...which (eventually) means that your previous desire to sin, will clash with your Christian desire to die on your Cross...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So this is something really easy and strengthening to focus, in your walk with Christ: the time will come when your previous desire to sin (hate, lie, distrust for example), clashes with your (Christian) desire to die on your Cross. As Jesus said "Father not my will but Yours be done", that was a turning over of what Christ wanted to do, to the Cross that God wanted Him to die on. You might think that its disempowering, but it is not! Our dying on our Cross, has far more power than sin, sin is almost easy and light to forget, once you are walking towards the Great Door in Heaven. You might think "no, that's a long way off" but even a good life (of seventy years) is not long going, before it is over! You can commit to this, you can start to say "Lord, I thank you that the good life of seventy years is almost over and I have served you faithfully in it, in Your Name Amen", if you do this every day, you will have purpose and meaning.

The point is, unlike a mid-life crisis, we should be looking forward to that "clash", it should make our faith and expectation clearer to us, enable us to be more direct. The life of the nations, will continue on without us, until they realise what it was we had in God - which they can't do until they see our dying in a context that is connected to God. Even the dying is not the point, but committing to it helps us realise that there is a "resurrection" coming (one that is unique to us). We should be expectant, we should be committed. These things will come together in the Holy Spirit and give us direction and meaning. We should expect to conquer sin on the way to the righteousness of God, which is Grace beyond the Law and Righteousness beyond Rejection. God wants to give our Cross, power. If God can give our Cross power, nothing can hold us back!

The "clash" also means that judgment is diminished; the Devil can't hold us back, as much as he might dream or like to. There is leadership in this, because we come to serve more greatly when these things are being worked out in the Lord, according to the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Sin, Righteousness and Judgment all dealt with in the Holy Spirit, we should be asking that the Bride Herself be rewarded, with the joy of receiving us in the Resurrection. This is a tremendous turn around, from the sin we were going to continue in, having nothing else to hope for! This is the purpose of God, being worked out in our lives, even through a clash.

I hope this has given you focus to your faith, at whatever stage it is up to!

God bless.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi there,

So this is something really easy and strengthening to focus, in your walk with Christ: the time will come when your previous desire to sin (hate, lie, distrust for example), clashes with your (Christian) desire to die on your Cross. As Jesus said "Father not my will but Yours be done", that was a turning over of what Christ wanted to do, to the Cross that God wanted Him to die on. You might think that its disempowering, but it is not! Our dying on our Cross, has far more power than sin, sin is almost easy and light to forget, once you are walking towards the Great Door in Heaven. You might think "no, that's a long way off" but even a good life (of seventy years) is not long going, before it is over! You can commit to this, you can start to say "Lord, I thank you that the good life of seventy years is almost over and I have served you faithfully in it, in Your Name Amen", if you do this every day, you will have purpose and meaning.

The point is, unlike a mid-life crisis, we should be looking forward to that "clash", it should make our faith and expectation clearer to us, enable us to be more direct. The life of the nations, will continue on without us, until they realise what it was we had in God - which they can't do until they see our dying in a context that is connected to God. Even the dying is not the point, but committing to it helps us realise that there is a "resurrection" coming (one that is unique to us). We should be expectant, we should be committed. These things will come together in the Holy Spirit and give us direction and meaning. We should expect to conquer sin on the way to the righteousness of God, which is Grace beyond the Law and Righteousness beyond Rejection. God wants to give our Cross, power. If God can give our Cross power, nothing can hold us back!

The "clash" also means that judgment is diminished; the Devil can't hold us back, as much as he might dream or like to. There is leadership in this, because we come to serve more greatly when these things are being worked out in the Lord, according to the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Sin, Righteousness and Judgment all dealt with in the Holy Spirit, we should be asking that the Bride Herself be rewarded, with the joy of receiving us in the Resurrection. This is a tremendous turn around, from the sin we were going to continue in, having nothing else to hope for! This is the purpose of God, being worked out in our lives, even through a clash.

I hope this has given you focus to your faith, at whatever stage it is up to!

God bless.
This sort of discussion always takes me to these verses:

Heb 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off every encumbrance and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with endurance the race set out for us. (2) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This sort of discussion always takes me to these verses:

Heb 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off every encumbrance and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with endurance the race set out for us. (2) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Indeed let us run for joy! We are racing death and crushing hell!

The more the Cross clashes with our sin, the less shame there is, the less indignity (you are right!)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Indeed let us run for joy! We are racing death and crushing hell!

The more the Cross clashes with our sin, the less shame there is, the less indignity (you are right!)
1684389541378.png

I continue carrying MY cross because I'm a disciple of Christ and one of the disciplines of our Christian discipleship is that of denying ourselves and taking up our cross daily. (Luke 9:23) I have identified three similarities between our crosses and the Cross Christ bore:

• His Cross was the burden of doing His Heavenly Father's Will, as is the cross we bear.
  • His Cross was the instrument of His death, as is the cross we bear to achieve the death of our fleshly desires.
  • His Cross was the consequence of His willingness to achieve our salvation, and likewise the uncomfortable cross we bear is the consequence of our willingness to witness our salvation.
Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

• Wow
Reactions: Gottservant

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the old man must be buried; and it takes consistent prayer, fasting and living in the Word for that to happen. If we neglect these spiritual exercises, the old man will want to pop up again with some, if not all, of his/her traits.

Ephesians 4
[21] If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
[22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
[23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
[24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Colossians 3
[8] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[10] And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: