When we see things BEGIN to happen -Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But He still say it will be like a thief in the night and so the looking up part is hopeful expectations, but trusting Him to take us no matter what we are in the middle of doing. Let's trust Him to help us not prefer whatever we are doing to leaving with Him.
Right. Who would prefer something other than being up in the air in eternal bodies forever with the ones we love and Jesus!? If anyone thought they may prefer something else, they will soon find out they sure actually didn't! Now if they call out a train on track number 7 and say it is time to board, but they can't announce the actual departure time, we still know it is close. When we start to see some of the signs we know it is close, though we don't know the precise hour or even day. No one in history before that time even had any idea when it was near. When people see some of the signs start, they can look up, cause they know it's near.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said look up when we start to see these signs. That is not at the end of the Trib! You have been corrected.

There are TWO MORE BIBLE CHAPTER Witnesses of Christ's Olivet discoures TO CONSIDER that you are leaving out, Matthew 24 and Mark 13. You cannot try to use Luke 21 by itself, even though Jesus WAS... pointing to the day of His coming to gather His Church when He said for them to look up, for their redemption draweth nigh.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Who would prefer something other than being up in the air in eternal bodies forever with the ones we love and Jesus!? If anyone thought they may prefer something else, they will soon find out they sure actually didn't! Now if they call out a train on track number 7 and say it is time to board, but they can't announce the actual departure time, we still know it is close. When we start to see some of the signs we know it is close, though we don't know the precise hour or even day. No one in history before that time even had any idea when it was near. When people see some of the signs start, they can look up, cause they know it's near.

It is possible for saved believers to lose sight of Him in living their daily lives for when the Bridegroom comes.

Luke 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God. 16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

See the excuses? Those are believers ensnared by the cares of this life.

Know what is scary? Having someone you love complain about the Lord appearing in the middle of Wheel of Fortune!! Hope in Him that will not happen for any one I love..

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is possible for saved believers to lose sight of Him in living their daily lives for when the Bridegroom comes.

How many here, watched "Game of Thrones"........or a Movie Recently?

When you were watching those, did you have your eyes and mind on Christ?

No you didnt.

Here is the good news.

""""Christ in you, the hope of Glory."""

You'll go to heaven, if you are born again, because Jesus who is THE RESURRECTION and THE LIFE, is the only reason you go.

Try to keep your mind and heart on Him, as much as you can.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No you didnt.

I had started to watch Game of Thrones, but I was turned off from the beginning by the incest, thanks to Him, but movies? Sure.

Now let me ask you. Have you ever gone shopping? Are the cares of this life on your mind, even making plans for tomorrow? Was your mind on Christ then? Are we putting off a good deed today to do tomorow?

James 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

I may not be thinking about Him during trying moment, but He is carrying me through it as I trust Him to help me be good and to do good because I cannot do it, but I trust Him because He said He will help me to be good and to do good.

So be realistic about what you mean when obviously our minds are not on Christ all the time. Our hope & faith, & confidence and trust is in Christ to lead us in the way we ought to go and if I am watching something that sow to my flesh, I look away or stop watching it altogether thanks to Him because that is what I am trusting Him as my Good Shepherd & Friend to do.

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Here is the good news.

You'll go to heaven, if you are born again, because Jesus who is THE RESURRECTION and THE LIFE, is the only reason you go.

I trust & hope in Him to for all things.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

So what do you hope in Christ Jesus for? Just salvation? Or for everything?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are TWO MORE BIBLE CHAPTER Witnesses of Christ's Olivet discoures TO CONSIDER that you are leaving out, Matthew 24 and Mark 13. You cannot try to use Luke 21 by itself, even though Jesus WAS... pointing to the day of His coming to gather His Church when He said for them to look up, for their redemption draweth nigh.
And what do you think you see in these that contradicts Luke?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure why you are so worried about that. Once He lives inside of us we can't lose Him.

Luke 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God. 16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Those who believe in Jesus are ready. Those who do not are not ready. When Israel rejected Jesus, He went out and invited others to accept Him.

That is not believers. That is people with excuses to not believe when they are asked.
Know what is scary? Having someone you love complain about the Lord appearing in the middle of Wheel of Fortune!!
I didn't do that.
What is somewhat concerning though is how some people seem to think they have to run fast enough on some hamster wheel of works to be sure they stay saved. The problem is we cannot keep ourselves saved any more than we can save ourselves to begin with.

Hope in Him that will not happen for any one I love..
He loves them, so relax. Your love is like a candle in New York City compared to the light of His love. He died for them, and no man can pluck any from His hand.

Reactions: friend of

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why you are so worried about that. Once He lives inside of us we can't lose Him.

Those who believe in Jesus are ready. Those who do not are not ready. When Israel rejected Jesus, He went out and invited others to accept Him.

That is not believers. That is people with excuses to not believe when they are asked.
I didn't do that.
What is somewhat concerning though is how some people seem to think they have to run fast enough on some hamster wheel of works to be sure they stay saved. The problem is we cannot keep ourselves saved any more than we can save ourselves to begin with.

He loves them, so relax. Your love is like a candle in New York City compared to the light of His love. He died for them, and no man can pluck any from His hand.

Remember the falling away from the faith in these latter days that was to come before His appearing? 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 This is why God is judging His House first to excommunicate those not abiding in Him as His disciples so He will finish His work in those left behind in that day.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

So God will be judging His House first at the pre great tribulation rapture event for why those left behind to die, their spirits will be with the Lord to wait for their resurrection after the great tribulation to serve the king of kings on earth Revelation 20:1-6.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

No one can lose salvation, but like Esau and the prodigal son, they can miss out on the first fruits of the resurrection for when the Bridegroom comes. He did warn the church at Thyatira to repent or else be cast into the bed of the great tribulation Revelation 2:18-25

That is why He is warning believers to be ready or else be cut off as a castaway for being in unrepentant iniquity as found not abiding in Him & His words in living as His disciples.

Note how His servants that gets left behind are given stripes per the knowledge they had for not being ready Luke 12:40-49

Note verse 6 in John 15:1-8 in how not abiding in Him & His words can risk being cut off from the vine at the rapture event.

but not just only for abiding in Him & His words as His disciples, but to pray for our escape because the cares of life can be a snare.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Like it or not, a lot of believers are living religiously rather than by faith in Jesus Christ & not just falling away from the faith by that apostasy 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 & 2 Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & 2 Thessalonians 2:9-15.

God's Trust in Us

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what do you think you see in these that contradicts Luke?

You want to glue only to Luke 21, let's talk about Matthew 24 and Mark 13 with it then. All three of those examples of Christ's Olivet discourse give some different info.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remember the falling away from the faith in these latter days that was to come before His appearing? 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 This is why God is judging His House first to excommunicate those not abiding in Him as His disciples so He will finish His work in those left behind in that day.
OK. It should be noted however that His judgments are more to be desired than gold, and are for our good. That does not mean He casts us off. He that comes to Him will He in no wise cast off.
1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

So God will be judging His House first at the pre great tribulation rapture event for why those left behind to die, their spirits will be with the Lord to wait for their resurrection after the great tribulation to serve the king of kings on earth Revelation 20:1-6.
Those who are not taken in the air to be with Him in the Rapture do not die. They get left on earth.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
We the Bride will of course appear to be given rewards by Jesus after the Rapture.

No one can lose salvation, but like Esau and the prodigal son, they can miss out on the first fruits of the resurrection for when the Bridegroom comes. He did warn the church at Thyatira to repent or else be cast into the bed of the great tribulation Revelation 2:18-25
No. If they are His believing Bride they do not miss out. If they are not His, then of course they do not come up into the air to be with Him in the Rapture.

That is why He is warning believers to be ready or else be cut off as a castaway for being in unrepentant iniquity as found not abiding in Him & His words in living as His disciples.
If we believe we are ready and will not be a castaway. We did repent to be saved. Some abide more than others and some get a better reward than others.
Note how His servants that gets left behind are given stripes per the knowledge they had for not being ready Luke 12:40-49
Not left behind. His servants get taken. The ones appointed their portion with the unbelievers are unbelievers. They were not really servants of God.
Note verse 6 in John 15:1-8 in how not abiding in Him & His words can risk being cut off from the vine at the rapture event.
Those who are not His will not abide in Him. That verse does not talk of the Rapture. If people are saved He dwell in them. If they were not saved, they of course do not abide in the vine and are cast off. The only way we risk being cut off is by not being saved. He is not talking to the saved there! The saved will be purged so they can do better, not cast off.
but not just only for abiding in Him & His words as His disciples, but to pray for our escape because the cares of life can be a snare.
He will unsnare us if some are snared that day. The cares of this life are what keep people FROM being saved.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

If people are overcome by the cares of this world then they will not come to Him. When they do come to Him and believe we then are aware that that day is coming.

Like it or not, a lot of believers are living religiously rather than by faith in Jesus Christ & not just falling away from the faith by that apostasy 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 & 2 Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & 2 Thessalonians 2:9-15.

God's Trust in Us
If they are not living by faith then they are not believers. The heart must be right, and that happens when we ask Him in. He works on us from the inside. If people are running around making a show of religion and do not have the love of God in their hearts, He knows them not. Not a single believer is left behind.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You want to glue only to Luke 21, let's talk about Matthew 24 and Mark 13 with it then. All three of those examples of Christ's Olivet discourse give some different info.
What in those chapters do you think contradicts Luke?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No you didnt.

Here is the good news.

No one is going to Heaven, the heavenly dimension is going to be revealed right here, on earth. Have you not read...

Rev 21:9-10
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, 'Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.'
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

KJV

Rev 21:23-24
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

KJV

The "kings of the earth"? in that future time? YES! This earth isn't going anywhere, for God created it to be forever. He is simply going to cleanse the surface of this earth by His consuming fire on the last day of this present world, just like He did previously but with waters of a flood.

The main difference on that last day though, when Jesus returns, is that the veil of the hidden Heavenly dimension is going to be removed for all on earth to see. And that will happen suddenly, at an instant, like waking up from a dream (per Isaiah).

Reactions: ewq1938

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

Know what is scary? Having someone you love complain about the Lord appearing in the middle of Wheel of Fortune!! Hope in Him that will not happen for any one I love..
The Lords coming will have plenty of warning as seen below, your wheel of fortune example is a big smile!

Luke 21:25-28KJV
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

So what do you hope in Christ Jesus for? Just salvation? Or for everything?

I've posted over 200 Threads on this Forum.
If you want to know what i think, believe, teach.......then go read 40 or 50.
Im crystal clear.