Which Team Is The Devil Playing For...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is my angle...The Jews erroneously attributed the source of both good and bad to God. It wasn't until Jesus that we learn't who this operator with malevolent designs bent on destruction was and that God had no part in it.

Hey, man. Sorry for the late responses. I am so busy lately that I really shouldn't be involved in conversations at all.

But about this, it's too hard to take that view away from the account in the Garden of Eden. Satan accused the Living God of being a Liar, and sought to deceive His creation into sinning against Him and bringing death upon himself. If there was ever an operator with malevolent designs, it was the serpent, whom the Lord identified with Satan again in Revelation (Revelation 20:2).
It appears the above idea was interchangeable in the Jewish mind because of this view.

Again, the problem with your theory for me is that the Pharisees readily identified an evil entity in their exchanges with Jesus (Matthew 9:34). If they attributed both good and bad to God up until the time of Jesus, they would not have assented to Jesus' claim that there was a prince of demons. And in the Matthew 12 text, when they claimed He did his works by Beelzebub, Jesus then questioned them on how Satan could be divided against his own kingdom and stand, meaning he understood them to be equating Beelzebub with Satan:

24 But when the Pharisees heard about the miracle, they said, “No wonder he can cast out demons. He gets his power from Beelzebub, the prince of demons.” 25 Jesus knew their thoughts and replied, “Any kingdom divided by civil war is doomed. A town or family splintered by feuding will fall apart. 26 And if Satan is casting out Satan, he is divided and fighting against himself. His own kingdom will not survive. 27 And if I am empowered by Satan, what about your own exorcists? They cast out demons, too, so they will condemn you for what you have said. 28 But if I am casting out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has arrived among you.

Anyway, my sincerest apologies. I need to stay out of the conversation until I actually have some time. I don't even know what any of the other responses are.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Reactions: Sabertooth

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey, man. Sorry for the late responses. I am so busy lately that I really shouldn't be involved in conversations at all.

But about this, it's too hard to take that view away from the account in the Garden of Eden. Satan accused the Living God of being a Liar, and sought to deceive His creation into sinning against Him and bringing death upon himself. If there was ever an operator with malevolent designs, it was the serpent, whom the Lord identified with Satan again in Revelation (Revelation 20:2).

Again, the problem with your theory for me is that the Pharisees readily identified an evil entity in their exchanges with Jesus (Matthew 9:34). If they attributed both good and bad to God up until the time of Jesus, they would not have assented to Jesus' claim that there was a prince of demons. And in the Matthew 12 text, when they claimed He did his works by Beelzebub, Jesus then questioned them on how Satan could be divided against his own kingdom and stand, meaning he understood them to be equating Beelzebub with Satan:

24 But when the Pharisees heard about the miracle, they said, “No wonder he can cast out demons. He gets his power from Beelzebub, the prince of demons.” 25 Jesus knew their thoughts and replied, “Any kingdom divided by civil war is doomed. A town or family splintered by feuding will fall apart. 26 And if Satan is casting out Satan, he is divided and fighting against himself. His own kingdom will not survive. 27 And if I am empowered by Satan, what about your own exorcists? They cast out demons, too, so they will condemn you for what you have said. 28 But if I am casting out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has arrived among you.

Anyway, my sincerest apologies. I need to stay out of the conversation until I actually have some time. I don't even know what any of the other responses are.

God bless,
Hidden In Him
No issue with the late reply...I can relate.

We know of the devil in Eden because we read back into it from information that surfaced later....information like Revelation 20:2 which identifies the Serpent. Ask a religious Jew who the Serpent in the garden was and they'll say, a talking snake of course which Eve blamed because she wouldn't take responsibility for her own actions.

The later part of your post where you quote Matthew is addressed in my post #33

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, the problem with your theory for me is that the Pharisees readily identified an evil entity in their exchanges with Jesus (Matthew 9:34). If they attributed both good and bad to God up until the time of Jesus, they would not have assented to Jesus' claim that there was a prince of demons. And in the Matthew 12 text, when they claimed He did his works by Beelzebub, Jesus then questioned them on how Satan could be divided against his own kingdom and stand, meaning he understood them to be equating Beelzebub with Satan:...
Same point in post #13.