Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it happened and the whole world except Noah conformed that’s why the flood happened

Well the whole word was filled with sin. but you have yet to show any biblical support for your theory.

How does fallen line of Seth, mating with teh daughters of the fallen line of Cain, produce the Nephilim, the gibborim and men of fame? You have failed to answer this as well.

You also have failed to show how lust for autonomy was teh sin that brought the flood about!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well the whole word was filled with sin. but you have yet to show any biblical support for your theory.

How does fallen line of Seth, mating with teh daughters of the fallen line of Cain, produce the Nephilim, the gibborim and men of fame? You have failed to answer this as well.

You also have failed to show how lust for autonomy was teh sin that brought the flood about!

The proof that the lust for autonomy was the sin that brought the flood is history. The whole world but Noah conformed and then God judged the world and preserved the faithful through Noah.

God didn’t destroy the world because it was filled with sin because it’s always has been and always will filled with sin just one year of abortions would be enough for God to destroy the world. God always extends grace so people can repent but it came down to just Noah and it would of ended with Noah. That’s why the reason for the flood will be the same reason the end of our world.

I didn’t fail to answer the question of the giants because I don’t believe that I was asked but it doesn’t matter because giants were around after the flood.

Reactions: Truth7t7

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem.

I don't believe in extra terrestrial love affars either...LOL.

what is extra terrestrial?

Regarding 1 Corinthians 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

Celestial bodies
Bodies of terrestrial
…which was Christ when He said I am from above?

1 Corinthians 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy:

and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
celestial or terrestrial?

why is it important? Because what are we saying God destroys?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is extra terrestrial?

Regarding 1 Corinthians 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

Celestial bodies
Bodies of terrestrial
…which was Christ when He said I am from above?

1 Corinthians 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy:

and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
celestial or terrestrial?

why is it important? Because what are we saying God destroys?
Celestial/ extra terrestrial...same thing.

Angels can't make babies.

Everything that reproduces must be after its kind per Gen 1.

That's God's unbreakable Law of creation.

Not even angels can break this law of nature.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Celestial/ extra terrestrial...same thing.

Angels can't make babies.

Everything that reproduces must be after its kind per Gen 1.

That's God's unbreakable Law of creation.

Not even angels can break this law of nature.

not that I’m right but I do disagree that angels can’t make babies… “babes in Christ” everything that reproduces must bear “after its own seed”, in likeness. Born of God? Until Christ be formed in you? That is why i asked you what do you think Christ was claiming when He said I am from above…was He claiming to be celestial, while he pointed out they were from below terrestrial? How can that which is born from above not be able to bear seed and produce children?…when the word seems to say children of promise given of God from above (celestial?) . Maybe not by sex but still yet are their not children conceived and brought forth…delivered? How can we say celestial can not reproduce only because their is neither male nor female, Neither Greek nor Jew, neither bond nor free but a new creature? Impossible? Be fruitful and multiply? And the word of God was multiplied and grew?

to be clear …I’m not suggesting infants …but what does still carnal mean …as a babe in Christ?

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The proof that the lust for autonomy was the sin that brought the flood is history. The whole world but Noah conformed and then God judged the world and preserved the faithful through Noah.

God didn’t destroy the world because it was filled with sin because it’s always has been and always will filled with sin just one year of abortions would be enough for God to destroy the world. God always extends grace so people can repent but it came down to just Noah and it would of ended with Noah. That’s why the reason for the flood will be the same reason the end of our world.

I didn’t fail to answer the question of the giants because I don’t believe that I was asked but it doesn’t matter because giants were around after the flood.

But how does two sinful groups produce mighty men, men of fame and renown.

YOu still have failed to prove autonomy. If by that you eman complete independence from God, that would be wrong. They wanted self rule but still had a need for god. Like religious folks of today.

and you still fail to prove the line of Seth which is now not righteous is the sones of God.

Genesis 6
King James Version

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Job 38:7
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Here are the only four times the phrase sons of god appears in trhe OT. the last three are definitely angelic beings.

why should we accept that god meant something different than the other three times He said so!

Especially considering that the sons of God when they had sex with women produced

It is unfortunate that nephilim is translated as giants. that translation came about after teh septuagint when they used the word titanis to translate napil forom the hebrew.

It means marvelous or huge (in fame and also stature.) But given that these nephilim became known as valiant men and men of fame. It is far more likely they were men as mentioned in Gen. 4 They were probably hybrids who excelled in crafts and strength and even height. From these were the ancient myths born of the gods and demi gods when the gods came down, had sex with women and produced such offspring as hercules, apollos, icarus, Thor Lokli etc.etc.etc. in may ancient pagan beliefs.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not that I’m right but I do disagree that angels can’t make babies… “babes in Christ” everything that reproduces must bear “after its own seed”, in likeness. Born of God? Until Christ be formed in you? That is why i asked you what do you think Christ was claiming when He said I am from above…was He claiming to be celestial, while he pointed out they were from below terrestrial? How can that which is born from above not be able to bear seed and produce children?…when the word seems to say children of promise given of God from above (celestial?) . Maybe not by sex but still yet are their not children conceived and brought forth…delivered? How can we say celestial can not reproduce only because their is neither male nor female, Neither Greek nor Jew, neither bond nor free but a new creature? Impossible? Be fruitful and multiply? And the word of God was multiplied and grew?

to be clear …I’m not suggesting infants …but what does still carnal mean …as a babe in Christ?
Jesus being from above means he was a man before the foundation of the world that died way back then.

God transcends time and therefore He made his son to also.

The human son was around throughout the OT.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

YOu still have failed to prove autonomy. If by that you eman complete independence from God, that would be wrong. They wanted self rule but still had a need for god. Like religious folks of today.

and you still fail to prove the line of Seth which is now not righteous is the sones of God.

Genesis 6
King James Version

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Here are the only four times the phrase sons of god appears in trhe OT. the last three are definitely angelic beings.

why should we accept that god meant something different than the other three times He said so!

Especially considering that the sons of God when they had sex with women produced

It is unfortunate that nephilim is translated as giants. that translation came about after teh septuagint when they used the word titanis to translate napil forom the hebrew.

It means marvelous or huge (in fame and also stature.) But given that these nephilim became known as valiant men and men of fame. It is far more likely they were men as mentioned in Gen. 4 They were probably hybrids who excelled in crafts and strength and even height. From these were the ancient myths born of the gods and demi gods when the gods came down, had sex with women and produced such offspring as hercules, apollos, icarus, Thor Lokli etc.etc.etc. in may ancient pagan beliefs.

Do sinful groups produce great people today by the world’s standards? Yes of course they do

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 6
King James Version

You fail to prove that God went against His word in Gen 1 and let things breed after DIFFERENT kinds.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 6
King James Version

God's word clearly defines "The Sons Of God" below, humans on earth who are led by God, its that simple

Romans 8:14KJV
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Reactions: Truther

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's word clearly defines "The Sons Of God" below, humans on earth who are led by God, its that simple

Humans do not present themselves before God in holy court. Read the scriptures, and their offspring are defines a the mighty men of renown.
This set of scriptures are not defining anything of the norm.

And their offspring were not described as giants.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus being from above means he was a man before the foundation of the world that died way back then.

Huh? Jesus being from above in
John 8:23 is he was a man? “And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.”

Are you saying “You must be born from above of God” means …you must be a man before the foundation of the world that died way back then? What is to come down from above?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? Jesus being from above in
John 8:23 is he was a man? “And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.”

Are you saying “You must be born from above of God” means …you must be a man before the foundation of the world that died way back then? What is to come down from above?
Yes, Jesus died from the foundation of the world and was born before anything in creation was born...giving him preeminence.

Now you know how Jesus is the first and the last.

You thought he cut in line?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans do not present themselves before God in holy court. Read the scriptures, and their offspring are defines a the mighty men of renown.
This set of scriptures are not defining anything of the norm.

And their offspring were not described as giants.
"Humans" Joshua and others were led by God, Joshua, the Elders, Judges, and Officers, presented themselves before God, mighty men of renown, before your eyes, a parallel teaching of "The Sons Of God"

You have some made up imaginary "Holy Court" of God somewhere, were back to assumption, speculation, in immagination, on something not seen, perhaps mythological Zeus and the great meeting of the gods? :D

The heavens are God's throne, and the earth is his footstool Isaiah 66:1

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

"The Sons Of God"

Job 1:6KJV
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Joshua 24:1KJV
1 And Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, and called for the elders of Israel, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers; and they presented themselves before God.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Humans" Joshua and others were led by God, Joshua, the Elders, Judges, and Officers, presented themselves before God, mighty men of renown, before your eyes, a parallel teaching of "The Sons Of God"

No these guys were in heaven....a little different than Joshua....LOL

You have some made up imaginary "Holy Court" of God somewhere, were back to assumption, speculation, in immagination, on something not seen, perhaps mythological Zeus and the great meeting of the gods?

LOL So where do you think god is? Local bar?

And again we are all sons and daughters of God....but no connection to the story in Genesis.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No these guys were in heaven....a little different than Joshua....LOL

And again we are all sons and daughters of God....but no connection to the story in Genesis.
You have some made up imaginary "Holy Court" of God "In Heaven" not seen in the text, were back to assumption, speculation, in immagination, on something not seen, perhaps mythological Zeus and the great meeting of the gods? :D

Job 16-7KJV
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.
7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My Lord "God" is Omnipresent, I'm before his footstool presently as I write

Isaiah 66:1KJV
Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, all humans that are led by and follow God, they are the sons of God, old and new testament, you don't define the "The Sons Of God" scripture below does

As you gave been clearly shown, in the old testament

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and Marty fox