Which decade were you born in?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which decade were you born in?

• 1920s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1930s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1940s

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 1950s

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • 1960s

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 1970s

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 1980s

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 1990s

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 2000s

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
R

Rita

So 1970s look like they were very quiet then.
Wasn’t quiet for me, I was born in 1958, so by the 70’s I was a teenybopper - spent years going round London screaming for The Osmonds , but was also a David Cassidy fan as well. It was such a fun time.
I have been thinking a lot about those times lately, actually just ordered a copy of my very first single ‘ David Cassidy ‘ Cherish / Could it be forever. I use to drive my parents nuts playing it over and over and over again !
It was an interesting decade to grow up in, but so were the 60’s- think I benefited from it being post war when things were beginning to thrive again - I was very fortunate x
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wasn’t quiet for me, I was born in 1958, so by the 70’s I was a teenybopper - spent years going round London screaming for The Osmonds , but was also a David Cassidy fan as well. It was such a fun time.
I have been thinking a lot about those times lately, actually just ordered a copy of my very first single ‘ David Cassidy ‘ Cherish / Could it be forever. I use to drive my parents nuts playing it over and over and over again !
It was an interesting decade to grow up in, but so were the 60’s- think I benefited from it being post war when things were beginning to thrive again - I was very fortunate x
Rita

Was quiet for me as I wasn't here. Hahaha

Reactions: Rita
R

Rita

It was a weird decade in the UK, ended up with the glam rock, and then punk. We had black outs due to the miners strikes- that was interesting. We had an Indian summer , no rain until the beginning of October that year. ( unusual for the UK ) We had the IRA bombing us, my brother served in Northern Ireland - I left school and by the end of the decade was married.
Rita

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What could I tell you about my decade that you don't already know, everyone is so old! ;):D

Reactions: Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It was a weird decade in the UK, ended up with the glam rock, and then punk. We had black outs due to the miners strikes- that was interesting. We had an Indian summer , no rain until the beginning of October that year. ( unusual for the UK ) We had the IRA bombing us, my brother served in Northern Ireland - I left school and by the end of the decade was married.
Rita
@Rita Punk seemed radical at the time but really it was kind of a style: maybe hair dyeing and piercings etc., but people who were punk when it emerged are now venerable grandparents.... :)

R

Rita

@Rita Punk seemed radical at the time but really it was kind of a style: maybe hair dyeing and piercings etc., but people who were punk when it emerged are now venerable grandparents.... :)
That was sure a weird style - definitely radical. They just wanted to shock people and rebel - when you look back at how the sex pistols ( not sure they were known in the US or Canada ) acted on interviews, they were just so immature in how they wanted to show off. Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That was sure a weird style - definitely radical. They just wanted to shock people and rebel - when you look back at how the sex pistols ( not sure they were known in the US or Canada ) acted on interviews, they were just so immature in how they wanted to show off. Rita
@Rita Depends on the person, really, I guess. Now it's not unusual for grandmothers or older nurses, etc., sometimes to put streaks of colour in their hair, etc., in ways that in the 70s would have been called punk, but which now is simply an individual style.

Maybe you were always more reserved - I don't know - but it seems that styles such as extra ear piercings, red / blue hair dye are not unusually worn by older ppl sometimes if they are in the mood, so to speak.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for fun and to see which decade is the populated amoung the CyB members and I think the 1990s are going to win by a long shot not. :p

But I guess it will be a tight race between the 1950s and 1960s.

The 1970's. My favorite decades are the 80's and the 30's, 40's, and 50's. I love to listen to Old Time Radio. :)

Reactions: Josho