Where the falling away takes place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
2 thess 2
[sup]1[/sup]Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, [sup]2[/sup]That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. [sup]3[/sup]Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [sup]4[/sup]Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Where must a falling away take place in order for the man of sin to stand in Jerusalem and show himself that he is God?
Must the falling away take place in Cayucos California in order for the man of sin to stand in Jerusalem?
Must a falling away take place in Lexington Virginia in order for the man of sin to stand in Jerusalem?
Must a falling away take place in Tubac Arizona in oder for the man of sin to stand in Jerusalem?

Or must the falling away take place in Jerusalem in order for the man of sin to stand in Jerusalem and show himself that he is God?

If you going to take about the falling away then at least keep it in the context of the message.
The abomination of desolation isnt placed in Coalwood West Virginia.
It shall be set up in Jerusalem where the beast is and by the false prophet.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The falling away takes place in the Laodicean church age where the love of many goes from hot to cold.

http://www.christian...-per-gods-word/

If E = mc2 then m = E / c2. There is a spiritual E (warmth, love) and c2 (faith hope and charity)

Lets take the opposites.

z (absolute zero) = n (nothing) * d (darkness) or n = z / d. There is a spiriutal z (cold, hate) and d ( fear, depression, and greed).

How many people you know that are like that .... Even on this board! They have the bible and the head knowledge but NO E / c2 !!!!

An example of that is on the news just today where (the so called) Eddie Bishop just settled with his accusers...

http://religion.blog...ccusers/?hpt=T2

Which the whole episode you know makes God sick to his stomach!

[sup]15[/sup]I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

[sup]16[/sup]So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. (How does God say... Sick!)

[sup]17[/sup]Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:- Revelation 3:15, 16, 17

The great falling away is happening right now! In our time!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The falling away (apostasy per the Greek of 2 Thess.2:3), has NOT begun yet today.

II Th 2:10-11
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(KJV)

What lie? What strong delusion?

How can that "strong delusion" and "a lie" be connected to that time of the "falling away"? It is linked, but how? Learn that, and then you'll understand what kind of falling away period Paul was actually speaking about.