til she was 102 as did my uncles mother ( mum's sisters husband ) hahaha....so yeah, it's certainly within reach :D

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ecently gifted with cookies infused with some oil
Yeah, it has become all too apparent who the ones are who are displaying criminal behavior, when it comes to this subject....Too much money in it for organized crime ...All the lies all these decades, and even now when it's proven to aid many serious medical issues for both humans and animals, those with criminal interests together with our governments are still taking us all for fools and making us out to be the criminals....but what can we do ? We gave them the powers to do this to us...I recently saw a result in a lovely dog who had been suffering seizures all it's life, but with a couple of drops of that oil he was all good again...It was remarkable....The sad thing is, there are no medications available, which can do the same thing, so unless this person is willing to break this nonsense law, they would have to watch their beloved pet in seizures all the time......Very un Christ like...They also forget that God created those plants and herbs which are able to help people....People were the ones silly enough to mess with the natural state of them, and it became something else...

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus ...Thank you so much for sharing that John....What a precious woman, couldn't have been easy, as severe pain can be extremely difficult to hide from others.......My thought are that she had asked the Lord for help with that...It is an odd thing how some have to suffer so long, particularly if they are believers....but then, I guess we must be willing to let go too....Perhaps her concern for her husband kept her here a bit longer than perhaps she would have been, if she had simply surrendered to the Lord....I don't know....It's a hard thing to work out for sure...
Indeed, she lived to be 90 years old. The largest mortuary in the city was packed to overflowing with those who loved her coming from all over the United States. Yet at the end her husband's care was foremost in her mind and heart.

Reactions: pia

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'If in this life only we have hope in Christ,
we are of all men most miserable.'

(1Cor. 15:19)

Hello @ByGrace,

I was intrigued by your OP, and on reading the article you highlight, I find myself agreeing with many of it's point.

For those of us who have been saved by God's grace, we have the joy of knowing that our life is not for this life only, that we have the joy of anticipating a life beyond this one, lived in resurrection glory, in the New Heaven and the New earth, wherein will dwell righteousness.

Personally, I have no problem with leaving this present world, except for leaving loved one's behind, for this world is definitely not my home, I am just passing through, (as the song says).

'The days of our years are threescore years and ten;
and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,
yet is their strength labour and sorrow;
for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.'

(Psa 90:10)

I shall be 70 yrs young in June of this year, :) and feeling the aches and pains and problems associated with advancing years now. I rest in God's hands, and He will do what seems good in His sight.

May His Name be praised!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For those of us who have been saved by God's grace, we have the joy of knowing that our life is not for this life only, that we have the joy of anticipating a life beyond this one, lived in resurrection glory, in the New Heaven and the New earth, wherein will dwell righteousness.
you know no such thing, and you are even speaking counter to much Scripture that assures us that we do not know what tomorrow will bring, individually. I suggest that "we" might corporately, but to say that you know you are assured of an afterlife in some place you have imagined is a Mithraist lie that you cannot support with a holistic view of Scripture.

you turn "life, more abundantly" into a death cult, wadr.
I know the passage you would quote for this, and fwiw i would at least suggest that you reflect upon it in light of other Scripture ok.
those of you who have been saved by God's grace are deceiving yourselves, mostly, and this can be shown from many, many passages.

many will be deceived.
These are all "believers," see

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but to say that you know you are assured of an afterlife in some place you have imagined is a Mithraist lie that you cannot support with a holistic view of Scriptur

Well @charity and I beg to differ , some of us believe what God said..when we responded to His call.
Maybe you cannot see it in scripture but it is there all the same..for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Try Job, King David , and other books...and all of the NT promises.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well @charity and I beg to differ , some of us believe what God said..when we responded to His call.
or at least what the Romans said, sure
Maybe you cannot see it in scripture but it is there all the same..for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.
and for the blind too, don't forget them; the ones who will pick and choose some Scriptures at the expense of others. So when we can only talk about those vv that support those views, and we cannot discuss those that oppose them, then we all know where we stand, i guess
Try Job, King David , and other books...and all of the NT promises.
try mine on for size, address those imo, and then we can talk ok. "We" do not yet know; only believers know, see.
Samuel (accepted) plainly tells Saul (rejected) that "you and your sons will be here with me."
And i could provide ten other refs, easy, that oppose that pov.
"Thief in the night" is even a call to consider this imo.

Or, you might walk out onto the street and ask the first person you meet if that is their understanding of "heaven" too, and see what you will see. I bet you could not find anyone to disagree with your pov if you polled people for the rest of the day, or week.
this should be powerful incentive to pause and reflect, i should think.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you know no such thing, and you are even speaking counter to much Scripture that assures us that we do not know what tomorrow will bring, individually. I suggest that "we" might corporately, but to say that you know you are assured of an afterlife in some place you have imagined is a Mithraist lie that you cannot support with a holistic view of Scripture.

I know the passage you would quote for this, and fwiw i would at least suggest that you reflect upon it in light of other Scripture ok.
those of you who have been saved by God's grace are deceiving yourselves, mostly, and this can be shown from many, many passages.

many will be deceived.
holistic view of Scripture?
Holistic is defined with philosophy and medicine but not spiritual beliefs.
In reality, you cannot find a holistic view of Scripture without first altering the definition of holistic.
And mithraism was a rival of true Christianity.
You've got yourself all mixed up.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
something i never see acknowledged is that "you" in the Bible is never differentiated from "you all," except in the original, and while this might seem like a small thing, it can be huge. If you apply a passage meant for "us all" to yourself, alla sudden you get to be a "we," see, and of course who knows any human that would disclude themselves from being a "we" once they have attained it, right?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
holistic view of Scripture? Holistic is defined with philosophy and medicine but not spiritual beliefs. In reality, you cannot find a holistic view of Scripture without first altering the definition of holistic.
so you say, but i do not agree with your definition, and the argument is a distraction anyway, as you know what i meant, which is what matters.
Holistic
"characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole"
works just fine, see

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And mithraism was a rival of true Christianity.
You've got yourself all mixed up.
Mithraism became the cult of Sol Invictus, and was folded into Christianity by decree of Roman Emperors and the RCC, and any of these terms can be searched. You cannot learn why and how Sunday worship came to foisted on believers without invoking the cult of Sol; the RCC even admits all this. I can quote the edict if you like.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Personally, I have no problem with leaving this present world
well wadr you were s'posed to do that right after you professed Christ, right, not when you literally die.

and fwiw i struggle with even bothering to tell ppl all this, ok, i am not interested in correcting ppl who mean well all day long.
So i keep these to about once a day, as i understand that you paid a lot of good money for your religious education, and i can only offend that

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

many will be deceived.
Hello @bbyrd009,

I do not know the Scripture you are referring to in your last paragraph, but I was thinking of one or two from Ephesians and Colossians, which tells us just where the blessings of the members of the Church which is His Body lie, and in Whom: and as they will be enjoyed fully in resurrection life then that is proof enough for me:-

'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who hath blessed us
with all spiritual blessings
in heavenly places
in Christ:
'
(Eph 1:3)

'Even when we were dead in sins,
hath quickened us together with Christ,
(by grace ye are saved )
And hath raised us up together,
and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come He might shew
the exceeding riches of his grace in His kindness toward us
through Christ Jesus.'

(Eph 2:5-7)

* In the sight of God it is already achieved, bbyrd009, in Christ Jesus our living Lord.

'If ye then be risen with Christ,
seek those things which are above,
where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above,
not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead,
and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'

(Col 3:1-4)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but i do not agree with your definition, and the argument is a distraction anyway, as you know what i meant, which is what matters.
Holistic
"characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole"
works just fine, see
Lol, yeah, if that's what it meant, but it doesn't.
So your whole argument is based on the false use of a word.
That's nothing to brag about.
If you want people to listen, then speak correct English.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mithraism became the cult of Sol Invictus, and was folded into Christianity by decree of Roman Emperors and the RCC, and any of these terms can be searched. You cannot learn why and how Sunday worship came to foisted on believers without invoking the cult of Sol; the RCC even admits all this. I can quote the edict if you like.

This statement by you is true;
"Mithraist lie that you cannot support with a holistic view of Scripture."
This is because there is no such thing as a holistic view of Scripture.
There is no proof of mithraism anyway.
People find something unknown, give it a name, and tell a story about it.
Mithraism is just that, a myth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What has made you so unpleasant, @bbyrd009?
might seem unpleasant, sorry, but "we have the joy of knowing" is a dangerous perspective imo. For the very reason that you have enforced; an imagined afterlife that that has been inferred, but fails in light of other Scripture. Yes, you have vv that seem to say you are going to live "after you die," but see how that becomes "i'm ready to leave this world" etc, when we are commanded to leave the world if we wanna even follow Christ, right, so what happened

careful what you know, at least, alright