Where do aborted babies go?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you think aborted babies go?

• Heaven

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Hell

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read it in context. Have you?

Lets put Acts into context:

Acts 1:5
for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:41
So those who welcomed his message were baptized, and that day about three thousand persons were added.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip, who was proclaiming the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:13
Even Simon himself believed. After being baptized, he stayed constantly with Philip and was amazed when he saw the signs and great miracles that took place.

Acts 8:16
for as yet the Spirit had not come upon any of them; they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 8:36
As they were going along the road, they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water! What is to prevent me from being baptized?”

Acts 8:38
He commanded the chariot to stop, and both of them, Philip and the eunuch, went down into the water, and Philip baptized him.

Acts 9:18
And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and his sight was restored. Then he got up and was baptized,

Acts 10:47
“Can anyone withhold the water for baptizing these people who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?”

Acts 10:48
So he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they invited him to stay for several days.

Acts 11:16
And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’

Acts 16:15
When she and her household were baptized, she urged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come and stay at my home.” And she prevailed upon us.

Acts 16:33
At the same hour of the night he took them and washed their wounds; then he and his entire family were baptized without delay.

Acts 18:8
Crispus, the official of the synagogue, became a believer in the Lord, together with all his household; and many of the Corinthians who heard Paul became believers and were baptized.

Acts 19:3
Then he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” They answered, “Into John’s baptism.”

Acts 19:4
Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, in Jesus.”

Acts 19:5
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 22:16 And now why do you delay? Get up, be baptized, and have your sins washed away, calling on his name.’

Sooooo the beginning of Acts starts with water baptism. The middle of Acts talks about water baptism and at the end of Acts it talks about baptism washing away our sins but your theory is that mere water is NOT salvific????

Bible Study Mary

It's not a theory, it's about what the scriptures say.

I love the book of Acts. My favorite verse is:
Acts 13:48
48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Aborted babies are not all aborted by the same method.

Scripture is silent on abortion.

Scripture speaks of the necessity "to be born again", to secure a Forever living condition with the Lord God.

To note: a human body must be alive, before it can become Dead.

In Adams case, he was "a fully Formed Body, an individual", not having a LIFE source indirectly from another human.
And at that time...Gods Breath LIFE ("sourced") From God, into Adams Body.

Many abortions, are performed by killing or attempting to kill (a human in the process of forming).
(Methods range from simple to unthinkably gruesome.
Also Abortions are performed, in multiple stages of development.)

IMO-
A fully Formed individual, that is born (exits the womb), Takes a single breath,

(which, BTW, is the moment, the embilical, connection to the females Placenta, STOPS functioning, whether severed or not)
Is the moment, the baby receives Also, Gods Breath of Life, and is an individual living human mankind of thing.

In short-
I lean toward, a Body, must exit the womb, (born) take a breath, receive the Breath of God,
Before it is an individual Alive Living (human).
(A soul, is IMO, Gods Breath entered into, A Body, to bring it into an individual Living state.
Without the Body, being brought into an individual Living state...how can it die, to be born again?

It's a condunrum ...a mystery we are not expressly privy to.

But surely, aborted baby's ... crying, breathing, smothered, left unattended to TO Die...happens in mid and later term... are dastardly and criminal acts.

In the case of an aborted baby that received Gods Breath of Life...
Its Soul would go to Heaven...
(And the Body...another gruesome thought for disposal).

Glory to God,
Taken

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Scripture speaks of the necessity "to be born again", to secure a Forever living condition with the Lord God.

In Adams case, he was "a fully Formed Body, an individual", not having a LIFE source indirectly from another human.

Many abortions, are performed by killing or attempting to kill (a human in the process of forming).

IMO-
A fully Formed individual, that is born (exits the womb), Takes a single breath,

(which, BTW, is the moment, the embilical, connection to the females Placenta, STOPS functioning, whether severed or not)
Is the moment, the baby receives Also, Gods Breath of Life, and is an individual living human mankind of thing.

In short-
I lean toward, a Body, must exit the womb, (born) take a breath, receive the Breath of God,
(A soul, is IMO, Gods Breath entered into, A Body, to bring it into an individual Living state.
Without the Body, being brought into an individual Living state...how can it die, to be born again?

But surely, aborted baby's ... crying, breathing, smothered, left unattended to TO Die...happens in mid and later term... are dastardly and criminal acts.

Glory to God,
Taken

And no doubt they use the bodies for commercial purposes.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

IMO-

In short-

Glory to God,
Taken

This is rationalizing on steroids.

First, the Bible does talk about children in the womb. Psalm 139:13-18

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.

Since we have dispensed with scripture being silent, we can now move on.

Now onto your conclusions.

This is known as the Sled response.
It's all about logic.

The SLED Model

To further show that the unborn fetus is a human being, let’s introduce the SLED model, an acronym that stands for:

S – Size. The unborn fetus is smaller than an infant and most people are shorter than 7-foot basketball star Rudy Gobert. However, rational people would not claim that the infant is more valuable than the fetus nor is Rudy worth more than a teenage girl. In addition, a sumo wrestler does not have more value than a trapeze artist. Therefore, size does not indicate one’s worth.

L – Level of Development. The unborn fetus is at an earlier stage of his or her development than a newborn baby, but an eight-year-old child is less developed (both physically and mentally) than an adolescent. Older, stronger, more intelligent humans do not have more dignity and fundamental rights than those who are younger, weaker, less intelligent, and more vulnerable. To use the acorn analogy, an acorn is not a “potential” oak tree but rather a tiny living oak tree inside a shell. It is at the same level of development that every oak tree once existed during that particular stage of life.

E – Environment. A journey through a birth canal cannot account for a change in a child’s rights. Location does not affect personhood. A child in the womb or outside the womb is still a human being.

D – Degree of Dependency. The unborn fetus is totally dependent on the mother for life through the umbilical cord, but newborn babies are also fully dependent. A baby left to herself will die within hours unless she is attended to and her needs met. In fact, everyone relies on other people and things to some degree. We don’t question the personhood of those who are dependent on kidney machines, insulin, or pacemakers. Elderly people in a nursing home who have to be fed are no less valuable than the person who is feeding them.[4]

The syllogism

Let’s return to the syllogism given above:

Premise 1: It is wrong to intentionally kill innocent human beings.

Premise 2: Abortion intentionally kills innocent human beings.

Therefore, Abortion is morally wrong.

Let’s consider each point:

Premise 1: The key words in the first premise is “intentionally kill.” The Bible is clear that “thou shalt not kill (murder).” A detractor might try to bring up “wartime” situations. But the enemy of your country would not be considered an “innocent human being.” The soldier behind the enemy line is trying to kill you first, which is how warfare works. Or if someone breaks into your house and brandishes a kitchen knife on his approach to stab you, most people would support your right to defend yourself by shooting him with your gun.

Premise 2: By definition, abortion is taking the life of an innocent unborn fetus that, if there was no abortion, would have lived.

Conclusion: If the unborn fetus is innocent, as shown in the two premises, then killing an innocent human being (the fetus) is wrong, for all people, in all times, and in all places. This is not a morally relativistic choice.

In his book Politically Correct Death: Answering Arguments for Abortion Rights—a resource I recommend and use throughout the rest of this article—philosopher Francis J. Beckwith provides reasons why full humanness begins at conception:

1. “At the moment of conception, a separate unique human individual, with its own genetic code, comes into existence, needing only food, water, shelter, and oxygen in order to grow and develop.”

2. “Like the infant, the child, and the adolescent, the conceptus is a being who is in the process of becoming. He is not a becoming who is striving toward being. He is not a potential human life but a human life with great potential.”

3. “The conceptus is the sexual product of human parents, and a developing conceptus that is the sexual produce of members of a particular mammalian species is itself an individual member of that species.”

4. “The same being that begins as a zygote continues to birth and adulthood. There is no decisive break in the continuous development of the human entity from conception until death that would make this entity a different individual before birth. This is why it makes perfect sense for anyone of us to say, ‘When I was conceived. . .
’”[5]

God Bless

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, the Bible does talk about children in the womb. Psalm 139:13-18

First-
...you are off Topic.
* OP-
...Topic-Abortion
* S-Girl-
...Topic-Pregnancy

Secondly- Conclusion.
* OP-
..."Abortion"
* Taken;
..."Scripture Silent"
* S-Girl-
..."Logic"- Abortion means Pregnant
..."Logical"- lecture on unborn

Thirdly- Syllogism
* OP-
...Abortion
* Taken;
...Scripture Silent
* S-Girl-
...killing Innocent humans is morally wrong.

* According to Spurgeon's Girl- Logic;
A partially FORMED human body IS:
....in the Image and Likeness of God.

Advice:
When Accusing, Lecturing, Concluding;
Try to Stay ON Topic!

Glory to God,
Taken

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would agree that baby lives matter at 21 weeks - as per the graphic- as this is the time when I think it most likely that a soul is imparted.
Prior to that point - not so much.

The question here however is not only about when the soul lands but where it came from prior to landing .. and where it goes after.

So 3 questions

1) . .. at what point during the process of creation of the human structure the soul will inhabit that structure ... my guess is around 21 weeks .. the time when cognition and sentience arrives ... as the wiring of the brain nears completion - the brain lights up like an xmas Tree .. and I like Xmas .. so .. seems a good point :)

2) where did it come from prior ? answered in 3)

3) where dies it go after. My two answers to the forum ballot are A) Other B) Heaven

Here we have a number of choices depending on what one things heaven is .. but for this argument let us assume that heaven is some nice place where the soul goes to inhabit for eternity.

But - what if - while in heaven - I want to go on a vacation - return to some planet and live another life.

God grants me the pass – and I go to live another life. The condition being however – that while living the other life – you will not remember your past life.

After that life is done – you will bounce back to heaven again – do your consigned allotment of Hail Mary’s and Ahmen’s .. and then go on another vacation.

So clearly both questions are now answered .. and my hope is that your concerns for this - as it turns out not so innocent souls vacation plans - are allayed - at least somewhat.

I don't deal in speculation as I don't need to. My background to abortion is now about 40 years old so I have had plenty of time to look at all the facts and all the lies of the pro-abortion movement so basically, I am not after all this time of study and discussion and debate needing answers because I know what the truth is much of which has been gained in public debate in university and when employed to tackle the issue.

And unlike you I NEVER deal in "my guess."

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't deal in speculation as I don't need to. My background to abortion is now about 40 years old so I have had plenty of time to look at all the facts and all the lies of the pro-abortion movement so basically, I am not after all this time of study and discussion and debate needing answers because I know what the truth is much of which has been gained in public debate in university and when employed to tackle the issue.

And unlike you I NEVER deal in "my guess."

No idea what you are trying to get. What Lies are you referring to ? - what is being guessed at ?

Sorry .. I can't make sense of your post.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
we're tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!

my guess is that mandrakes are discussed in the Bible, bc they believed they were abortive back then?

God commands abortion in certain circumstances - such as when the husband of his pregnant wife suspects adultery. Numbers 5.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God commands abortion in certain circumstances - such as when the husband of his pregnant wife suspects adultery. Numbers 5.
well, under the law anyway, ya
not sure how realistic that method would be today though?
also, we're referencing a bunch that were "allowed" multiple wives bc of their hardness of heart, who are only interested in condemning the possible sexual sins of their wives? So i dunno, but my guess is that the "water of bitterness" had no effect at all, other than to salve the husband. Are there any examples of that in effect, i wonder?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not God. It's is the priests speaking. It was common across the world. The priests had power, they ruled over the people and everyone looked to them, and when they spoke, they claimed it was from God. They got away with murder, without lifting a finger themselves.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well, under the law anyway, ya
not sure how realistic that method would be today though?
also, we're referencing a bunch that were "allowed" multiple wives bc of their hardness of heart, who are only interested in condemning the possible sexual sins of their wives? So i dunno, but my guess is that the "water of bitterness" had no effect at all, other than to salve the husband. Are there any examples of that in effect, i wonder?

Sure .. of course.

My point was that folks who are against abortion "in Gods name" - and who attribute this position to God - aka - putting words in God's Mouth - aka - "The Unforgivable Sin" - should perhaps read the Book they claim to believe in.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sure .. of course.

My point was that folks who are against abortion "in Gods name" - and who attribute this position to God - aka - putting words in God's Mouth - aka - "The Unforgivable Sin" - should perhaps read the Book they claim to believe in.
fwiw i suggest that there are other ways to understand "husbands" and "wives" in the Bible, too

Reactions: Heyzeus

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First-
...you are off Topic.
* OP-
...Topic-Abortion
* S-Girl-
...Topic-Pregnancy

Secondly- Conclusion.
* OP-
..."Abortion"
* Taken;
..."Scripture Silent"
* S-Girl-
..."Logic"- Abortion means Pregnant
..."Logical"- lecture on unborn

Thirdly- Syllogism
* OP-
...Abortion
* Taken;
...Scripture Silent
* S-Girl-
...killing Innocent humans is morally wrong.

* According to Spurgeon's Girl- Logic;
A partially FORMED human body IS:
....in the Image and Likeness of God.

Advice:
When Accusing, Lecturing, Concluding;
Try to Stay ON Topic!

Glory to God,
Taken

Translation, logic is not something you adhere to. The OP explicitly uses the word abortion. Most of all, you don't seem to be able to deal with my post, so you attempt to divert. I've seen this before.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Translation, logic is not something you adhere to. The OP explicitly uses the word abortion. Most of all, you don't seem to be able to deal with my post, so you attempt to divert. I've seen this before.

I am not sure what the point of putting this video up is - other than present a debate where both sides are not very good at this debate.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure what the point of putting this video up is - other than present a debate where both sides are not very good at this debate.

The video displays the ignorance of the pro-choice POV. Babies are still being murdered there.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
fwiw i suggest that there are other ways to understand "husbands" and "wives" in the Bible, too

There certainly is - and it depends which part Bible one happens to be reading :) There is a reason why they call em "The good old days" !