Where The Body Is The Vultures Will Gather

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kindly read and study Revelation 19. The Marriage of the Lamb takes place immediately before the second coming, which means that the saints (the Church, the Bride of Christ) have already been raptured in order to become the Lamb's Wife. Therefore it is impossible for the rapture and the second coming to coincide.

I agree.

I now recall having a discussion with someone recently on this same line (Keraz, I think), and he was saying the wedding supper takes place on earth after Armageddon. I was asking what sort of a setting would that be for a wedding, i.e. with dead corpses covering the planet? He tried covering by saying the scriptures never specify how long it will be before the wedding actually takes place after His return, but I think he was fudging things. The context suggests the wedding is the primary reason why He returns to begin with (Revelation 19:7-10). The secondary is then to destroy the nations and the cast the beast and the false prophet into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 19:11-21).

Granted, there is a break in between these two passages that Brakelite will likely say does not exist. But it still begs the question: What sort of a wedding is kicked off by with the worst bloodbath in history?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Exactly. There will be a river of blood 200 miles long and at least five feet deep. Hard to imagine but clearly revealed in Scripture.
:rolleyes: that you will be able to spy with your two little eyes, right, bc after all that is what the Revelation of Christ is all about, huh.
i mean no offense ok, but the river is figurative, and fwiw "a horse's bridle" and "600 stadia" are essential to the real meaning, meaning i wouldn't be doing all those handy conversions right now either wadr, unless you are intent upon verifying your true present position to anyone with ears iow

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get that. And I see where you are coming from, which even if your perspective is slightly different, confirms my point. That the rapture does not remove the church from the scene of destruction, but on the contrary leaves them in such a position as to be witnesses to the just and righteous character of the God who protects them from the destruction. The so-called rapture takes place at the same time as the destruction of the wicked...the time of the second coming.
Noah did not witness anything. He was sealed inside the Ark.

And he was raised above the place/scene of destruction.

After the seventh church no mention in any way of church again until the second coming, when the bride descends with a groom from heaven. Nor any mention during the millennial kingdom on this earth.

Church and Israel cannot coexist on this earth.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kindly read and study Revelation 19. The Marriage of the Lamb takes place immediately before the second coming, which means that the saints (the Church, the Bride of Christ) have already been raptured in order to become the Lamb's Wife. Therefore it is impossible for the rapture and the second coming to coincide.
Marriage Super of the Lamb

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. There will be a river of blood 200 miles long and at least five feet deep. Hard to imagine but clearly revealed in Scripture.
:rolleyes: that you will be able to spy with your two little eyes, right, bc after all that is what the Revelation of Christ is all about, huh.
i mean no offense ok, but the river is figurative, and fwiw "a horse's bridle" and "600 stadia" are essential to the real meaning, meaning i wouldn't be doing all those handy conversions right now either wadr, unless you are intent upon verifying your true present position to anyone with ears iow

I believe I know where the winepress actually is, Byrd. :) But let's do a little calculating for fun.

The average human body weighting 180 lbs. has roughly 1.5 gallons of blood. If you multiply that by just the 200,000,000 soldiers who will die during the Battle of Armageddon, that would make 300,000,000 gallons of blood. That's a lot of blood.

About the location, the following text tells us where it will be:

"Who is this who comes from Edom, with garments dyed from Bozrah? He who is glorious in His apparel, traveling in the greatness of His strength?"
"I who speak in righteousness, Mighty to save."
"Why are You red in Your apparel, and Your garments like he who treads in the wine vat?"
"I have trodden the winepress alone… I will tread them in My anger, and trample them in My fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon My garments, and I will stain all My raiment. For the Day of vengeance is in My heart, and the year of My redeemed has come." (Isaiah 63:1–4)

Edom and Bozrah are located in the Arabah, i.e. the southern leg of the Jordan Rift Valley, which would form a massive drainage ditch geographically. If I can find a good map I will post it here...

arabahmap2.jpg

If there were that many dead bodies actually cast into locations like what you see below (best I could find), you don't think blood would rise to the hieght of a horse's bridle in some places, and extend for hundreds of miles. Again, the two million soldiers are just the armies of the Antichrist. If billions are then added to this number from the nations of the earth who are slain of the Lord, it becomes more plausible, yes? Something will have to be done with all the dead bodies, and it seems the Lord already has a plan in place for this.

16.jpg

3666083452_6457c12ff2.jpg

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...that you will be able to spy with your two little eyes, right, bc after all that is what the Revelation of Christ is all about, huh.
It should be obvious to everyone by now that your primary objective here is to controvert Bible truth. So your snide remarks are not unexpected.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It should be obvious to everyone by now that your primary objective here is to controvert Bible truth. So your snide remarks are not unexpected.
snide, not snide, i've tried every way known, doesn't matter. i mean wadr it should also be obvious to everyone by now that you got nothing relevant to say about the point, or you would not be doing this here i guess. Iow it's obvious that i have the "Bible truth" on my side, or you would be addressing that, right? If you hadn't made statements of belief as if they were absolute truths i would not have been compelled to say anything fwiw, i have no objections about any of your beliefs, ok. Do you even have any? i suspect not at this point, but i am finding out as we speak, see. Believe me it is easy to get me to leave you alone, if you like, just say the word; i understand what "Enoch111" is really saying bro :D

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can vultures become eagles?
Can dogs be given bread?
Can beasts be cleansed?

B

brakelite

So the raptured church marries Christ, but the Christians converter during the 7 years following (or is it three and a half...I get somewhat confused about who believes what in that area) miss out?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can vultures become eagles?
Can dogs be given bread?
Can beasts be cleansed?
So the raptured church marries Christ, but the Christians converter during the 7 years following (or is it three and a half...I get somewhat confused about who believes what in that area) miss out?
They are tribulation saints, not Church.

There are distinct groups some saints in the bible:

Before Israel there was neither Jew nor gentile. But there are saints from that time. One distinct group.

Then there are OT Israel saints and gentile saints. Two distinct groups.

Then Church and those that did not hear the gospel. Two distinct groups.

Next will be Israel of the new covenant and tribulation non Jewish saints. in the MK. Two groups.

Nothing in the bible says the church has always existed on the earth and will exist until the end of time.

Nothing says Israel will become church or church will become Israel.

But it does say Israel and church are co-heirs in the body of Christ. Together but still two distinct groups.

Israel is never called the bride. But the bride will return with Christ at the second coming and at the same time Israel will be there.

We see Israel as the foundation of the New Jerusalem and church as its gateway.

I think the saints are the residents outside the New Jerusalem on the new earth.

And of course the lost will be in the lake of fire, its exact location never specified.

The dwelling place of the angels is also not specified. But I believe that will be as before the ancient war in heaven, where they all had their own the estate's.

The four living creatures are not angels, they are flesh. I believe they are of the preadamic creation that took part in the war in heaven, resulting in the earth being destroyed between genesis 1:1 and 2.

The evil ones became demons. Nothing says they were imprisoned anywhere.

Creation has been far more complex than many want to understand.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Charity! In case I never mention it, I enjoy reading your posts. You seem to have a pleasant spirit about you.

As to your suggestion here, I thought it over, but I would have to agree with Victory. That the vultures would be the false Christs seems to contradict the context, since Jesus warned the disciples that some would gather in the wilderness or in the secret chambers to see "Christ." And since the vultures are said to be the ones who "gather" around the body, the natural reading would be that those who "flock" to see the false Christs will be their followers, not the false Christs themselves.

But Job 39:27 is interesting and helpful, and a confirmation about how birds will gather at the battle of Armageddon to eat the slain of the Lord.

Hello @Hidden In Him,

Yet it is the nature of the vulture or eagle to devour it's prey. That would not be the intention of those seeking the false Christs, would it?

I agree with what you say concerning the Lord's coming being manifested in the heavens, which will distinguish it from the false Christs below.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Enoch111,

What qualifying scriptures can you provide that identifies the Church to be 'The Bride of the Lamb'? (The term 'The Bride of Christ' being nowhere mentioned in Scripture).

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, well. Had to stop reading there, unfortunately. I had hoped we might have convinced you to walk in a different Spirit, but it looks like it didn't take.

That's a common tactic of people exposed, claim indignation by the charges as an excuse not to answer the charges. Yeah, I know, you don't consider yourself a pretribber, but you still tell their lies, because you're still defending false doctrines that are mostly the same as pretribber doctrine.

You tell the lie that the disciples wanted to know where the false Christs would come from, but it's a lie because:

1) "Where" is an irrelevant question to Jesus' comment about false Christs, any other supposed Christ is false.
2) In the parallel passage, Jesus did say where for reasons of illustration, and it wasn't in answer to anyone's question.
3) In context, the disciples asked where people would be taken. The contest says they "answered" Jesus when he said one would be take and another one left.
4) In the parallel passage, Jesus gives a stronger explanation to those taken, they'd be taken to where there is a gnashing of teeth.
5) It's not legitimate to pick "where" out of context, as you did and move it to another position in a parallel passage.
6) If "When?" was vague, it's by far most reasonable that the disciples would want to know where people are taken, not where false Christs would appear.
7) Jesus also equates those "taken" with those "swept away" in the flood and with those killed in Sodom.
8) There's no indication whatsoever that those taken are raptured. LIAR.

That's 8 points to 0 against your false "taken" teaching. I'll be generous, and give one for your argument in the OP. That's 8 to 1 points.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Hidden In Him,

Yet it is the nature of the vulture or eagle to devour it's prey. That would not be the intention of those seeking the false Christs, would it?

I agree with what you say concerning the Lord's coming being manifested in the heavens, which will distinguish it from the false Christs below.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Chris

Well, my first thought was that this might be taking the analogy too far... but He may have meant it in the same sense as "This is my body... Take and eat." In this analogy His body was His word, so by the same token they would be gathering to devour the word of the false christs.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yet it is the nature of the vulture or eagle to devour it's prey.
i know you had a diff point there, but fwiw vultures do not have prey, right, and i'm not sure i want to be associated with an eagle at all, come to think of it? Which might have been part of your point
That would not be the intention of those seeking the false Christs, would it?
ha, are you asking Qs dialectically herenow?
not is not really not iow?
:D