Where Does Judgement Begin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Judgement begin?
1 Peter 4:17
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Peter is saying that judgment must start at the church behind the pulpit because that is where God's Word is supposed to be taught.
The problem is that many preachers /teachers /churchs are not teaching the truth of the Word, and judgment will begin there first. Sadly many falsely think their church/religion will save them Judgement begins at the church.

Peter goes on to say if judgment begins with the church, just think what will happen on judgment day to those who do not obey or study God's Word at all.

I would not want to be one of those who mislead the people with false teachings and traditions of men. God will come down on them very hard at judgment day.
Problem is everyone thinks its the other guy or church not them.
The falesy of the ego of men its always the other guy

18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
The rightous are barely saved by the skin of their teeth, so where does this leave the ungodly and the sinner

19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

This doesnt say Christians will not suffer nor does it say they will escape suffering ...but to let your suffering glorify God

Today sadly I see many who think becauase they believe they will be spared and escape all manner of suffering.

Mat. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nicely put avoice

i feel sorry for all those that are led astray by pastors or others within the christian community be they will be held accountable at judgement day.

i also feel sorry for all those that God spoke to in order to to get them saved but we ignored it whether because of fear or whatever it was because that person will be held accountable to God on why when God sent you to a person and gave you a opening to speak about Jesus that you didn't and they went to hell.

i do thank God that those that have never heard about Jesus will be judged according to their works throughout their life and will not be sent straight to hell.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes. Judgment will come to the house of God first. I also believe it refers to the last judgment.

Those who know Christ will rise first, some to eternal glory and other to eternal shame.

Then, God judges those who never knew him, some to life, and some to death.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Per John 5:28-29, all in the graves are resurrected at Christ's return.

At Christ's coming, those who remain faithful are gathered to Him where He will return to; to the "camp of the saints" is where that will be per Rev.20, on earth. Outside that camp is where the wicked will be. That acts as a type of preliminary judgment when Christ returns, a judgment involving division of His sheep from the goats.

But at the end of Christ's thousand years reign, there will be a final Judgment of division of the wicked into the "lake of fire" per the end of Rev.20.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I think Christians are being judged right now. I'm thinking about the people who were selfish when taking the Lords supper and some were sick and others had died. There is also another place where the apostle Paul say's if you would judge yourself then you would not be judged. Therefore I think that there is personal judgement now when we step outside of following Gods will for our lives. Then there seems to be a national judgement talked about in Rev. 17&18 on Babylon the whore who most people think speaks of the RCC. I can not help but wonder from some of the language in Rev. if a bomb will hit Rome. Well I'm not a teacher and I'm just thinking but I hope others have thoughts on this as I've been wondering what it all means.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I don't know what it means either, sister. But I like your thoughts about judgment. :)

Judge means to 'set right'. And we are to set ourselves right, to judge ourselves, now, so that we would not be ashamed when the judgment comes.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Where does Judgement begin?
1 Peter 4:17
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Peter is saying that judgment must start at the church behind the pulpit because that is where God's Word is supposed to be taught.
The problem is that many preachers /teachers /churchs are not teaching the truth of the Word, and judgment will begin there first. Sadly many falsely think their church/religion will save them Judgement begins at the church.

Peter goes on to say if judgment begins with the church, just think what will happen on judgment day to those who do not obey or study God's Word at all.

I would not want to be one of those who mislead the people with false teachings and traditions of men. God will come down on them very hard at judgment day.
Problem is everyone thinks its the other guy or church not them.
The falesy of the ego of men its always the other guy

18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
The rightous are barely saved by the skin of their teeth, so where does this leave the ungodly and the sinner

19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

This doesnt say Christians will not suffer nor does it say they will escape suffering ...but to let your suffering glorify God

Today sadly I see many who think becauase they believe they will be spared and escape all manner of suffering.

Mat. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Judgment day has already started for the Church (Christians are being judged now). Judgment is not bad or good; it all depends on what one has done. Judgment is simply to make a decision on a matter.....good or bad. When Jesus returns their won't a judgment for Christians; they will change or be resurrected and ascend up to the sky to meet Jesus. The White Throne Judgment is not for Christians, because by that time they would have already ruling with Jesus over the Nations. So it will be the Nations that will be judged in the White Throne Judgment.