When were you created

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

before or at conception

• Total voters

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So who may I ask were the morning stars and the sons of God,and mind you God asked the question of when He hung the earth?
You seem to know everything perhaps you would like to tell us. Not your opinion but facts from scripture.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strong's supports the word "fill", not replenish.

I checked over 50 translations, and KJV is the only one that says "replenish". All of the other translations say "fill".

Notwithstanding, I do not believe Adam and Eve were the first beings to inhabit planet earth, and whatever happened back there, suggests a punishment wherein the earth became formless and void.

The scriptures tell us that before God started preparing the earth for life on that 1st creative's day the Earth was formless and void. ( Genesis 1:2-5- the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.)
Whether it was without form and void due to some punishment the scriptures don't say. The only punishment spoken in the scriptures was due to Adam and Eve disobeying God commandment to not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This punishment God gave however didn't make the Earth formless and void. As I said the Earth was in a state of being formless and void before the first creative day.

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You seem to know everything perhaps you would like to tell us. Not your opinion but facts from scripture.

You asked I gave (SCRIPTURE),now you can't accept that!!

And I don't know everything,however everything I post I'm ready to face my Father for it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The scriptures tell us that before God started preparing the earth for life on that 1st creative's day the Earth was formless and void. ( Genesis 1:2-5- the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.)
Whether it was without form and void due to some punishment the scriptures don't say. The only punishment spoken in the scriptures was due to Adam and Eve disobeying God commandment to not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This punishment God gave however didn't make the Earth formless and void. As I said the Earth was in a state of being formless and void before the first creative day.

Scripture tells us the earth was created perfect

Isaiah 45:18; "For thus saith the Lord That created the heavens; God Himself That formed the earth and made it; He hath established it He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: "I am the Lord; and there is none else."

II Peter 3:5; "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:"

The earth came about by "the word of God", God's speech. Some ministers preach that this was Noah's flood, well let's see.

II Peter 3:6; "Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:"

Perished means total destruction. "The world [age] that then was" ended in total ruin through another flood that was prior to Noah's day. There were no survivors of that flood; no animals, no man, no insects, nor vegetation survived in any form. Everything perished! We know in Noah's flood that two of all life forms were saved.

He spoke and it was.

satan as lucifer sinned before Adam and Eve,he satan is the only reason we were made flesh

Last edited:

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 9:25 "every man that strives for the mastery is temperate in all things".
Or at least they ought to be.
But should Christian Forums be an exception?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Romans 9: 10-13 is talking about Rebekah already had conceived these children so they were already in her womb. I asked you where in the scriptures does it speak about Esau before he was in the womb. These scriptures only show us what God said while they were in the womb not yet born so they haven't done anything good or evil.

For me it's as scripture say's,here a little there a little and the below fit's perfect,as I see it

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Before Jeremiah was even concieved within his mothers womb, God is telling Jeremiah that He knew him, and before Jeremiah was born, God sanctified him, which is to set Jeremiah apart for God's mission.

Even if you give me that what you stated,what was the reason He hated Esau?

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For me it's as scripture say's,here a little there a little and the below fit's perfect,as I see it

Bless you for adding those vital words "As I see it"..... leaves room for the vast array of differing convictions that go towards building the multiply membered 'Body of Christ'; so much 'truth' being personally perceived, as distinct from the mainstream stuff which needs to be as universally absolute as 'possible'.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Before Jeremiah was even concieved within his mothers womb, God is telling Jeremiah that He knew him, and before Jeremiah was born, God sanctified him, which is to set Jeremiah apart for God's mission.

Even if you give me that what you stated,what was the reason He hated Esau?

The mixing of DNA from both parents at conception is what produces the pattern that determines physical and mental tendencies. These make that child differ from all others. This occurs even before the “parts” are formed, just as the psalm continues, “as regards the days when they were formed and there was not yet one among them.” Those ‘parts down in writing’ are not just a “piece of tissue.” The potential personality traits of each embryo are there for the Creator to see, as if in his “book.”
With this background, we can see how God could say to Jeremiah: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you for my own; before you were born I consecrated you.” (Jer. 1:5, The New English Bible) Notice that God viewed Jeremiah as a separate person while still in the unborn state. He could “know” him and judge him worthy for God’s special work because an immeasurable number of Jeremiah’s potential traits had been determined within minutes of his conception!

From Jehovah’s conversation with young Jeremiah, it is clear that he was one of the few men for whose birth Jehovah assumed responsibility. And why did he take specific interest in Jeremiah from his conception onward? Because Jehovah had a special commission in mind for him. Thus, he could say: “Before you proceeded to come forth from the womb I sanctified you.” (Jeremiah 1:5)

As far as hating Esau, God didn't say that he hated Esau while Esau was in his mother's womb. The only thing God said while Esau was in his mothers womb is that the older(Esau) would serve the younger. When the scriptures say that God hated Esau it was because Esau had no respect for what God loved, meaning spiritual things, after all Esau sold his firstborn rights to Jacob for a bowl of stew.

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The mixing of DNA from both parents at conception is what produces the pattern that determines physical and mental tendencies. These make that child differ from all others. This occurs even before the “parts” are formed, just as the psalm continues, “as regards the days when they were formed and there was not yet one among them.” Those ‘parts down in writing’ are not just a “piece of tissue.” The potential personality traits of each embryo are there for the Creator to see, as if in his “book.”
With this background, we can see how God could say to Jeremiah: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you for my own; before you were born I consecrated you.” (Jer. 1:5, The New English Bible) Notice that God viewed Jeremiah as a separate person while still in the unborn state. He could “know” him and judge him worthy for God’s special work because an immeasurable number of Jeremiah’s potential traits had been determined within minutes of his conception!

From Jehovah’s conversation with young Jeremiah, it is clear that he was one of the few men for whose birth Jehovah assumed responsibility. And why did he take specific interest in Jeremiah from his conception onward? Because Jehovah had a special commission in mind for him. Thus, he could say: “Before you proceeded to come forth from the womb I sanctified you.” (Jeremiah 1:5)

As far as hating Esau, God didn't say that he hated Esau while Esau was in his mother's womb. The only thing God said while Esau was in his mothers womb is that the older(Esau) would serve the younger. When the scriptures say that God hated Esau it was because Esau had no respect for what God loved, meaning spiritual things, after all Esau sold his firstborn rights to Jacob for a bowl of stew.

Not gonna comment on your Jeremiah response,as I can't agree and that's all I can show from scripture .As for Esau God did say He hated him before he was born,can't see how you don't see it,as it's stated clearly,all good though,we see as we do...

Just glad we can discuss with no arguments

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, I find in the scriptures where God created Adam & Eve and then told them to be fruitful and multiply. I find nothing in the scriptures where it says each individual human is created. I also find nothing in the scriptures that say we have souls. I do see in scripture that say we are souls. God created Adam & Eve then procreation took over when God told them to be fruitful and multiply..
Yes. Where have I heard that before..."you do not 'have' a soul, you 'are' a soul...you 'have' a body?" I like it. it sounds right. Our physical bodies are definitely an important part of us, but we are more than flesh and bone. Our flesh and bone doesn't think, feel and believe. But then, God created our thinking, feeling, believing selves to be able to physically interact with his creation. It's interesting to think about.

Reactions: n2thelight

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Yes. Where have I heard that before..."you do not 'have' a soul, you 'are' a soul...you 'have' a body?" I like it. it sounds right. Our physical bodies are definitely an important part of us, but we are more than flesh and bone. Our flesh and bone doesn't think, feel and believe. But then, God created our thinking, feeling, believing selves to be able to physically interact with his creation. It's interesting to think about.

Flesh is selfish it wants what it want,in contradiction to our soul..

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's not the way my Bible reads:

Malachi 1:2-3 declares, “‘I have loved you,’” says the LORD. But you ask, ‘How have you loved us?’ ‘Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?’ the LORD says. ‘Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals.’” Malachi 1:3 is quoted in Romans 9:10-13, “Not only that, but Rebekah’s children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls—she was told, ‘The older will serve the younger.’ Just as it is written: ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.’”

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not gonna comment on your Jeremiah response,as I can't agree and that's all I can show from scripture .As for Esau God did say He hated him before he was born,can't see how you don't see it,as it's stated clearly,all good though,we see as we do...

Just glad we can discuss with no arguments

Show me the Scripture that says God hated Esau when he was in the womb but before he was born. I believe what's written down in Scripture. There is Scripture that says God hated Esau but it was after he was born and he had demonstrated he cared nothing about spiritual things.

I think that so many people believe that God can't make a flesh and bone creature such as a human who can think, feel, and believe. Such People think that he had to put something else in humans that separates at death that does all this thinking, feeling, and believing. Well I think those people that believe that, under estimate the way God has created our good old flesh and bone body, especially the brain part.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not the way my Bible reads:

Malachi 1:2-3 declares, “‘I have loved you,’” says the LORD. But you ask, ‘How have you loved us?’ ‘Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?’ the LORD says. ‘Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals.’” Malachi 1:3 is quoted in Romans 9:10-13, “Not only that, but Rebekah’s children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls—she was told, ‘The older will serve the younger.’ Just as it is written: ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.’”

we read at Malachi 1:2, 3, after Jehovah says, “I loved Jacob,” he states, “Esau I have hated.” Why the difference? Jacob magnified Jehovah, but his twin brother, Esau, did not. Esau was also called Edom. At Malachi 1:4, the land of Edom is called the territory of wickedness, and its inhabitants are denounced. The name Edom (meaning “Red”) was given to Esau after he sold his precious birthright to Jacob for some red stew. “Esau despised the birthright,” says Genesis 25:34. The apostle Paul urged fellow believers to be careful that “there may be no fornicator nor anyone not appreciating sacred things, like Esau, who in exchange for one meal gave away his rights as firstborn.”—Hebrews 12:14-16.
The paragraph above shows why God hated Esau. Esau had done many bad things. So yes after he had done these bad things and Jacob good things God would say something like, Jacob I loved but Esau I hated, but at Genesis 25: 22, 23 nothing is said that God loved Jacob and hated Esau while they were struggling in the womb.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The paragraph above shows why God hated Esau. Esau had done many bad things. So yes after he had done these bad things and Jacob good things God would say something like, Jacob I loved but Esau I hated, but at Genesis 25: 22, 23 nothing is said that God loved Jacob and hated Esau while they were struggling in the womb.
Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls—she was told, ‘The older will serve the younger.’ Just as it is written: ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.’”

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls—she was told, ‘The older will serve the younger.’ Just as it is written: ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.’”

It's not written at Genesis 25: 22, 23 that God said, Jacob I loved but Esau I hated, which was at the time the twins were in the womb of Rebekah struggling. Nowhere in the Scripture of Genesis 25:22, 23 does God say I loved Jacob but Esau I hated he simply said that two nations were in Rebekah womb and that the older would serve the younger. Now we know from Scripture that the individual Esau never served Jacob but Esau represents Edom and Jacob represents Israel and Edom did serve Israel. So Malachi was speaking about the history of Edom and Israel. God did love Israel(Jacob) but hated Edom (Esau). Yes it's written in Malachi that God loved Jacob and hated Esau but isn't that because Esau had done all those bad things after being born and Jacob all those good things. I honestly don't think God would say he hates someone unless they had done something to make him feel that way about them. Plus you have yet to show me where in Genesis when the twins were struggling in Rebekah womb that God said he loved Jacob and hated Esau.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You asked I gave (SCRIPTURE),now you can't accept that!!

And I don't know everything,however everything I post I'm ready to face my Father for it...

One. I made it clear that I do not accept that the scriptures you gave have anything to do with the subject matter because they don't and two, right now you have to face the readers of this forum so let's drop the pretense at spiritual superiority and deal with the issues raised.