Where does the Bible say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please bring your vast expert knowledge over to the Theology forum and discuss any of the 4 threads over there I started and see if you can refute one single thing I've said. Are you up for the challenge ?

Christian Theology Forum
On WHAT subject?

If you are a Christian, then we don't disagree on everything. In fact - there are probably MANY things we agree on.
The tings I have proven you wrong on in this thread are where we differ.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On WHAT subject?

If you are a Christian, then we don't disagree on everything. In fact - there are probably MANY things we agree on.
The tings I have proven you wrong on in this thread are where we differ.
The Resurrection, The One who is Coming, did Jesus have faith or the true God and Eternal life. Pick anyone one of them with any response in any one of those threads.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Resurrection, The One who is Coming, did Jesus have faith or the true God and Eternal life. Pick anyone one of them with any response in any one of those threads.
From what I read on "The One who is Coming" thread - I FULLY agree with your OP.

I was reading through "The Bodily Resurrection of Jesus" - and I agree with that as well - as long as you are saying that the Body He had after the Resurrection was His glorified Body.

Haven't had time to go through the rest.
Will do later on today . . .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I read on "The One who is Coming" thread - I FULLY agree with your OP.

I was reading through "The Bodily Resurrection of Jesus" - and I agree with that as well - as long as you are saying that the Body He had after the Resurrection was His glorified Body.

Haven't had time to go through the rest.
Will do later on today . . .
ditto His resurrected body is glorified, immortal,incorruptible and imperishable and Jesus said a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have, touch Me and see, place your hands in My side, see my hands and feet - His scars from His crucifixion .

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Philip James

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ditto His resurrected body is glorified, immortal,incorruptible and imperishable and Jesus said a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have, touch Me and see, place your hands in My side, see my hands and feet - His scars from His crucifixion .

hope this helps !!!
I fully agree with you.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
...also, there were would be how Scripture is viewed, whether it is truly the final authority or not...
Scripture has no authority.
People possess authority.

And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Mt 28:18
Jesus gave authority to the apostles
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you;
When did Jesus give authority to a book?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so our differences seem to be with mary, the saints, the pope and the catholic church being the only true church which would exclude protestant churches and orthodox churches correct ?
The Catholic Church doesn't teach that Protestants are damned to Hell. That is a misrepresentation.

ALL
who have been genuinely Baptized in the Trinitarian formula that Jesus prescribed (Matt. 28:19) are incorporated into the Body of Christ. Some are self-separated, but we're ALL brothers in Christ.
That's the Catholic position.

There are many Protestant groups that accept Catholics as fellow Christians - and some who don't.

As for the Orthodox churches - we recognize them as having true Apostolic Succession as well and do not "reject" them doctrinally.
The differences between East and West originated largely over hierarchy, not doctrine.

Reactions: ChristisGod

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so our differences seem to be with mary, the saints, the pope and the catholic church being the only true church which would exclude protestant churches and orthodox churches correct ?
Also - I believe our differences about Mary and the saints are based LARGELY on bad information and pre-conceived bias against the Catholic Church.
There's a LOT of bad blood - for reasons that can be blamed on BOTH sides . . .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church doesn't teach that Protestants are damned to Hell. That is a misrepresentation.

ALL who have been genuinely Baptized in the Trinitarian formula that Jesus prescribed (Matt. 28:19) are incorporated into the Body of Christ. Some are self-separated, but we're ALL brothers in Christ.
That's the Catholic position.

There are many Protestant groups that accept Catholics as fellow Christians - and some who don't.

As for the Orthodox churches - we recognize them as having true Apostolic Succession as well and do not "reject" them doctrinally.
The differences between East and West originated largely over hierarchy, not doctrine.
ok thanks for clarifying in red above !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also - I believe our differences about Mary and the saints are based LARGELY on bad information and pre-conceived bias against the Catholic Church.
There's a LOT of bad blood - for reasons that can be blamed on BOTH sides . . .
thanks for clarifying !

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No purgatory in the Bible."

No "Catholic" in the Bible either. No Pope. You just make this stuff up.

we don’t make it up!
The word purgatory is not in the Bible neither is the word Trinity but the doctrine is!

catholic is From the Greek for universal, you will find it at Jn 3:16 etc.

pope means father, see the title for the prime minister who hold the keys of the kingdom (Matt 16:18) under the king and administers the kingdom? Is 22 Just like in the davidic kingdim the mother of the king queen, Jesus is the king of heaven so Mary is the queen of heaven!

Hail! Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women, is a royal form of address, Mary is the queen of heaven, in the Davidic kingdom the mother of the king is queen, and Mary is the queen of all the angels and saints, and the angel is addressing his royal queen!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we don’t make it up!
The word purgatory is not in the Bible neither is the word Trinity but the doctrine is!

catholic is From the Greek for universal, you will find it at Jn 3:16 etc.

pope means father, see the title for the prime minister who hold the keys of the kingdom (Matt 16:18) under the king and administers the kingdom? Is 22 Just like in the davidic kingdim the mother of the king queen, Jesus is the king of heaven so Mary is the queen of heaven!

Hail! Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women, is a royal form of address, Mary is the queen of heaven, in the Davidic kingdom the mother of the king is queen, and Mary is the queen of all the angels and saints, and the angel is addressing his royal queen!
I don't know even one Bible translation that agrees with you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture is not in the Bible, but you believe it!

Two simple questions for you?

can you be saved without a priest?

is Mary the queen of Heaven?

thanks

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture is not in the Bible, but you believe it!
Call it whatever you like but the doctrine is there, totally unlike sinless Mary, "Catholic" ...
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (NKJV)
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
Call

Two simple questions for you?

can you be saved without a priest?
Jesus is my Priest.
Hebrews 4:14-15 (NKJV)
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
is Mary the queen of Heaven?

thanks
Nothing in the Bible about "Mary the queen of Heaven".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:15 enmity total war none of Satans works are in Her!

Lk 1:28 full of grace and blessed among women!

Lk 1:49 He that is mighty has done great things to me!
What are these things?
God’s holiness demands Mary’s sinless purity, She is the ark of the new covenant the dwelling place of God, she has to be pure immaculate and holy!

you are the first person to answer correctly, no you cannot be saved without a priest cos Jesus is the only savior and He is a priest, and high priest as you say, so who are the low priests? You can’t have a hierarchy of priests without low priests?

in the line of David, and Solomon, Jesus is king, Lk 1:32-33 So Jesus is the king of heaven And Mary must be the queen of Heaven cos the mother of the king is always queen and receives half of Her son’s kingdom!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture has no authority.
People possess authority.

And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Mt 28:18
Jesus gave authority to the apostles
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you;
When did Jesus give authority to a book?
And dont forget Matthew 18:18

Reactions: Mungo