When is the wedding? bridechamber/ bridegroom/ consummation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the wedding taking place now? To answer the question, we must first abandon the mindset given by this world that distorts and perverts God's design for marriage. Time is our biggest obstacle. And fear of comparing the corruptible (again this worlds perversion) with the incorruptible (the perfection of God). One feels dirty ( the flesh) the other makes you weep over the beauty within the thoroughness in God's(the spirit) perfect design.

Keep in mind the parable in Matthew: "The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come." And again in Matthew, "Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage."

(Luke 12:32-36)
"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately."

What does "when he will return from the wedding;" mean?

According to the Jewish marriage: marriage contract (signed in blood), Consummation and celebration. What has already taken place, and what has yet to be fulfilled? What are "lights burning" or "lamps" referring to in the Jewish wedding for when the husband returns for His bride? Is the next to take place the marriage supper of the Lamb?

Has the bride been consummated? Or is she being consummated as, those that are the Lord's come to Him and open the door when He knocks, receiving the Spirit and a new birth? Is it blasphemy to even think that?

(1 John 3) "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." The spirit comes and remains within us.

(1 John 14: 23) "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

(Revelation 19 7-10) " Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." notice was granted being past tense, and then blessed are being present. Maybe someone knows better translation than KJV. That is what I am reading from. Any input on others translations would be appreciated.

(2 Corinthians 11:2) "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." Could this be: Untangled from the world and the works of satisfying the law. Free, for the consummation of grace?

(Hebrews 13) "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge."

(Matthew 7) “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then I will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Why does God use Know or knew in terms of intimacy. Regardless, this verse has to mean they do not have the spirit within them, and thereby have not performed any works or the spirit by "knowing" the Lord. Undeniably, the spirit is within us. We are born again, born of Spirit, born of God. Consummation of Christ's seed, born then of God? New spirit. New birth.

Ephesians 5:29-32 "For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So, I ask again, has the consummation already taken place?

(John 3: 29) "He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled."

"And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast." (Matthew) (Mark) (Luke)

The bridechamber is where the consummation takes place?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church does not wed as a marriage finale at the end of days, but each comes "in his own order" (in his own time). So...if one's grand father or mother became One with Christ - they are wed. And if one is now One with Christ, they too are wed. But if one has not come to Christ yet, but will come in their time...only they await the time to come.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure I fully understand your response. If I understand correctly, I do not agree but rather, believe the body of Christ (the bride) is one; yet she continues to grow daily. We rejoice for those that come to know the Lord intimately.

Last edited:

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told us when the Marriage of the Lamb was consummated. He said it in John 19:30. "It is finished." The Latin is "Consummatum est."

The Last Supper and the Crucifixion and Death of our Lord were all part of the one sacrifice for all. It is the fulfillment of all the Passovers celebrated by the Jews since the night they left Egypt. Year after year all those lambs were slain to remember the mighty deeds of God. Now, Jesus is the Lamb of God. The one effective sacrifice that replaces all the ineffective sacrifices. The Last Supper was a Passover meal that Jesus transformed into a celebration of the new covenant. In the new Passover, Jesus is the Lamb who was slain for the salvation of the world. While they were at table Jesus took bread, blessed it broke it and gave it to the disciples saying "This is my body." Likewise with the cup saying "This is the cup of my blood. It will be shed for you and for all. It is the blood of the new covenant." The disciples ate the Lamb of the new Passover which was the Body and Blood of the Lord. Then Jesus completed the sacrifice by enduring the agony and humiliation of the passion and when all was completed he said "It is finished (consummated)" and gave up his spirit.

What is the "it" that was consummated? The marriage of Jesus with his bride. Who is Christ's bride? It's the Church (Ephesians 5:21 and following). So Jesus demonstrated how to be a bridegroom by giving his life for his bride.

So, just as an earthly husband and wife consummate their union on their wedding night, Jesus consummated his union with the Church by sacrificing himself to the Father on our behalf. But, do husbands and wives only have relations once in order to consummate the union and then never come together again? Of course not! Likewise, Jesus continues to have relations with his Church by re-offering the one sacrifice by sharing his Body and Blood with his Church day after day all around the world until the end of time. Now, though, instead of eating ineffective lamb chops the Church receives the true body and blood of her Lord that gives life unto eternity.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would say the "when" is after the Angel has declared ' Time no longer' ..when all else has been fulfilled ..then..
Revelation 19:6-9

6 "And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God."

I don't know about you, but I for one have not yet heard 'the voice of a great multitude' etc etc..
We are 'called to' the marriage supper of the Lamb.....but much has yet has to happen and be fulfilled before the End of the End...we are only in 'the beginning of the end' right now, as I read it in the scriptures.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the wedding taking place now? To answer the question, we must first abandon the mindset given by this world that distorts and perverts God's design for marriage. Time is our biggest obstacle. And fear of comparing the corruptible (again this worlds perversion) with the incorruptible (the perfection of God). One feels dirty ( the flesh) the other makes you weep over the beauty within the thoroughness in God's(the spirit) perfect design.

Keep in mind the parable in Matthew: "The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come." And again in Matthew, "Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage."

(Luke 12:32-36)
"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately."

What does "when he will return from the wedding;" mean?

According to the Jewish marriage: marriage contract (signed in blood), Consummation and celebration. What has already taken place, and what has yet to be fulfilled? What are "lights burning" or "lamps" referring to in the Jewish wedding for when the husband returns for His bride? Is the next to take place the marriage supper of the Lamb?

Has the bride been consummated? Or is she being consummated as, those that are the Lord's come to Him and open the door when He knocks, receiving the Spirit and a new birth? Is it blasphemy to even think that?

(1 John 3) "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." The spirit comes and remains within us.

(1 John 14: 23) "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

(Revelation 19 7-10) " Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." notice was granted being past tense, and then blessed are being present. Maybe someone knows better translation than KJV. That is what I am reading from. Any input on others translations would be appreciated.

(2 Corinthians 11:2) "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." Could this be: Untangled from the world and the works of satisfying the law. Free, for the consummation of grace?

(Hebrews 13) "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge."

(Matthew 7) “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then I will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Why does God use Know or knew in terms of intimacy. Regardless, this verse has to mean they do not have the spirit within them, and thereby have not performed any works or the spirit by "knowing" the Lord. Undeniably, the spirit is within us. We are born again, born of Spirit, born of God. Consummation of Christ's seed, born then of God? New spirit. New birth.

Ephesians 5:29-32 "For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

(John 3: 29) "He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled."

"And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast." (Matthew) (Mark) (Luke)

The bridechamber is where the consummation takes place?

The Church, the bride of Jesus Christ, is still being formed. It is still a virgin bride in waiting. So, no, the wedding nor the wedding supper has not yet taken place. Israel is spoken of as a bride and an adulterous wife also. I believe her relationship is with the Father. And the Churches is with the Son.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church, the bride of Jesus Christ, is still being formed. It is still a virgin bride in waiting. So, no, the wedding nor the wedding supper has not yet taken place. Israel is spoken of as a bride and an adulterous wife also. I believe her relationship is with the Father. And the Churches is with the Son.

Questions:
What about Luke 12: 35-36 which says, "Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately." Why does scripture say when "when he will return from the wedding"? How can he return from what has not taken place?

Mark 2:19 "And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the fast, while the bridegroom is with them?" How can there be children of the bridechamber when there was no consummation?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say the "when" is after the Angel has declared ' Time no longer' ..when all else has been fulfilled ..then..

'Time no longer' wouldn't that be after the 1000 year reign of Christ?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Questions:
What about Luke 12: 35-36 which says, "Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately." Why does scripture say when "when he will return from the wedding"? How can he return from what has not taken place?

Mark 2:19 "And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the fast, while the bridegroom is with them?" How can there be children of the bridechamber when there was no consummation?

In the absence of their Lord the disciples are told to maintain their watchfulness for Christ's return. Just as when a lord returns from his wedding. For this to apply to Christ's wedding, it points to a future day, the Second Coming. By that time the wedding of Christ and the Church would have taken place in heaven. When Christ is returning, there are still those on the earth who are redeemed and still need to watch and expect His return at any time.

Concerning (Mark 2:19) I would say the believers, even though the wedding has not taken place, are children of God already. Even these prior to the giving of the Holy Spirit, are believers and children of God. And us who are Christians now are born again, part of the Bride even though the wedding ceremony has not taken place.

I don't feel like I have answered your questions, but maybe it's a start.

Stranger