Where in the bible does it say I need to use it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For the sake of this argument, no, it didn't. They are one and the same.
No they are not, and in an arguement both could be wrong but only one can be right. Jesus never came to argue, this is it He says that is all.`

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians have the New Covenant. Nobody could keep the Law, except Jesus.

Hebrews 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all

where in the bible does it say God gave Christians the bible as a guide for life and that's it?
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this.
God gave the bible, his Holy Word for and to all people, and as your topic states, "Where in the bible does it say I need to use it". let the Lord Jesus answer that, John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

well I believe if don't used the bible/scriptures, you want find eternal life.

and if one, (who is a christian), want to please God, which is all christians objective, then one must have Faith, for without it one cannot please God. so the apostle Peter in the scriptures clearly states, Add to your faith, 2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;"
2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;"
2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity."
2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."

and the bible/scriptures states the Just must "live" by his Faith, so these few verse of scriptures tell us we need to use it.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would not have know of anything that you just asserted, if it wasn't for Scripture. Scripture is not the Saviour, but God has determined that the means to salvation will be established and promulgated via the written word. There are many mediums to transmit the Word, but the Word is exegeted and defined, solely from the inspired writers.
Yes, God uses those written words as one vessel to work His Wonders (though not the only).

But that's God working through a vessel. Credit goes to God Himself, not the chunk of paper. Without God, the paper is just paper. God Himself saves, not the paper. We worship God, not the paper.

God Himself >> scripture itself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If there's no Bible, then there's no Law, if there's no Law, then there.s no sin. If there's no sin, then there's no atonement, no Jesus and no cross. All of the uniquely Christian, paramount and salvific doctrines of God and man, are discovered and defined solely from the Bible. There is not a man on earth that has received these revelations outside of the Bible, that is, solely the authors themselves.
Exegesis may be inspired from the Spirit, but the historical facts and the tenets themselves about salvation, are derived solely from the Bible. One is not saved if they do not adhere to the Gospel of Christ Jesus, which is defined exclusively from within the Bible.
you know this is crap right

Reactions: Brakelite

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No they are not, and in an arguement both could be wrong but only one can be right. Jesus never came to argue, this is it He says that is all.`
For people living since 200AD, the Bible was the source for all God-given doctrine. For even the oral tradition was either, derived or coincided with the Old & New Testament autographs. So, again, for the sake of this argument, the Bible always comes first.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, God uses those written words as one vessel to work His Wonders (though not the only).

But that's God working through a vessel. Credit goes to God Himself, not the chunk of paper. Without God, the paper is just paper. God Himself saves, not the paper. We worship God, not the paper.

God Himself >> scripture itself.
For the sake of this argument, in response to the OP, Scripture is paramount.
If you actually believe that some people have come to the knowledge of Christ without either, the Bible, or someone or something quoting from the Bible, then I'm not sure what you are professing? That God just endows people with the understanding of sin, atonement, grace, and Jesus as the first-born of creation and the dead?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the sake of this argument, in response to the OP, Scripture is paramount.
If you actually believe that some people have come to the knowledge of Christ without either, the Bible, or someone or something quoting from the Bible, then I'm not sure what you are professing? That God just endows people with the understanding of sin, atonement, grace, and Jesus as the first-born of creation and the dead?
Scripture is indeed super important- I've stated that several times. No one is stating otherwise.

Let's not fall into the trap of making the Bible an idol-- and yes I have sen Christians do that very thing. God Himself saves. Nothing else. The Bible doesn't save you- God does. Faith is a gift from God. If a person goes through any experience (including reading words of scripture) and feels that testifying of the Spirit: that is the testifying of God the Spirit Himself. It is not the chunk of paper itself.

A person should not worship the Bible. They should worship the Almighty God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture is indeed super important- I've stated that several times. No one is stating otherwise.

Let's not fall into the trap of making the Bible an idol-- and yes I have sen Christians do that very thing. God Himself saves. Nothing else. The Bible doesn't save you- God does. Faith is a gift from God. If a person goes through any experience (including reading words of scripture) and feels that testifying of the Spirit: that is the testifying of God the Spirit Himself. It is not the chunk of paper itself.

A person should not worship the Bible. They should worship the Almighty God.
JD22, I do not believe that we are talking about the same thing. The OP author, believes that the alleged Spirit that is within him, is sufficient to come to all knowledge of God, man, and salvation, that is, if there is a such a thing or requirement. My only point was, that if he is even to claim to be endowed with the Spirit, it was the Bible that elucidated that notion and awareness. Like I said, no one walks around and then, out of nowhere, realizes that they are in need of redemption, and that God offered His son as the means to obtain it.
That is all that I have been addressing, in contradiction to the OP's assertions.
No idolatry over here, we all know Who determined that there will be a Word, Who defined the Word, Who decided on how man was to receive it, and Who providentially preserved it for Abraham's posterity. That's axiomatic. But without it, no one nowadays, would know how to worship God and receive His approbation.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha well with so many logical speakers in here, hard not to be sometimes i guess.
anyway i wouldnt be etching all that in stone just yet fwiw
...I was hoping hoping that you were going to elaborate on which part of what I said, was crap. Or, if all, why?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JD22, I do not believe that we are talking about the same thing. The OP author, believes that the alleged Spirit that is within him, is sufficient to come to all knowledge of God, man, and salvation, that is, if there is a such a thing or requirement. My only point was, that if he is even to claim to be endowed with the Spirit, it was the Bible that elucidated that notion and awareness. Like I said, no one walks around and then, out of nowhere, realizes that they are in need of redemption, and that God offered His son as the means to obtain it.
That is all that I have been addressing, in contradiction to the OP's assertions.
No idolatry over here, we all know Who determined that there will be a Word, Who defined the Word, Who decided on how man was to receive it, and Who providentially preserved it for Abraham's posterity. That's axiomatic. But without it, no one nowadays, would know how to worship God and receive His approbation.
I just see the OP being a rejection of sola scriptura. Not that scripture isn't important.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You actually know people who "worship the Bible"?
I literally just answer this question: yes.
An example: somebody who takes sola scriptura to the extreme to say the Bible is what saves us. To say that we have no need for prayer- because we have the Bible. To say that God speaks no more. Etc.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I literally just answer this question: yes.
An example: somebody who takes sola scriptura to the extreme to say the Bible is what saves us. To say that we have no need for prayer- because we have the Bible. To say that God speaks no more. Etc.
It doesn't sound like you have even read the Bible yourself!