When is it time to forgive and when is it time to act?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

No one was saying it was about money.
It is about Righting a Wrong.

The Whole Theme of Scripture is about Righting a Wrong.

First men being naturally born AGAINST God, and How to Right that, "SIN", according to Gods Way.

Secondly men being AGAINST men, and How to Right that, "TRESPASS", according to Gods Way.

Glory to God,
Taken
Do we turn the other cheek, or let them have it?

Reactions: Willie T

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we turn the other cheek, or let them have it?

Well, if you had read anything I said in context. If the other is willing to make an agreement, then do so. If not, forgiven them their trespass, and go on about your own business.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend ~
Not everyone Follows the Lord, whom you think Believes.
(Thus a "title" ie Pastor, youth Pastor, is NOT how you decide IF an other is one of the Lords disciples).

Yes, the first approach over an unsettled matter is TO the person who offended, if that fails, Then to the Chruch, if that fails, Then to Civil Authorities. (Not sure where you understood, to NOT go to Civil Authorities, ie a Court system.)
In any, of ^ those things, do it promptly, and with Facts in hand...not opinions.

Begging and Repeating Asking God for the same thing over and over...is not Taught in Scripture.

Your son, a Permanent disability?
It is God who does the Permanent Healing.

Why do you feel you have no Justice ?
It is God whom doles out Justice.
Trust and Believe...

Scripture teaches, to BE Concerned, about WHAT YOU DO, not what others DO TO YOU.
Forgive others THEIR "Trespasses" Against you.

When a man (person), Agrees TO DRINK from the SAME CUP Jesus DRANK OF....It is not about Drinking wine....and IS specifically about AGREEING, "that Because they Agree, THEY shall EXPECT to BE 'unjustly treated', LIKE JESUS WAS."

Jesus' Way...IS to seek 'what is JUST' from other men...First the offender, then the church, then the civil authorities....
THAT is for "the Offenders": obligation for Reparations "to the one Offended".

Fact IS...not every "Offender" IS Held to Giving "reparations" to the one "offended".

Doesn't matter. The "offended" may not "receive" reparations.
Doesn't matter. The "offended" has the Lords Way, which is to Forgive them their Trespasses, and move on.

What the "other" did to you, IS: handled by the Lord God Himself.

The CUP Jesus drank from, (and Every man IN Christ drinks from)....IS FILLED with the
"INDIGNATION" OF Worldly men.

The CUP God "HAS", is FILLED, with "HIS INDIGNATION" He has TOWARD Worldly men, and SHALL POUR OUT "HIS CUP", of INDIGNATION, upon Worldly men.
(As revealed in Revelations)

That ^ is God Himself, fulfilling His Promise, that Vengeance IS HIS, and He shall Pour out HIS Vengeance upon the men of the World, WHO did the same toward, Christ Jesus and those IN Christ.

Luke 6:
[46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Matt 20:
22: But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Matt 6:
[14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matt 6:
7: For when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Matt 12:
15] But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and hehealed them all;

Romans 12:
19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Rev 14:
10] The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

We put ourselves in the place of God when it is Him alone who owns/takes vengeance...in His time.

Reactions: Dave L and Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is supposed to BE HARD. And that is what I was saying about drinking from the Same cup as Jesus did. It was HARD for Him, and the question He posed, IS: is a man WILLING to walk the Straight and Narrow...Because, IT WILL BE A HARD Road.

God Bless,
Taken
Yes - no one ever said it would be easy. "Indeed all who will live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." Tim. I've found that verse to be true.

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where, Remembrance of what God said....Vengeance is His...should come to you.

Everyone WILL be held Accountable.

God Bless,
Taken
I've seen that happen. Other times I haven't seen it happen.

D

Dave L

Well, if you had read anything I said in context. If the other is willing to make an agreement, then do so. If not, forgiven them their trespass, and go on about your own business.

Glory to God,
Taken
This is what I normally do.............

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen that happen. Other times I haven't seen it happen.
Maybe you have seen God's justice in action, but just didn't recognize it because it wasn't what you hoped for or expected.
I'm not certain that Scripture was said to guarantee any of us that we were going to get our desire to see someone else suffer punishment. And as I have said numerous times before, God's Justice is not seeing that others "get theirs", nor is it "getting even with people". If we all got the "justice" we deserve, I shudder to think what would happen to probably every person posting on this forum.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you have seen God's justice in action, but just didn't see what you hoped for or expected.
I'm not certain that Scripture was said to guarantee any of us that we were going to get our desire to see someone suffer punishment. And as I have said numerous times before, God's Justice is not seeing that others "get theirs", nor is it "getting even with people". If we all got the "justice" we deserve, I shudder to think what would happen to probably every person posting on this forum.

"If we all got the "justice" we deserve, I shudder to think what would happen to probably every person posting on this forum."
Ha! Good point...I know I don't deserve ANYTHING good! Thank you God for your grace and MERCY!
Proverbs 24:17 "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice..." So, even if we DO witness their failure or downfall, we are not to rejoice in that...kinda hard to do if walking in the flesh, lol. I personally have peace leaving it to God as, nothing ever gets past Him ;)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sounds like Catholic bs to me, sorry. If you sow good you reap good, right?
There are promises made by God which will be kept, but that does not mean we deserve the rewards or blessings that we do receive. God is better than we are... God wants us to become like Him and has provided the means. Many people show no interest. Some show interest for selfish reasons. How many of us are really able or willing to always move selflessly in accord with God's will? Do we even know what that means?

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

John writes seemingly that there are some to be included in the following "we" but does that include you or me or any other person we could name on this forum? When is it that we are included in that "we"?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've posted all 11 of these before, but here are just three that seem to apply here: (I used these as part of an REBT class I taught ex-cons for a little over 24 years.)
NONSENSE #3
WHEN PEOPLE ACT OBNOXIOUSLY AND UNFAIRLY, THEY BECOME BAD, WICKED, ROTTEN INDIVIDUALS, AND I AM RIGHT TO BLAME AND DAMN THEM.
You rotten worm!
You’re a super slob for doing that to me, or will become a super slob if you ever do it in the future.
THE BIBLE:

“Judge not, that ye be not judged.” (Matt. 7:1)
“Blessed are the merciful ...” (Matt. 5:7)
“Forgive them for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:34)
“... But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you.”
(Matt. 5:43-44)
“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone ...
I have not condemned you, go and sin no more.” (John 8:1-11)
GOOD SENSE
Let’s face it. Fish swim, birds fly, and people sin (do obnoxious, unfair things to each other). Humanity will forever have a tendency to act unfairly, and, unfortunately, people will often give in to it. But, bad actions do not knock people off the scale of humanity. When others are unfair to me, I will fight the instinct to blame and condemn them. Instead, and depending on the situation, I will learn to: (1) avoid them, (2) live gracefully with their unfairness, or (3) work with them for change.

NONSENSE #4
IT IS AWFUL, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE AND UNBEARABLE TO BE SERIOUSLY FRUSTRATED, REJECTED, OR TREATED UNFAIRLY!
This is terrible, and I can’t stand it!
THE BIBLE:

“I have been thoroughly initiated into the human lot with all its ups and downs,
fullness, and hunger, plenty and want. I have strength for anything
through him who gives me power.” (Phil. 4:12-13)
“... do not fret over your life ... see how the lilies grow; they do not toil, or spin, and yet I tell you that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.” (Matt. 6:25)
“Use every piece of God’s Armor to resist the enemy ...
and when it is all over, you will still be standing.” (Eph. 6:13)
“But man is born unto trouble as the sparks fly upward.” (Job 5:7)
GOOD SENSE
Like everyone else, I dislike being frustrated, rejected and treated unfairly, and I am wise to do everything possible to avoid or overcome such things. But the truth is that I will withstand anything I cannot avoid or change until I die, or it stops. My only real choice is between standing it well or standing it poorly. Believing that anything is awful, horrible, terrible and unbearable will only lead me to stand it poorly instead of well.

NONSENSE #10
WE SHOULD BECOME UPSET OVER OTHER PEOPLE’S PROBLEMS
AND DISTURBANCES.
It’s so awful, terrible and horrible that this has happened to Sally or Sam,
but at least my high level of upset shows I am a deeply caring person
rather than an unfeeling slob.
THE BIBLE:

“... Let the dead bury their dead ...” (Luke 9:60)
“Martha, Martha, thou art anxious and troubled about many things, and yet only one thing is needful.” (Luke 10:41-42)
... First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see more clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.” (Matt. 7:5)
GOOD SENSE
Getting upset doesn’t prove I am a “good” person. It only proves I am an upset person. Instead of getting upset over other people’s problems, I am wise to first ask myself if the situation warrants my concern. There are many people in the world with many problems, and it is often wise to let people work at solving their own problems just as I am wise to work at solving my own problems. If another person’s problem does warrant my concern, I can work diligently and persistently to make the best of things now, and assist the person in avoiding harm and cultivating joy in the future. However, there is nothing I can do while I’m quite upset, that I can’t do more effectively and efficiently while I’m not upset.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There are promises made by God which will be kept, but that does not mean we deserve the rewards or blessings that we do receive.
as you sow, so shall you reap

so i have to categorically disagree wadr, although "deserve" is pretty subjective anyway i guess

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as you sow, so shall you reap

so i have to categorically disagree wadr, although "deserve" is pretty subjective anyway i guess
Absolutely! Deserve is problematic. God alone perhaps knows what is deserved by whom. If it is the one does "good" that is also deserving consider these words:

"The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one." Psalm 14:2-3

The "good" is what God alone is, is it not, at least, according to Jesus?

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt 19:17

So if any man approaches the "good" that God is, will he not also become deserving according to God? The problem here, of course, is that some men will want to claim that status of being good or of being deserving now. If it really is theirs, they may simply not know it or they will keep their mouths shut about it because of what God has accomplished in them. There is also a time to speak and a time to remain silent. [Ecc 3:1,7]

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009