Where is the New Jerusalem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really do find ludicrous, the "literalism" so many people here are chained to. In order for those measurements to be plotted-out by a man with a handheld measuring rod, it would have taken months and months and months to measure just the 1380 miles of one side... even if he could have figured out how in the world to reach the top of the "city" to measure it. LOL

Well, you are talking about the God of the created the universe.

John was not there in the flesh so why are you putting flesh restrictions on Revelation?

So you're saying the book of Revelation is a bunch of nonsense and should not be in the Bible.

Nor should Eoch and Elijah be in heaven.

And how could a man Jesus ascended to heaven, then descend and then ascend again in the first coming?

Reactions: teamventure

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the way God made the surfaces we walk upon on the earth He created for us, lush grass and soft sand...… yet, in the future, we are going to have to walk on rock-hard streets of gold.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the way God made the surfaces we walk upon on the earth He created for us, lush grass and soft sand...… yet, in the future, we are going to have to walk on rock-hard streets of gold.

I grew up where there was soft sand and muck.

Saying the Sand burrs and the muck slimy, smelly and like quicksand.

Where I live now is Clay, which is either slippery very hard to wash off or dried hard as a brick.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I really do find ludicrous, the "literalism" so many people here are chained to. In order for those measurements to be plotted-out by a man with a handheld measuring rod, it would have taken months and months and months to measure just the 1380 miles of one side... even if he could have figured out how in the world to reach the top of the "city" to measure it. LOL
Willie,

How come you are now resorting to humanistic and naturalistic thinking?

Do you think that God could not use the supernatural powers of angels to measure the heavenly city? It was NOT John but an angel who did the measuring, and angels can fly.

And he that talked with me [the angel] had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. (Rev 21:15)

So you are a believer full of UNBELIEF.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long

I'd stick with stadia though, 12,000 is really the important part prolly
Revelation 21:16 Lexicon: The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal.

and I wouldn't be getting too married to that "square" either! That goes away in the orig too

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Of course not since they both are in heaven in the flesh.
no they aren't, as other Scripture makes plain. And "I can't Quote it bc they are both there in the flesh" does not even make sense?

No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it
They will be the two witnesses in the tribulation. The only two in history that can come back and die.
so you say
but you might note that if that is not true what you have there amounts to a belief that must be gotten rid of before any better belief can take its place. Hence why we call them beliefs and not absolute truths

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long

I'd stick with stadia though, 12,000 is really the important part prolly
Revelation 21:16 Lexicon: The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal.

and I wouldn't be getting too married to that "square" either! That goes away in the orig too

A stadia is 607 feet. 12,000 is about 1,400 miles.

Depending on your assumptions that is room for about 32 billion people.

When you're dealing with such massive numbers I don't think it is a point to bog down on, but from what I can see stadia is the correct word.

Furlong comes from old English and does not equal a stadia.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no they aren't, as other Scripture makes plain. And "I can't Quote it bc they are both there in the flesh" does not even make sense?

so you say
but you might note that if that is not true what you have there amounts to a belief that must be gotten rid of before any better belief can take its place. Hence why we call them beliefs and not absolute truths

so you say
Revelation 11:3-4
3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”
4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”

The second person of the Trinity descended and incarnated as Jesus Christ.

When his mission was completed he ascended back to heaven in Jesus Christ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Revelation 11:3-4
3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”
4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”

The second person of the Trinity descended and incarnated as Jesus Christ.

When his mission was completed he ascended back to heaven in Jesus Christ.
wadr I would be leaving the Rev alone for now, or I mean at least until "anywhere but here" is gone...

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
You honestly think Jesus went off to construct a mud-hut city we all have to be housed inside? And that it is going to thump down on a mountaintop in a desert land?

Willie T, instead of being a scoffer of the word of God, why don't you give us your non-literal enterpretation.