When to look for the rapture of the church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christ returns that spot will be TOTALLY wiped out

Zechariah 14:4 "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

This will happen on "the day of the Lord". God will shake the earth and send fire and brimstone upon it. The earthquakes will flatten the cities to where not one stone will stand upon another. Those two great mountains will shake, and the mount of Olives will split. All prophecies concerning Christ return include Mount Zion, and the Mount of Olives will be fulfilled. This is where Christ's feet will touch the earth, when He returns.

When Jesus and His disciples were departing out of Jerusalem before he would be delivered up to be crucified, they asked Him what it would be like at His second coming.

Matthew 24:2 "And Jesus said unto them, "See ye not all these things [Temple buildings]? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

Sure the city of Jerusalem has been destroyed from time to time, but there are still many stones stacked upon each other from the original construction. A simple trip to Jerusalem reveals that, for the wailing wall is one of the most popular markings of that city. Before that time another temple shall be built, and the Antichrist shall rule from that spot.

Then at the seventh trumpet, and Jesus Christ's return there will be a great shaking that will level the city of Jerusalem. At that shaking not one stone will be left upon another. Yet God will make a way of escape for his elect on that day. Then the "east gate", the one facing the "sun to the temple" will open a way of escape for God's people. That way will be there, and this destruction is not to be feared by one of God's elect.

Matthew 24 happened in 90 A.D. Nothing to do with the second coming.

Revelation makes it quite clear the Temple will be there at the second coming and beyond.

The day of the Lord begins at the rapture and goes to the end of time. Your reference from Peter is the end of time, not the second coming.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Church has always believed in the doctrine of immanency. That Christ could return at any moment. The writers of the Bible thought that it likely would happen in their lifetimes. When it didn't happen, they apparently revised their opinions and figured they better write their recollections and observations down. Thank God they did!
Today among the Reformed and even evangelical constituencies it has become unfashionable among many to admit this (giving them the excuse instead to concentrate on politics, etc.).

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Matthew 24 happened in 90 A.D. Nothing to do with the second coming.

Revelation makes it quite clear the Temple will be there at the second coming and beyond.

The day of the Lord begins at the rapture and goes to the end of time. Your reference from Peter is the end of time, not the second coming.

And you would have us do what with the below?

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not have her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"

Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

Did the tribulation happen in AD 70?

AD 70 was an ensample

I Corinthians 10:11 "Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."

"Ensamples" in the manuscripts is the Greek word "tupos", number 5179 in the Strong's Greek dictionary. "a sample, or type; i.e. a model for imitation, a fashion, for manner, or form." So Paul is telling us that those things that we read about in the Old Testament, of the events of the prophets of old are examples of what we should be looking for in our day. This is written to alert all people to be aware of how it shall be before Christ returns. What was written in the Exodus, or in Amos is written as examples for our admonition or warning. All of the Scriptures is given as a warning to those who are living in the times of the ends of this world age of the flesh. We will see the end of the flesh age come to a close, and there are many things that will come to pass right before our eyes that were written about in detail way back in the Old Testament time, and Paul is telling you and I to wake up to those warnings.

Each of the events that took place, the opening of the Red sea, the building of the false religious forms, and so on. God is telling us "look little children that is what is going to happen to you at the close of this earth age". We are living in that age, and these things are happening now. Can you learn by this? It is so simple. God did not leave us helpless nor hopeless in these end times, and that is why we must become skilled in all of His Word. It is all an example of what is going to befall us in our generation.

The Day of the Lord is when we gather to Christ,ie,start of the millennium

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Jo

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you would have us do what with the below?

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not have her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"

Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

Did the tribulation happen in AD 70?

AD 70 was an ensample

I Corinthians 10:11 "Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."

"Ensamples" in the manuscripts is the Greek word "tupos", number 5179 in the Strong's Greek dictionary. "a sample, or type; i.e. a model for imitation, a fashion, for manner, or form." So Paul is telling us that those things that we read about in the Old Testament, of the events of the prophets of old are examples of what we should be looking for in our day. This is written to alert all people to be aware of how it shall be before Christ returns. What was written in the Exodus, or in Amos is written as examples for our admonition or warning. All of the Scriptures is given as a warning to those who are living in the times of the ends of this world age of the flesh. We will see the end of the flesh age come to a close, and there are many things that will come to pass right before our eyes that were written about in detail way back in the Old Testament time, and Paul is telling you and I to wake up to those warnings.

Each of the events that took place, the opening of the Red sea, the building of the false religious forms, and so on. God is telling us "look little children that is what is going to happen to you at the close of this earth age". We are living in that age, and these things are happening now. Can you learn by this? It is so simple. God did not leave us helpless nor hopeless in these end times, and that is why we must become skilled in all of His Word. It is all an example of what is going to befall us in our generation.

The Day of the Lord is when we gather to Christ,ie,start of the millennium

Your versus are all about the tribulation period which is still future.

The day of the Lord is not a single day.
Day of the Lord

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christ returns that spot will be TOTALLY wiped out

Zechariah 14:4 "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

This will happen on "the day of the Lord". God will shake the earth and send fire and brimstone upon it. The earthquakes will flatten the cities to where not one stone will stand upon another. Those two great mountains will shake, and the mount of Olives will split. All prophecies concerning Christ return include Mount Zion, and the Mount of Olives will be fulfilled. This is where Christ's feet will touch the earth, when He returns.

When Jesus and His disciples were departing out of Jerusalem before he would be delivered up to be crucified, they asked Him what it would be like at His second coming.

Matthew 24:2 "And Jesus said unto them, "See ye not all these things [Temple buildings]? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

Sure the city of Jerusalem has been destroyed from time to time, but there are still many stones stacked upon each other from the original construction. A simple trip to Jerusalem reveals that, for the wailing wall is one of the most popular markings of that city. Before that time another temple shall be built, and the Antichrist shall rule from that spot.

Then at the seventh trumpet, and Jesus Christ's return there will be a great shaking that will level the city of Jerusalem. At that shaking not one stone will be left upon another. Yet God will make a way of escape for his elect on that day. Then the "east gate", the one facing the "sun to the temple" will open a way of escape for God's people. That way will be there, and this destruction is not to be feared by one of God's elect.

If you say so

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
If you say so

It's not me that's saying it,whatever I say on this and all other forums is, as Christ said,have you not read.

Do you understand that what we say on these forums,will come back to us,I'm good in planting seeds ,if one should lead His sheep astray ,you got to answer for that!

Judgement starts at the pulpit

As you can see ,there's a whole lot of different opinions on these forums,and everybody can't be right

We all teaching on here,or at least trying to,but you as well as me shall stand alone before God!!!!!!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alexander fits all the biblical descriptions of the AC. He was killed with a head wound. But since he cannot be resurrected, it has to be the demon that ruled through him, as shown in Revelation when the three "frog like dirty spirits" come out of the mouths of the AC, false prophet and AOD (Satan).

Ummm there are SEVEN "heads". So if one of them is "Alexander", then who are the other six?!?
-- And it ain't "Alexander", -- he's dead, or so I've been told! ;)

So many "theories", so little basis (Scriptural OR Historical). Perhaps it in our nature to behave like the five "wise men" and the elephant, but at the same time, how can people screw up something that's so clearly defined by Scripture and substantiated by History??? The nonsense defies reality. -- Take for example "the E.U.". Are there REALLY "ten" nations? Come on. Who in their right mind can defend such a premise?
CI, you seem to be a fairly intelligent guy, but your church doctrines have skewed your ability to think independently.

With Best Regards,
BJ

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The reason the restrainer has to be the Holy Spirit is quite simple. No one else could be.
You are putting a condition upon God, which I don't think wise, or biblical.
Could the restrainer be the Holy Spirit? Of course. It might even be the most likely choice. But the HS is NOT the only option. In Rev 20 an angel binds Satan. Does anyone think this angel does this under his own authority or power? Of course not. He does it because he acts with God's power and authority; something Satan, and the AC, is powerless against.
So when it comes to who the restrainer "has to be"...the bible does say. That makes it wrong for us to say. We are thus putting authority upon our GUESS that should only be on God's word.

As for AC we have a lot of clues but cannot identify the specific person.

The AC beast rises out of the sea, meaning people.

He comes out of the Ten Toe nations which will join together as his empire. That is the EU.

He is the eighth king coming out of the seven heads of mystery Babylon. He is the head that was fatally wounded but returns to life.

That head is Greece, which is one of the 10 toes and the EU.

The specific king is Alexander the great, who died from a fatal head wound.

Of course, it must be the demon of Alexander otherwise you're talking resurrection, which cannot happen.

The history of Alexander the great matches the characteristics given about the AC.

Add to that, in the sixth bowl, we are told three foul spirits will come out the mouths of the AC, false prophet and dragon, which is the name of the AOD that Satan enters and brings to life.

This eliminates organizations, Satan and the Pope from being the AC.

I believe the person who will be the AC is alive and functioning in the EU today.

There is no mistaking the verses given above are talking about the 70th week of Daniel, the book of Revelation and other things covered in Daniel.

While I don't disagree that Daniel or Revelation speaks about this 'man of sin'...or 'beast', like I said before, the passages that do, clearly, discuss him, do not give us any more information about who he is currently being restrained by, or, as you say, his identity. Therefore, I'm not quite sure of your point in relation to the topic, sorry.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I said no such thing. If you want to speak for me then do whatever you say...okay.

Glory to God,
Taken
Sorry if I mistook you...I did my darn best to understand the post. As I said, I found it a little hard to grab hold of as it seemed a bit...vague.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if I mistook you...I did my darn best to understand the post. As I said, I found it a little hard to grab hold of as it seemed a bit...vague.

No problem. It was vague, because it had nothing to do with you.

God Bless,
Taken

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I don't see the Rapture (1 Thess. 4) and the day of the Lord as the same.

The Day of the Lord is when we gather back to Christ,there are only two advents of Christ in all of scripture,please look at the below scripture

Mark 13:23 "But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you ALL things."

Can you show me anywhere in scripture where Christ told you about a rapture

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Day of the Lord is when we gather back to Christ,there are only two advents of Christ in all of scripture,please look at the below scripture

Mark 13:23 "But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you ALL things."

Can you show me anywhere in scripture where Christ told you about a rapture
1 Thess. 4; John 14.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
In Mark 13
Jesus gave us the seven seals, and these seals are also recorded in the Book of Revelation. They are the seals that mark the end of this earth age of the flesh. The very word "Revelation" means "to reveal", to make known.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No problem. It was vague, because it had nothing to do with you.

God Bless,
Taken
So, your admittedly vague post -that way because it had nothing to do with me - was still in no way an attempt to tell me to butt out? If it wasn’t to me or for me, why on earth did you take the time to reply to me at all? You could have simply ignored me and it would have been done! :rolleyes: