Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it’s not and if you see everything that I Posted in that post you will see.

Being in Gods presence doesn’t mean being in the garden and some of the scriptures I provided state that Eve gave birth after they left the garden she was even named after they left the garden

Also God is omnipresent and everywhere so obviously Cain meant something else maybe that he would be out of Gods blessing and driven away from the land that they lived in

You can’t logically just avoid everything I posted and stick to your one view

Genesis 4:25-26
25 Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.” 26 Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh. At that time people began to call on the name of the Lord.

We’re these other people in the garden too?
No verse in Scripture claims Eve gave birth to Cain after the Garden, any more than you claim what I see as wrong. You see what you want to see.

Can you prove when Cain and Abel were born? No you cannot. Seth was born when Adam was 130. You have no proof any more than I do that it could have been over 100 years between births. Normally people do not wait until they are 130 to have offspring. You claim Eve and Adam had Cain and Abel on the 6th day in Genesis 1:26-28, no? They also sinned the next day, no? Can you explain how Seth was born 130 years later, instead of the day after Cain killed Abel? How old were Cain and Abel in chapter 4? Was Seth born the next day?

"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord."

This verse does not say anything about after leaving the Garden. But notice this:

"And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord."

This story had at least 128 years "to come to pass". Let's assume procreation worked even better than it does today, well in fact it did:

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children"

You really think Adam waited until after he disobeyed God to procreate with Eve? Once again:

"And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

Nothing in there about being celibate. Chapter 4 could have easily started out after chapter 2 chronologically. How would Eve know a difference in child bearing if there was no pre-disobedience child birth?

The process of time in Genesis 4:3 very well could have included the events in Genesis 3.

Genesis 3 was literally only about Adam's disobedience and nothing else. It was not a necessary chronological event preceding Genesis 4. Genesis 4:25:

"And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew."

Adam was given Seth 130 years from some starting point. There is really no indication that Adam left the Garden at 129 years. I think Adam left the Garden 100 years before Seth was born.

I think Adam was placed in the Garden 130 years before Seth was born. There was a 30 year span where chapters 2 and 3 played out. I also think chapter 4 happened in a way that those words "in the process of time" included part of those 30 years. God indicated that Eve already experienced birth and that it would be a lot different the next time. So in 100 years how much sorrow did Adam and Eve have before Seth was born? If you claim they were in the Garden for over 100 years, exactly what happened during that time? If you claim they left the Garden 130 years before Seth, what was the process of time needed for between Cain and Abel growing up with no one around? Are you saying Cain was a tiller of the ground as soon as he could walk? Is being a tiller of the ground prohibited in the Garden of Eden? Adam and Eve were now in dead corruptible flesh. That was prohibited in the Garden lest they continue to eat of the tree of life and live forever in sin and dead corruptible flesh. Did not God kill an animal in the Garden to cloth Adam and Eve?

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them."

Nor does it ever say that Cain and Abel made sacrifices for sin.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one word has been added to the scripture as you "falsely claim"
"The Sons Of God" in Job 1:6 presented themselves before the Lord, they were followers of God, just as all followers of God described below

Nothing in the scriptures talks about them being followers of God, like in reference to any of the earthly followers. I am not going follow you on these twist....I will just point out when you are doing it.

as you have been shown in post #148 (The Sons) Hebrew word (Ben) doesn't represent heavenly beings or Angel(s) as you believe and teach, the Hebrew word (Malak) represents the English (Angel)

I am not going down the rabbit hole of your twist of explainations. The Hebrew word means son or boy. Nothing to do with the context of this story. I am not saying they were human sons or angels.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going down the rabbit hole of your twist of explainations. The Hebrew word means son or boy. Nothing to do with the context of this story. I am not saying they were human sons or angels.

Quote: Grailhunter post #15
If sons of God were ever described as angels, it it would make this a lot easier.

This set of scriptures indicates that the Nephilims already existed in that time period, not necessarily connected to this event.
Biblically it is never explained exactly who or what impregnated these women.
All that information occurs outside of the Bible.
It is generally assumed that these beings were from above and not human.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote: Grailhunter post #15
If sons of God were ever described as angels, it it would make this a lot easier.

This set of scriptures indicates that the Nephilims already existed in that time period, not necessarily connected to this event.
Biblically it is never explained exactly who or what impregnated these women.
All that information occurs outside of the Bible.
It is generally assumed that these beings were from above and not human.

Yeap that is what I said and I meant it. That is the truth.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But how does two sinful groups produce mighty men, men of fame and renown.

YOu still have failed to prove autonomy. If by that you eman complete independence from God, that would be wrong. They wanted self rule but still had a need for god. Like religious folks of today.

and you still fail to prove the line of Seth which is now not righteous is the sones of God.

Genesis 6
King James Version

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Job 38:7
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Here are the only four times the phrase sons of god appears in trhe OT. the last three are definitely angelic beings.

why should we accept that god meant something different than the other three times He said so!

Especially considering that the sons of God when they had sex with women produced

It is unfortunate that nephilim is translated as giants. that translation came about after teh septuagint when they used the word titanis to translate napil forom the hebrew.

It means marvelous or huge (in fame and also stature.) But given that these nephilim became known as valiant men and men of fame. It is far more likely they were men as mentioned in Gen. 4 They were probably hybrids who excelled in crafts and strength and even height. From these were the ancient myths born of the gods and demi gods when the gods came down, had sex with women and produced such offspring as hercules, apollos, icarus, Thor Lokli etc.etc.etc. in may ancient pagan beliefs.
For being such a student of God's Word, why do you get this one so wrong?

Every time son of God is mentioned in God's Word it is about those created on day 6.

Being a son of God is being created in God's image. Angels were created as lights. God is light. That is not the same thing as God's image. That is the same thing as God "being something". Body, soul, and spirit is a trinity. A son of God in the image of God is a trinity. The Word was God and the Word was with God. Same with our body and soul. The Holy Spirit is the same as our spirit. How can an angel be a son of God, and not humans created in God's image, all three persons of God? An angel is just a light in the firmament. Humans once were lights on earth, and will be again. Humans will shine as the angels, because that is how they were created, not that they become like angels. The spirit or robe of white will light up the earth like the sun. Jesus proved that on the mount of Transfiguration. Jesus was not showing us He was an angel. Jesus was showing us who humans are as sons of God.

Your interpretation is giving away your birthright to the angels. There were sons of God on earth before, during, and after Adam was in the Garden. They were created on the 6th day in God's image. They were in permanent incorruptible physical bodies. Obviously quite different than Adam's dead corruptible flesh he was given when Adam physically died, after disobedience to God. Adam was given dead flesh, and the spirit of light removed. Adam and Eve instantly knew they had changed from Life unto death. Adam and Eve were sons of God, and they died and stopped being sons of God on earth. Also there is nothing that states all sons of God listened to Satan. Not all will listen to Satan at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Jesus. Not all the angels listened to Satan and rebelled against God. Not all the sons of God, especially the first generation would have rebelled against God.

The reason why the sons of God would want to procreate with Adam's flesh, sounds like a scheme thought up by Satan.

Satan convinced Eve that the fruit looked like something desirable. Seems the sons of God thought the same way about Adam's dead flesh and blood. Sounds like Satan's deception at work to me.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again, the qualified Hebrew scholar "Strongs" states (The Sons) in Genesis 6:4 are human, and not angels or beings from above, there are 4,906 examples to review of the Hebrew (Ben)

(The Sons)

Strongs translated (ben) 4,906 times, not once was Angel(s) used

Lexicon :: Strong's H1121 - bēn

Transliteration

bēn
Pronunciation
bane
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From בָּנָה (H1129)
Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: H1129; a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like father or brother), etc.):—afflicted, age, (Ahoh-) (Ammon-) (Hachmon-) (Lev-) ite, (anoint-) ed one, appointed to, (son (2,978x), children (1,568x), old (135x), first (51x), man (20x), young (18x), young (with H1241) (17x), child (10x), stranger (10x), people (5x), miscellaneous (92x).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again, the qualified Hebrew scholar "Strongs" states (The Sons) in Genesis 6:4 are human, and not angels or beings from above, there are 4,906 examples to review of the Hebrew (Ben)

(The Sons)

Strongs translated (ben) 4,906 times, not once was Angel(s) used

Lexicon :: Strong's H1121 - bēn

Transliteration

bēn
Pronunciation
bane
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From בָּנָה (H1129)
Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: H1129; a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like father or brother), etc.):—afflicted, age, (Ahoh-) (Ammon-) (Hachmon-) (Lev-) ite, (anoint-) ed one, appointed to, (son (2,978x), children (1,568x), old (135x), first (51x), man (20x), young (18x), young (with H1241) (17x), child (10x), stranger (10x), people (5x), miscellaneous (92x).

So yeshua is not the Son of God?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans do not present themselves before God in holy court. Read the scriptures, and their offspring are defines a the mighty men of renown.
This set of scriptures are not defining anything of the norm.

And their offspring were not described as giants.
Not Adam's dead flesh. Those sons of God created on the 6th day certainly still represent humans in council with God. The term human is not necessarily defined by Adam's fallen state.

Being human is the same terminology as man, mankind, a person. God is not a human but God took on human form, and created humans in His image: body, soul, and spirit.

Unless you deny the Trinity because it makes God more human, you could turn it around and view a human with a permanent incorruptible physical body, and a spirit as being more like God. God is conforming us to His image. We are not saying God should become our image. God obviously came first, not man. But man started out representing God on earth, until Adam disobeyed. Now we just represent Adam, unless we are willing to crucify the flesh and submit to the Holy Spirit.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not Adam's dead flesh. Those sons of God created on the 6th day certainly still represent humans in council with God. The term human is not necessarily defined by Adam's fallen state.

Being human is the same terminology as man, mankind, a person. God is not a human but God took on human form, and created humans in His image: body, soul, and spirit.

Unless you deny the Trinity because it makes God more human, you could turn it around and view a human with a permanent incorruptible physical body, and a spirit as being more like God. God is conforming us to His image. We are not saying God should become our image. God obviously came first, not man. But man started out representing God on earth, until Adam disobeyed. Now we just represent Adam, unless we are willing to crucify the flesh and submit to the Holy Spirit.

So Yeshua was not the Son of God.
And I do not how you get this rot about the 6th day?
God took human forum? God begot a Son.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people believe that the sons of God were fallen angels who fornicated and had children with female human beings thus making the world so evil that God decided to destroy civilization.

Yup - that's my "Knee jerk" belief about it. Since such beings wouldn't be pure ADAMIC HUMANS, the plan of salvation wouldn't work, so a CLEANSING was required to eliminate the "mongrels" and re-purify the Adamic race. 2 Pet 2:4,5 speaks of a unique group of angels reserved unto judgement, and tied to Noah's time.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again we are all sons and daughters of God....but no connection to the story in Genesis.
You live in a different creation from the rest of us? Not all of us are sons of God, posting in a supposedly Christian only thread notwithstanding. Not referring to us posters only. We all are connected to the beginning in Genesis. If not, the term sons of God would literally be meaningless. If Adam and Eve could mess up humanity, why not more sons of God?

Certainly it only took one Jesus to make things right, but every generation since Noah has had some humans bent on destroying creation.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You live in a different creation from the rest of us? Not all of us are sons of God

Well you just quoted Romans that said we are the sons of God.
Since you have been dodging the question of if Yeshua is the Son of God....please tell me that I am not talking to a Jehovah's Witness.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are going with a thought totally outside of Scripture, a third race of beings along side of humans and angels?

Your excuse about Scripture then leads you to invent a third set of beings never before known by God or man?

Do you have offspring? Do they look like other humans? Do they resemble their parents?

Does the word procreate come from the same root word as create? God defined the sons of God in Genesis 1:26-28. Then even more specifically in Genesis 2:7. What did not happen is giving them names or terms. Do you take issue with a definition that comes first followed by a name?

That happens quite a lot in Scripture.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Yeshua was not the Son of God.
And I do not how you get this rot about the 6th day?
God took human forum? God begot a Son.
Jesus is 100% human. Jesus is 100% YWHW.

He was a son of God no matter if he was human or YWHW

Did you put Genesis 1 on ignore, and it no longer exists in your Bible?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - that's my "Knee jerk" belief about it. Since such beings wouldn't be pure ADAMIC HUMANS, the plan of salvation wouldn't work, so a CLEANSING was required to eliminate the "mongrels" and re-purify the Adamic race. 2 Pet 2:4,5 speaks of a unique group of angels reserved unto judgement, and tied to Noah's time.
Really? Only Jesus could restore Adam's "race". The only way to do that is to physically die. Such nonsense about keeping Adam's race pure. How do you keep corruptible flesh perfectly corruptible?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So yeshua is not the Son of God?
The Name In English That I Speak Is "Jesus Christ", And Yes He Is "God"!

John 1:1KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it's your knee jerk Bob, you live in the Baptist heart of Texas and Dallas Theological and their fairy tales, nothing expected otherwise

DallasTheological loves the late Calvary Chapel Chuck Missler, and his tall tales of the Nephilim

A salute Adulterer C.I. Scofield, and his prodigy in Lewis S. Chafer who started Dallas Theological

Last edited: