Where in the scripture is anyone called to be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Since you are the all-knowing embodiment of truth, I won't bother to refute your delusion.
and no offense, but i am not the one making statements of absolute truth as if i knew, wadr
splain that one for me real quick
if it helps any im on a real Christian forum (dark web) where i am the ignoramus lol

Last edited:

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
The name Christian embraces the name of Christ.
That does not nullify my argument. God did not call anyone to be a Christian. The word originated in Antioch where followers of Jesus were mockingly called Christians
Peter taught that salvation is in a name. This makes the name we wear extremely important.
And that name is Jesus / Yeshua...believers of Jesus do not wear a name they are called to be saints.
Acts 4:12,
-nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
The name referred to here is Yeshua... Peter would have said Yeshua the Messiah of Nazareth...instead of...Jesus Christ of Nazareth

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
The Lord named His people. Isaiah's prophecy of the new name,
Isaiah 62:2,
-The Gentiles shall see your righteousness, and all kings your Glory,
You shall be called by a new name, Which the mouth of the Lord will name.

God named His people by a new name not man.
Where did God name the followers of Jesus Christians? Unless you are calling the People of Antioch God you have no case.
Isaiah's prophecy is fulfilled in wearing of the name Christian.
No, it was not, that is foolishness...
Revelation 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Acts 11:26,
-...and the disciples were first called christians in Antioch.
Not by God they were not...
We read of no other name apart from Christ Himself to be given that salvation is in.
Therefore we have no other option but to conclude Christ is the name Gods chosen wear, CHRISTian.
The name is Yeshua sir, Your nonsense fall to pieces. Messiah is not the name of our Lord. His name is Yeshua
Christ: Anointed one
Christ's followers are anointed by God
That is not a name sir...It is a title.
2Corinthians 1:20-21
-For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him amen, to the glory of God through us.
-Now He who establishes us with you in Christ(Anointed one) has anointed us in God.
The anointed one is Yeshua...And it is God who anoints us. You falsely wrote.."has anointed us in God"
2Corinthians 1:20-21
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
We are Christ's anointed. Thus Christians.
We are God's anointed. thus Saints of God
1John 2:20,27
-But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
-But the anointing which you have received from Him indwells in you....
This does not nullify God anointed Jesus and believers.
This teaching that Gods people were never named by God Himself to be christian is based on fictious,
stories told by sectarians that wear other names like Lutheran, Baptist, Calvinist, Catholic etc.
You are yet to show where it is written
It is not found in the sacred scriptures that only the enemies of christians referred to the way as Christian as a derogatory slur.
It is not found in any scriptures, you are making it up. God never called anyone to be a Christian..
Jesus the anointed one and His anointed children.
Jesus has no children he has brethren.
Hebrews 2:11
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
"Why are there divisions in Christianity?"

"For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you."
1 Cor. 11:19
You are funny...taking a verse out of context...Paul is writing to a group in Corinth, not the whole body of Christ.And he is speaking against divisions...
Titus 3:10
A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

"Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."
Matt. 13:30
That parable is about the world, not the church. It is explained in the chapter. Wheat and tares grow together in the world, not in the church.
this is the church...
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
He knows who are His and, I believe there are some "of His" in all denominations. Men squabble and cause division within but...that can be a good thing too if they are defending sound doctrine filtered through scripture.
That is rubbish, God does not sanction denominations,,, All believers must speak the same thing... If there are some oh his in any denomination he urges them to come out...
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does not nullify my argument. God did not call anyone to be a Christian. The word originated in Antioch where followers of Jesus were mockingly called Christians
Yes God did. Prove with the Bible being called christian was derogatory in Antioch?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you."
Paul is not approving of factions here. Paul already condemned division in the church in 1Corinthians 1:10. Paul would be contradicting himself if he was now promoting sects in the church at Corinth in 1Corinthians 11:19.
This is one church that Paul is dealing with here. It is a internal strife of disunity among these brethren. This has nothing to do with different beliefs that plant sectarian denominations. This is one church and the problems inclusive to it alone. This churches problems are for our leaning not to have continuous divisive heretics divide the church. Paul is saying it is good in the sense that this will expose who the true followers of Christ are from those who are divisive. No way this can be taken as Paul approving of sects which cause division, splits forming in a church.

Reactions: Saint of God

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"You are funny...taking a verse out of context...Paul is writing to a group in Corinth, not the whole body of Christ.And he is speaking against divisions..."

Divisions/factions, same thing. And so what that not EVERYBODY belonging to the Body Of Christ was in Corinth at the time, it was still speaking to the church!

"Nancy said:
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."

"That parable is about the world, not the church. It is explained in the chapter. Wheat and tares grow together in the world, not in the church.
this is the church..."

Do you think that there are no worldly people warming pews?

"That is rubbish, God does not sanction denominations,,, All believers must speak the same thing... If there are some oh his in any denomination he urges them to come out...

In this scenario, there would be empty church's. More power to you with the "all believers must speak the same thing" thing. Even the Apostles had words with one another.
And, I never said God sanctioned denominations, that is all men's doing.

17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

I disagree, this is speaking about the world, unbelievers. I don't see that it matters, church/world it all bottoms down to unbelievers.

You can scoff, shake your head and call me all kinds of stupid but, even if I thought you were correct, your attitude and tone would certainly push one weaker in the faith, or new believers away.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Divisions/factions, same thing. And so what that not EVERYBODY belonging to the Body Of Christ was in Corinth at the time, it was still speaking to the church!
What was happening at Corinth was not happening in all the churches.
This is how the letter is addressed by Paul. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
"Nancy said:
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world
Do you think that there are no worldly people warming pews?
This is not about what I think. If you have worldly people in your pews you are having fellowship with darkness...
In this scenario, there would be empty church's.
Why? Are you saying that you would rather have a church building full of false doctrine believers rather than a church building with a few believers following the truth?
More power to you with the "all believers must speak the same thing" thing. Even the Apostles had words with one another.
Not to the point of making different denominations.
And, I never said God sanctioned denominations, that is all men's doing.
I never said you said it...I said it... and it is a fact.
I disagree, this is speaking about the world, unbelievers. I don't see that it matters, church/world it all bottoms down to unbelievers.
It is speaking to the church...not the world. How does a believer come out from the world that he is living in? The believer must come out from among unbelievers. If your church is teaching false doctrine come out from among them.
You can scoff, shake your head and call me all kinds of stupid but, even if I thought you were correct, your attitude and tone would certainly push one weaker in the faith, or new believers away.
This is not a beauty contest...If you thought I was correct and you reject my counsel because of my tone. That is your choice. My tone has nothing to do with the truth. Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees vipers and hypocrites. John the Baptist was even more brutal...If your house is on fire you wouldn't care less about the one warning you that your house is on fire.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is not approving of factions here. Paul already condemned division in the church in 1Corinthians 1:10. Paul would be contradicting himself if he was now promoting sects in the church at Corinth in 1Corinthians 11:19.
This is one church that Paul is dealing with here. It is a internal strife of disunity among these brethren. This has nothing to do with different beliefs that plant sectarian denominations. This is one church and the problems inclusive to it alone. This churches problems are for our leaning not to have continuous divisive heretics divide the church. Paul is saying it is good in the sense that this will expose who the true followers of Christ are from those who are divisive. No way this can be taken as Paul approving of sects which cause division, splits forming in a church.
Hello Titus, you misunderstood, in no way did I mean to imply that Paul was "approving" these divisions! I was simply stating that the scriptures show that there will be, or must be, factions among the brethren because he knew there were false Christians among them. In Romans he wrote: "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."

Then we could go onto the two or three witnesses within the church and, if concerned party still continues to sin, put them outside of the church for Satan to: "I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. (1 Corinthians 5:5)

This is really off topic brother, and I won't go any further here.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is the sort of problem you get when you start thinking that repentance is your "work", and that surrender to God is an afterthought.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was happening at Corinth was not happening in all the churches.
This is how the letter is addressed by Paul. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world

This is not about what I think. If you have worldly people in your pews you are having fellowship with darkness...

Why? Are you saying that you would rather have a church building full of false doctrine believers rather than a church building with a few believers following the truth?

Not to the point of making different denominations.

I never said you said it...I said it... and it is a fact.

It is speaking to the church...not the world. How does a believer come out from the world that he is living in? The believer must come out from among unbelievers. If your church is teaching false doctrine come out from among them.

This is not a beauty contest...If you thought I was correct and you reject my counsel because of my tone. That is your choice. My tone has nothing to do with the truth. Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees vipers and hypocrites. John the Baptist was even more brutal...If your house is on fire you wouldn't care less about the one warning you that your house is on fire.

In this scenario, there would be empty church's.

"Why? Are you saying that you would rather have a church building full of false doctrine believers rather than a church building with a few believers following the truth?"

A bit of dyslexic thinking so late, my apologies.

"What was happening at Corinth was not happening in all the churches."
This is how the letter is addressed by Paul. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:"

Okay, agreed yet, were not all of his letters sent to all the church's eventually? We abide by Paul's letters today, all church's. We could say then that 1 Corinthians 14:34 was only meant for the women at THAT church and, I'm guessing you would not agree with that one :contemplate:. :Happy:

"36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world"

Okay, I concede here, you are correct, the wheat and the tares are the "world". I still see many tares in the church's of today though, pulpit as well as congregations.

"This is not about what I think. If you have worldly people in your pews you are having fellowship with darkness..."

I have no local church that I'd even set foot in. It is very hard to find one that does NOT teach erroneously and are either liberal and allow all kinds of sin among their people, or two other denominations I will not attend, Episcopalian and RCC. I have been to four different church's in the last 10 years and, dismissed 3 of them out of hand and the other was of the Calvinistic belief, of which I'm not but stayed a bit over 3 years anyhow but was not fed, not did I find true fellowship. Many cliques and those who looked down on others.

You have good council, and are well versed in The Word. I would not dismiss truth no matter, just concerned as to how another might read it.
God bless,
Nancy

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there are some "of His" in all denominations
Denominations are divisions. You cannot be in a sectarian church that has split off of the one true church, Romans 16:16, and still be in that one true new testament church. Therefore it is impossible for there to be true Christians in every church for denominations are not the one true church(body) of Christ where all the saved are, Ephesians 5:23,
-for the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.(church) Jesus is only going to save those in His church(singular)

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that name is Jesus / Yeshua...believers of Jesus do not wear a name they are called to be saints.
God called them by a new name, Isaiah 62:2 ...You shall be called by a new name, Which the mouth of the Lord will name.

The saints called one another Christians. Peter refers to them as christians which disproves saint of God's claim that christians in the Bible never referred to each other by that name.
1Peter 4:16,
as-yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.
This is solid evidence that Peter did call the saints christians. To say they never called one another by that name is refuted.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
surely a bad translation, fwiw

my prayer for you is that you would find Yah in “now; right now”
2Timothy 3:16-17, God breathed, Greek theopneustos
NKJV one of the best english translations. You need to educate yourself on 2Timothy 3:16-17.
Go look at it in the greek.
I know God. He knows and abides in me, 1John 4:15-16.
Give me an answer...What was the new name God called them in the new testament if not Christians?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God breathed, Greek theopneustos
well, that isnt the term im having issue with wadr

NKJV one of the best english translations. You need to educate yourself on 2Timothy 3:16-17.
ah ok, ty
ill hafta take a look at that
but fwiw id back up one verse for more on that ;)

I know God
wow
im jealous lol

He knows and abides in me
well Titus, If i testify of Myself, my testimony is invalid…

Give me an answer...What was the new name God called them in the new testament if not Christians?
man, i would so love to answer you here T, but that is some secret squirrel stuff, imo;
only secret in the Bible, near as i can tell
but i mean really how “new” is the term “Christianity?”
Caesars and Pharaohs were called Christ way before the One you…that gets preached to you bro
it wouldnt serve you right now i guess, prolly sound like…nonsense

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
surely a bad translation, fwiw

my prayer for you is that you would find Yah in “now; right now”
2Timothy 3:16-17, God breathed, Greek theopneustos
Go look at it in the greek.
I know God. He knows and abides in me, 1John 4:15-16.
Give me an answer...What was the new name God called themin the new testament if not Christians?

ah ok, ty

wow
im jealous lol

man, i would so love to answer you here T, but that is some secret squirrel stuff, imo;
Caesars and Pharaohs were called Christ way before the One you…that gets preached to you bro
No if one testify of himself it is not invalid. The bible testifies of itself. According to you that makes it invalid.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ah ok, ty

wow
im jealous lol

You cannot give a Biblical answer for What Gods new name is for His people. Because it is the name you reject.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Peter 3 :15,
-and always be ready to give an answer for the hope that is in you...
Its easy to criticize others. But difficult to have answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.