Where in the scripture is anyone called to be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many folks feel they need to hold on to beads when they pray ,
as for me i shall HOLD to CHRIST and pray to GOD .
As i said many folks sit under men who teach many whoppers .
And MANY foolish people read the Bible and interpret for themselves without Christ’s Church to guide them.

Result: Tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions that ALL teach different doctrines – yet ALL think that THEY are correct.

What a mess . . .

Reactions: Marymog

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And MANY foolish people read the Bible and interpret for themselves without Christ’s Church to guide them.

Result: Tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions that ALL teach different doctrines – yet ALL think that THEY are correct.

What a mess . . .
If by Christs church you mean the RCC , then i take that as one massive compliment . My advice to any and to all
would be to flee that place and hurry too .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If by Christs church you mean the RCC , then i take that as one massive compliment . My advice to any and to all
would be to flee that place and hurry too .
Yes, you make that “plea” quite often.
The sad part is that you have NO idea WHY you say that – just idiotic pre-conceived notions about Christ’s Catholic Church.

You’ve STILL never explained to me why you adhere to a Biblical Canon that came from that Church you tell everybody to “run from”.
Sooooo, why DO you??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By you...Where is the scripture that says Mary's hymen grows back every time she had intercourse?

I’ll answer this question when YOU show me where the Bible says that Mary ever HAD intercourse.

I’ll go even further than that: Show me a SINGLE Early Church or writing that makes this claim.
CAN you do that?

Yeah - I didn’t think so . . .

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Thank you for that TEXT
BOOK
example of denial . . .
View attachment 27532
I gave you a rock-solid Scriptural argument for Mary’s Perpetual Virginity by showing you a few OT Types and NT Fulfillments pertaining to Mary.
You gave your own made-up story. No one can be a perpetual virgin. That idea is just silly. It is not written anywhere in the scripture.
I’m NOT surprised by your reaction because I’ve never met the anti-Catholic who could Biblically-refute the particular example I gave with regards to The Ark of the Covenant and the Ark of the NEW Covenant (Mary).
Mary is not the ark of any covenant. The scriptures do not say Mary is the ark of a covenant. Like I said you are making that up.
Let me know when you're prepared to do that . . .
you didn't give anything to refute. It is not even an argument.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was happy to see another forum where the Word of God is the main focus but after I was registered and began to search through the website I was amazed to see Christians only forums. Christianity is an example of what Paul spoke against in 1 Cor 1
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

The thing that is called Christianity is not what the gospel is about. Christianity is a community of divided groups fighting against each other. Is Christ divided? Why is every Christian denomination teaching a different doctrine? According to the scripture, the thing that is called Christianity is not of Christ because Christianity promotes division.
It is amazing to see the lack of simple understanding being exercised by the leaders of these groups.
How can Christianity be teaching the truth when there are hundreds of sects that teach different doctrines? Each of them says that their denomination teaches the truth, so the others must be teaching falsely.
Early believers and followers of Christ were called Christians and so are they today. The Bible in hundreds of verses calls us to believe in Christ and follow Him, obey Him. That is the gift of faith, reconciling with God through Christ.
Catholics and Protestants can agree on the fundamental core, essential doctrines. There are non-essential doctrines that do not invalidate our faith, we just have different interpretations. Since we still are somewhat attached to the flesh ( which we are supposed to render dead), we fall back into our old habits, attitudes, like pride and so disagree at times. This is nothing new.
Paul asked the Corinthians to not be divided, yet in the first century we see division was common. Look at the Seven Churches in Revelation. Two were faithful, and the rest needed rebuke. Jesus said repent to them or else. One church was practocally dead, another was lukewarm that He wanted to vomit out of His mouth yet another with false doctrines.
This has been the Church's lot in life throughout history. Don't worry, God has factored all our blunders and divisions into His perfect plan. All who have been written into The Book of Life since before the foundatoom of the world will be saved according to His will. He is SOVEREIGN.
Jesus said believe in Him and you will be saved. He didn't say, believe in Him and make sure all the doctrines are understood and you'll be saved.
The Gospel: Jesus died for out sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures. Believe that and you will be saved. To believe that obviously you first find out who He was and ehat elsr He did. You are drawn to the Word by our Father. He knocks and you open the door of yoir heart. He lifts the veil of blondnesd and so yoi cam see. You begin to believe the story gradually. Yoi don't have yo have it all figured out. You have many questions and doubts but in time, He answers them.
But you are taught many things over the years. Of you have only attended and learned from one church, well thatbpriest or pastor may have jad some thongs wrong and so you are wrong. Another church has a pastor that teaches little differently, maybe he is a little legalistic, so you lean and trust on him. No church is perfect and every individual in that church isn't in complete unity with everyone else 100% of the time.
Philadelphia was the perfect model, the faithful church.
* A little side note about Corinth. This was a town similar to Amsterdam today, filled with liberal ways, sin, red light districts, a party city. Everyone was tossed in different directions - hence Paul's beseeching them intently. Don't think it was a mild mannered town of gentle Amish folk walking the straight and narrow path. The Christians came out of this hedonistic, wild lifestyle.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I’ll answer this question when YOU show me where the Bible says that Mary ever HAD intercourse.
You should be able to figure it out for yourself...
Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? Mary had other children...Are you saying that all her children passed through her mouth? Jesus came through Mary's vagina and ripped apart the hymen. She can no longer be a virgin.
I’ll go even further than that: Show me a SINGLE Early Church or writing that makes this claim.
Jesus had brothers and sisters. Except in the case of Jesus, sexual intercourse is the way people have children
CAN you do that?
Can you show me how she had children without having sex?
Yeah - I didn’t think so . . .
Yeah, I know you don't think

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Early believers and followers of Christ were called Christians and so are they today.
The early believers were called Christians by whom?
The Bible in hundreds of verses calls us to believe in Christ and follow Him, obey Him.
read it sloelt and tell me where it says Christian.
Eph 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That is the gift of faith, reconciling with God through Christ.
But no mention of Christian.
Catholics and Protestants can agree on the fundamental core, essential doctrines. There are non-essential doctrines that do not invalidate our faith, we just have different interpretations.
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Who gave you authority to make some essential and others non essential.
Since we still are somewhat attached to the flesh ( which we are supposed to render dead), we fall back into our old habits, attitudes, like pride and so disagree at times. This is nothing new.

Paul asked the Corinthians to not be divided, yet in the first century we see division was common. Look at the Seven Churches in Revelation. Two were faithful, and the rest needed rebuke. Jesus said repent to them or else. One church was practocally dead, another was lukewarm that He wanted to vomit out of His mouth yet another with false doctrines.
What do you suppose is the cause? People sit in pews and think all is well because when a person dies the priest or pastor guarantees that they are going to heaven.
This has been the Church's lot in life throughout history.
Because of people like you. Everything is taken for granted. People claim that God called them to be Christians when he didn't, but no one tells them that is a lie.
Don't worry, God has factored all our blunders and divisions into His perfect plan.
Of course he did...
Romans 16:17
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
All who have been written into The Book of Life since before the foundatoom of the world will be saved according to His will.
Revelation 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

This tells me that those who do not overcome their names will be blotted out.
He is SOVEREIGN.
Jesus said believe in Him and you will be saved. He didn't say, believe in Him and make sure all the doctrines are understood and you'll be saved.
By believing in him he means to believe and do as he says...
John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
The Gospel: Jesus died for out sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures. Believe that and you will be saved.
Devils believe that...are devils saved.
To believe that obviously you first find out who He was and ehat elsr He did. You are drawn to the Word by our Father. He knocks and you open the door of yoir heart. He lifts the veil of blondnesd and so yoi cam see. You begin to believe the story gradually. Yoi don't have yo have it all figured out. You have many questions and doubts but in time, He answers them.
You are not making any sense...You said you must believe Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures. Believe that and you will be saved.
What is the point of adding things to that if one is saved by that alone?
But you are taught many things over the years. Of you have only attended and learned from one church, well thatbpriest or pastor may have jad some thongs wrong and so you are wrong.
Hoe does that matter when you said all one has to do is believe Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures. Believe that and you will be saved.
Another church has a pastor that teaches little differently, maybe he is a little legalistic, so you lean and trust on him. No church is perfect and every individual in that church isn't in complete unity with everyone else 100% of the time.
So your counsel is church hopping
Philadelphia was the perfect model, the faithful church.
* A little side note about Corinth. This was a town similar to Amsterdam today, filled with liberal ways, sin, red light districts, a party city. Everyone was tossed in different directions - hence Paul's beseeching them intently. Don't think it was a mild mannered town of gentle Amish folk walking the straight and narrow path. The Christians came out of this hedonistic, wild lifestyle.
What does that have to do with anything?... God did not call anyone to be a Christian.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you make that “plea” quite often.
The sad part is that you have NO idea WHY you say that – just idiotic pre-conceived notions about Christ’s Catholic Church.

You’ve STILL never explained to me why you adhere to a Biblical Canon that came from that Church you tell everybody to “run from”.
Sooooo, why DO you??
I told you already but you did not hear . Even the jews could copy torah beautifully
yet with many of them GOD was not well pleased . Rome might have copied them beautifully
BUT IT SURE dont follow them very well . FLEE that place . I Desire only good for your soul and a wonderful ending
for you . Flee that place . Hurry .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. I thought that I had seen Everything in my 5O+ years of Bible study.....This is the most wicked, blasphemous Lie That I have ever heard.....
What you have just belittled and spit on is the Gospel Of Paul

..you will understand this when you join them in Hell
Really nice, kind , loving .... putting your fruit of the Spirit on displace fall all to see!
Devils see but they don't understand nor do they embrace what is good, only evil . They know God exists. They don't have faith.
Resurrection of Christ

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures. 1 Cor. 15:1-4

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should be able to figure it out for yourself...
Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? Mary had other children...Are you saying that all her children passed through her mouth? Jesus came through Mary's vagina and ripped apart the hymen. She can no longer be a virgin.

Jesus had brothers and sisters. Except in the case of Jesus, sexual intercourse is the way people have children

Can you show me how she had children without having sex?

Yeah, I know you don't think
First of all - Jesus had “ADE:LPHOI” – not siblings.

As far back as the Septuagint – the Greek word. “Adelphoi” was NOT constrained to uterine siblings. This word – AND it’s Hebrew equivalent “Ach” are regularly used for Brother, Half-brother, Step brother, Cousin, Uncle, Fellow believer,, neighbor, Fellow countryman, etc.

YOUR
problem ISN’T that you can’t read – it’s that you are IGNORANT.

Now, how about YOU showing ME a single verse that says MARY had “other” children, hmmmmm??
You won’t even be able to find this falsehood in extraBiblical writings of the time.

As to your question about “how she had children without having sex?”
ABSOLUTELY:

Luke 1:30-35

“Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, since I am a
VIRGIN?
The angel answered,
“THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL COME ON YOU, AND THE POWER OF THE MOST HIGH WILL OVERSHADOW YOU. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Your LACK of faith the power of Almighty God is appalling . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave your own made-up story. No one can be a perpetual virgin. That idea is just silly. It is not written anywhere in the scripture.

Mary is not the ark of any covenant. The scriptures do not say Mary is the ark of a covenant. Like I said you are making that up.

you didn't give anything to refute. It is not even an argument.
Wanna bet?

FIRST
of all – as to your FAITHLESS claim that I’s “silly” to believe that God can make somebody a perpetual virgin. It’s ALSO impossible for a virgin to get pregnant and give birth – so what makes YOU think that God is NOT capable of this. He SPOKE and the universe leapt into existence.

Or do YOU deny that as well?? Your lack of faith is pathetic.
As to your ignorant claim that Mary is NOT the ark of the NEW Covenant - turn your untouched Bible to Rev. 11:19 and read along.

In the Book of Revelation, we see the New Ark of the Covenant in Heaven being spoken of at the very end of Chapter 11, verse 19:
Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

The very next verse is in Chapter 12 (Rev 12:1):
A great sign appeared in the sky, a WOMAN clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

Verse 2
says:
She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.

We know that this child is Jesus because in verse 4, we read:
She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod.

Mary’s Son, Jesus IS the New Covenant incarnate. Just as a gold-leaf wooden box was the Ark of the Covenant – Jesus’s Mother is the Ark of the NEW Covenant.
There is simply NO getting around the fact that the Woman here in Revelation 12 is Mary – and is also the Ark in Heaven (Rev/ 11:19).

Now, give me a BIBLICAL refutation – or just admit that you‘re wrong again . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Illuminator

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was happy to see another forum where the Word of God is the main focus but after I was registered and began to search through the website I was amazed to see Christians only forums. Christianity is an example of what Paul spoke against in 1 Cor 1
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

The thing that is called Christianity is not what the gospel is about. Christianity is a community of divided groups fighting against each other. Is Christ divided? Why is every Christian denomination teaching a different doctrine? According to the scripture, the thing that is called Christianity is not of Christ because Christianity promotes division.
It is amazing to see the lack of simple understanding being exercised by the leaders of these groups.
How can Christianity be teaching the truth when there are hundreds of sects that teach different doctrines? Each of them says that their denomination teaches the truth, so the others must be teaching falsely.
All believers in Christ are called the body, his church We all have communion with same God and Holy Spirit. We may have different ways of doing things but as long as we believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ we're good. Our goal to serve others and get the good news out.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you already but you did not hear . Even the jews could copy torah beautifully
yet with many of them GOD was not well pleased . Rome might have copied them beautifully
BUT IT SURE dont follow them very well . FLEE that place . I Desire only good for your soul and a wonderful ending
for you . Flee that place . Hurry .
Another ignorant and evasive response.

There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between Jews who lost faith – and an evil, demonic cult that YOU claim the Catholic Church is.
The Jews were given the mantle of Authority and guardianship regarding the Scriptures
God would NOT give that SAME mantle of Authority of the New Testament to an evil, demonic cult..

So, ONCE again, my ignorant friend – why do YOU adhere to a Canon of Scripture that was written, compiled and declared Canonical by an an evil, demonic cult.
Why do you hang ALL of your hope for salvation in CATHOLIC Document – yet condemn the very source from which it came??

That’s the very HEIGHT of hypocrisy . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All believers in Christ are called the body, his church We all have communion with same God and Holy Spirit. We may have different ways of doing things but as long as we believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ we're good. Our goal to serve others and get the good news out.
Our job is to get the TRUTH of the Gospel out. It is NOT to lie and invent falsehoods about the Catholic Church.

That’s what anti-Catholicism is ALL about. It’s NOT about those who simply “disagree” or have a difference of “opinion” – which is what I believe YOU’RE talking about.

Christ’s Church is NOT everyone who “believes” in Him (Matt. 7:21-23). It is all of those who obedient to Him by submitting to His Church (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23.

His Church is united as "ONE" (John 17:20-23) - not splintered into tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering factions that ALL teach different and competing doctrines. It is a VISIBLE entity - a "city on a hill" for ALL to see (Matt. 5:14).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another ignorant and evasive response.

There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between Jews who lost faith – and an evil, demonic cult that YOU claim the Catholic Church is.
The Jews were given the mantle of Authority and guardianship regarding the Scriptures
God would NOT give that SAME mantle of Authority of the New Testament to an evil, demonic cult..

So, ONCE again, my ignorant friend – why do YOU adhere to a Canon of Scripture that was written, compiled and declared Canonical by an an evil, demonic cult.
Why do you hang ALL of your hope for salvation in CATHOLIC Document – yet condemn the very source from which it came??

That’s the very HEIGHT of hypocrisy . . .
You just dont like the answer . cause it hit spot on with the problem .
You wanna believe you have taken root under the truth . When IN TRUTH you have NOT .
It was a simple response that your eyes cannot see , your ears cannot hear
and though a man say it two thousand fold you would not hear it .
You beloved CC has deceived you . It has sung you a song of that which is wrong and ye have loved
it all the day long . forgive the rhyme but it surely is TIME
that ye come out from amongst that place .
Your beloved CC has done exactly what other false ones have done . Created a religion
that told folks ye cannot know the truth lest ye sit under us . Jw , mormon and scores of others have done this .
It would be like me saying , HEY YALL , you cant know your bibles LEST I TEACH YOU .
YET that is not what i do . I JUST SAY GO LEARN IT FOR YOURSELVES .
Your religion has killed more souls through many centuries than a man can count .
Now when i say killed , i dont mean it just put to death folks , what i mean is those who sat under it
and fell for its ruse now await the second death . I am only trying to help you my friend . FLEE HER and never look back .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our job is to get the TRUTH of the Gospel out. It is NOT to lie and invent falsehoods about the Catholic Church.

That’s what anti-Catholicism is ALL about. It’s NOT about those who simply “disagree” or have a difference of “opinion” – which is what I believe YOU’RE talking about.

Christ’s Church is NOT everyone who “believes” in Him (Matt. 7:21-23). It is all of those who obedient to Him by submitting to His Church (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23.

His Church is united as "ONE" (John 17:20-23) - not splintered into tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering factions that ALL teach different and competing doctrines. It is a VISIBLE entity - a "city on a hill" for ALL to see (Matt. 5:14).
You just said our job is to get the TRUTH of the gospel out . YET YOU FOLLOW POPE FRANCIS .
and everytime i have brought you things from the vaticans own website proving that man preaches the grand lie
of another gospel , YOU just wont hear it . SO lets hear it , what is the TRUTH of this gospel you speak off .
Cause the CC sure dont preach it . and POPE francis sure dont . THEY too busy
trying to create this new world religoin of lies and treachery . I challenge you
to investigate your own beloved pope francis and see exactly what he believes in . A HINT
it aint no different than oprah wimphrey nor scores of others . THEY DENY the TRUE GOSPEL
and give way to the idea that other religions are coming to GOD in their own way . WHAT A LIE FROM HELL .
YOUR POPES preach this garbage and the protestant realm aint no better about it either .
Well i expose it . I shall stick to CHRIST and the bible , I ONLY PRAY others quickly do the same before its forever too late .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just dont like the answer . cause it hit spot on with the problem .
You wanna believe you have taken root under the truth . When IN TRUTH you have NOT .
It was a simple response that your eyes cannot see , your ears cannot hear
and though a man say it two thousand fold you would not hear it .
You beloved CC has deceived you . It has sung you a song of that which is wrong and ye have loved
it all the day long . forgive the rhyme but it surely is TIME
that ye come out from amongst that place .
Your beloved CC has done exactly what other false ones have done . Created a religion
that told folks ye cannot know the truth lest ye sit under us . Jw , mormon and scores of others have done this .
It would be like me saying , HEY YALL , you cant know your bibles LEST I TEACH YOU .
YET that is not what i do . I JUST SAY GO LEARN IT FOR YOURSELVES .
Your religion has killed more souls through many centuries than a man can count .
Now when i say killed , i dont mean it just put to death folks , what i mean is those who sat under it
and fell for its ruse now await the second death . I am only trying to help you my friend . FLEE HER and never look back .
Your moronic attacks and comments produce ZERO fruit.
A follower of Christ doesn’t go around condemning anything WITHOUT providing the REAON WHY.

You constantly say “Flee her” – but you don’t offer ANY reasons why.
When you condemn something as a lie – you MUST provide what you perceive to be the Truth, Otherwise – it’s nothing more than a shallow and impotent attack.

As to your idiotic assertion that you DON’T need Christ’s Church and that ALL you need to do is to read the Bible – this is ANTI-Biblical behavior. Don’t forget – Satan knows the Bible better than YOU do (Matt. 4:1-11).

Jesus DIDN’T place the Bible as your Authority
He gave ALL of His Authority to His CHURCH (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 15:18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23), – which He instructed to teach all nations (Matt. 28:18-20).

In fact, the ONLY thing that disobeying this command by usurping His Church is the perpetual-splintering of Protestantism – with each splinter sect inventing their OWN sets of rules instead of obeying CHRIST’S rules.

Lone Rangers like yourself have taken the splintering of Protestantism to NEW heights of perversion . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just said our job is to get the TRUTH of the gospel out . YET YOU FOLLOW POPE FRANCIS .
and everytime i have brought you things from the vaticans own website proving that man preaches the grand lie
of another gospel , YOU just wont hear it . SO lets hear it , what is the TRUTH of this gospel you speak off .
Cause the CC sure dont preach it . and POPE francis sure dont . THEY too busy
trying to create this new world religoin of lies and treachery . I challenge you
to investigate your own beloved pope francis and see exactly what he believes in . A HINT
it aint no different than oprah wimphrey nor scores of others . THEY DENY the TRUE GOSPEL
and give way to the idea that other religions are coming to GOD in their own way . WHAT A LIE FROM HELL .
YOUR POPES preach this garbage and the protestant realm aint no better about it either .
Well i expose it . I shall stick to CHRIST and the bible , I ONLY PRAY others quickly do the same before its forever too late .
I’ll start with the LAST part of your idiocy –

If YOU read the Bible and interprets it ONE way – and the guy next door reads it and interprets things a DIFFERENT way – WHO is right and WHO is wrong??
Do you NOT see the idiocy here? This is precisely what Protestantism is ALL about – perpetual splintering and perpetual DIVISION.

The differences are like Night and Day:
Some
Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on.
What a MESS . . .

As for the rest of your manurePope Francis isn’t my favorite Pope, or even the most articulate.
He has some opinions that I disagree with - BUT, he doesn’t teach heresy like YOU and many others here do.

You STILL haven’t given a SINGLE reason as to why the Catholic Church is false or “evil”.
And you STILL haven’t explained HOW a false and “evil” cult would be give the Authority to declare the Canon of Scripture – which YOU Protestants claim to be “Sole Authority “ for mankind.

Waiting for answers to BOTH . . .

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
First of all - Jesus had “ADE:LPHOI” – not siblings.

As far back as the Septuagint – the Greek word. “Adelphoi” was NOT constrained to uterine siblings. This word – AND it’s Hebrew equivalent “Ach” are regularly used for Brother, Half-brother, Step brother, Cousin, Uncle, Fellow believer,, neighbor, Fellow countryman, etc.
You are funny...The word is used for brother...Half-brother, Stepbrother, Since Jesus and his brothers did not have the same father it is the reason for the use of the word. You are not very bright are you?
YOUR problem ISN’T that you can’t read – it’s that you are IGNORANT.
How am I ignorant? They are actually Jesus's step brothers and step sisters. Joseph is not the father of Jesus. God is.
Now, how about YOU showing ME a single verse that says MARY had “other” children, hmmmmm??
You won’t even be able to find this falsehood in extraBiblical writings of the time.
You already proved that she did. First of all - Jesus had “ADE:LPHOI” – not siblings. Brother, Half-brother, Step brother,
Matt 13
55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

The Bible says Jesus had sisters...
As to your question about “how she had children without having sex?”
ABSOLUTELY:

Luke 1:30-35

“Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, since I am a
VIRGIN?
The angel answered,
“THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL COME ON YOU, AND THE POWER OF THE MOST HIGH WILL OVERSHADOW YOU. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Your LACK of faith the power of Almighty God is appalling . . .
You seem to be saying that Mary had children without having sex... The passage accounts for only one child without sex, not children. The question was about children, more than one.
Matt 13
55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.